Author Topic: Post your Poker!  (Read 1030695 times)

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
Re: Post your Poker!
« Reply #2800 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 09:55:54 »
Yes, because AZERTY is more efficient than QWERTY for coding! That was my surprising discovery when I considered switching to QWERTY. That would have been a mistake.

#azerty4coding

I was searching for a thread of yours about Pure Pro silencing and red this.
That's really interesting, could you give more details about this?

OK, this is going to be off-topic, so let's keep it short.

I have done statistics using a large project of mine, a program written in C. I have used the source code of this project as a reference and counted every occurrence of every character.

I have then evaluated the efficiency of QWERTY and AZERTY, assuming that I have to type all this code again.

What I evaluate is the number of characters you can type in a row, in average, before you have to use a modifier (Shift or AltGr) to enter the next character.

On a full size QWERTY keyboard, you can type 13.5 characters in average before you need to use a modifier (it's always Shift).

On a full size AZERTY, you can type 28.1 characters in average, and then you have to use Shift or AltGr for the next character.

When you analyze the results, you can see that what is killing the performance of the QWERTY keyboard is the need to use Shift in order to type frequent characters like the parenthesis and the star.

NOTE: these are stats for a full size keyboard. For a TKL keyboard, AZERTY and QWERTY are almost equal in efficiency (or inefficiency). The loss in performance is mainly because you now need to use Shift to type "/", "0" and "1" on AZERTY. I did the stats because I was seriously considering switching to QWERTY. But as you can see, I would not have gained anything by doing so.

NOTE2: the results are flawed because I did not take into account the need to use Shift to enter capital letters. The penalty is the same whatever layout you use, so all it does is reduce the difference in efficiency between QWERTY and AZERTY. Even taking this into account, I still don't have anything to gain by switching to QWERTY.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2801 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 10:07:10 »
Yes, because AZERTY is more efficient than QWERTY for coding! That was my surprising discovery when I considered switching to QWERTY. That would have been a mistake.

#azerty4coding

I have done statistics using a large project of mine, a program written in C. I have used the source code of this project as a reference and counted every occurrence of every character.

I have then evaluated the efficiency of QWERTY and AZERTY, assuming that I have to type all this code again.

What I evaluate is the number of characters you can type in a row, in average, before you have to use a modifier (Shift or AltGr) to enter the next character.

On a full size QWERTY keyboard, you can type 13.5 characters in average before you need to use a modifier (it's always Shift).

On a full size AZERTY, you can type 28.1 characters in average, and then you have to use Shift or AltGr for the next character.

When you analyze the results, you can see that what is killing the performance of the QWERTY keyboard is the need to use Shift in order to type frequent characters like the parenthesis and the star.

NOTE: these are stats for a full size keyboard. For a TKL keyboard, AZERTY and QWERTY are almost equal in efficiency (or inefficiency). The loss in performance is mainly because you now need to use Shift to type "/", "0" and "1" on AZERTY. I did the stats because I was seriously considering switching to QWERTY. But as you can see, I would not have gained anything by doing so.

NOTE2: the results are flawed because I did not take into account the need to use Shift to enter capital letters. The penalty is the same whatever layout you use, so all it does is reduce the difference in efficiency between QWERTY and AZERTY. Even taking this into account, I still don't have anything to gain by switching to QWERTY.
Interesting analysis!

Have you considered alternative layouts like Programmer Dvorak, which are meant for this purpose?

Offline MessyCaps

• Stressed out cap maker taking a break :S
« Reply #2802 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 10:27:13 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love the deep space with the Binges key, it works so well! :)

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #2803 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 10:30:05 »

#azerty4coding

Interesting analysis!

Have you considered alternative layouts like Programmer Dvorak, which are meant for this purpose?

No, because this would be a huge performance hit for me before I start to be comfortable with the layout, because I would have to endure a different layout every time I sit in front of a friend's computer, and because I'm not really sure about the benefits.

What I'm doing instead is to work on moving some characters on the AZERTY layout to make it more efficient for me. I move almost all the characters accessible by the AltGr key to better locations, and I also make a better use of some characters that are standard on AZERTY and that are seldom used, like "µ", "square of", "§", and so on...

I don't move the letters because I have muscle memory for so many words, and I'm really not sure it would improve my efficiency and comfort in any way. No Dvorak, Colemak or whatever for me.

Offline Tigermelon

« Reply #2804 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 13:24:41 »
98264-0

My dirty poker 2! Finally decided to get the tex case about 2 weeks ago. Starring keythulu.

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #2805 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 00:06:08 »
(Attachment Link)

My dirty poker 2! Finally decided to get the tex case about 2 weeks ago. Starring keythulu.
That's nice, raindrops' always cool. :cool: White case would match better to caps. Paint it?

Offline Tigermelon

« Reply #2806 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 01:57:30 »
(Attachment Link)

That's nice, raindrops' always cool. :cool: White case would match better to caps. Paint it?

Actually never tried painting aluminum, prob not in the foreseeable future! Might play with plastidip though.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2807 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 05:59:01 »
[quote êauthor=Tigermelon link=topic=35152.msg1726107#msg1726107 date=1429813481]
(Attachment Link)

Actually never tried painting aluminum, prob not in the foreseeable future! Might play with plastidip though.
[/quote]most people that play with plastidip seem to regret it IMO. Maybe im wrong but it never seems to come out perfect and peels in places. YMMV  but I like the color of your tex case!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2808 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:54:51 »
justpokerthings   ;D

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2809 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 13:14:45 »
justpokerthings   ;D

Show Image

beehatch that's quite a beautiful board there. I love Cyrillic and I love CMYW and the keyNG just tops it off! :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline mecano

« Reply #2810 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 10:23:39 »

Thanks  ;)

Offline kohi

« Reply #2811 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 22:21:55 »

potato pic of my poker 2, need to grab a keyset for it soon ;D

Offline Roibhilin

• Saver of Humens
« Reply #2812 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 00:43:06 »
Show Image

potato pic of my poker 2, need to grab a keyset for it soon ;D
is it too late to get the top layer things for the Sprit cases?

QFR | Poker II | Quickfire TK

Offline kohi

« Reply #2813 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 00:52:53 »
is it too late to get the top layer things for the Sprit cases?

I guess you could ask to see if he could make an additional 5mm top layer for you, but he's busy getting out other orders right now... so best bet would to just send him a PM

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #2814 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 04:12:07 »
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2815 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 04:28:46 »
Show Image

i can't see the eyes on that Bro is that an (Ashen v2) dude Dustin is going to love that board haha not to mention me this is probably one of the sexiest HHKBs ive seen yet.....looking 10/10 punks  :thumb:
 Edit: also it seems to be in the wrong thread  :))
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 April 2015, 04:36:45 by Sed8op8 »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2816 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 04:29:25 »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #2817 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 10:26:41 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2818 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 11:27:08 »

Offline MessyCaps

« Reply #2819 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 11:15:35 »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2820 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 17:10:40 »
Show Image

Huehue that olivetti set goes really well with the Tex blue case. Is it a keyset from Ivan's R4?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #2821 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 17:22:23 »
Show Image

Huehue that olivetti set goes really well with the Tex blue case. Is it a keyset from Ivan's R4?

sorry to interject; don't think it is. legends don't look cherry (helvetica standard rather than helvetica rounded). they look like something widebasket would sell.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2822 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 18:29:19 »
Show Image

sorry to interject; don't think it is. legends don't look cherry (helvetica standard rather than helvetica rounded). they look like something widebasket would sell.
This is Tai-Hao Olivetti.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2823 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 01:59:34 »
Show Image

I didn't notice the legends font but the theme is still inspired from Olivetti. Thanks for noticing about the font ;)

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #2824 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 02:20:44 »
Show Image

I didn't notice the legends font but the theme is still inspired from Olivetti. Thanks for noticing about the font ;)
Oh its definitely Olivetti themed. I was referring to the fact it was not from Ivan's round 4, which has cherry legends.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2825 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 02:28:41 »
Show Image

Oh its definitely Olivetti themed. I was referring to the fact it was not from Ivan's round 4, which has cherry legends.

Oh ok. I forgot that I asked the question at the end of my post! haha. Thanks for clearing that out. ;)

Offline MessyCaps

« Reply #2826 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 08:01:12 »
Show Image

I am actually in the group buy for that, just gotta wait for them to finish up and deliver. Then I can upgrade ABS to PBT :D

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #2827 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 18:46:23 »
Decided to murder it out today.

Untitled by liddictm, on Flickr

Offline Skaazi

« Reply #2828 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 17:18:46 »
Got a Pok3r today. :3

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2829 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:25:02 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is it a custom key caps set or does it come stock? :O

Do you like it so far?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2830 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 15:31:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Do you like it so far?

I believe it is this: http://www.geekkeys.com/red-black-ombre-printed-thick-pbt-108-keyset/

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2831 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 01:57:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Do you like it so far?

I believe it is this: http://www.geekkeys.com/red-black-ombre-printed-thick-pbt-108-keyset/
Alright thanks.

Offline Skaazi

« Reply #2832 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 02:11:29 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Do you like it so far?

Oh yep they're the red/black Geek Keys that nathanrosspowell linked.

I've been admiring all the other 60% keyboards in this thread for a while and finally decided to get one of my own. I love the feel and sound of the Pok3r and I'm really happy about it overall.

Offline mylove1431

• A little bear
« Reply #2833 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 02:29:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looking quite good  :p
Just A little Bear

Offline mecano

« Reply #2834 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 08:02:22 »

It looks better than your avatar  :))
What are these abs, pbt? Cherry profile? All R2??

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #2835 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 09:14:15 »

It looks better than your avatar  :))
What are these abs, pbt? Cherry profile? All R2??

Ha thanks! They are ABS unfortunately.

Offline ashcrow

« Reply #2836 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 10:22:35 »
The current Poker situation at casa de boop:

Show Image

hi all, can i check what is this keyset (the first/top one) and where is it available? i am new. just wanna make sure i doesnt get the a wrong one! :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2837 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 10:37:21 »

Show Image

hi all, can i check what is this keyset (the first/top one) and where is it available? i am new. just wanna make sure i doesnt get the a wrong one! :)

The top keycap set is Granite.  Matt3o did a group buy last year. Then there were a couple drops on Massdrop a while after for it.

You can keep a lookout in the classifieds to see if a set pops up.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2838 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 10:42:12 »

Show Image

http://keypuller.com/
this site is a great database to check keyset,
the keyset on top is Granite which was made by the same person that did the website above: Matt3o
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ashcrow

« Reply #2839 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 10:45:42 »

Show Image

http://keypuller.com/
this site is a great database to check keyset,
the keyset on top is Granite which was made by the same person that did the website above: Matt3o

great t

Show Image

The top keycap set is Granite.  Matt3o did a group buy last year. Then there were a couple drops on Massdrop a while after for it.

You can keep a lookout in the classifieds to see if a set pops up.

so fast! great thanks guys. :D

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2840 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 05:03:56 »
Show Image

Wrong thread my dude! :p also he is correct, I love this Halloween style theme! Ahh yes!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #2841 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 13:59:53 »
Cross post, but i don't care.  :))

Swapped out my Penumbra set for 1976 today.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2842 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 17:00:20 »

Show Image

Super nice :D

Guess I can through up an update of my poker:

The KRAP cap, win key and Star Wars caps are newly acquired! Yellow because summer :)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #2843 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 17:03:13 »
Great looking board Nathan! I like how the silver case goes with the Granite key caps. Very elegant.

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #2844 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 19:57:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The KRAP cap, win key and Star Wars caps are newly acquired! Yellow because summer :)

Love the touch of gold :)

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2845 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 20:18:04 »
Great looking board Nathan! I like how the silver case goes with the Granite key caps. Very elegant.

Thank you, Mashby :) The poker is a versatile creature!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2846 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 20:19:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Love the touch of gold :)

Yea, the cap fits better than I imaged :D

Offline p3lim

« Reply #2847 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 11:48:58 »
Custom in poker case, not your average layout (mixed ANSI/ISO).

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2848 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 12:08:24 »
Custom in poker case, not your average layout (mixed ANSI/ISO).

Show Image

The board aesthetic is rather simple but the picture gives it a really cool looking. Good job.

Offline kurukato

• Cars>Keyboards
« Reply #2849 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 17:35:01 »

Show Image

ayyy