Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20294093 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #30550 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 13:25:27 »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #30551 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 13:31:41 »
Show Image

This came in today.
Uhhhh so awesome....
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
I love Elzy

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #30553 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 14:47:17 »
Thanks everyone. I consider myself beyond fortunate to have found this set.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #30554 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 17:49:19 »
Soldering stuff is rollling in now!!!

This Zeal cable is beautiful and the springs are ballin!!!

{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #30555 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 18:53:52 »
QNIX QX2710. No dead pixels, scratches, or backlight bleed without having to buy the pixel perfect one  :cool:

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #30556 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 19:30:47 »
QNIX QX2710. No dead pixels, scratches, or backlight bleed without having to buy the pixel perfect one  :cool:
Nice one!!! I've had mine (xstar version) for two years and it's still kicking!!!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30557 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 19:59:48 »
Nice! Bought the perfect one but had a huge backlight bleed, sold it since I couldn't stand the bleed and the plastic feel
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #30558 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:03:53 »

The Galaxy set is incredibly beautiful in real life.

Offline shawn24

« Reply #30559 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:11:42 »

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #30560 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:42:46 »
Nice one!!! I've had mine (xstar version) for two years and it's still kicking!!!

Thats awesome to hear :)

Nice! Bought the perfect one but had a huge backlight bleed, sold it since I couldn't stand the bleed and the plastic feel

Sorry to hear that  :( I guess I was one of the lucky ones

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #30561 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:59:21 »
There needs to be a "What did you think you were going to get in the mail today, but you didn't". A package that looked like a keyboard was on the porch this morning, but it was just some clothes. :<

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #30562 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:16:24 »
There needs to be a "What did you think you were going to get in the mail today, but you didn't". A package that looked like a keyboard was on the porch this morning, but it was just some clothes. :<

What keyboard are you awaiting?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #30563 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:16:55 »

Real force tkl

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #30564 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:22:56 »

Real force tkl
Very nice, I'd be pretty restless for that package as well :D

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #30565 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:51:57 »

"What's in the box?"

"Shattered dreams and crushed spirits."

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #30566 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:54:56 »

"What's in the box?"

"Shattered dreams and crushed spirits."
Pretty much how I felt when I picked it up and looked at the label.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #30567 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:58:02 »

Real force tkl
Which color you go with???

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #30568 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:00:20 »

This keyboard is really pink now. JD40 with a Cerakote "Prison Pink" coated backplate.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #30569 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:00:22 »

Real force tkl
Which color you go with???
Black, since my HHKB is grey and white, i wanted to switch it up, and the RF W/G has bad looking legends that are covered by the black on black board.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #30570 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:10:16 »
Show Image

This keyboard is really pink now. JD40 with a Cerakote "Prison Pink" coated backplate.

Swag, it'll look great next to my GON when I get the parts. Pink is an awesome color the shirt I'm wearing today is actually pink.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #30571 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:10:45 »
Oohhhh you guys are posting some very exciting stuffs  :D
I should have something to contribute to this thread soon, right before I officially go on spring break  :thumb:
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #30572 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:21:10 »
Not today but rather yesterday~

I rushed these photos yesterday because I was short on time (had to leave out of town), but I stayed late enough until my packages arrived!

Package 1: RGBY Juicy V2's + Skittles + FN from Bro Caps ~ <3

What a beautiful site to behold. I love you, Bromius <3

Those Skittles... I'm going to have to buy some more tomorrow... GG NO RE. R.I.P., diet.

More here:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49563.msg1691281#msg1691281

Package 2: SURPRISE package from jonathanyu ~ <333

I had asked jonathanyu about plate stabilizers but then got some responses in my classifieds (I love you forever, bunnybunbun <333), but then jonathanyu PM'd me back after I had already acquired some, which I missed :( HOWEVER, jonathanyu being a supreme broski that he is, sent me this package today anyway!!! It was a total surprise package for me, and when I saw his name on it, I knew immediately what it was and it brought a huge smile across my face. I will be installing these into my Filco with an universal plate!

It contained some stabilizers, extra novelty caps (I <3 RGB), and he used granola bars as filler for the box!!! Now that's genius~ Not only did he wrap them in paper towels for a surprise element, but they are soft and EDIBLE, making them PERFECT box fillers~<3

For those that have received packages from jonathanyu before know, but his triple wrapped and sealed ziplock method is A+++ prestige stuff <3

Surprise items!!!

Yesss~ I love granola bars. Also genius idea for stuffing a box!

RGB is love <3

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #30573 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:25:44 »
Show Image

More here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66627.msg1691223#msg1691223

Damn, that looks really good on there. You and your obsession for blue things! You truly are the blue king.

Soldering stuff is rollling in now!!!

This Zeal cable is beautiful and the springs are ballin!!!

Show Image

Show Image

Seriously awesome haul. I look forward to seeing what you bring to the table with that soldering iron... I just hope you don't making more jealous than you already have... *sigh*

Show Image

The Galaxy set is incredibly beautiful in real life.

I like those colors. Really is quite a unique set. Grows on you the more you look at it, actually...

Show Image

Dayuuum. Pink Cerakote?! LOL! Looking great, and tough coat too!

Show Image

You're fingers are not forever set. Just needs a dab of lube, and maybe 55g cup rubbers in there, and you won't need anything else.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #30574 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:26:20 »

I rushed these photos yesterday because I was short on time (had to leave out of town), but I stayed late enough until my packages arrived!

Show Image

Those Skittles... I'm going to have to buy some more tomorrow... GG NO RE. R.I.P., diet.
Show Image

I had asked jonathanyu about plate stabilizers but then got some responses in my classifieds (I love you forever, bunnybunbun <333), but then jonathanyu PM'd me back after I had already acquired some, which I missed :( HOWEVER, jonathanyu being a supreme broski that he is, sent me this package today anyway!!! It was a total surprise package for me, and when I saw his name on it, I knew immediately what it was and it brought a huge smile across my face. I will be installing these into my Filco with an universal plate!

It contained some stabilizers, extra novelty caps (I <3 RGB), and he used granola bars as filler for the box!!! Now that's genius~ Not only did he wrap them in paper towels for a surprise element, but they are soft and EDIBLE, making them PERFECT box fillers~<3

For those that have received packages from jonathanyu before know, but his triple wrapped and sealed ziplock method is A+++ prestige stuff <3
Show Image

Surprise items!!!
Show Image

Show Image

RGB is love <3
Show Image

Ballinnnnn. So much rgby goodness. noooice! :O

Show Image

whoaaaa 2sweg4me.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30575 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 00:50:41 »

Did you receive my address?
I assume those RGBY brobots would replace the RGBY on your filco, and I can take over the replaced caps?:D :D :D :D

<3

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #30576 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 02:05:46 »
The other day technically but BSP Classic Beige Red set.. now to work on getting a matching bottom row till I get a Winkeyless keyboard, making due with my Vortex Red/white keys for now :-[
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #30577 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 04:36:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Surprise items!!!
Show Image

Show Image

RGB is love <3
Show Image

Excellent acquisitions.

Very congratulation :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #30578 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 05:16:44 »
Got some mail from Sifo, thanks Sifo.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #30579 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 07:33:54 »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #30580 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:12:28 »
Show Image

oh come on how much more nice stuff is there even left for you to get? :))
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #30581 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:27:59 »
I received snacks from Indonesia and a red GMK Esc!  Thanks Hendy! :thumb:

95129-0

#NomNomNom

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #30582 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:31:46 »
I received snacks from Indonesia and a red GMK Esc!  Thanks Hendy! :thumb:

(Attachment Link)

#NomNomNom

NomNom
Yummy
Snacks time

Enjoyy the noodles :p :thumb: :thumb:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #30583 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:34:10 »
Show Image

I never knew I needed a pink board until I saw this

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #30584 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:35:19 »
Got some mail from Sifo, thanks Sifo.
Show Image

That actually made me laugh  :))
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #30585 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:23:03 »
What's the deal with snack food on GeekHack?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #30586 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 09:24:54 »
Show Image

I never knew I needed a pink board until I saw this

Show Image

Dayuuum. Pink Cerakote?! LOL! Looking great, and tough coat too!

Show Image

whoaaaa 2sweg4me.

Hehe, thanks for the kind words :). Just FYI guys, I bought the plate from mkawa. It's from his test runs of the Smallfry Titanium plates that he had done in Cerakote. I never heard of Cerakote until now but I'm really into the finish and the color.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #30587 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:03:52 »

We like snacks.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #30588 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:07:04 »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #30589 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:13:29 »

My boards:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #30590 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:15:18 »

We like snacks.

Show Image

;D  I'm not sure how to answer this better.  :P

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #30591 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:21:36 »
This actually came to mind when I read that Q&A.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30592 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:32:32 »
Quick ****ty phone pic since i won't have time till the weekend to take pics!

My adorable AXOL and blank from the giveaway!

Thanks so much Katzin!!!!!!!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline osi

« Reply #30593 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 10:43:24 »
TOXIC IS HERE!!!

95136-0

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #30594 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:51:17 »

Welcome to SnackHack! :thumb:

== == == == ==

We like snacks.

Indeed we do.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30595 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 12:30:09 »
Yag Dur cap came in from Nubbinator :D

and two freebies

one eye Dolly in BS (i'll be doing a giveaway for this one)

and a Topre blank

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #30596 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 13:32:02 »
Show Image

and two freebies

Show Image

and a Topre blank
Show Image

The colors!  Love it.  :D

That fn is beautiful.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #30597 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 13:33:26 »
I got some blank black HHKB caps today, from Rakuten. Took a week, I was very surprised.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30598 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 13:38:15 »
and two freebies

Show Image

The dollies really grow on me
love the colors combination

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #30599 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 13:43:13 »
TOXIC IS HERE!!!

(Attachment Link)

I've got such a huge problem with this set... it looks ****ing brilliant but... MIAMI