Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8670934 times)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #15650 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 04:27:49 »
Ok, I've decided if I don't hear anything by July 14th I am going to file a claim with Paypal. That's right on the cusp on the 180 day limit and I'm living hand to mouth here. As much as I love CC's designs and artistry I simply cannot afford to toss money into the void. It's upsetting that this even has to be a condition to plan for.

Of course I'd rather have the Clacks, I adore Clacks and any chance to get one is a treat, but the combination of time and not knowing is starting to outweigh my appreciation for his craftsmanship. I sincerely hope it doesn't come down to that though because I really want more skull buddies to keep my fingers company. :(
I can pay you 50$ at july and you can return it when you get your clack.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15651 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 04:44:31 »
Ok, I've decided if I don't hear anything by July 14th I am going to file a claim with Paypal. That's right on the cusp on the 180 day limit and I'm living hand to mouth here. As much as I love CC's designs and artistry I simply cannot afford to toss money into the void. It's upsetting that this even has to be a condition to plan for.

Of course I'd rather have the Clacks, I adore Clacks and any chance to get one is a treat, but the combination of time and not knowing is starting to outweigh my appreciation for his craftsmanship. I sincerely hope it doesn't come down to that though because I really want more skull buddies to keep my fingers company. :(

As was said by others, I'd pay you for the ticket as I only got one win(JD day, was one of the last few before JD)
"Only got one win"
 :'(

If anyone should be sold to, it should be either someone clackless or didn't get in..

I said the same in my mind thing when I saw that earlier.

Only one win!? You guys are funny.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15652 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 05:09:54 »
Must we come down to Pay Pal dispute? Someone send CC a snail mail or something.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15653 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 05:18:03 »
Must we come down to Pay Pal dispute? Someone send CC a snail mail or something.

To be fair, it would come down to that with anyone else. You can't just keep letting someone get away with not giving you any information on a product you were promised. It seems like people are just so lenient with CC because:

A) You really want a damn keycap

B) You like him (And know that he isn't a "fraud")

C) You're patient because you know he has personal issues: sickness, minor ailments, etc.

Yea those are great things. But as you see, some people are starting to get really annoyed about it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15654 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 05:27:32 »
CC was last online about a month ago.

I hope he hasn't had to go back to hospital!

If he has, it would definitely explain why he is not around, and a PayPal dispute would be unlikely to get his attention in that situation either.

He'll let us know.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #15655 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 05:36:34 »
I never thought I'd see the day...

losing faith... tisk tisk
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #15656 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 05:42:27 »
Would be the first time I get a clack something happens XD

Well I'll just keep on waiting I would recommend others to do so, but try sell the ticket please instead of filing a claim as claiming could screw everyone over if his paypal gets locked :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #15657 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 05:48:18 »
Witch hunts, My favorite!
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 May 2015, 05:51:31 by Air tree »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15658 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 05:57:57 »
Witch hunts, My favorite!
Show Image

Did the Simpsons do an episode about keycaps?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15659 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:04:35 »
I'm still not understanding why people are just so cool with allowing this kind of behavior? This is a bad way to handle business transactions. Frankly, I think it's irresponsible to take a large amount of money from a group of people and be, essentially, silent for long periods.

If you are prone to illness, have a system in which a friend/partner will be able to communicate with your buyers instead of leaving them in the dark.

Seriously, if this was anyone else, most people would be raging and wondering about the status of their purchase.

I'm not saying CC is a bad person, I don't even know the man; however, I don't think this should be disregarded so lightly. If people are sick of waiting, then they should be able to ask for their money back, or at least, a response of some kind.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15660 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:08:21 »
CC has done a lot for GH.  He is talented, busy, and generous, albeit somewhat randomly.

It is very much unlike him to disappear like this, especially when he has a sale on, or is processing the results of a sale.

Which makes me think that something is really wrong.  He even dropped out in the middle of the Radnelac to to to hospital - not a good sign, and definitely not something he would do deliberately.

He has never failed to come through in the past, usually with something pleasantly unexpected.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #15661 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:10:47 »
Wonder how many people have already claimed with PayPal and how it went. Surely people have done it and kept quiet out of fear of public persecution.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #15662 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:13:07 »
Which makes me think that something is really wrong.  He even dropped out in the middle of the Radnelac to to to hospital - not a good sign, and definitely not something he would do deliberately.

This. Last year in this time range he did 4:20, EDD, cancelled on the "cocktail" themed sale, and then did 4th of July. 4:20 and July 4th were the 2 consistent (for years) sales, so if he doesn't show in the next month, something is seriously wrong.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15663 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:16:54 »
CC has done a lot for GH.  He is talented, busy, and generous, albeit somewhat randomly.

It is very much unlike him to disappear like this, especially when he has a sale on, or is processing the results of a sale.

He has never failed to come through in the past, usually with something pleasantly unexpected.

As I said, it's not good for your reputation and can really make the community restless.

I have nothing to lose, so don't think of me as a ticket holder raging. I've just been observing. If anything I hope nothing bad has happened, however that is extremely careless not to have a system in place.

Wonder how many people have already claimed with PayPal and how it went. Surely people have done it and kept quiet out of fear of public persecution.

And this is sad, because it should not have to come down to either of those scenarios. People shouldn't have to ask for refunds because of a silent seller. People shouldn't have to be scared to post about how they are going to try and open a dispute.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #15664 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:41:45 »
Clack's been doing sales for years and years on GH and through EK. He sold a lot of clacks on clackvent but he must have sold far, far more in the past.

I don't understand why people are worrying. Do you really think that clack would scam people out of their money after all his years of work? I don't, and I can't understand why anyone would think that.

Clack mentioned being in the hospital. It's quite possible that he's had to return, which would explain the halt in clackvent shipments.

I would just suggest that everyone sit tight and wait. Don't worry about not getting your stuff. I know I'm not.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #15665 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:55:11 »
Clack's been doing sales for years and years on GH and through EK. He sold a lot of clacks on clackvent but he must have sold far, far more in the past.

I don't understand why people are worrying. Do you really think that clack would scam people out of their money after all his years of work? I don't, and I can't understand why anyone would think that.

Clack mentioned being in the hospital. It's quite possible that he's had to return, which would explain the halt in clackvent shipments.

I would just suggest that everyone sit tight and wait. Don't worry about not getting your stuff. I know I'm not.

this

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #15666 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 07:16:32 »

this
Keep the faith brothers!!!

Snoopy... do you really need two kish's???  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #15667 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 07:47:44 »
Yep, doing the PayPal dispute is just going to distract him from doing what he needs to be doing (whether it's health, work, personal, or keycaps).

I get what you guys are saying, but ever since I've been here he's been completely reliable.

I urge you to have patience and just put the issue out of your mind. If you need the money back for financial reasons, just say so and I'm sure someone will buy your ticket from you. Or give you a loan.

I just said this to someone in a PM. I think you guys would really regret it in the end of you went the PayPal dispute route.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15668 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:27:06 »
If you all recall, he showed up every day of the Clackvent - even when there were days which we thought he was too busy but he still turned up at that last minute just before midnight.

And he turned up during 420 because it was, you know, tradition.

He was totally reliable - unless circumstances beyond him (such as hospitalized during a couple of Clackvent days)

I believe something must have gone terribly wrong. As for setting up a system to get the communications going, perhaps he's single?

Hang on guys.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #15669 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:31:28 »
If you all recall, he showed up every day of the Clackvent - even when there were days which we thought he was too busy but he still turned up at that last minute just before midnight.

And he turned up during 420 because it was, you know, tradition.

He was totally reliable - unless circumstances beyond him (such as hospitalized during a couple of Clackvent days)

I believe something must have gone terribly wrong. As for setting up a system to get the communications going, perhaps he's single?

Hang on guys.
Also his last words where to make us tear our hair out, maybe is a big joke? :p Just hope he's okay might be worth someone finding out as I know some of you know his actual name due to the other art he does, just to check he's okay.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #15670 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:41:37 »

If you're living this tight, is it responsible to be purchasing clacks anyway?

Better to just sell your ticket to someone else instead of ****ing all of us over by possibly getting cc's PayPal locked.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #15671 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:42:42 »

I think that a lot of people have a lot of anxiety in the unknowing. My guess is that if CC made a post saying it would be another 3 months until all the orders are filled people would be OK with that.

For perspective, how long would you wait until you started worrying?

My original thought for this post was a lot more contrary but I decided that it is not helpful. From past experiences with CC, I am sure there is a reason and I am sure he will follow through. It is understandable though that people are anxious because they paid a lot of money for something with no clear indication when it will come.
RETIRED

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #15672 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:48:14 »

Better to just sell your ticket to someone else instead of ****ing all of us over by possibly getting cc's PayPal locked.
I think most people can imagine better things to do with ~$100 than an unintentional donation, despite circumstances.

Holding out for ~5 months is very generous compared to patience for almost any other transaction.
RETIRED

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #15673 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:50:27 »
For perspective, how long would you wait until you started worrying?
Perhaps I could've worded it better.

I'm not worried about not getting my clacks because CC is scamming us.. I don't understand why anyone would worry about this. I don't understand why anyone would consider doing a chargeback. I will never worry about this even after years have passed, unless it becomes clear that something dodgy is going on (e.g CC starts visiting the forum again, does not post, does not ship out any more clacks).

However, I am worried about CC himself and will continue to do so until he makes a post. I hope that he is OK. I think other people should be worrying about this too. However, if CC is unwell chargebacks won't help anyone.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:54:44 by Photekq »
github

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #15674 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:55:39 »

I think that a lot of people have a lot of anxiety in the unknowing. My guess is that if CC made a post saying it would be another 3 months until all the orders are filled people would be OK with that.

Call me a pessimist, but doesn't someone who spent a week in hospital then disappeared have a possibility of being six feet under?  Can't call it a scam but I wouldn't mind my money back from paypal if he is.  I couldn't, even unknowingly, sell something that isn't coming.

Unless all those who are still calmly saying it will be OK are in on some hair-tearing scheme testing us newbies? :triangle:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #15675 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 09:33:10 »
Relax guys, he is just pulling a dubs. Billnye will come soon and sort everything out
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15676 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 09:50:55 »

Yes. Anyone living paycheck to paycheck needs to stay away from this hobby.

And I honestly could care less about the money at this point, I'm more concerned about CC.

I've got hundreds of dollars in group buys that have no indication of when they will deliver, this is a drop in the bucket.

And noisy, why not put spumoni on ebay you'll make 10x what you paid for clackvent.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #15677 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 11:02:34 »
And noisy, why not put spumoni on ebay you'll make 10x what you paid for clackvent.
This 100% if you are in need of the money as you have said multiple times in other threads do that, pretty sure you will get a crap load for it
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15678 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 12:37:35 »
Relax guys, he is just pulling a dubs. Billnye will come soon and sort everything out
I like this
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #15679 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 12:43:24 »
I hope clickclack is okay

I like to watch absyrd squirm during a sale

>:D
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #15680 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 12:44:04 »
I like this
Sounds good to me ;D

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #15681 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 13:05:05 »
I like this
Sounds good to me ;D

1 for you
2 for me
1 for you
3 for me
1 for you
1 for me

Do it bill!
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15682 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 14:03:46 »

Yes. Anyone living paycheck to paycheck needs to stay away from this hobby.

And I honestly could care less about the money at this point, I'm more concerned about CC.

I've got hundreds of dollars in group buys that have no indication of when they will deliver, this is a drop in the bucket.

It's not about the money, I just don't like getting ripped off. And the only four reasons I can think of why someone would cease all communication after taking sales money from a group of people are:

Death
Jail
Kidnapping
Running with the money

It's 2015. Who can't find 2 minutes to get to an internet and just tell people that their investments are safe? No one would do that, it makes zero sense. And as it was mentioned CC went out of his way for 2 months, even when he was fairly certain he couldn't make it, and yet still managed to make it onto GH and post. There's no logical reason and I think you guys are putting far too much faith in CC. This is extremely unprofessional, and made even worse that not a single person can even get in contact with him. What would you have me believe?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #15683 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 14:07:13 »
It's not about the money

I'm living hand to mouth here. As much as I love CC's designs and artistry I simply cannot afford to toss money into the void.

github

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15684 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 14:09:59 »
It's not about the money

I'm living hand to mouth here. As much as I love CC's designs and artistry I simply cannot afford to toss money into the void.

What, you don't have hobbies? After work am I supposed to come home and sit in the middle of my room in the dark? Psh.

And did you ever think that situations change for people? Maybe I was flushed with cash this winter and living well, and as seasons change I'm getting less work? Hmmm?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #15685 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 14:11:05 »
It's not about the money, I just don't like getting ripped off. And the only four reasons I can think of why someone would cease all communication after taking sales money from a group of people are:

Death
Jail
Kidnapping
Running with the money

It's 2015. Who can't find 2 minutes to get to an internet and just tell people that their investments are safe? No one would do that, it makes zero sense. And as it was mentioned CC went out of his way for 2 months, even when he was fairly certain he couldn't make it, and yet still managed to make it onto GH and post. There's no logical reason and I think you guys are putting far too much faith in CC. This is extremely unprofessional, and made even worse that not a single person can even get in contact with him. What would you have me believe?

I had to strike "Running with the money" off your list. It makes no sense. It is more lucrative AND fulfilling to continue his side project/passion/art/business.

And, you are right... it takes 2 seconds to check in. Hence, something is wrong with him.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15686 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 14:12:49 »
LOL
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #15687 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 14:13:31 »
What, you don't have hobbies? After work am I supposed to come home and sit in the middle of my room in the dark? Psh.

And did you ever think that situations change for people? Maybe I was flushed with cash this winter and living well, and as seasons change I'm getting less work? Hmmm?
I'm not saying you shouldn't have spent the money. I'm not saying that your situation hasn't changed. I'm saying that clearly money is a factor, which contradicts what you said. That's all.
github

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #15688 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 14:49:56 »
Couple reasons why im unsettled,

1. No responses or updates from CC, seriously an "im alive" would suffice. He followed Clackvent every single day until it was over and then disappeared.

2. People saying i am impatient. I didnt sign up for a groupbuy, i paid for keycaps and CC altered the date from a week after payment, to after clackvent is over, to ???. When CC was communicating with the community on dates nobody had an issue.

3. Taking the money and not invoicing. Why would he take the money for caps he didnt have on hand to send out. Im assuming they arent made yet because of how few were sent out already. CC thermal prints and could have the post office show up and scoop all 200 packages and mail them for him if the caps were already made.

But yes my main issue, is the lack of communication. Alot happens in 4+ months (moving,mail theft,etc) and nobody is getting answers from him trying to change there address's.

/rant

don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #15689 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 14:54:29 »

1. No responses or updates from CC, seriously an "im alive" would suffice. He followed Clackvent every single day until it was over and then disappeared.

2. People saying i am impatient. I didnt sign up for a groupbuy, i paid for keycaps and CC altered the date from a week after payment, to after clackvent is over, to ???. When CC was communicating with the community on dates nobody had an issue.

3. Taking the money and not invoicing. Why would he take the money for caps he didnt have on hand to send out. Im assuming they arent made yet because of how few were sent out already. CC thermal prints and could have the post office show up and scoop all 200 packages and mail them for him if the caps were already made.

But yes my main issue, is the lack of communication. Alot happens in 4+ months (moving,mail theft,etc) and nobody is getting answers from him trying to change there address's.

/rant

the problem on this, is lot of people (myself included) will accept that just to get one piece of rarity.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #15690 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 15:01:39 »

/rant

the problem on this, is lot of people (myself included) will accept that just to get one piece of rarity.

I understand completely, its a ****ty situation.

I know i spent my days off work locked to my PC camping the CV thread to get a reply in. For 2 months i stalked it,

And not being able to get an update after investing all that time and passion to grab a piece of clack grail is giving me mixed emotions
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 May 2015, 15:03:32 by PunksDead »
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #15691 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 15:09:10 »

/rant

I know i spent my days off work locked to my PC camping the CV thread to get a reply in. For 2 months i stalked it,

And not being able to get an update after investing all that time and passion to grab a piece of clack grail is giving me mixed emotions
I was really sad when I decided not to participate in the Clackvent sales. I has a lot going on for work and realized I would probably A) not get in and B) not do work for 2 months. The few clacks that have came out of it though have been awesome though.
RETIRED

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15692 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 16:34:15 »

/rant

Man it would be so easy to scam GH. I'm actually surprised it doesn't have more often.

If you dudes want to file a claim with paypal, why don't you? **** what everybody else is saying.

CC has been legit for years, but if you don't feel like waiting anymore just file it already. Less talking and more doing.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #15693 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 17:22:26 »

/rant

Man it would be so easy to scam GH. I'm actually surprised it doesn't have more often.

If you dudes want to file a claim with paypal, why don't you? **** what everybody else is saying.

CC has been legit for years, but if you don't feel like waiting anymore just file it already. Less talking and more doing.

Why, because I think in the end I'll get what I paid for. Like I said previously, the man isn't speaking but we don't know why. Maybe the incident he had during clackvent is very serious and his health is a bigger concern that plastic caps. Or maybe he left the country with the cash he made out of clackvent. We don't know.

But on GH, no updates is generally a bad sign.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
Clack Therapy
« Reply #15694 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:19:22 »
So, I came upon this thread which was a great read, btw
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=10347.0

and in that thread, back in 2010, CC said:

Quote from: audioave10;192377
I hope your chest injury is not severe...

Well it didn't look that bad! =S haahaa
I had a broken sternum from a car accident a while ago, and I am having chronic problems unfortunately as a result =(
Though recently (crosses fingers) its seems to be getting a tiny bit better.

It's not new news but chronic sounds serious and very long term. So, perhaps this problem reoccur and he was hospitalize under some care and just couldn't get online to post. I mean, maybe he did get a phone to talk to someone but I bet talking about GH or even thinking about his business would probably be the last thing on his mind, if he's in a dire situation.

Hey, anyone asked Brian of EK? He might know what happened or shed some light.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 May 2015, 19:17:57 by Belfong »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15695 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 22:04:53 »
Man, as someone who suffers from a serious chronic issue myself (though not life-threatening like him), I feel for the clack man.

Prayers for CC!
I'm back.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #15696 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 23:24:12 »

I honestly camped that thread so much it actually affected my health. It didn't matter to me at the time because I just wanted to get a spot in the sale but now it's like why did I bother.

Definite mixed emotions. In saying that I sincerely hope CC is okay, if it's out of his control then I understand.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #15697 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 23:25:52 »
He also has a number attached to his Paypal but I don't think its a good idea to call him...

Honestly I agree it is very fishy that he suddenly dropped contact even though he was very active during pretty much majority of the ClackEvent. Makes me worry something really did happen to him.

CC update us!

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #15698 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 07:37:06 »
I honestly camped that thread so much it actually affected my health. It didn't matter to me at the time because I just wanted to get a spot in the sale but now it's like why did I bother.

Definite mixed emotions. In saying that I sincerely hope CC is okay, if it's out of his control then I understand.

Pretty sure my wife considered divorcing me more than once because of clackvent  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15699 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 07:56:17 »

Pretty sure my wife considered divorcing me more than once because of clackvent  :))

#clackwidow
I'm back.