Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3554196 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #6750 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 11:26:57 »
For the older DSA caps with really tight stems, could you make it looser by warming it up with a hairdryer and then while its soft put it on a switch and let it cool to a bigger size?

I'm gonna say no.

Plastic shrinks as it cools, so I'd even go as far to say it could make it worse.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #6751 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 13:00:57 »
For the older DSA caps with really tight stems, could you make it looser by warming it up with a hairdryer and then while its soft put it on a switch and let it cool to a bigger size?

I'm gonna say no.

Plastic shrinks as it cools, so I'd even go as far to say it could make it worse.

Aww that sucks. This DSA retro GH key is stubborn af

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #6752 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 16:06:53 »
Is making your own EVA/Nylon molded keyboard carrying case possible, or does this process need expensive machinery.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6753 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 16:12:43 »
Is making your own EVA/Nylon molded keyboard carrying case possible, or does this process need expensive machinery.

I think you could do it. Buy some codura cloth. Put sandwich cardboard or a heavy cardstock between it. Then form a case. Sew on a zipper. Done. My sister made me a case and it wasn't *too* bad.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6754 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 16:21:33 »
I live in the US. Whats the fastest and most affordable way to get a poker 2? I was going to go with Qtan but wondering if there is a better option.

I see mechanicalkeyboards.com has them too but I don't want backlighting, just MX brown or red.

Also is there anywhere that sells the cherry GMK sets like originative used to sell? White and Beige?
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 March 2014, 16:44:14 by lightsout714 »

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #6755 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 17:20:56 »
I live in the US. Whats the fastest and most affordable way to get a poker 2? I was going to go with Qtan but wondering if there is a better option.

Most people I know of got them from qtan.

Also is there anywhere that sells the cherry GMK sets like originative used to sell? White and Beige?

It looks like kbdmod.com sells them, but they're out of stock and you'd probably need a Korean proxy. I don't know of any other stores that have them regularly in stock.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6756 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 17:30:28 »

It looks like kbdmod.com sells them, but they're out of stock and you'd probably need a Korean proxy. I don't know of any other stores that have them regularly in stock.
Thanks. Out of stock thats a bummer. I guess the classifieds is my best shot.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #6757 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 18:19:49 »
My 3700 is giving me a lot of trouble and is pretty uneven

when I press on the right side, it makes a noise and wobbles, but the left side (top and bottom) are both ok. its just the top right side

extremely aggravating, not sure what to do really. opened it up and everything is ok inside with the PCB placement and whatnot

heres what the back looks like (everythings ok)

Not a valid vimeo URL
heres a video (ready soon) of what it looks like

should i try and weight one side? :////////

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6758 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 18:35:55 »

MechanicalKeyboards.com seems to have plenty in stock.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #6759 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 18:36:48 »

MechanicalKeyboards.com seems to have plenty in stock.

I see mechanicalkeyboards.com has them too but I don't want backlighting, just MX brown or red.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6760 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 18:44:53 »
Yeah don't want backlighting. How about a cheap brown QFR. Newegg is sold out. Missed it.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #6761 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 03:57:51 »
I will happily desolder the LEDs out of it for you.

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #6762 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 04:25:02 »
The backlit Pokers have ABS instead of PBT, so I think that's the issue.
;)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6763 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 08:47:40 »
Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards just getting a qfr and some caps instead. Not sure if 60% is for me.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #6764 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 16:02:29 »
Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards just getting a qfr and some caps instead. Not sure if 60% is for me.

60% is a hard layout to get used to for a lot of people. I don't blame you.

Personally, I recommend Filco as a brand. The stock keycaps are kinda crummy, I grant you, but they'll last long enough for you to get a nice thick PBT set.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6765 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 16:10:23 »

Personally, I recommend Filco as a brand. The stock keycaps are kinda crummy, I grant you, but they'll last long enough for you to get a nice thick PBT set.

Nothing wrong with QFR (or QFS), plus they re cheaper than Filco and will leave you more money afterwards for a good PBT set (he said, typing on his QFS with PBT dyesub set).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #6766 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 17:26:25 »
So, stupid question time!

I got my gf a A87ps2avr. I plugged it using a mini usb to usb cable and the leds worked out fine, but I can't type it. Can someone enlighten me? Do I need a miniusb to ps2 cable? How do I configure this thing?

tks!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6767 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 17:31:40 »
I got my gf a A87ps2avr. I plugged it using a mini usb to usb cable and the leds worked out fine, but I can't type it. Can someone enlighten me? Do I need a miniusb to ps2 cable? How do I configure this thing?

Yes, you need a mini-USB to PS2 cable. Info from Sifo.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #6768 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 17:36:51 »

O Captain! My Captain! our fearful question is done;
The ship has weather'd every rack, the answer we sought is won

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6769 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:10:36 »

Thanks, I do prefer filco. Had a few, but at almost twice the price I'm not sure its worth it. Just picked up another QFR. Wish I could find a nice set of Cherry beige DS's.

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #6770 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:15:46 »

tks!

You can also get a ps2avr-ext if that can be more convenient for you.
;)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6771 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:24:33 »

Simple USB to PS2 converter works too, or should.
I love Elzy

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #6772 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:36:24 »

tks!

What is that?

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #6773 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:40:39 »
Does the Ducky Zero Shine come in a TKL? I could not find one.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #6774 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:47:47 »

The Ducky Zero DK2087 and the Shine 2 DK9087 are TKL. There is no Ducky Zero Shine.

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #6775 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:53:16 »

tks!

What is that?

It's a simple converter that converts a USB cable into a ps/2 cable without ever needing a ps/2 cable, if that makes sense. Basically, it lets you use a USB cable as a ps/2 cable.
;)

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #6776 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:54:32 »

tks!

What is that?

It's a simple converter that converts a USB cable into a ps/2 cable without ever needing a ps/2 cable, if that makes sense. Basically, it lets you use a USB cable as a ps/2 cable.

Ah, I see. I think it would be harder to get one of those than a ps2 cable XD

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6777 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 19:59:30 »

DK2108S - Ducky Zero Shine - is only available full size.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ZERO_DK2108S.html
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #6778 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 20:01:45 »
DK2108S - Ducky Zero Shine - is only available full size.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ZERO_DK2108S.html

Although it has backlighting it is not part of the Shine series ;)

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #6779 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 20:04:53 »

tks!

What is that?

When I got my ps2avr, it just came with one :P
;)

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #6780 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 20:19:48 »

tks!

What is that?

When I got my ps2avr, it just came with one :P

Mine didn't :'( :'(

It's ok, got a ps2 cable :)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #6781 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 22:36:16 »
Anyone know switch hole dimensions for an Alps switch?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6782 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 22:37:41 »

There are diagrams of Alps switches with measurements here:

http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/deskthority-alps-keyboard-project-t4651.html

Edit: Sorry, that was for Matias, but supposed to be the same as Alps?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #6783 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 22:42:40 »

There are diagrams of Alps switches with measurements here:

http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/deskthority-alps-keyboard-project-t4651.html

Edit: Sorry, that was for Matias, but supposed to be the same as Alps?

Awesome, thanks Rowdy. 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6784 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 22:48:30 »
How many GB's have there been with the cherry replicas? Just the orange ones and toxic?

Is there a classic cherry in the works? (White/beige)

I guess everyone is tired of those?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #6785 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 22:50:41 »
How many GB's have there been with the cherry replicas? Just the orange ones and toxic?

there was raindrop too

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6786 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 22:52:34 »

I would love to get a classic Beige/White with cherry legends. I wouldn't mind it being DCS if it were PBT.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6787 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 23:01:33 »

I would love to get a classic Beige/White with cherry legends. I wouldn't mind it being DCS if it were PBT.
So would I, hard to find.

there was raindrop too
Oh the beautiful raindrop, didn't realize they were cherry. I've been away too long.

EDIT** Just glanced at some pics in the raindrop GB those look like standard SP WYSE font.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 March 2014, 23:03:40 by lightsout714 »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6788 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 23:14:28 »
Raindrop R2 is currently in production. It is a CtrlAlt GB. And it uses Cherry replica legends.

Anyone wishing upon a star for a full set of double shot PBT caps can just keep right on dreaming. We have already been told by SP that the shrinkage rate problem makes it near impossible to do a full set of DS from PBT. And if they were somehow able to do it, it would be so cost prohibitive that no one could buy them.

Best bet for classic Cherry beige is to wait for someone to run a GB for them through GMK. The reason to keep doing sets from SP is that they can do colors and legends that GMK just can't/won't. But if it's a true replica set, of existing colors that GMK has, there's no reason not to go the GMK route.

I believe Bunnylake has said that Toxic will be the last CtrlAlt GB with SP for a while. I think he has plans to do some cool stuff with GMK. And perhaps some classic replicas are in those plans. We shall see. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6789 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 23:32:03 »
Anyone know where to get LEDs?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Melvang

• * Maker

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6791 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 23:39:48 »
Raindrop R2 is currently in production. It is a CtrlAlt GB. And it uses Cherry replica legends.

Anyone wishing upon a star for a full set of double shot PBT caps can just keep right on dreaming. We have already been told by SP that the shrinkage rate problem makes it near impossible to do a full set of DS from PBT. And if they were somehow able to do it, it would be so cost prohibitive that no one could buy them.

Best bet for classic Cherry beige is to wait for someone to run a GB for them through GMK. The reason to keep doing sets from SP is that they can do colors and legends that GMK just can't/won't. But if it's a true replica set, of existing colors that GMK has, there's no reason not to go the GMK route.

I believe Bunnylake has said that Toxic will be the last CtrlAlt GB with SP for a while. I think he has plans to do some cool stuff with GMK. And perhaps some classic replicas are in those plans. We shall see. :)

Thanks for the correction and info.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #6792 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 23:43:23 »

Aw that sucks. My march GH key looks and feels sweet, but I do see how shrinkage will be a major issue...stem is a bit tight

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6793 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 23:55:19 »

I was talking a about a classic beige/white dye-sub DCS set, but yes I can't wait for Bunny to start the GMK group buys :)
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6794 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 01:03:32 »

Aw that sucks. My march GH key looks and feels sweet, but I do see how shrinkage will be a major issue...stem is a bit tight

They should call Vortex. Or send in a spy... ;)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #6795 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 11:49:03 »
Has anyone installed LED's in a WASD V2? Thinking about adding some flare to the board, if there is a guide or something I missed, I apologize, I only did a brief search and didn't find anything specific on this board.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #6796 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 11:53:04 »
Has anyone installed LED's in a WASD V2? Thinking about adding some flare to the board, if there is a guide or something I missed, I apologize, I only did a brief search and didn't find anything specific on this board.

If the PCB supports LED's already (I don't know about this), it should be as simple as soldering them in. You can find information about polarity in the OP of this thread, and Photoelectric has a nice mini-review and description of various LED types.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #6797 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 11:54:01 »

If the PCB supports LED's already (I don't know about this), it should be as simple as soldering them in. You can find information about polarity in the OP of this thread, and Photoelectric has a nice mini-review and description of various LED types.

Thanks Riot, I'll check that out.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #6798 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 15:15:09 »

AFAIK the WASD V2 doesn't have LED support on the PCB.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #6799 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 16:09:59 »
What kro does the minila air have as its wireless?

also what 75% metal cases have been made?
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 March 2014, 17:49:03 by Pacifist »