Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3555922 times)

Offline safian

Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #13100 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 11:24:05 »
So I finally got the keyboard I asked about before and I still don't know what model it is. I really like sound of that keyboard, do you recognize the switches?  I have new photos here: http://imgur.com/a/7fJAl

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #13101 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 12:06:14 »
Looks like a spring over membrane or rubber dome with Alps slider to me.  I could be wrong and it could be something like a TEC switch.

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #13102 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 12:14:36 »
So I was thinking about getting a 75% keyboard, but I have no clue how to solder or anything. My question is there a 75% keyboard that already has Gateron switches ? Or am I going to have to order a custom board  :-[

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #13103 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 12:25:20 »
So I was thinking about getting a 75% keyboard, but I have no clue how to solder or anything. My question is there a 75% keyboard that already has Gateron switches ? Or am I going to have to order a custom board  :-[

custom only.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #13104 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 12:52:21 »
So I had another mini-DIN-5 keyboard come in today and this is one of the true mini-DIN-5 that won't fit into a PS/2 socket. Anyone know how to convert it? It's a NeXT station keyboard with Black SKCM.

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13105 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 15:22:35 »
So I had another mini-DIN-5 keyboard come in today and this is one of the true mini-DIN-5 that won't fit into a PS/2 socket. Anyone know how to convert it? It's a NeXT station keyboard with Black SKCM.

I thought that PS/2 was mini-DIN-6
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Hzza

« Reply #13106 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 16:20:20 »
NeXT boards speak a strange protocol, I think almost all versions with alps are non-adb; TMK might have a converter that speaks NeXT but can't remember for certain.

The non-alps versions of these boards speak standard ADB IIRC which TMK definitely has a converter for.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #13107 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 17:39:14 »
I thought that PS/2 was mini-DIN-6

Well there are two kinds, a 5 pin that is incompatible with PS/2 sockets and another that looks like PS/2 but with a missing pin 6.

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13108 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 19:07:59 »
In this scenario both 2 and 6 are not doing anything.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline E3E

« Reply #13109 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 19:55:25 »
Hey guys. Preparing for my first SA set! Do SA 6.25u Spacebars have centered stems or are they offset like some Cherry boards? I'm guessing they are centered, but I can't be sure without feedback.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #13110 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 20:41:55 »
Do 3 unit keys ever come up on the SP key shop? There aren't any there now, but I was wondering if that ever changes.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13111 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 22:17:56 »
Hey guys. Preparing for my first SA set! Do SA 6.25u Spacebars have centered stems or are they offset like some Cherry boards? I'm guessing they are centered, but I can't be sure without feedback.
They're made by SP so they're centered.
Do 3 unit keys ever come up on the SP key shop? There aren't any there now, but I was wondering if that ever changes.
I've never even heard of a 3 unit key

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #13112 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 22:52:12 »
In this scenario both 2 and 6 are not doing anything.

Appreciate the help but I have the kind that isn't even socket compatible.  :p

Offline alf

« Reply #13113 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 23:46:18 »
I've got a problem with a Majestouch Ninja 2 Filco keyboard. Basically something is wrong with the Backspace key where I will be typing for anywhere from seconds to up to 5 minutes, and at some point when I hit the Backspace key, the whole keyboard just dies. The Blue lights flicker dimly, and I have to unplug the keyboard, wait for a seemingly random period of time before plugging it in again. It'll start working again, but then do the same thing a few minutes later. (it never works to just unplug it and plug it back in).

I got the keyboard off Amazon and it worked when I first opened and used it. Then I put it away for a period of time and moved, then this started happening when I set it up in my office to use seriously. I tried contacting Filco themselves but they won't service it due to the Amazon seller I bought it from not being on their list of approved vendors or whatever, and it's long past the Amazon return by date (a special request message to the seller awaits a reply).

Any idea what would be causing this or if it would be possible to have fixed?

Offline E3E

« Reply #13114 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 23:59:37 »
They're made by SP so they're centered.

Thanks, that's what I figured. :thumb:

As far as 3u space bars go, I've been seeing them featured in recent sets (ie, Carbon), but I'm not sure if they're usually available to buy alone.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #13115 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 00:44:40 »
As far as 3u space bars go, I've been seeing them featured in recent sets (ie, Carbon), but I'm not sure if they're usually available to buy alone.
Yes, I should have been clearer, space keys is what I meant. Having seen them in a few buys recently, I was hoping they would be around somewhere.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #13116 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 06:16:38 »
I've got a problem with a Majestouch Ninja 2 Filco keyboard. Basically something is wrong with the Backspace key where I will be typing for anywhere from seconds to up to 5 minutes, and at some point when I hit the Backspace key, the whole keyboard just dies. The Blue lights flicker dimly, and I have to unplug the keyboard, wait for a seemingly random period of time before plugging it in again. It'll start working again, but then do the same thing a few minutes later. (it never works to just unplug it and plug it back in).

I got the keyboard off Amazon and it worked when I first opened and used it. Then I put it away for a period of time and moved, then this started happening when I set it up in my office to use seriously. I tried contacting Filco themselves but they won't service it due to the Amazon seller I bought it from not being on their list of approved vendors or whatever, and it's long past the Amazon return by date (a special request message to the seller awaits a reply).

I think the first course of action would be to open the board and take a look inside, around the Backspace key, and see if anything jumps out at you (having to wait for a random time sounds like waiting for a capacitor to discharge). Unfortunately a Filco is plate-mounted, so without desoldering all of the switches you'll only really be able to look at one side of the PCB (the side without the actual components unfortunately). If you're serious about investigating this further it might be pertinent to create a new thread, as it doesn't sound like a question with a "simple answer" to me.

You might also try it on a different computer if you haven't already.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13117 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 07:04:00 »
I've got a problem with a Majestouch Ninja 2 Filco keyboard.

More
Basically something is wrong with the Backspace key where I will be typing for anywhere from seconds to up to 5 minutes, and at some point when I hit the Backspace key, the whole keyboard just dies. The Blue lights flicker dimly, and I have to unplug the keyboard, wait for a seemingly random period of time before plugging it in again. It'll start working again, but then do the same thing a few minutes later. (it never works to just unplug it and plug it back in).

Like pr0ximity said, I would open the keyboard up and check it visually and with a multimeter to see if there are any cold or bad solder joints. If you can't find any major issues, I would suggest breaking out your own thread to get more targeted help.

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #13118 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 10:03:57 »
Any simple remedies for uneven height of the pads on the corners of a keyboard? Besides tossing in a folded piece of paper

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #13119 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 10:07:46 »
Sorry for the n00b question:  What's the cheapest MX TKL with an aluminum case and plate?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #13120 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 10:08:29 »
Any simple remedies for uneven height of the pads on the corners of a keyboard? Besides tossing in a folded piece of paper

I usually just buy new pads.  The problem is usually the pads, not the board.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13121 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 22:47:18 »
What pads are you talking about? I'm not quite following.
Sorry for the n00b question:  What's the cheapest MX TKL with an aluminum case and plate?
Probably a phantom in a tex case or any stock board that fits in a tex case.

Offline ajx

« Reply #13122 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 04:55:17 »
Hey, i received my HHKB yesterday, and the bottom case fits a bit loose, when you press around HHKB logo, you ll feel the case little bit cracking
Does anyone meet any similar issue?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13123 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 06:01:41 »
Hey, i received my HHKB yesterday, and the bottom case fits a bit loose, when you press around HHKB logo, you ll feel the case little bit cracking
Does anyone meet any similar issue?

Yes.

RealForce keyboards (PFU) in general seem to have cases that are not clamped and superglued together, but held together with love and kindness.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline apolotary

« Reply #13124 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 06:11:09 »

I usually just buy new pads.  The problem is usually the pads, not the board.

Yeah I figured I'll just get a pack of new ones too.

What pads are you talking about? I'm not quite following.

The rubbery things they put on the bottom of the case so it won't slip around your desk. In my case I have a couple of them with uneven height which makes my keyboards a little unstable on the desk

---

Another thing: I'm looking for online shops in Taiwan that ship to the neighboring countries (i.e. Japan). What's the best place on geekhack to ask about that?
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 August 2015, 10:42:27 by apolotary »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13125 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 11:05:25 »
The rubbery things they put on the bottom of the case so it won't slip around your desk. In my case I have a couple of them with uneven height which makes my keyboards a little unstable on the desk

Ah ok. I was thinking it was somewhere inside the board haha. I'd suggest what heedpantsnow said.

Another thing: I'm looking for online shops in Taiwan that ship to the neighboring countries (i.e. Japan). What's the best place on geekhack to ask about that?

Just make a thread in off-topic. You can also see if there's anyone in that area who will help you proxy.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #13126 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 12:28:53 »

Ah ok. I was thinking it was somewhere inside the board haha. I'd suggest what heedpantsnow said.

That or give the case a twist from opposite ends.  I have had to do that after having one end of a keyboard that was propped up on a mouse pad.  The pads on the keyboard were not the same distance from the edge of the board, so after a year or so I developed a slight twist.  I changed up some of the setup on my desk and it brought the keyboard down to the desk all the way around.  Just took some twisting of the whole keyboard and it sat flat.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #13127 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 15:56:54 »
Would a Filco usb cable from Pexonpcs work with my cherry g80-1800?

109867-0
109865-1

my guess is no but I just want it to be confirmed

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13128 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 15:58:42 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

From those pictures it looks like it might. Definitely worth a try.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #13129 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 16:14:58 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

From those pictures it looks like it might. Definitely worth a try.
The pinout looks different to me. If the plug fits make sure wire order is correct. Otherwise you risk try and fry.

Offline alf

« Reply #13130 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 16:52:34 »

I think the first course of action would be to open the board and take a look inside, around the Backspace key, and see if anything jumps out at you (having to wait for a random time sounds like waiting for a capacitor to discharge). Unfortunately a Filco is plate-mounted, so without desoldering all of the switches you'll only really be able to look at one side of the PCB (the side without the actual components unfortunately). If you're serious about investigating this further it might be pertinent to create a new thread, as it doesn't sound like a question with a "simple answer" to me.

You might also try it on a different computer if you haven't already.

Well, it appears that I have fixed the problem. Hallelujah! I got up my nerve and opened up the board finally and it seemed like the connector where the USB cable connects to the board was slightly ajar or loose. I jammed that sucker back in there firmly, and now it seems to be working perfectly (so far).

Turned out to be fairly simple after all! Thanks for the advice.

Offline mason

« Reply #13131 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 17:19:16 »

The pinout looks different to me. If the plug fits make sure wire order is correct. Otherwise you risk try and fry.

Yeah I noticed that after I uploaded it. Maybe I'll try asking for a custom order

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.
« Reply #13132 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 17:29:33 »
Quick question, can someone explain to me the difference between plate mounted and PCB mounted switches and how it will effect the process of building a keyboard?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #13133 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 17:38:33 »
Quick question, can someone explain to me the difference between plate mounted and PCB mounted switches and how it will effect the process of building a keyboard?

The only difference is pcb mount have two extra plastic pins that fit into holes of the pcb.  If the pcb allows it, try and use them when ever possible.  If you are not going to use a plate, PCB mount are required for them to be straight.  Also, the soldered pins don't really have enough strength to facilitate the stresses of being typed on for very long.  If you are hand wiring, it doesn't matter, though the pins might prove a pain.

If you have PCB mount switches, and the PCB you are using doesn't have them, you can cut them off with flush cutters.  Just don't cut the large middle one.

Also, Alps switches to my knowledge are never PCB mounted only, they have all had plates.  Though there might have been a few obscure ones that were PCB mounted only, but I haven't seen any examples.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #13134 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 18:41:38 »

Yeah I noticed that after I uploaded it. Maybe I'll try asking for a custom order
If the plug fits the socket you can rearrange wires. If you carefully release the pins from the plug and reset the wires to match what you need.

Offline mason

« Reply #13135 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 19:10:00 »

If the plug fits the socket you can rearrange wires. If you carefully release the pins from the plug and reset the wires to match what you need.

I didn't even think of that.. thanks  :)

Offline apolotary

« Reply #13136 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 20:13:06 »

That or give the case a twist from opposite ends.  I have had to do that after having one end of a keyboard that was propped up on a mouse pad.  The pads on the keyboard were not the same distance from the edge of the board, so after a year or so I developed a slight twist.  I changed up some of the setup on my desk and it brought the keyboard down to the desk all the way around.  Just took some twisting of the whole keyboard and it sat flat.

Thanks I actually haven't thought of that. Will be twisting my KBs all day today :)

Offline Bucake

« Reply #13137 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 03:07:39 »
is there a difference, in quality perhaps, between US-made IBM Model Ms and UK-made IBM Model Ms? (pre-1990)
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13138 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 03:10:17 »
is there a difference, in quality perhaps, between US-made IBM Model Ms and UK-made IBM Model Ms? (pre-1990)
I wouldn't think so, but Greenock did employ some alternate production specifications. For instance, on many Greenock models, the spacebar is grounded and made out of ABS rather than PBT (not all of them though).
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13139 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 07:09:45 »

The only Greenocks that I have had were late-late-1990s and they were crap.

It would be gratifying to know that quality was high in the early days.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #13140 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 16:22:58 »
I want to pick up a poker II still though, I really want that "Enjoy Your Feeling" spacebar hahaha

You know, I wonder if it didn't say something in the native language wherever the keyboard was designed, China or Thailand.  "Enjoy Your Feeling" may simply be the closest way to translate, but the essence was "lost in translation."

I mean really, what the frack does that mean?  It makes no sense.  It's like when you look at an Ebay listing from an Asian seller and the sentences are hardly coherent.  You can just tell they used Google Translate.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline ajx

« Reply #13141 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 18:05:11 »
Hey, i got a special HHKB since few days  ;D
This HHKB has Hasu's BT mod which allow you to make your own layoutd to learn it properly
Layout is disturbing but i take time to get use it
Give me your ideas about layout

I would probably
- turn shift into double tap shift (you dont have to hold shift while pressing x key)
- switching tilde and delete
- left_gui to another fn
- fn+space turn into layout 2 with dedicated arrows (WASD)

My questions, how you find original HHKB 's layout?
I like the idea of CTRL instead of Capslock
But i got confused alot with delete/tilde/return
Moreover, fn+dedicated arrows doesnt work that good for a left handed like me

Offline apolotary

« Reply #13142 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 19:22:50 »
A friend of mine helped me in replacing broken capacitors on my Realforce board. Though the new ones have lower voltage and capacitance values, he told me it should be fine, as the signal would just get a bit more noisy than it used to be.

Is there anything else I should be aware of? It would take me a couple more weeks to get all the parts so I can't fully test it right now.

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.
« Reply #13143 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 19:36:34 »
How would one go about making the space bar tilted?
Like in this picture

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #13144 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 19:38:30 »
Like in this picture
just turn it around, "flip" it
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #13145 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 19:38:54 »
Like in this picture

Mount the keycaps on the board upside-down
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.
« Reply #13146 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 19:57:01 »
Like in this picture

Mount the keycaps on the board upside-down

Thanks, that was way too obvious of answer 
One more random question regarding gateron switches. I've been looking at the clears for my build, but does anyone know how long they last?
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2015, 20:00:19 by 108 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13147 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 20:03:42 »
One more random question regarding gateron switches. I've been looking at the clears for my build, but does anyone know how long they last?

I've never seen a datasheet so I'm not sure what the lifespan is.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #13148 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 20:15:47 »
Somewhere in the area of Cherry's estimated lifespan, so a ridiculous number that I doubt anyone will hit anytime soon
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Phirr

• If you don't work you die.
« Reply #13149 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 20:19:07 »

Mechanicalkeyboards.com has one coming out, if you can wait ~ a month

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/incoming.php