Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3555287 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #13150 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 12:23:45 »
Hey, i got a special HHKB since few days  ;D
This HHKB has Hasu's BT mod which allow you to make your own layoutd to learn it properly
Layout is disturbing but i take time to get use it
Give me your ideas about layout

I would probably
- turn shift into double tap shift (you dont have to hold shift while pressing x key)
- switching tilde and delete
- left_gui to another fn
- fn+space turn into layout 2 with dedicated arrows (WASD)

My questions, how you find original HHKB 's layout?
I like the idea of CTRL instead of Capslock
But i got confused alot with delete/tilde/return
Moreover, fn+dedicated arrows doesnt work that good for a left handed like me

Discussion on this can be found in this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74940.0

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.
« Reply #13151 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 21:32:30 »
Do diodes come with the phantom PCB or do I need to purchase them separately? 

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13152 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 21:33:12 »

At this point, you'll have to purchase them separately. I think the only place to get it is from MK.com now.

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.
« Reply #13153 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 21:46:47 »

At this point, you'll have to purchase them separately. I think the only place to get it is from MK.com now.
It says on the page that I need to purchase 100 diodes, any recommended sites where I can get them?
Another question, if I'm to use the phantom, I would need to purchase a plate and plate stabilizers. However If I went with a more planck-like style and used regular keys for the space,shift, enter,etc.. would there be enough spots on the PCB to do that?
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 21:55:18 by 108 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13154 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 21:54:37 »

Offline 108

• Yeet. Yeet.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #13156 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 22:06:38 »
It says on the page that I need to purchase 100 diodes, any recommended sites where I can get them?

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fairchild-Semiconductor/1N4148/?qs=i4Fj9T%2FoRm8RMUhj5DeFQg%3D%3D
Thank you!

You can also check www.digikey.com as well.  I have had great luck with their site and find it a touch easier to navigate.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Corey

« Reply #13157 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 03:16:25 »
Can someone identify this board? And whether it is worth purchasing?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13158 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 05:02:43 »
Can someone identify this board? And whether it is worth purchasing?

Show Image

Dell AT101. It's the ISO layout. Most likely with complicated Black Alps due to the logo. It was the keyboard that got me into Alps. I think it's a good board to pickup to try Alps or to use as a base to swap switches into. Looks like it's on good condition too. Don't pick it up thinking you're good to flip it for a lot of money though. It's not worth much.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 September 2015, 05:09:48 by CPTBadAss »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13159 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 07:02:49 »
Dell AT101. It's the ISO layout. Most likely with complicated Black Alps due to the logo. It was the keyboard that got me into Alps. I think it's a good board to pickup to try Alps or to use as a base to swap switches into.

Without Windows keys there is a possibility that it has the PBT caps, which are desirable on their own.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #13160 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 15:39:22 »
I recently saw a board with an ortholinear layout and it had a column or two of 1.5u keys right in the middle. It was not a split board. What board am I thinking of? I want one and it's killing me!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13161 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 15:44:25 »
I recently saw a board with an ortholinear layout and it had a column or two of 1.5u keys right in the middle. It was not a split board. What board am I thinking of? I want one and it's killing me!

I can't read minds and I'm not familiar with ortholinear stuff. Could it be an Atomic with an alternate layout?

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #13162 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 15:46:08 »

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #13163 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 15:49:10 »

I can't read minds and I'm not familiar with ortholinear stuff. Could it be an Atomic with an alternate layout?

Maybe. here's a rough sketch (just focus on the middle)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #13164 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 17:36:57 »

I recognize it and I have no clue what it's called but I think it's a one off so it's probably in the making stuff together sub forum.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #13165 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 20:53:13 »

I recognize it and I have no clue what it's called but I think it's a one off so it's probably in the making stuff together sub forum.

That is a really interesting layout, I might have to do some playing with that as a base.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #13166 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 09:47:34 »
Can anyone post a photo of SA row 3 caps sitting on a row 1 with Cherry/OEM profile caps?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #13167 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:32:57 »
What's the best way to get a hold of some blue alps these days?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #13168 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 23:04:03 »

Pretty sure either ebay, or get lucky finding someone selling some in the classifieds.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #13169 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 08:22:47 »

Pretty sure either ebay, or get lucky finding someone selling some in the classifieds.

Ebay seems pretty dried up unless you want to shell out for a Northgate OmniKey. Maybe I'm just not searching for the right things.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13170 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 11:51:12 »
Ebay seems pretty dried up unless you want to shell out for a Northgate OmniKey. Maybe I'm just not searching for the right things.

When I decided to acquire blue Alps switches, it was about 3 years ago and there was nothing on ebay then, either.

I started watching for various donor keyboards, and it took me a year and a half to get one.

Then when I finally bought it, the seller reneged and I never got it.

Shortly afterwards, they started turning up a lot more frequently and with prices at the ~$100 level, the are sure to come around again.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #13171 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 17:36:16 »
Who here could I pay for PCB repair? I'm trying to swap out switches but this KBP V60 is so cheap that I keep pulling up pads and traces.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #13172 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 02:33:55 »
any one with a duck eagle notice when they type the number row leds slowly get dimmer and dimmer? Or know how to turn that off?

EDIT: I answered my own question. Its the LED Func settings!
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 September 2015, 02:41:40 by trees »
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #13173 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 10:42:47 »
Does anyone know what aluminum alloy the top case of the LZ-GH is? Thinking about reanodizing it :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline tintoret

« Reply #13174 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 16:17:58 »
Stuffed my v60 with drawer liner from and ACE and am loving it. Keystrokes feel more stable and there is definitely less ping. Because the V60 case has a ton of empty space (and I had the time to cut it) I ended up stuffing it full. Everything screwed in fine, but I figured I should ask for peace of mind--is there any risk that I'm not thinking of to using too much liner?

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #13175 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 16:28:28 »
Stuffed my v60 with drawer liner from and ACE and am loving it. Keystrokes feel more stable and there is definitely less ping. Because the V60 case has a ton of empty space (and I had the time to cut it) I ended up stuffing it full. Everything screwed in fine, but I figured I should ask for peace of mind--is there any risk that I'm not thinking of to using too much liner?
Do you mean stuffing drawer liner between the PCB and the bottom of case? I don't get why that makes keystroke more stable.
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline tintoret

« Reply #13176 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 16:32:35 »
Do you mean stuffing drawer liner between the PCB and the bottom of case? I don't get why that makes keystroke more stable.

Yeah, between the PCB and the case. No idea, might just my imagination prompted by the change in sound.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13177 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 17:31:02 »
Laying shelf liner down in flat sheets can be good. After the flat areas are piled as deep as they can reasonably be, there are numerous odd cavities.

I prefer to fill the cavities by cutting the pad into strips and rolling the strips into cylinders. You can fill any space by varying the length and width of the strip to produce the cylinder that you need.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #13178 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 17:42:57 »

I mean, there's probably always a limit to how much you can put in there... you shouldn't need to stand on your keyboard to get the pieces of the case to fit back together. But as long as the pressure is relatively even across the bottom of the PCB I can't see it hurting much. You'd probably know if you have too much in there.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Eugene45

« Reply #13179 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 03:41:29 »
Okay so i dont know if a topic is around to ask what is this keyboard but anyway :

Come by this yesterday :

ON his back :

MF2 LG FRA
S26381-K252-V140
5V DC 50 Ma

HOS 02

ID-NR
G4.F7

Made in Germany

On the right certification logo with

NRTL/C
LR92675

CE

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 09:58:59 by Eugene45 »

lmao, cut the French some slack, they gave you a big statue

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #13180 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 18:42:04 »
Okay so i dont know if a topic is around to ask what is this keyboard but anyway :

Come by this yesterday :

Show Image

ON his back :

MF2 LG FRA
S26381-K252-V140
5V DC 50 Ma

HOS 02

ID-NR
G4.F7

Made in Germany

On the right certification logo with

NRTL/C
LR92675

CE
those aren't MX nixxies

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #13181 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 22:12:27 »
So I am thinking of ordering a set of blank caps for my xtant project.  A couple of questions have risen.

With swapping which barrel the stabilizer insert is in, the Enter key be swapped with left shift?  The reason I ask is because the don't have the left ANSI shift listed in the color I want.  Every other key is available in that color, could just be a typo on the site though.  I will email them and ask about the missing color on Left ANSI shift.  If they don't, said question applies.  If it will physically work, is there even a pad under the other barrel to support this?

Also, ISO left shift is a 1.25, correct?
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 22:14:35 by Melvang »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #13182 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 22:38:06 »
So I am thinking of ordering a set of blank caps for my xtant project.  A couple of questions have risen.

With swapping which barrel the stabilizer insert is in, the Enter key be swapped with left shift?  The reason I ask is because the don't have the left ANSI shift listed in the color I want.  Every other key is available in that color, could just be a typo on the site though.  I will email them and ask about the missing color on Left ANSI shift.  If they don't, said question applies.  If it will physically work, is there even a pad under the other barrel to support this?

I don't know that understand the language for your first question -- it's probably just that I'm tired. On my M, the spacing does appear to be slightly different between the two stems on the ANSI left shift and ANSI enter. I cannot mount my ANSI enter upside-down in the left shift position, the key sticks when I attempt to do so.

You are correct about the size of the ISO left shift. The ANSI shift (2.25u) is split into the 1u extra key, and the 1.25u shift.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #13183 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 22:52:00 »

I don't know that understand the language for your first question -- it's probably just that I'm tired. On my M, the spacing does appear to be slightly different between the two stems on the ANSI left shift and ANSI enter. I cannot mount my ANSI enter upside-down in the left shift position, the key sticks when I attempt to do so.

You are correct about the size of the ISO left shift. The ANSI shift (2.25u) is split into the 1u extra key, and the 1.25u shift.

I believe you are thinking correctly.  The plan (if ANSI Left shift is not available in black) was to use an ANSI Enter key and just put the insert into the other barrel.  If this won't work, I will just suck it up and get one more ISO left shift and one more single unit key and do something with it.  Hopefully though, my ticket proves it was just an oversight on the web page.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #13184 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 10:32:54 »
Can someone tell me what degree angle the HHKB sits at without the feet extended?
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #13185 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 12:31:03 »
Ignore my question.  Unicomp got back to me.  The missing color on the site for ANSI left shift was an oversight and already fixed.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #13186 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 14:25:25 »
Cause for a single flickering LED in keyboard? Gonna try replacing LED + double check resistor, but it's weird. It's not a constant flicker, just once in a while, kinda like in horror movies lol
I love Elzy

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #13187 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 14:31:49 »
Cause for a single flickering LED in keyboard? Gonna try replacing LED + double check resistor, but it's weird. It's not a constant flicker, just once in a while, kinda like in horror movies lol

I had a flickering LED on one of my older customs, replaced the led and was good to go. If not, then the resistor like you said.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #13188 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 18:50:19 »
Can someone tell me what degree angle the HHKB sits at without the feet extended?

How can I measure the degree?
I don't have no special tool and don't know method to measure, but I have HHKB and some time today :D

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #13189 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 18:59:12 »

I don't have no special tool and don't know method to measure, but I have HHKB and some time today :D

Thank you! If you can tell met the height back corner (above the `~ key) and then the front (where the HHKB logo is) along with the length of that side of the case I can figure it out from there. Thank you so much! I've looked everywhere for this and can't find it. Perhaps my Google-fu is on the fritz. Maybe it is a reason to pick up a HHKB....
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #13190 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 19:13:35 »

You can use a ruler and right angle trig.  You would need to measure from the top back corner down the top face to the point where it meets the desk, this will be 'h'.  From that point on the top corner of the keyboard measure straight down to the desk, it is important that you have a right angle here to the desk, NOT down the back edge.  This will be 'I'

From here we use the following equation.  Using x as the angle.

Sin (x)=o/h
X =(o/h)sin^-1

Essentially the sin of the angle equals o/h so find that number and then the inverse sin of that numbe is the angle.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #13191 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 19:30:31 »

Thank you! If you can tell met the height back corner (above the `~ key) and then the front (where the HHKB logo is) along with the length of that side of the case I can figure it out from there. Thank you so much! I've looked everywhere for this and can't find it. Perhaps my Google-fu is on the fritz. Maybe it is a reason to pick up a HHKB....

hmm, my capliper job is fishy but..
height on back: 32.6mm
height on front: 19.1mm
length of side: 103.5mm(horizontal distance between two points above)

EDIT:
tan(x) = (32.6-19.1)/103.5 = 0.13043
tan-1(0.13043) = 7.431deg
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=arctan%28%2832.6-19.1%29%2F103.5%29

correct?
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:12:37 by hasu »

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #13192 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 19:42:59 »

hmm, my capliper job is fishy but..
height on back: 32.6mm
height on front: 19.1mm
length of side: 103.5mm(horizontal distance between two points above)

Sorry had a brain fart.  Here is the correct method.

110611-0

EDIT:  I was right the first time.  Use the same letters, but use sin instead of tan.  What I labeled A should have been H.  Sorry, its been a long day, and weekend.  Last weekend was 12 hour shifts on nights, then starting yesterday, it is 10 hour days with an hour and a half drive each way.

It is just simple right angle trig though.

Sin x = O/H
Cos x = A/H
Tan x =O/A

O is opposite
A is adjacent
H is hypotenuse
and x is the angle.

Opposite is the side at opposite the angle, adjacent is one side that forms the angle, and hypotenuse is the longest side of the right triangle.

Plug in any two and use algebra to find the other.

Funny plug from my millwright training, you can use weights instead of lengths when figuring sling stresses during rigging with multiple legs.  For example, you have two legs with 10 foot slings, they are 7 feet apart, if you know the weight of the part you are picking up, you can calculate the exact weight on each sling.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:08:47 by Melvang »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #13193 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:27:58 »
To measure opposite side was bit difficult.
EDIT: With Steel square it is easy.

In HHKB Pro2:
Hypotenuse = 252
Opposite = 32.6
sin(x) = 32.6/252
arcsin(32.6/252) = 7.433deg
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=arcsin%2832.6%2F252%29

In Poker X:
H = 280
O = 29
arcsin(29/280) = 5.945deg
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=arcsin%2829%2F280%29

Correct?
Hmm, these values are less than what I expected. I though they are around 10deg.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:31:25 by hasu »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #13194 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:35:42 »
I replaced the LED and it seems to be fine for now. Damn China QC T_T
I love Elzy

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #13195 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:38:43 »

Cool, JD told me about another brand from eBay, ICTouch or something, they're better quality..

TP4 probably owns the factory you got your leds from.. ;D

http://stores.ebay.com/IC-Touch-Store/LEDs-/_i.html?_fsub=2767254013&_sid=1028435323&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #13196 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:57:35 »
To measure opposite side was bit difficult.
EDIT: With Steel square it is easy.

In HHKB Pro2:
Hypotenuse = 252
Opposite = 32.6
sin(x) = 32.6/252
arcsin(32.6/252) = 7.433deg
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=arcsin%2832.6%2F252%29

In Poker X:
H = 280
O = 29
arcsin(29/280) = 5.945deg
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=arcsin%2829%2F280%29

Correct?
Hmm, these values are less than what I expected. I though they are around 10deg.

Looks right to me

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #13197 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:58:45 »

Cool, JD told me about another brand from eBay, ICTouch or something, they're better quality..

TP4 probably owns the factory you got your leds from.. ;D

http://stores.ebay.com/IC-Touch-Store/LEDs-/_i.html?_fsub=2767254013&_sid=1028435323&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

they don't seem to have sky blue :(

I got mine from aliexpress.
I love Elzy

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #13198 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 21:12:24 »
So what metal cases are compatible with the KB Paradise V60 Matias?  I just got mine today and I'm liking it.  I'm thinking that I be liking it more if I had a metal case.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #13199 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 23:57:03 »
So what metal cases are compatible with the KB Paradise V60 Matias?  I just got mine today and I'm liking it.  I'm thinking that I be liking it more if I had a metal case.

Hope you don't ever plan to switch swap, mine is a nightmare... Anywho, from what I've seen the Poker cases are all compatible with the V60 but the DIP switches are slightly covered by the metal cases.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170