Author Topic: [IC] GMK Kitsune - Closed  (Read 19288 times)

Offline Joona

[IC] GMK Kitsune - Closed
« on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:22:56 »
*Update: 12/05/2019

Hello everyone, I apologize for the lack of updates in the past couple of months. I’ve had some roadblocks that I had some difficulty ironing out. I have also been dealing with some personal issues as well.

After giving it a lot of thought, I have decided to discontinue this IC for now and go a different direction with the set. The biggest reason for this is that the colorway I have chosen is much too similar to Kobayashi’s. I do not feel it’s right to proceed as is. (I also think it’d be a challenge to reach MoQ, considering the number of responses and the amount GMK sets that are planned to drop in the upcoming months.) After playing with a few options, I’ve just decided to drop the colorway and do something different with it.

I will share the new version in a different thread in the near future. For now, I am going to close this thread as I am not sure when this will be.

Lastly, I want to thank every single person who has expressed interest and has left feedback for this set. I will be taking everyone’s constructive criticism/feedback into consideration and implementing them wherever applicable in the new version. Again, I apologize to those who have expressed interest and have followed the IC.

Proposed Kits

Base Kit The base kit to cover most layouts with numpad and ISO compatibility.

Alt Mods Kit (Tenko) Inspired by the golden nine-tailed fox Tenko.

Spacebar Kit Included are 1.75u, 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u, 6u (centered), 6u (off-centered), 6.25u, & 7u.

Novelties Kit Coming soon. (5-8 depending on how well the set is received)

Renders

M60-A

Experimental render Preview of 2 novelties (mask, Kanji) and Hiragana sub alphas.

« Last Edit: Fri, 06 December 2019, 00:13:24 by Joona »

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Re: [IC] GMK Kitsune
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:47:29 »
Love the 'about' section and your ideas on the theme for the set though the colours are not for me personally

Would love to see an update with the novelties kit as knowing OneCreativeMind they're going to be great! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:49:34 by Agilr »

Offline TheArcticFox_27

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:48:53 »
Hmmm idk, i love the theme but i'm not really feeling the colors.

Like, you said white and red are the most common colors that are associated with a kitsune, and yet the yellow kinda pops a lot more than the red on the base set and it looks a bit out of place, I feel like it should just be an accent?

Still, it's a really nice theme, and i'm excited to see how it'll look in the end!
| | |

Offline Joona

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 20:04:16 »
Hmmm idk, i love the theme but i'm not really feeling the colors.

Like, you said white and red are the most common colors that are associated with a kitsune, and yet the yellow kinda pops a lot more than the red on the base set and it looks a bit out of place, I feel like it should just be an accent?

Still, it's a really nice theme, and i'm excited to see how it'll look in the end!

Definitely appreciate your feedback :)

Other than the theme, there are two main reasons why I chose yellow legends on the mods. (1) I’ve gotten feedback in the first reddit post that red legends are not very visible on black (I wanted the red to stick with white and thought yellow would look best against a black bg. it's just the direction I decided to go after I dropped black bg/red legend alphas) and (2) I didn’t want this to be another red, black, and white set as there are a good number of them there like Metaverse and LedZep.

But I will definitely take all feedback into serious consideration for the next round. Thanks!

Offline psxndc

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 20:12:17 »
This needs - NEEDS - a Babymetal novelty key.
Ortho. Always.

Offline VirtueSeven

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 20:29:51 »
This needs a Senko novelty key.

Offline jsfklee524

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 20:33:49 »

Experimental render Preview of 2 novelties (mask, Kanji) and Hiragana sub alphas.

This combination looks sick. Definitely interested.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 20:55:56 »
I think I'd grab a kit if you include the Hirigana sub alphas. Recently I've been wanting a GMK kit with those.

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:24:09 »
I really like the colors on this, definitely following closely.

Offline Helpingly

• Hiya! I'm Helpingly
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:29:01 »
Cool name, cool theme; but the colors don't really work well together in my opinion.

I think it's the yellow, it stands out way too much.

Offline BahaMech

• Contact Me on Discord - dionsalekian#8349
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:41:01 »
looks nice, but i think that the red on white alphas stand out too much

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:50:25 »
I'm getting flashback to the now-legendary Skull Squadron set.
Obviously the 2 sets are different enough, but still, very similar colorway.
Not a bad thing though. There's a reason Skull Squadron is legendary: It's long gone.

« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:52:19 by nguyenhimself »

Offline infinitykw

• Amazed by the beauty of industrial design
    • zFrontier Profile
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 22:07:57 »
This is def one of the good colorways I would follow, and the Novelties are awesome!!! As a Chinese, can’t  say more good things that you used this font for the fox letter.   I’m looking forward to any development of this set!

Offline psxndc

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 22:38:06 »
I'll say that I'm not a fan of the yellow. Black white and red is all you need.
Ortho. Always.

Offline zakatak

• no cash
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 23:26:06 »
Can we have mods with red as the icon colors

Offline Joona

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 23:47:15 »
I'll say that I'm not a fan of the yellow. Black white and red is all you need.

It seems quite a few are split on the yellow in the base kit. I really wanted to add another color in the base as I didn’t want this to be another red, white, and black set. However, I’ll definitely consider an adjustment of the mods (a different/darker shade of yellow or yellow in as the accent etc.) once I get enough feedback :)

Can we have mods with red as the icon colors

I've been told that red on black may not be as visible, but I will consider changes to kit after collecting some feedback from the community.

I think I'd grab a kit if you include the Hirigana sub alphas. Recently I've been wanting a GMK kit with those.

I am willing to put Hiragana subs in the main kit if there is demand for it! Will be watching the Google form closely to see what people want.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 00:15:03 »
I like it.  I feel like the yellow mods don't fit.  I'd get a base kit though (provided it remains latin legends).
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline sickbabies

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 07:49:35 »
Reminds me of DSA Inu and SA Kobayashi. Looking good though

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 08:04:45 »
Those gold mods are pretty nice, I might pick that up alone.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 10:56:12 »
I put this is the IC form, but any possibility of a Colevrak kit?
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 October 2019, 11:24:45 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline trashcandrummer

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 14:42:53 »
Instant buy if NorDe kit gets added. Really love the colors!

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 14:59:42 »
I LOVE these colors! :p Probably can't join since no Ergodox set. I really wish I could find an Ergo board that uses a standard TKL or 65% keyset. Hate missing these really awesome color sets.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 16:56:44 »
Probably can't join since no Ergodox set. I really wish I could find an Ergo board that uses a standard TKL or 65% keyset.

Not an ergodox, but the ogre ergo IC may be up your alley. The point is to have an ergo keyboard that uses standard keysets.
Ortho. Always.

Offline belgium_waffles

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 17:47:45 »
Looks great. I think having the hiragana subs in the base kit would be better rather than having it as a separate kit.

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 17:50:44 »
Probably can't join since no Ergodox set. I really wish I could find an Ergo board that uses a standard TKL or 65% keyset.

Not an ergodox, but the ogre ergo IC may be up your alley. The point is to have an ergo keyboard that uses standard keysets.

Oh wow! That is definitely one I'd like to try. And I can snap it in half. If it makes it to GB I'm there. Great find! Thanks muchly!!

Offline Joona

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 01:34:19 »
Instant buy if NorDe kit gets added. Really love the colors!

I LOVE these colors! :p Probably can't join since no Ergodox set. I really wish I could find an Ergo board that uses a standard TKL or 65% keyset. Hate missing these really awesome color sets.

I put this is the IC form, but any possibility of a Colevrak kit?

For sure would like to include NorDe, Ergo, or Colevrak if there is enough interest for them! I will keep a close eye on the form in the coming weeks :) Thanks for the suggestions.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 09:26:47 »

For sure would like to include NorDe, Ergo, or Colevrak if there is enough interest for them! I will keep a close eye on the form in the coming weeks :) Thanks for the suggestions.

If you 're going to consider NorDe, at least first ensure you have proper support for English (UK) over ISO — right now, you got "Atlantis ISO" instead in the base kit, while the remaining UK-specific keys are nowhere to be seen. :thumb:

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 19:04:19 »
the red characters look a little out of place in my opinion, love the yellow mods  :eek:

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 19:32:58 »
I'd probably buy the yellow mod set to extend other sets (like Bento kobe to make knockoff Serika) assuming it is reasonably affordable.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 21:25:10 »
In for Tenko yellow mods.

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 20:22:37 »
This looks great but if R2 of GMK Metaverse comes by anytime soon, I don't think I'll have a reason to get this. Decisions, decisions...

Offline Joona

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 04:13:42 »
This looks great but if R2 of GMK Metaverse comes by anytime soon, I don't think I'll have a reason to get this. Decisions, decisions...

I have also been waiting for Metaverse myself and I understand what you mean. There is some overlap between the two sets but I do hope that the novelties and the finalized kits will offer something unique in the end. At least that is what I am working towards. :)

If you 're going to consider NorDe, at least first ensure you have proper support for English (UK) over ISO — right now, you got "Atlantis ISO" instead in the base kit, while the remaining UK-specific keys are nowhere to be seen. :thumb:

Oh hey, the famous “Atlantis” ISO guy! ;)

I admit that because this is my first IC, I’ve tried to keep the most common compatibility from GBs I’ve entered and from other sets I’ve seen. I wanted to start with this and then see where the demand takes me as there is no reason why I can’t rearrange my base kit and/or include a separate extension kit of sorts. I haven’t received much feedback on ISO though, so I may be switching up to offer full US ISO in the base kit. Thank you for the suggestion and please stay tuned! 

Offline Knoxx

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 09:08:58 »
I have also been waiting for Metaverse myself and I understand what you mean. There is some overlap between the two sets but I do hope that the novelties and the finalized kits will offer something unique in the end. At least that is what I am working towards. :)

Looking forward to see what's in store then. Good luck!

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 12:47:02 »

Oh hey, the famous “Atlantis” ISO guy! ;)

Hmmm... not the infamous “Atlantis” ISO guy... GREAT! ;D

I admit that because this is my first IC, I’ve tried to keep the most common compatibility from GBs I’ve entered and from other sets I’ve seen. I wanted to start with this and then see where the demand takes me as there is no reason why I can’t rearrange my base kit and/or include a separate extension kit of sorts. I haven’t received much feedback on ISO though, so I may be switching up to offer full US ISO in the base kit. Thank you for the suggestion and please stay tuned! 

Excellent. I'll be happy to help you stamp out errors if need be. :thumb:

Offline megaforce

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 12:53:44 »
Please consider CP or L9 for the base alpha keycap colour.

WS1 Is the Hep C of gmk keysets.
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Willhurt2008

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 22:06:09 »
I love base set, not a fan of yellow mods. Would strip them if that makes base cheaper.

Offline Joona

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 22:31:43 »

Thanks for the suggestion. Can I ask why I should be avoiding WS1? Any specific cases or previously dropped sets I can look into for this?

I love base set, not a fan of yellow mods. Would strip them if that makes base cheaper.

Do you mean the Tenko alt mods or the yellow legends in the mods in the base kit?

Offline NeroGrave

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 01:08:35 »
Looks good, im in for this.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 14:54:29 »
WS1 is wayyy to bright, better balance and transition between the black mods and white alphas for CP or L9. Also alot easier on the eyes  Look at GMK Olivia for example.
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Knoxx

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 21:38:35 »

Thanks for the suggestion. Can I ask why I should be avoiding WS1? Any specific cases or previously dropped sets I can look into for this?

I believe GMK metaverse uses WS1 as well and received quite a bit of feedback against it. Dead Encryption still used it nonetheless.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 22:37:07 »

I believe GMK metaverse uses WS1 as well and received quite a bit of feedback against it. Dead Encryption still used it nonetheless.

Nothing wrong with using WS1, it's just that I think some people are tired of people using WS1 for literally every single white alpha set. CP is slightly darker and warmer and is really nice to compliment a lot of sets (as seen on Olivia).
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2019, 22:39:31 by Agilr »

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 01:08:47 »
I'm digging this Tenko kit :D

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 08:42:18 »
Is this yellow same as GMK Nautilus yellow?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Senor Coconut

• FR (ISO or not)
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 09:02:01 »
Instant buy if FR Kit added (like many other french users, actually)
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 October 2019, 09:03:41 by Senor Coconut »

Offline Zhu96

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 21:52:51 »
definitely in, when will the GB starts? Any discord channel for this? Don't want to miss it.

Offline alvinpaul

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 01:46:48 »
Instabuy 😊

Offline kkakihat

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 05:39:09 »
mad gundam vibes from this

Offline mimalik

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 09:00:39 »
Plz split numpad kit. Will be all over it for Tenko + numpad + hiragana kit. Or perhaps there can be a separate full set of this combo as it may be cheaper.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 10:56:57 »

Do you mean the Tenko alt mods or the yellow legends in the mods in the base kit?

Is this yellow same as GMK Nautilus yellow?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline MrBIGEURO

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 11:12:23 »
mad gundam vibes from this

I'm seeing more of a Skull Squadron from Macross/Robotech vibe.