Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3555756 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #11400 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 14:34:03 »
Stupid question, but I just want a quick clarification on this.

Are these Matias switches are 100% consistent with Alps in terms of plate cutout and such?

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=480

If my plate building tool supports these switches, it will support all Alps switches?  Thx...

I see they also have these: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=269

Should I be getting them instead for testing Alps compatibility?

They'll be fine. You don't need to pick up the Matias or those Green XM switches to test them.

Thanks...  :)  I am sending them to BigBlueSaw so they can be sure that all the plate cutting work they do for us works for both MX and Alps switch types.  :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11401 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 14:37:24 »
Thanks...  :)  I am sending them to BigBlueSaw so they can be sure that all the plate cutting work they do for us works for both MX and Alps switch types.  :)

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing people making more stuff with your tool.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #11402 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 14:46:20 »

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing people making more stuff with your tool.

Thanks.  Ya it is pretty cool to see people using it.  I love that people are 3D printing plates for prototyping.  Thats is just awesome.  :P

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #11403 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 18:04:39 »
Anyone know the name of the 60% alu keyboard that have few circle brass weight under the pcb?

Offline RavenII

« Reply #11404 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 18:40:41 »

Are these Matias switches are 100% consistent with Alps in terms of plate cutout and such?

If my plate building tool supports these switches, it will support all Alps switches?  Thx...

I see they also have these: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=269

They'll be fine. You don't need to pick up the Matias or those Green XM switches to test them.

Any reason for Bigbluesaw vs something like emachineshop?

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #11405 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 19:01:12 »
Does anyone know if any aluminum feet would be compatible with the Trik aluminum skin keyboard?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11406 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 19:09:41 »

BigBlueSaw seems to have some experience working on keyboards in the past. Maybe that's why people keep going back? A few people have tried it and it worked out?

Does anyone know if any aluminum feet would be compatible with the Trik aluminum skin keyboard?

Does the case have two holes on the bottom that would accept the feet?

Anyone know the name of the 60% alu keyboard that have few circle brass weight under the pcb?

Duck Mini V1?

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #11407 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 19:23:14 »

BigBlueSaw seems to have some experience working on keyboards in the past. Maybe that's why people keep going back? A few people have tried it and it worked out?

Duck Mini V1?

Yes, Thanks!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #11408 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 19:32:10 »

BigBlueSaw is the first company who has contacted me interested in my tool and making things easier for members of our community. They are often recommended by GH members when people are looking to get plates cut, so they are already a known name around here. Honestly it has just been an organic relationship because we are both trying to solve the same problems for our users/customers.

If other companies are interested in catering to our community and want to work with me to ensure that users of my tool will have consistent repeatable results, I am down with working with them. More quality choices for the community is never a bad thing. :)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #11409 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 20:33:44 »

This is what the back of the case looks like:

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #11410 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 21:30:16 »

BigBlueSaw is the first company who has contacted me interested in my tool and making things easier for members of our community. They are often recommended by GH members when people are looking to get plates cut, so they are already a known name around here. Honestly it has just been an organic relationship because we are both trying to solve the same problems for our users/customers.

If other companies are interested in catering to our community and want to work with me to ensure that users of my tool will have consistent repeatable results, I am down with working with them. More quality choices for the community is never a bad thing. :)

Not only this but it helps them dial in and tighten up manufacturing tolerances with an entire community that can potentially provide them with steady business.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #11411 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 21:47:59 »

Not only this but it helps them dial in and tighten up manufacturing tolerances with an entire community that can potentially provide them with steady business.
Ya exactly.  Its good for everyone.  I think there are already 3 different people getting quotes from them for plate jobs using my tool.  My tool has only been live for like two weeks and is not even finished.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11412 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 06:39:43 »

This is what the back of the case looks like:

Show Image

Cool. So if you take that bar off, you can put little aluminum feet on. I think exitfire401 just told me that he bought some feet for his Kingsaver from GON so maybe he's got feet for your LZ? You could also try checking IMSTO's site and perhaps PM LZ or kin25. Kin25 just put up a IC for an LZ board so perhaps he/she knows how to get a hold of LZ stuff.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11413 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 18:26:13 »
I was lurking on kbdlab and found someone who puts their springs in a rice cooker and steams them lol. Anyone know what this does to the springs?

http://kbdlab.co.kr/?mid=board_Lsno50&page=6&document_srl=926870

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #11414 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 18:34:27 »
I was lurking on kbdlab and found someone who puts their springs in a rice cooker and steams them lol. Anyone know what this does to the springs?

If google translate is somewhat accurate, then I think it's to lube them?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11415 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 18:36:39 »

I bet it's to clean the springs off.

Offline StinkyTheDonut

• I like rubber domes.
« Reply #11416 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 21:35:11 »
Can I get measurements of costar cutouts without the cherry parts?
Maybe a drawing of a combined cutout that shows cherry parts masked off is even better.
That would save me some math and fiddling with spacing from the switches.  :p
I'm planning on using costar stabs and want to save on plate cuts
I only have a washable keyboard.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Offline StinkyTheDonut

• I like rubber domes.
« Reply #11418 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 22:19:59 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47744.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65189.0

I've been to those threads. Everything there seems to only have combined stab cutouts.
Or are you suggesting I go ask there?
I only have a washable keyboard.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11419 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 04:36:37 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47744.0
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65189.0

I've been to those threads. Everything there seems to only have combined stab cutouts.
Or are you suggesting I go ask there?
Suggesting you check there. If you can't find what you're looking for there, I suggest asking in the CAD thread or PM swill, jdcarpe, or MOZ.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #11420 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 04:57:49 »
Since joining here, I've seen talk about plenty of stuff I hadn't heard of before, and not much about the brands I had already known of. My question is specifically about Das Keyboards. They don't seem to be talked about much here; are they below the standards of most people on GH? If so, what's wrong with them?

I ask because I bought one before I discovered the many other options and I'll probably want to resell it and buy something better.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #11421 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 05:00:38 »
Quick question. I've found a place to buy Cherry plate mounted stabilisers however they only have the 2x ones. Can I take a 2x one and replace the wire with a 6.25x one for the space bar? I have plenty of 6.25x and 7x wires, they're just all attached to PCB mounted stabs.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11422 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 05:03:27 »
Quick question. I've found a place to buy Cherry plate mounted stabilisers however they only have the 2x ones. Can I take a 2x one and replace the wire with a 6.25x one for the space bar? I have plenty of 6.25x and 7x wires, they're just all attached to PCB mounted stabs.
Yeah you can
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11423 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 05:15:02 »
Yeah you can

Sweet! Going to find a Filco plate and get rid of those nasty Costar stabs!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Hzza

« Reply #11424 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 05:34:58 »
It's worth pointing out that any stab wires that have kinks in them (so 6/6.25u wires salvaged from PCB mount Cherry boards for example) won't fit when used with a plate as the wire sits under the plate and the kink won't fit between the plate and the PCB. Most 7u wires I've seen don't have the kink so should be ok.

You will probably be better off bending your own wires if you're going less than 7u (I'm pretty sure the correct gauges and whatnot are in the OP).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11425 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 05:54:43 »
My question is specifically about Das Keyboards. They don't seem to be talked about much here; are they below the standards of most people on GH? If so, what's wrong with them?

Das Keyboards are currently made with Greetech switches which are MX clones. AFAIK, there's not a lot of experience with them in the community. I think the price points of the boards were always off. For the same price, I'd rather get a Ducky. The Das 3 had that awful shiny fingerprint trap. And a lot of people don't like the aesthetics.

Yes you can; the other replies nailed it :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11426 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 06:11:34 »
It's worth pointing out that any stab wires that have kinks in them (so 6/6.25u wires salvaged from PCB mount Cherry boards for example) won't fit when used with a plate as the wire sits under the plate and the kink won't fit between the plate and the PCB. Most 7u wires I've seen don't have the kink so should be ok.

You will probably be better off bending your own wires if you're going less than 7u (I'm pretty sure the correct gauges and whatnot are in the OP).
All good, the 6.25 and 7x space bar wires are new Cherrys off Taobao so they should drop in properly :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #11427 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 08:17:27 »
Since joining here, I've seen talk about plenty of stuff I hadn't heard of before, and not much about the brands I had already known of. My question is specifically about Das Keyboards. They don't seem to be talked about much here; are they below the standards of most people on GH? If so, what's wrong with them?

I ask because I bought one before I discovered the many other options and I'll probably want to resell it and buy something better.
Most people are either turned off by the design, the glossy exterior, the little known Greetech MX clones, or their high starting price. Even before when they used Cherry switches, the other three reasons were usually enough
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
« Reply #11428 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 17:12:08 »
How can I solder LEDs onto a JD40?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11429 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 17:13:28 »
iirc JD40 pcb doesn't support leds.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #11430 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 17:23:22 »
iirc JD40 pcb doesn't support leds.

There are holes for them, just no traces from there to anything. You'd have to solder a matrix of some sort and connect to power.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #11431 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:25:02 »
I'm considering changing the color of my Filco case. I can't decide between painting or vinyl wrapping. It seems to me there is more that could go wrong with painting and it is less reversible.

My question is about durability. If I follow Photoelectric's painting guide (including adding a clear coat), will the paint be significantly more durable than vinyl? Anything else I should know that could make me pick one over another?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11432 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:37:24 »
I think the big issue with vinyl over paint, is that if you knock vinyl and pierce it, it's a lot more susceptible thereafter to peeling and the whole finish being ruined. If you just paint it and chip it, there is a lot less of a chance of all the paint coming off than with vinyl.

If you then follow Photoelectric's guide to toughen the paint, and you get the correct paint, it should last a long time. Of course then you need to decide if the design you want comes in paint/you could paint it yourself depending on how complicated it is.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #11433 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:40:22 »
I think the big issue with vinyl over paint, is that if you knock vinyl and pierce it, it's a lot more susceptible thereafter to peeling and the whole finish being ruined. If you just paint it and chip it, there is a lot less of a chance of all the paint coming off than with vinyl.

If you then follow Photoelectric's guide to toughen the paint, and you get the correct paint, it should last a long time. Of course then you need to decide if the design you want comes in paint/you could paint it yourself depending on how complicated it is.

Yes, this exactly.

Think a vinyl auto wrap, versus a new coat of paint on your car.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11434 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:42:16 »
I'm considering changing the color of my Filco case. I can't decide between painting or vinyl wrapping. It seems to me there is more that could go wrong with painting and it is less reversible.

My question is about durability. If I follow Photoelectric's painting guide (including adding a clear coat), will the paint be significantly more durable than vinyl? Anything else I should know that could make me pick one over another?

The link for that thread is here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44191.0

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #11435 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:52:09 »
Never vinyl wrapped a car so I have near 0 experience with vinyl wrapping.

I feel like if the paint does chip, it will bother me enough that I will need to fix the paint (which would be a more difficult proces than fixing the vinyl).

I guess more specifically my question is: Is the initial scratch/chip more likely to happen on vinyl or paint? It sounds like you guys are saying paint will be more resistant to all wear.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11436 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:56:31 »
I guess more specifically my question is: Is the initial scratch/chip more likely to happen on vinyl or paint? It sounds like you guys are saying paint will be more resistant to all wear.

How I see it is this: If I scratch or wear a vinyl wrap, I'd be OCD and have to replace the *whole* wrap. Can you patch vinyl wrap? I don't even know but I'd imagine it'd look like a little sticker. If I chip paint, I can just paint that spot over again.

Is the vinyl wrap more durable than paint? I don't know.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11437 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:56:38 »
It sounds like you guys are saying paint will be more resistant to all wear.

This has been my experience, but I am not an expert. 

Personally, I would almost always rather properly paint a keyboard rather than wrap it.  If I'm already making a modification, it might as well be as durable as can be.  You can always sand and paint a new colour if you change your mind.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11438 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 12:59:16 »
Is there a guide for ordering from hanaacryl?

I need a KMAC case from there but I have no idea what I'm doing
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #11439 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 16:58:15 »
Anyone know the weight of 100ish MX switches?

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11440 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 19:19:53 »

Assuming my $1 scale is generally accurate, it's around 200g. (110 MX reds in a ziplock bag)
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #11441 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 19:53:43 »

Assuming my $1 scale is generally accurate, it's around 200g. (110 MX reds in a ziplock bag)

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #11442 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 20:45:20 »
Is there any way one can buy Topre 55g switches without a whole keyboard?
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #11443 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 20:48:11 »

no, topre switches are not discrete, they are capsense similar to IBM F buckling springs.  The actuation method is different. 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11444 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 02:21:47 »
I opened up my poker2 ISO and it seems that the PCB would support an ANSI layout, anyone ever done the mod here?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #11445 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 04:06:29 »
Does lubed switch accumulate more dust compared to non lubed switch? I think I'll assemble my viper unlube due to some circumstances. How much difference is between lubed ergo clear vs non lube?

Offline Moralless

« Reply #11446 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 04:13:50 »
Does lubed switch accumulate more dust compared to non lubed switch? I think I'll assemble my viper unlube due to some circumstances. How much difference is between lubed ergo clear vs non lube?

If you've never had any problems with dust accumulating inside the switch housing then lubing them won't as well. The housings for cherry MX switches is very tight and I doubt any dust would be able to enter it when everything is put together. From personal experience, I find lubed ergo clears much more enjoyable to type and this seems to be common opinion when comparing lubed and non lubed ergo clears, but with pretty much everything in this hobby, it all comes down to personal preferences so I suggest lubing up a few clear switches place them on a plate and compare it to un lubed to see which you prefer more.  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11447 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 06:40:09 »
1) Does lubed switch accumulate more dust compared to non lubed switch?
2) How much difference is between lubed ergo clear vs non lube?

1) No, I don't think it matters.
2) There is a noticeable difference. Not sure how you'd like me to quantify that difference. It's enough that you wouldn't mistake one for another.

No

I opened up my poker2 ISO and it seems that the PCB would support an ANSI layout, anyone ever done the mod here?

Not that I know of. I've seen a mod on DT where someone did a huge mod from ISO to ANSI on a Cherry board but it sounds like the PCB is already setup for ANSI or ISO. Take some pictures and share them if you're unsure if it will work.

Is there a guide for ordering from hanaacryl?

I need a KMAC case from there but I have no idea what I'm doing

I've never heard of this site and I couldn't figure it out myself. I don't think there's a guide on Geekhack at least.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #11448 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 06:57:31 »

You can do this, but you would need an ANSI plate. The Poker II uses plate mounted stabilizers, so if you tried to mod to ANSI without a plate, you wouldn't be able to install any stabilizers. I don't think there are holes for stabilizers in the PCB.

in memoriam

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #11449 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 07:33:49 »

You can do this, but you would need an ANSI plate. The Poker II uses plate mounted stabilizers, so if you tried to mod to ANSI without a plate, you wouldn't be able to install any stabilizers. I don't think there are holes for stabilizers in the PCB.
Yeah the plan is to get an ANSI plate to do it.
Azerty Propagandiste