Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2015 - Week 16 - Chip who? And BUELLER WINS IN THE PLAYOFFS!  (Read 147550 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 - Stop changing team names plz
« Reply #850 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 06:55:51 »
Alright, startin the season off with a W

Same

Only because that Giant's defender stepped out at the 1. I would have had like 30+ points out of my defense. :(

Well, I've still got two Eagles to finish my points, and god knows the Eagles hate me specifically...

Also, I think Mariota might be worth starting... Especially with Kendall Wright stepping up. He seemed really good IMO.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 - Mariota > Winston
« Reply #851 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 07:26:52 »
Also, I think Mariota might be worth starting... Especially with Kendall Wright stepping up. He seemed really good IMO.

Yeah, for next week, I think I will bench the geriatric and start the rookie.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 - Stop changing team names plz
« Reply #852 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 08:09:23 »
I will be eating my words and crying in a corner early next week!

For my sake, I hope you are.  :))

:P

Hnggggg so close! Now whete's that corner...

A couple of surprises this week for sure. Trees being let down badly by the Texans defense is the one that comes to mind other than Alex Smith.

And the Houff done good this week. Unfortunately for the Redskins anyway... Like they say, you should probably start the QB who is playing the Redskins. Just like you should start RBs that play the Colts it would seem.

God the Texans, Why you gotta play me like that. My whole team in general greatly under preformed earning less than half the projected numbers. Wilson got beat out by Foles my bench QB. Gore got less points than all of my other RBs.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 - CHECK YOUR LINEUPS
« Reply #853 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 08:10:54 »
I will be eating my words and crying in a corner early next week!

For my sake, I hope you are.  :))

:P

Hnggggg so close! Now whete's that corner...

Whew!  :))  My TV crapped out yesterday (just the connection, not the actual TV) so I missed a lot of the action.  :(

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #854 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 03:27:46 »
Jesus christ my team did **** this week. Only player to get double digit points were my Dolphins defense, everyone else sucked a bag of ****s.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline R1N3

« Reply #855 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 03:40:56 »
Jesus christ my team did **** this week. Only player to get double digit points were my Dolphins defense, everyone else sucked a bag of ****s.
Lol **** went nuts this weekend! Some really good games and some God ****ing awful games

Hyde might be sleeper of the year, he really turned it on tonite in the second half

Good for him :)
Bad for my winrate

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #856 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 03:47:42 »
At least the 9ers won!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 - Hoff Heads the field
« Reply #857 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 08:22:32 »
:eek:  My name is in the thread title.  :eek:

Now we know something's wrong. :))

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #858 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 08:27:21 »
Good game, TJ. Congrats on the win. It was definitely a close one.

I was very wrong to put faith in Peyton Manning, it seems. We shall see what the rest of the season holds, but it's looking like Mariota for me for now, at least. And I absolutely got screwed by the incompetent Eli Manning with his instruction to Rashad Jennings not to score when they had the opportunity. What an idiot! The guy isn't even on my fantasy team, and he blew it for me! Looks like my luck with anyone named Manning is going to be terrible.

But at least my 'Boys won! How 'bout them Cowboys!

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #859 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 08:28:22 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #860 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:30:58 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2015, 01:17:08 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #861 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:40:24 »

God im right there with you. Was projected to get around 125 ended with only 58, dead last.

(Texans, REALLY ONLY 2 POINTS?!??!???!?)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #862 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 18:51:00 »
Oh and how could I forget, my boy Dez, my pride and joy, breaks his foot in the frickin first week...

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #863 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 05:44:57 »
OK, for various reasons this it the third FOURTH time I've written this. So here it goes.

Week one is over. We have our winners and losers. I have also decided to give out some awards this season, and if you would like to think of
ones that we could give out, that would be much appreciated. To get us going I have come up with three.

The first award is for Hottest Bench Warmer. This week it goes to pr0ximity for keeping Tom Brady on the bench. Whether it was his love
of Southern, denim wearing gunslingers, or his unwavering faith towards Roger Goodell, the 11.21 points that Brady scored over Drew Brees would have won him his week one matchup against Hoff. He also left Danny Woodhead on the bench, who scored more than his two starting RBs combined...

The second award will go to the Unluckiest Team which this week was Trees. The stomping from The Paul Blort Meme Cops came due to some very poor performances across the board. The Texans were all fingers and thumbs, with the defence doing poorly, and Alfred Blue scoring less than 5 points. The Colts running game stalled as well and Frank Gore only managed 31 yards all game. He had no chance against the Legion of Boom, Jamaal Charles and Matt Ryan.

As for the Luckiest Team award, that is going to Boost. Mike Evans was a game time decision who was placed on IR instead of taking
part in the loss to the Titans, and Sammy Watkins couldn't catch a pass to save his life. However, mammoth performances from Phillip Rivers, Matt Forte and Carlos Hyde, who put up a combined 77 points between them, meant that he beat R1N3's 4th and 45g LUBED by less than 6 points.

Now for the week's other matchups.

My Keycool Kats have started the week off with a bang after beating Absyrd's ALPSholes 93-83. Big Ben got the Kats off to a good start against the Patriots, and number one pick Eddie Lacy put up a solid 16 points to bring them up to 75 points at the end of Sunday night. Even the combined 32 points from absyrd's Giants team of their defence and kicker Josh Brown couldn't make up for a poor performance from Greg Olsen and Odell Beckham, and Darren Sproles put the matchup out of reach with 12.6 points against the Falcons.

Things are not looking good for bueller, after only his defence managed to get into double points this week. With his star players all falling well short of predicted numbers, there was little chance he could compete against demik's Auto-drafted Allstars (now there's a team name) what with A-Rod and Gronk scoring well over 20 points each. Even backup Teddy Bridgewater couldn't score a decent amount of points, as the options for bueller are looking thin. Maybe the pickup of James Jones from the Packers (you bastard) can help him win his matchup next week against me (no chance)!

The closest game this week was between TJ and JD, with the lead changing hands three times on Monday night. The night began with TJ trailing 70.8-82.2 after great showings from Chris Ivory and Travis Kelce. However, with a runaway performance by Julio Jones and ten points from Jordan Matthews pushed him past JD. Old man Peyton seems to be staying a season too long, and maybe the rookie Marcus Mariota is a better start next week for JD, and the NFL.com score predictions put him ahead by just 1.12 points.

Injury reports for this week include Desean Jackson from the Redskins, and Dez Bryant from the Cowboys. Both equally important injuries for both teams, although DJax is probably going to be back in action sooner than Bryant and his broken foot.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #864 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 10:56:14 »
Nice write-up.  :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #865 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 11:14:33 »
Nice write-up.  :)

Thanks dude :) I will try and do one every week. I have noticed that the NFL does an automated one, but I was hoping to add a bit more depth with this.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #866 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 15:06:09 »
I love this little round up. Very cool :p

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #867 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 16:58:18 »
Also, after that poor ass performance, and the miserable state of Texans RB's while foster is out, i dropped blue immediately and scooped up rookie David Johnson. 

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #868 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 18:40:25 »
Also, after that poor ass performance, and the miserable state of Texans RB's while foster is out, i dropped blue immediately and scooped up rookie David Johnson. 

If you need a RB, I'd trade you Ryan Mathews for, say...Edelman?

in memoriam

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #869 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 18:51:05 »
Nice writeup kat! You're spot-on, I just love a denim-wearing Southern man who can handle his pigskin.

More
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #870 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 05:20:12 »
Nice writeup kat! You're spot-on, I just love a denim-wearing Southern man who can handle his pigskin.

More
Show Image

LMAO. I love watching the American adverts in the football. Like that Matthew McConnahey one with the Lincoln. It's weird as hell.

Speaking of curses, is it too early to start talking about the Madden curse? OBJ wasn't great this week...

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #871 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 05:29:16 »
They doubled OBJ, Randle's knees are ****, and Preston Parker dropped like 5 balls. Cruz (hopefully) coming back should help.

And, yeah, those McCaughnehey (sp?) commercials are terrible. Almost wipes out his great performance in True Detective.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #872 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 08:57:47 »
And, yeah, those McCaughnehey (sp?) commercials are terrible. Almost wipes out his great performance in True Detective.

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

in memoriam

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #873 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 11:08:32 »

If you need a RB, I'd trade you Ryan Mathews for, say...Edelman?

Nah, i think i should be alright this week. Making a few lineup changes. Getting some rookies out there who are estimated to put out some better numbers this week. Currently im projected to beat out Proximity by ~10 points.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #874 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 19:56:10 »
Nah, i think i should be alright this week. Making a few lineup changes. Getting some rookies out there who are estimated to put out some better numbers this week. Currently im projected to beat out Proximity by ~10 points.

I eat projections for breakfast

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #875 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 22:55:08 »
How the hell does a defense score 27 fantasy points? I'll just concede right now. Good pick, hwood.

in memoriam

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #876 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 04:17:42 »
Dammit.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #877 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 05:00:11 »
How the hell does a defense score 27 fantasy points? I'll just concede right now. Good pick, hwood.

Hey... mine did last week and I still lost. Nevar give up!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #878 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 18:59:38 »
;D
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #879 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 08:49:27 »
Well this was a fun week, and for the first time in a while i actually sat and watched football on a sunday. (Apparently i get all game free through verizon?)

Who was your 'break out player' this week?

Any Benched heartbreaks?

Any players not do as well as you expected?

My break out this week was my flex spot Allen Robinson. I watched a chunk of this game and it was clear he was one of the favorite passing targets, i know hes not going to always put up such crazy numbers but it was damn fun to watch.

Depending on how Gore does this week, I missed out on 14 points from RB Giovani Bernard, who was only projected to get around 3 pts.

And for me, once again this week the Texans defense got hammered on Only getting 4 points. Only other person I was hoping would take more charge was Agholor, but the eagles didnt have a great game in general.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #880 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 09:57:49 »
What the **** happened.

I've not watched any of the games, but my top two picks got me a grand total of 2 points.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #881 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 12:11:43 »
What the **** happened.

I've not watched any of the games, but my top two picks got me a grand total of 2 points.

You know you've had a bad day in fantasy land when your kicker gets you the most points.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #882 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 15:28:57 »
What the **** happened.

You know you've had a bad day in fantasy land when your kicker gets you the most points.

Over fifteen times more than the number one draft pick. And almost half my total points.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #883 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 18:54:00 »
I'm destroyed, morally and otherwise.

At least Brady is keeping my chin up. Brady, you beautiful, beautiful man, you.

Garbage all around otherwise.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #884 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 19:11:20 »
2-0 yeet
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #885 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 19:26:15 »
2-0 yeet
Hey, my kicker and RB could combine for 53 points tonight... :'(

in memoriam

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

Offline R1N3

« Reply #887 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 19:40:57 »
I'm destroyed, morally and otherwise.

At least Brady is keeping my chin up. Brady, you beautiful, beautiful man, you.

Garbage all around otherwise.
Strictly garbage all around over here lol

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 - Literally the worst week ever
« Reply #888 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 20:39:35 »
Come on Eric Decker, only need 600 yards or a **** ton of TDs to win this week.

He is currently my top scorer.

Edit: and currently being assessed for a knee injury D':
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 22:24:56 by katushkin »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #889 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 04:32:11 »
I had this week easy after the 1 o'clock. Then luck only gets 8 pts while I slept last night. Ughhhh. 

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #890 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 13:54:23 »
I had this week easy after the 1 o'clock. Then luck only gets 8 pts while I slept last night. Ughhhh.

Yeah, the Jets were all over the Colts last night. It was pretty amazing how bad they were.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #891 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 14:10:07 »

Yeah, the Jets were all over the Colts last night. It was pretty amazing how bad they were.
I don't wanna fantasize on this planet anymore...

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #892 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 14:13:42 »

Gore getting me a whole 4 points. woo lol.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #893 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 14:35:51 »
Who was your 'break out player' this week?

Any Benched heartbreaks?

Any players not do as well as you expected?

My break out this week was my flex spot Allen Robinson. I watched a chunk of this game and it was clear he was one of the favorite passing targets, i know hes not going to always put up such crazy numbers but it was damn fun to watch.

Depending on how Gore does this week, I missed out on 14 points from RB Giovani Bernard, who was only projected to get around 3 pts.

And for me, once again this week the Texans defense got hammered on Only getting 4 points. Only other person I was hoping would take more charge was Agholor, but the eagles didnt have a great game in general.

I missed this, but I like it.

My breakout player was a tie between Steve Smith and Big Ben. Who are both tied for the same point when it comes to bench heartbreakers.

Alex smith, Jimmy Graham and Eddie Lacy all did worse than expected. And Darren Sproles. And Joique Bell. Everyone other than Eric and Justin Tucker.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #894 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 18:45:09 »
Week two. Wow, week two. Where to begin?

Luckiest team. Initially I wanted to give it to Boost again. Both Mike Evans and Coby Fleener scored zero points. Carlos Hydea also only scored a distinctly average 6.1 points. However, 12 points from Sammy Watkins and an outstanding showing from the Cardinals defence resulted in a three point victory over Absyrd.

However, looking at Hoff's matchup with R1N3, it was clear that everybody's favourite mod was equally lucky in his matchup this week. Andre Ellington was carted off injured against the Bears and scored zilch. Jeff Hill had 41 combined yards against the Chargers, but lost two fumbles, meaning he only scored 0.1 point. But, to the rescue came Ryan Tannehill, Antonio Brown and the Patriots defence, and he ended up ahead by over 20 points. So I think I will award it to Hoff this week.

Unluckiest team. Of course I would like to give it to myself. Eddie Lacy. Pulled for a suspected sprained ankle. Joique Bell. Only 18 combined yards. Alshon Jeffery. Game time decision that went the wrong way. Jimmy Graham. Just 11 receiving yards. Twenty eight TEs have more receiving yards than Jimmy so far this season. And then Darren Sproles. -4 rushing yards. 23 receiving yards. Those five players combined for 4.7 points. FOUR POINT SEVEN.

However, I'm not going to give myself the award unless you guys think I am deserving of it, so I have come up with another contender. And that is pr0ximity. Even with a negative point score from Keenan Allen, and poor showings from CJ Anderson and Eddie Royal, Tom Brady threw for 466 yards, and 3 TDs, racking up 33.24 points passing Big Ben for points scored, and Danny Woodhead had a decent game against the Bengals as well. But even that wasn't good enough to beat Trees massive scores from Allen Robinson and Julian Edelman. He ended up losing by almost 56 points.

In the last two matchups, Hwood carried on his dominance with a 121-76 win over JD. Only two of his players didn't score double points, and with the Broncos defence scoring 27 and Matt Ryan scoring 18, his victors was never in doubt. He now heads the table on points scored, overtaking Hoff by 11 points.

In the final matchup, Demik and TJ faced off. Naturally, the duo of A Rod and Gronk gave TJ no realistic chance, especially with Larry Fitzgerald getting over 29 points with 3 TDs against the Bears. With zero points coming from the Ravens defence, and only 62 combined yards from Marshawn Lynch, TJ lost by just over 23 points.

This week means that R1N3, absyrd, JD and pr0ximity fall to 0-2. Hwood, Hoff, Demik and Boost are all undefeated, and Hwood leads the field.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 - Week 2 - Literally the worst week ever
« Reply #895 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 10:25:48 »
i h8 bost

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #896 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 10:55:08 »
Been super lazy with everything this week, only just got internet connected at my house today! Gonna have to step it up a notch :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #897 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 03:08:47 »

:'(

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #898 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 05:07:11 »
38 pts out of my Big Blue boys. Sad that we kick so many field goals instead of TDs, but it is good for my FFL.

Hoff's perfect record is getting broken this week.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #899 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:21:09 »
Insane lineup tinkering occurring on my team now, this is brutal. WHO DO YOU START WHEN YOU CAN DEPEND ON NO ONE?!