Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20313823 times)

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #22350 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 12:53:23 »
Thanks man my globe blue cc is in the mail for the esc key, Then it my alu case from pexons gb and my alu plate, Then she will be completed haha :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #22351 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 12:58:38 »
Thanks man my globe blue cc is in the mail for the esc key, Then it my alu case from pexons gb and my alu plate, Then she will be completed haha :)

Oh yeah that sounds wonderful!! She will be beautiful sir!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #22352 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:01:24 »

Excellent choices indeed.  Looks like it'll end up slightly similar to my Poker.  ;)   Needless to say, I approve.    :))

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #22353 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:02:00 »

Thanks bro

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #22354 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:14:08 »
I got summer v2 bros and my granite order today.  I will post pictures later this evening...

I hate importing stuff that has a commercial invoice.  I always get screwed...

SP put the value on as they usually do.  When they were processed, they were processed with a HIGHER value than what SP put on the package.  WTF???

I ended up paying $25 in customs charges for $85 in caps.  I swear they have it out for me.  The ALWAYS charge me customs and now they are even increasing the value of the items at the border and charging me customs based on a higher value. 

I think they are converting the USD value put on the box to a CAD value and charging my customs on that.  But instead of taking the current exchange rate of $1 USD = $1.067 CAD, they are making up their own exchange rate and saying that $1 USD = $1.11 CAD.  They are so ****ing crooked...

Offline divito

« Reply #22355 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:30:10 »
I haven't been hit by customs in forever in Ontario. I've ordered maybe 25? items in the last few months (some caps, and keyboards included), and have never had to pay anything. I must be getting really lucky.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #22356 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 14:02:57 »
I got summer v2 bros and my granite order today.  I will post pictures later this evening...

SP put the value on as they usually do.  When they were processed, they were processed with a HIGHER value than what SP put on the package.  WTF???

I ended up paying $25 in customs charges for $85 in caps.  I swear they have it out for me.  The ALWAYS charge me customs and now they are even increasing the value of the items at the border and charging me customs based on a higher value. 

I think they are converting the USD value put on the box to a CAD value and charging my customs on that.  But instead of taking the current exchange rate of $1 USD = $1.067 CAD, they are making up their own exchange rate and saying that $1 USD = $1.11 CAD.  They are so ****ing crooked...

OMG you must be pissed. I only got hit once. It hurts...
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline mil0ck

« Reply #22357 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:13:45 »

Ouch, sounds ridiculously unfortunate. I didn't even get hit with customs on importing my Type-S lol
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S  |
More
6Gv2 (MX Black)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #22358 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:29:17 »
Got some green LEDs for a customer's GON and a delivery notice, probably for a Poker 2 :(
I love Elzy

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #22359 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:36:41 »

HEU HEU HEU HEU HEU

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #22360 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:37:25 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

HEU HEU HEU HEU HEU

heuheuheuhueheu

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #22361 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:39:11 »
HEU HEU HEU HEU HEU

hue hue hue hue

that green sys req tho

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #22362 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:43:08 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

HEU HEU HEU HEU HEU
is that a profile?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #22363 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:03:56 »

Ouch, sounds ridiculously unfortunate. I didn't even get hit with customs on importing my Type-S lol

Ya. I get hit every time something has a commercial invoice on the box. It is basically not worth it for me to buy stuff from SP and MK because I always get nailed.

If the contents and value are just put on the shipping label I never get hit. GBs are the way to go for me.

I bought like $300 of stuff from sprit without getting hit cause he just put the value on the label and did not send a commercial invoice.

Oh well. I have learned at this point. I won't be buying anymore of SP's caps with their new system.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #22364 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:07:34 »
That's nothing. I once ordered a €40 2nd hand lens and was hit with €25 in taxes. €13 of that was "inspection costs". Basically, if they feel they need to inspect your package and they are right you get a handling charge on top of the import taxes.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #22365 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:30:08 »

Ya. I get hit every time something has a commercial invoice on the box. It is basically not worth it for me to buy stuff from SP and MK because I always get nailed.

If the contents and value are just put on the shipping label I never get hit. GBs are the way to go for me.

I bought like $300 of stuff from sprit without getting hit cause he just put the value on the label and did not send a commercial invoice.

Oh well. I have learned at this point. I won't be buying anymore of SP's caps with their new system.

If it would help, I'd be more than happy to proxy SP GBs for you.  It should only add ~5, maybe 10, dollars to the shipping costs, and you wouldn't get hit with those customs fees.  Feel free to PM me if you want to consider it.   :thumb:

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #22366 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:43:45 »
That's nothing. I once ordered a €40 2nd hand lens and was hit with €25 in taxes. €13 of that was "inspection costs". Basically, if they feel they need to inspect your package and they are right you get a handling charge on top of the import taxes.

Ya, I got hit with the same when I bought camera equipment on Ebay.  I ended up paying the cost of the lens in fees.  I was very upset about that one...

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #22367 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:44:03 »

If it would help, I'd be more than happy to proxy SP GBs for you.  It should only add ~5, maybe 10, dollars to the shipping costs, and you wouldn't get hit with those customs fees.  Feel free to PM me if you want to consider it.   :thumb:

Thanks, I may take you up on that.  :)

Offline docwlad

« Reply #22368 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:10:23 »
Got a Leopold FC660C with dye sublimated keycaps! Enjoying the board so far, but the switches are very different from the cherry blues I'm used to. Plus it's my first experience with a tenkeyless board. It's so tiny next to my Das Keyboard.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22369 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:12:51 »
Got a Leopold FC660C with dye sublimated keycaps! Enjoying the board so far, but the switches are very different from the cherry blues I'm used to. Plus it's my first experience with a tenkeyless board. It's so tiny next to my Das Keyboard.

Show Image

Topre switches can take a while to get used to - please give yourself a few days or a couple of weeks, if you can, to get accustomed to them.

FC660C is a great keyboard!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #22370 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:14:10 »

Show Image

Very nice board there sir!

Offline docwlad

« Reply #22371 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:32:22 »
Topre switches can take a while to get used to - please give yourself a few days or a couple of weeks, if you can, to get accustomed to them.

Thanks! The build quality's great, and they keycaps are pretty awesome. And I'll definitely reserve judgement for a week or two. I knew going into it that it was going to be a big change, and might take a few days to grow on me.

Pic to demonstrate how awesomely compact it is. I suddenly have so much more room on my desk.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22372 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:36:07 »
Space on the desk LOL I sometimes alternate between Model M and HHKB at home - that is an even bigger difference than the DAS :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #22373 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:33:12 »

Got this new phone :D

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #22374 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:39:44 »

Show Image

Hey man what happened to the other one? :))

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #22375 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:42:43 »

Show Image

I think it's out for a swim, mejt...
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #22376 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:43:36 »

I think it's out for a swim, mejt...

The Atlantic ate it

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #22377 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:43:50 »
Show Image

Charge it, you fool!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #22378 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:58:28 »
Charge it, you fool!

it's charging it's charging!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #22379 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 20:17:05 »

Show Image

+1, my experience exactly.

The 660 layout is what made me stick with it. Currently the best layout of all my boards.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #22380 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 20:20:21 »

Thanks! The build quality's great, and they keycaps are pretty awesome. And I'll definitely reserve judgement for a week or two. I knew going into it that it was going to be a big change, and might take a few days to grow on me.

Pic to demonstrate how awesomely compact it is. I suddenly have so much more room on my desk.
Show Image

Ya, thats an epic board. The one thing I would change on my 660C is the keycaps. They did that with this version which makes it that much better.

Is there any other keyboards that ship with stock thick pbt dye subs? I can't think of one.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 July 2014, 20:22:09 by swill »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #22381 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 20:45:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

HEU HEU HEU HEU HEU

Yoooooooo. Nice get, son. Nice get.

Show Image

TSk tsk tsk.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22382 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 21:17:44 »
A weeks worth of mail and stuff.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #22383 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 01:45:41 »
A weeks worth of mail and stuff.

What you been up to?

Offline tbc

« Reply #22384 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 04:04:00 »
Is there any other keyboards that ship with stock thick pbt dye subs? I can't think of one.

ducky premier?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #22385 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 07:38:46 »

ducky premier?

and the 750r
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #22386 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 08:16:25 »
Got this earlier. Thanks tinnie :-*

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #22387 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 08:30:09 »
**** just got real - IBM 41G3601

'I beat bro caps everytime.'

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #22388 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 08:33:40 »

Show Image

I love that a brass sponge is a permanent fixture on you desk.  Mine has as well. :)

Offline JPG

« Reply #22389 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 08:46:20 »

Show Image

I look at this and keep telling myself: Time to build a model F tkl like this. Then I look at my wallet and start crying.

Very nice grab man!

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #22390 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 08:49:14 »

Show Image

I look at this and keep telling myself: Time to build a model F tkl like this. Then I look at my wallet and start crying.

Very nice grab man!

What if I tell you that I paid 80 USD for this? :p

Offline JPG

« Reply #22391 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 08:52:40 »

Show Image

Very nice grab man!

I tell you that you have a lot of skill man. It must feel even sweeter to you having paid that price!

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #22392 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 08:52:58 »

Show Image

Very nice grab man!

Then I would be willing to give you a 100$ for it. That's a 20$ profit for you right there!

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #22393 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 09:05:06 »

Show Image

This is beautiful! Are you planning to sell?

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #22394 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 09:09:33 »

Show Image

Very nice grab man!

Then I would be willing to give you a 100$ for it. That's a 20$ profit for you right there!
Nah. I think that's bad to take profit. Instead, I will give it to you for *free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
*Terms and conditions apply
Shipping and handling is 1350 USD

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #22395 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 09:11:09 »

Show Image

This is beautiful! Are you planning to sell?

No. Since it is ISO.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22396 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 09:11:28 »

Show Image

Very nice grab man!

Nah. I think that's bad to take profit. Instead, I will give it to you for *free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
*Terms and conditions apply
Shipping and handling is 1350 USD

lol

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #22397 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 10:14:30 »

Show Image

heuhueheu

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #22398 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 10:41:35 »
Got this earlier.
Show Image

Best numpad in the game

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22399 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 12:16:21 »

Show Image