Author Topic: [IC] GG60-Pro 60% Premium Travel Board Kit - Renders and Price Updated  (Read 4226 times)

Online entergogo

• entergogo | Typing Better
Price updated on July 23, 2019
GG60-Pro is a minimalist mechanical keyboard kit, it is designed for the people who like portable and small keyboards, the wireless function quite fit for the people who like travel and work mobile, one charge can last over 2 months.

We hope more and more people can enjoy a premium custom mechanical keyboard. So we tried our best to make it an affordable custom keyboard kit, only $99 for the basic kit.

New Renders, Updated on July 19, 2019

More renders https://imgur.com/gallery/hRbvRTt

LAST POST: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101368.0

Hi guys, we get the 3D print sample on July 5, we felt that both the right and left edge part could be narrower and it looked more concise and generous. As well, we adjusted the indicator light to the upper right corner of the keyboard and placed the charging port on the top left of the keyboard. Then we made several renders for reference.

Design
Minimalist Design for 60% MK Enthusiast.

Why the name: ĎGGí from the brand name Ďentergogoí, 60 means 60%. Iím planning to make a general 60% custom keyboard if this ĎProí version comes true.

Features
  • Anodized Aluminum 6063 base case
  • 7-degree angle.
  • Aluminum 6063 & Brass plate
  • PCB
  • Bluetooth 3.0 with 2000mAh Lithium battery (estimated 2 months duration)
  • Dual mode, Wire/Wireless, charging when cable plugged
  • Hot-swap socket
  • QMK
  • Type-C terminal
  • Black PCB with Gold pads
  • Low battery/charging indicators

Spec
  • Layout options. ANSI & ISO Layout (ANSI coming earlier, and ISO later)
  • Case color options. Black and Red
  • Aluminum Plate color options. Black and Red
  • 6.25 u space bar

Pricing - USD (Free assemble)
  • Basic kit 1: $99 (including Anodized CNC Aluminum Case, PCB, Aluminum Plate, and necessary tools, screws, etc.)
  • Basic kit 2: $109 (including Anodized CNC Aluminum Case, PCB, and Brass Plate and necessary tools, screws etc.)
  • 65 pcs Cherry MX switch +$26
  • 65 pcs Kailh box +$15
  • 65 pcs Gateron +$12
  • Extra Case: +$50
  • Extra PCB: +$50
  • Extra aluminum plate: +$12
  • Extra brass plate: +20 USD
  • Shipping fee: $35 for all locations, DHL Express
  • Transaction fee included

Timeline
  • GB period: Aug 2019
  • Estimated shipping date: TBD

MOQ: 100 pcs

please check the link if you have an interest. https://forms.gle/k5vH7xjbqYUuQ48dA
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 August 2019, 03:10:45 by entergogo »
www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Offline pixelpusher

Re: [IC] GG60-Pro 60% wireless custom kit - Updated July 14, 2019
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 20:25:19 »
Any photos of the PCB?  Are the switches facing with the logo upside down or right side up?  Can the case accommodate other GH60 compatible PCBs? 
:)

Online entergogo

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 22:20:30 »
Hi, thank you for your questions.

1. Sorry, so far no PCB photos, we just finished the PCB design, our partner is making the PCB sample for us, hopefully, we can get the PCB sample July 31, will keep you updated.
2. The switches facing the logo is upside down, which one do you prefer?
3. Honestly, we haven't tested it on other PCBs, but I think the case is hardly compatible with other 60% PCBs unless the PCBs have the same functions with GG60-Pro.
www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Offline pixelpusher

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 22:36:39 »
Hi, thank you for your questions.

1. Sorry, so far no PCB photos, we just finished the PCB design, our partner is making the PCB sample for us, hopefully, we can get the PCB sample July 31, will keep you updated.
2. The switches facing the logo is upside down, which one do you prefer?
3. Honestly, we haven't tested it on other PCBs, but I think the case is hardly compatible with other 60% PCBs unless the PCBs have the same functions with GG60-Pro.

most people prefer the switches with the logo right-side up.  Upside down switches make contact with Cherry profile keycaps on a few rows.
:)

Online entergogo

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 23:09:20 »
I Got it, thank you very much! I will discuss it with my team.
www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Offline evorus5

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 10:46:12 »
I agree on the keycaps being right side up.
Aside from that, it looks like a nice premium entry board and I'm totally in for this.
This could be my travel board  :)

Online entergogo

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 10:59:28 »
Thank you for your comment!
Please fill in the form if you want to be kept updated. https://forms.gle/k5vH7xjbqYUuQ48dA
www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Offline macinstein

Re: [IC] GG60-Pro 60% Wireless Custom Kit - Renders and Price Updated
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 00:32:38 »
Looking forward to the pcb design as well! I really hope that the pcb is compatible with hhkb layout. Also, will the pcb be hotswap? please be hhkb compatible with not hotswap lol

Online entergogo

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 01:03:48 »
Looking forward to the pcb design as well! I really hope that the pcb is compatible with hhkb layout. Also, will the pcb be hotswap? please be hhkb compatible with not hotswap lol
Thanks for your comment! The PCB will be released around Aug 15. Unfortunately itís not compatible with hhkb layout. The pcb will be hotswap:)

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Offline IvarLJ

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 02:52:21 »
This fills what I consider a big gap in the market: portable, wireless & hotswap mechs. QMK support is the cherry on the top. Good job!

Having said that, 2 (hopefully constructive) criticisms:

- Why settle for Bluetooth 3 which is at least 2-3 generations old? Newer versions have less energy consumption and better/more stable links. Is it a price based decision?

- Less consequential, but at least one more color option would be appreciated. Itís a matter of personal taste, but my vote would go for silver or grey.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online entergogo

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 04:30:11 »
This fills what I consider a big gap in the market: portable, wireless & hotswap mechs. QMK support is the cherry on the top. Good job!

Having said that, 2 (hopefully constructive) criticisms:

- Why settle for Bluetooth 3 which is at least 2-3 generations old? Newer versions have less energy consumption and better/more stable links. Is it a price based decision?

- Less consequential, but at least one more color option would be appreciated. Itís a matter of personal taste, but my vote would go for silver or grey.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your comments! Constructive for sure!
We were told Bluetooth 3.0 is more stable, new version was reported lost connection sometimes, but we will test it on our own, will updated here.

Okay, will consider add one more color option if more people like silver or grey. We will discuss this with our cooperated factory.

Many thanks!

www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Offline ericrosenfield

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 15:08:09 »
Really looking forward to this keyboard. Right now the only 60% hotswap bluetooth board I know of is the GK61S, and itís not that great. Having something with QMK would be a dream.

Any idea when the GB will begin?

Online entergogo

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 17:40:40 »
Really looking forward to this keyboard. Right now the only 60% hotswap bluetooth board I know of is the GK61S, and itís not that great. Having something with QMK would be a dream.

Any idea when the GB will begin?
Thank you for your comments!
We were planning to start the GB around Aug 20 to Sep 10. Will keep updated here when we have the final GB date.

Cheers,
Sean

www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 17:55:07 »
The wireless kit is always welcome,especially on custom keebs.
Wish it stable and respond quickly.

Online entergogo

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 18:19:16 »
The wireless kit is always welcome,especially on custom keebs.
Wish it stable and respond quickly.
Thank you for your comments!
Please fill in a form if you have an interest https://forms.gle/k5vH7xjbqYUuQ48dA. You will be keep updated.

www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Online lush_bunny

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 02:28:39 »
Love everything about this. Itíll be absolutely perfect if I could order along some orange healios but thatís just nitpicking. Will be participating in the GB.

Online entergogo

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 09:32:40 »
Love everything about this. Itíll be absolutely perfect if I could order along some orange healios but thatís just nitpicking. Will be participating in the GB.

Thank you for liking the GG60-Pro, which encourage us to make the product perfect! Please make sure you have filled the form https://forms.gle/k5vH7xjbqYUuQ48dA, you will be kept updated:)
www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Online lush_bunny

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 13:20:47 »

Thank you for liking the GG60-Pro, which encourage us to make the product perfect! Please make sure you have filled the form https://forms.gle/k5vH7xjbqYUuQ48dA, you will be kept updated:)

Any updates on this bad boy? Target GB date perhaps? Iíve got the perfect keycaps for this.  :)

Online entergogo

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 00:49:01 »

Any updates on this bad boy? Target GB date perhaps? Iíve got the perfect keycaps for this.  :)
Hi, GB time is still TBD, maybe the end of Aug 2019, we are hurrying up making the PCB, hopefully, we can release the PCB on Aug 24, then if everything goes smooth after testing, we will start the GB. Thank you for your patient! You will be kept updated as long as we got any progress.

Could you share me your keycaps? exciting to see:) (my email: chao@entergogo.com)
www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo

Online lush_bunny

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 18:23:35 »

Hi, GB time is still TBD, maybe the end of Aug 2019, we are hurrying up making the PCB, hopefully, we can release the PCB on Aug 24, then if everything goes smooth after testing, we will start the GB. Thank you for your patient! You will be kept updated as long as we got any progress.

Could you share me your keycaps? exciting to see:) (my email: chao@entergogo.com)

Thanks for the fast response! Emailed you my options for this board :)

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 20:30:37 »
wow this looks too good to be true, I find the prices of kits to vary greatly, how do you guys get the price so low compared to other kits?

Online entergogo

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 23:28:35 »
wow this looks too good to be true, I find the prices of kits to vary greatly, how do you guys get the price so low compared to other kits?

Thank you for your comments. Very good question!

Basically, we want to make the GG60-Pro a premium custom travel keyboard, of course, we can make it very expensive with complicated design and all trended functions. But we want to make it affordable to all mechanical keyboard enthusiasts. Here are examples of how we control the cost and make it affordable.

We make it a low profile case which is cheaper than a high profile case.
It has no back-lighting(RGB), as we thought the long battery charging circle is more important to a travel keyboard.

Another reason is we hope the GG60-Pro idea can come true, apparently, the low price is more competitive.

www.entergogo.com
Reddit. u/entergogo