Author Topic: [IC] Sonic switches, the perfect match for GMK Wavez  (Read 24913 times)

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
[IC] Sonic switches, the perfect match for GMK Wavez
« on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:22:40 »
Hi guys,

It's Enjoy here again bringing you guys some exciting news coming up! As the drop date for GMK Wavez is getting closer than ever, we are proud to announce some of the collaborations behind the scene with some other members of our community that I’ve been working on.

This is an Interest Check for our new Sonic switches lineup to pair with your GMK Wavez keyset! The color of the stems and housings will be customized to fit with the main theme of Wavez. We are planning on doing only ONE round of these awesome Sonic switches, so get yours while you still can. We are considering two variants of Sonic switches offered in this buy – either tactile (KBD’s T1 switches) or linear (gateron yellows). Depending on the outcome of the voting polls, we will decide whether we would like to move forward with either one, or both.

Disclaimer: I will not be making any profit on these switches. I decided to do this as a token of goodwill due to the overwhelmed amount of support the community has been giving me throughout the Interest Check phase of GMK Wavez. Thank you everyone! I am very grateful for everything. Please help me filling out the poll if you are interested. It really helps a ton!

TLDR: Sonic switches. Two variants – tactile (KBD T1’s) or linear (gateron yellows). Customized colors.

The First switch :

Sonic (Tactile)

The tactile option of this switch would be the T1 by KBDfans (similar to the Holy Panda, GSUS, YOK, etc.)

Specs :

Manufacturer: KBDfans
Colors: Housing: Wavez modifiers color, Stem: Bright Green
Weight: 67cN bottom out
Pricing: $.55 each
MOQ: 25k pcs

The Second switch :

Sonic L (Linear)

The linear option of this switch would be produced by Gateron in a similar fashion to the Linjar by Emir

Specs :

Manufacturer: Gateron
Colors: Wavez alphas color, Stem: Bright Green
Weight: TBD
Pricing: TBD
MOQ: 20k pcs (est)

Finally, I would like to personally thank my friends for making this happen. All credits go them! This would not happen without their tremendous help.

1)   Visionaire for contacting me and motivated me to do such an amazing project and making the google form !
2)   Otanishock for helping me to draft that IC !

Let me know what you guys think, I'm counting on your feedback so please consider filling this google form for helping us out : https://goo.gl/forms/QuB2RHyk9mpDNYjR2

Cheers, Enjoy ~

EDIT : 03/20 : Unfortunatly guys we can't have Nylon housings for the T1 switches, so I wanted to know if it was a deal breaker for you or not ! We can only have them in transparent, let me know what you think about that !
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 March 2019, 08:59:48 by EnjoyMyInSec »

Offline click clack jack

Re: [IC] Sonic switches, the perfect match for GMK Wavez
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:24:09 »
Wow!! Damn these are amazing. I saw on top clack that T1's are very close to the zealio. These will be fixed leaf right?

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:26:57 »
I'm in. :)

Just glad you took to the idea and happy to help in the process.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2019, 20:06:58 by Visionaire »

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:27:42 »
Wow!! Damn these are amazing. I saw on top clack that T1's are very close to the zealio. These will be fixed leaf right?

Yep the leaf is fixed !!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:28:22 »

Yes, these are V2

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:31:41 »

If the chatter is fixed I'm in for these.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:36:52 »
Hi guys,

It's Enjoy here again bringing you guys some exciting news coming up! As the drop date for GMK Wavez is getting closer than ever, we are proud to announce some of the collaborations behind the scene with some other members of our community that I’ve been working on.

Show Image

This is an Interest Check for our new Sonic switches lineup to pair with your GMK Wavez keyset! The color of the stems and housings will be customized to fit with the main theme of Wavez. We are planning on doing only ONE round of these awesome Sonic switches, so get yours while you still can. We are considering two variants of Sonic switches offered in this buy – either tactile (KBD’s T1 switches) or linear (gateron yellows). Depending on the outcome of the voting polls, we will decide whether we would like to move forward with either one, or both.

Disclaimer: I will not be making any profit on these switches. I decided to do this as a token of goodwill due to the overwhelmed amount of support the community has been giving me throughout the Interest Check phase of GMK Wavez. Thank you everyone! I am very grateful for everything. Please help me filling out the poll if you are interested. It really helps a ton!

TLDR: Sonic switches. Two variants – tactile (KBD T1’s) or linear (gateron yellows). Customized colors.

The First switch :

Sonic T1 (Tactile)

The tactile option of this switch would be the T1 by KBDfans (similar to the Holy Panda, GSUS, YOK, etc.)

Specs :

Show Image

The Second switch :

Sonic L (Linear)

The linear option of this switch would be produced by Gateron in a similar fashion to the Linjar by Emir

Specs :

Show Image

Finally, I would like to personally thank my friends for making this happen. All credits go them! This would not happen without their tremendous help.

1)   Visionaire for contacting me and motivated me to do such an amazing project and making the google form !

Let me know what you guys think, I'm counting on your feedback so please consider filling this google form for helping us out : https://goo.gl/forms/QuB2RHyk9mpDNYjR2

Cheers, Enjoy ~

All in

Offline etong415

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:38:18 »
In for both linears and tactiles

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:39:13 »
More pro bono Group buys the better. I love it. Thanks for doing this for the community

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:55:04 »
Take my money

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:57:40 »
Totally in

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 20:07:50 »
Hi guys,

Show Image

The First switch :

Sonic (Tactile)

Specs :

Show Image

The Second switch :

Sonic L (Linear)

Specs :

Show Image

Cheers, Enjoy ~
I think you should do a lighter green with 40 g bottom out.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 20:41:33 »
just my opinion, isn't Wavez ~ sound related? why don't you make clicky switches?  :))
do people dislike clicky switches that much?  :-X

Offline Jinnnxxu

• U only live once
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 20:43:35 »
 :thumb:   GL
Ins: Jinnnxxu     Discord:Jinnnxxu#9644    
Exclusive: E8V1 | E7V1 x14 | E7-VX | E6V2 x1 | E6V2 PE x7 | E6.5 x9 | E7SE x3 | E8.5 x5
Matrix: 1.0RE | 1.2RE | Abel | Abel+ | Cain | 2.0 x8 | 2.2 x8 | Abel-x x4 | M6 x2 | 1.2OG x15 | Project F x2 | 2.0AD x15 | Noah x3 | Mr. Hat x3 | 2.0VK x1
Rama: M60-A x4 | M65-A x2 | M6-A 88edition | M6-B | KOYU x3 | M60-A SEQ2 X4 | M6-C x2 | U80 x5 | M10-C | M6-C | M60 LNY x2 | M60 Olivia x2 | M65-B x5
FOX: Leaf 80 x4 | Leaf 60 x4 | Key65 x5      TGR:Jane V2 | 910RE | Jane V2 CE x2     Percent: Canoe x3 | Maze x2 | Skog lite | Canoe FE x2
Others: Mira SE x2 | Jermini | C225 x2 | INETT Cross x2 | Kira 80 | Kira 60 | Zephyr 65 R2 | Space 65 x2 | Volcano 660 x3 | INETT Square80 x4 | INETT Square68 x6 | FMJ 80 x2 | Keycult No.2 x1 | Thermal x2

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 20:47:17 »
just my opinion, isn't Wavez ~ sound related? why don't you make clicky switches?  :))
do people dislike clicky switches that much?  :-X

I totally agree with you, and I'm actually a fan of clicky switches myself but I higly doubt a clicky switch will reach MOQ, I think nowadays people are more into linears and tactile switches

:thumb:   GL

Thanks a lot !

Offline hsunwoo1221

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 21:12:47 »
Looking forward to these! and Wavez itself too  :thumb:

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 21:22:08 »
This sounds cool, I'm down to clown  :cool:

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 22:55:46 »
This sounds cool, I'm down to clown  :cool:

lol, I can't read that phrase without hearing Hueys voice saying it

Offline appaboy

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 22:56:54 »
Finally some razer greens getting some love  :)

jk, im def. interested in these  :p
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline Starston3

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 23:48:46 »
These def look like rezer greens.

but I'm in for recolored t1.

Offline ever9415

• EVER STORY
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 00:28:08 »
It is really beautiful.
I like linear, so I am interested in the Sonic L switch.
When is GB?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 00:43:04 »
love for enjoy, wavez, and sonic :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 March 2019, 00:46:58 by oldcat »

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 00:52:45 »
I'm trying to slow down my buying a bit so I probably won't be buying these. I did want to drop by and say good job though! This is awesome and would be an intabuy for me if I was joining Wavez. Look amazing, and it is much appreciated doing this pro bono. Stuff like this makes me really happy to be apart of this community.

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 01:19:11 »
So the T1s will be in opaque housing? This would be a great opportunity for tactile enthusiasts as the opaque housing could have better acoustics than the regular translucent housing. Any comment on that?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 01:20:18 »
Good luck! 👏🏻

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 01:23:37 »
Linear or tactile? You can't trust stem-colours any more ...

This would be a great opportunity for tactile enthusiasts as the opaque housing could have better acoustics than the regular translucent housing.
Better durability and less friction too, right?
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 March 2019, 02:38:22 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 01:39:32 »
Take my money

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 01:48:34 »
wtb razer greens
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 02:32:35 »
Interested in both as long as they have opaque housings  :thumb:

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 02:57:36 »
That's my question too, neither of the switches to be recoloured have full opaque housing, so it's not a simple recolour, I'd be all for the linear version if it's an all black opaque housing, Gateron have only offered that on the silents thus far I think.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 03:19:12 »
👀

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 07:53:56 »
gmk wavez + nano wavez + artisan RAMA + Sonic switches + Deskmat (???) = RIP WALLET  :))

KMK Labs.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 08:30:03 »
gmk wavez + nano wavez + artisan RAMA + Sonic switches + Deskmat (???) = RIP WALLET  :))

KMK Labs.

See, what'd I tell you Enjoy? Get that deskmat designed. ;)

I'm already planning on cerakoting a board + gmk wavez + sonic switches... legoo. :)

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 09:00:27 »

KMK Labs.

See, what'd I tell you Enjoy? Get that deskmat designed. ;)

I'm already planning on cerakoting a board + gmk wavez + sonic switches... legoo. :)

I guess I really have to consider it hehe  ;D

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 09:56:34 »
More love for sonic and wavez

215066-0

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:02:44 »
That's my question too, neither of the switches to be recoloured have full opaque housing, so it's not a simple recolour, I'd be all for the linear version if it's an all black opaque housing, Gateron have only offered that on the silents thus far I think.

Fingers crossed!

Gateron sells (or used to sell) all-black opaque non-silent switches as an OEM. My Ergodox EZ from 2017 had them. You can still buy them on Taobao but I'm not sure if they are still being made or if those are just old stock being cleared.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:05:57 »
Opaque housings please!!!!!!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:06:55 »
Opaque housings please!!!!!!

That is the desire. Have questions out to verify.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:08:33 »
Really looking forward to these switches. I will be in for both switch types.
Keep up the great work!

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:08:37 »

Fingers crossed!

Gateron sells (or used to sell) all-black opaque non-silent switches as an OEM. My Ergodox EZ from 2017 had them. You can still buy them on Taobao but I'm not sure if they are still being made or if those are just old stock being cleared.
Questions that need answers! And yes you're quite right though I didn't know they were available on tao. AFAIK the opaque and transparent housings use different materials which in the case of the tops drastically effect the switch note on top out.

Should this be a recolour of the transparent gat tops we're used to seeing then personally it's a no from me, I'm not here for the colour, if it's a true black on black and they are still making them/capable of, then I'm all in.

Any input Enjoy?

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:13:16 »

Fingers crossed!

Questions that need answers! And yes you're quite right though I didn't know they were available on tao. AFAIK the opaque and transparent housings use different materials which in the case of the tops drastically effect the switch note on top out.

Should this be a recolour of the transparent gat tops we're used to seeing then personally it's a no from me, I'm not here for the colour, if it's a true black on black and they are still making them/capable of, then I'm all in.

Any input Enjoy?

You are right, the opaque housing is a different material. This was accomplished with the Gateron run for Linjar. Researching now, but seems like that's the desire of the folks who are interested, so we'll be marching in that direction.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:16:57 »

Fingers crossed!

Any input Enjoy?

You are right, the opaque housing is a different material. This was accomplished with the Gateron run for Linjar. Researching now, but seems like that's the desire of the folks who are interested, so we'll be marching in that direction.

Another vote here for true opaque housings. The color is nice, but not having to cannibalize Cherry switches for their tops is the real prize. The milky just doesn't cut it, sound is too high pitched.

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:19:38 »

Fingers crossed!

Any input Enjoy?

Hero.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 18:02:07 »
Gateron offers only nylon 66; at least that's what I was offered. They're good and smooth, though.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 18:42:02 »
wow~
beautiful.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 19:24:54 »
Gateron offers only nylon 66; at least that's what I was offered. They're good and smooth, though.

Good to know! Thanks Emir.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 21:07:11 »
Novelty coloured switches? Count me in!

Offline bciamny

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 22:36:46 »
i vote both. :)

Offline upas

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 16:04:40 »
Is 2019 the year of the colored switches? These are amazing! Definitely in for both, as long as the linears are Gat yellows.

Offline jortzii

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 21:24:15 »
In for tactile for sure! Green colored things need more representation in the hobby imo. GL!
Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT