Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2015 - Week 16 - Chip who? And BUELLER WINS IN THE PLAYOFFS!  (Read 147318 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 - Week 5 - Still no win for the Lions.
« Reply #1000 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 08:51:36 »
Well, holy crap. I finally won one.

Here's hoping I can crush that win streak this coming weekend.  >:D

Like you need another win, 4-2.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1001 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 08:58:31 »

Hey, I think we should all team up against hwood.  Forget our petty rivalry, that guy's killing us all!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1002 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 09:06:08 »

Hey, I think we should all team up against hwood.  Forget our petty rivalry, that guy's killing us all!

At least he can't rely on racking up points from his Broncos defense and kicker this week. That should help pr0ximity. But still, it's going to take some real luck to knock hwood off the top spot.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1003 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 14:58:57 »

At least he can't rely on racking up points from his Broncos defense and kicker this week. That should help pr0ximity. But still, it's going to take some real luck to knock hwood off the top spot.

We need to wait for the Falcons bye week before he stands a chance at losing.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1004 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 18:29:36 »

We need to wait for the Falcons bye week before he stands a chance at losing.

tru. Though I do seem to have a nice little points cushion...

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1005 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 18:33:42 »
Oh and can we please not have waiver order reset to inverse standing every week?

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1006 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 18:40:03 »
Oh and can we please not have waiver order reset to inverse standing every week?
Too late to change it now.

in memoriam

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1007 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 18:49:21 »

We can still change it I guess.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1008 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 18:54:50 »

Changing the rules in week 7?

Besides, I need the waiver picks. I'm 1-5. What does the guy who's 6-0 need waiver picks for?

in memoriam

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1009 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 18:55:33 »

Besides, I need the waiver picks. I'm 1-5. What does the guy who's 6-0 need waiver picks for?

Hey man, still gotta play that waiver wire strategically ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1010 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 19:01:50 »

Yeah I'm not a fan of that

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1011 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 19:32:12 »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1012 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 19:51:24 »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You'll probably get your first choice, anyway. I'm probably not taking who you think I would grab.

Does no one ever trade players?

in memoriam

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1013 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 22:29:11 »

Yeah I'm not a fan of that

Make that three non-fans.  Why should I not have some kind of motivation to turn my skid around?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1014 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 23:09:31 »
OK, fair enough. No change.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 - Week 6 - The Lions win!
« Reply #1015 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 11:44:35 »
I know it's late. Very late. The Seahawks rolled over the 49ers last night, I honestly thought it was going to be a blowout, but what is three points really?

We actually had a lot of close games last week, and two matchups changed leaders during MNF.

I honestly thought this week was the week. The week Hwood's streak would come to an end. However, like JD did with Dez Bryant last week, I was pissed off with Jimmy Graham and left him on the bench. Turns out I should have done that with Eddie Lacy instead. I also managed to leave my two highest scoring receivers on the bench in Alshon Jeffries and Steve Smith Snr. Devonta Freeman didn't have a particularly fantastic game against the Saints (by his standards anyway) and I though I had a chance until I ended up at the end of Sunday 50 points down, and realized I only had the Eagles D and Zach Ertz to rely on. Even with those three turnovers (one for six) and three sacks (thanks Eli), I had no chance in catching up to yet another 100< score posted by the Free Men.

Week 10. The Falcons have their bye week ten. Boost, the fate of the world rests in your hands in three weeks time.

Moving swiftly on, Hoff and Trees had one of the closest matches of the week, with just 5.14 points separating them by the time the teams walked off the pitch on Sunday night. Both sides had solid performances by their kickers, and pretty bad performances from their defences that faced each other in week six. I have absolutely no idea how the defensive scoring works. Trees skill positions generally did pretty well, with only Arizona's David Johnson posting a poor score of 1.7. Hoff had multiple below average performances from Andre Ellington (5.4) and Antonio Brown (2.4!) and Charles Clay's rollercoaster continues with 6.2 points. However, decent double digit scores from Jeremy Hill and Donte Moncrief (who?) and 2TDs and 140 yards from DeAndre Hopkins made it very hard for Trees to reply. Colin Kaepernick racked up a very respectable 22.6 points and didn't thrown an INT against the Ravens, and the 38 points from Giovanni Bernard, Julian Edelman and Allen Robinson weren't enough. If only the Colts had given Frank Gore the ball more often...

Fortunately for pr0ximity, him leaving Jason Witten in his lineup was cancelled out by TJ leaving Desean Jackson in his lineup. Although Heath Miller wouldn't have made the result any more comfortable for Pr0ximity as he only scored 0.5 points... Tom Brady and Blake Bortles were on a par with each other (never thought I would type that) because somehow 37 rushing yards cancels out two INTs o.O. The RB cores from both sides scored within 0.1 points of each other, and the remaining skill positions scored within 2.4 points of each other, with TJ coming out on top. So without kickers and defences, TJ was actually three points ahead. Steve Hauschka just shows how important kickers can be, nailing three FGs, one from 54 yards, where Kansas City's Cairo Santos had one FG blocked, and one from 66 yards just wasn't going to happen. Although that UCLA kicker probably could have nailed it... As the dust settled, the gap was 8.24 points, and TJ slipped to his fifth loss in a row.

Our first MNF decider was between Boost and JD. Boost had a truly explosive early Sunday afternoon. Phillip Rivers threw for a whopping 503 yards, (400+ passing yards nets you an extra 5 points it would seem) although the Chargers only managed 20 points and they lost to Green Bay. Matt Forte had a great game, as did Megatron, of course. Hell, even with a bad ankle, Sammy Watkins managed double digits. It almost looked like JD was going to stumble again, even with the gaping holes that seem to grace Boost's lineup, now with a permanently bye-week'd kicker, a very holey Cardinals defence and a TE who surprises you with a TD once every six weeks. To make matters worse, Marcus Mariota had his worst week to date, with just 219 passing yards, as well as four turnovers. The Lions defence also coughed up 34 points and only managed to sack Jay Cutler once. ONCE. I COULD SACK JAY CUTLER MORE THAN ONCE. With only four points coming from his QB, the rest of the pack had to step up. Fortunately for JD, his RB pair did good this week, with a very respectable 44.2 points, his faith in DeMarco Murray finally paying off with a great performance on Monday Night against the Giants. The smooth mover Robbie Gould also managed a decent 14 points, and even Emmanuel Sanders turned up this week. The final score betrays how close JD came to another loss, but I'm sure a score of 105.56 is nothing for JD to sniff at. That streak tho.

The Unluckiest Team and The Hottest Benchwarmers are on opposite sides of the same matchup this week. R1N3 left Matt Stafford on the bench this week in favour of Sam Bradford (I always get the two mixed up tbh) but Matt managed a cool 405 yards, four TDs and only one INT, earning him those extra 5 fantasy points as well. With Sam Bradford having a pretty hellish game against the Giants (god that game was SO awful) it looked like Bueller had a chance to extend his winning streak. Unfortunately, the poor run of form by Peyton Manning, and only Brandon Marshall managing double digits meant that a sorry 65 points was all Bueller managed. R1N3 really didn't fare any better, with only two positions managing double digits. And when the Vikings defence are your second highest scoring team member, you know you've had a bad week. The whole matchup is just quite painful to look at. I would say that Bueller gets the unluckiest team, because he had AD, James Jones AND Randall Cobb, scoring just 13.5 points between them. That and the face that he couldn't capitalize on the loss of Matthew Bradford. I mean Sam Stafford. Uhhh...

If absyrd can take one good thing away from MNF this week, it's that the points his Giants didn't score on the pitch were turned into Fantasy points and earned him the win this week against Demik. The award for Luckiest Team goes to absyrd this week, because he managed the win with four positions scoring one point or less. ONE POINT. The faith in the Giants is real, with five of his positions filled with the men from Metlife, only two of them scored more than one point. The defence (like I said, how the **** does the defensive scoring system work?) and the ever humble OBJ. Martavis Bryant came off his suspension to have the game Antonio Brown should have had, with 2TDs and 145 combined yards, while Andy Dalton (who thought the Bengals would be undefeated six weeks in?) continued his good run of form with 243 yards and 3TDs. On the other side of the board, Demik had an equally disappointing weekend, with three of his skill positions scoring less than five points, not counting his kicker on a bye week. Gronk looks like he is starting to come out of his slump, with a double digit score for the first time since week three, LeGarrette Blount managed 100 combined yards and 2 combined TDs, but Larry Fitzgerald is still in a bit of a hole with another below average performance for a man of his stature and expertise. The gap ended up being only 11 points, but it shows that even the big names struggle from time to time.

If there is one thing to take away from this, it's that Kickers are a seriously big part of a fantasy lineup. The good ones score more than TEs, routinely every week. Well. We are already a game into week one, and hwood is already 15 points up and the Legion of Boom seem to be back...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1016 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 12:56:30 »
Mariota is out week 7 as well.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1017 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 13:16:22 »
What's all this "pitch" nonsense?? This is American Football, you silly Brit.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1018 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 13:23:16 »
Mariota is out week 7 as well.

Good thing I picked up Matt Cassel. Go Cowboys!

in memoriam

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #1019 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 13:26:27 »

Moving swiftly on, Hoff and Trees had one of the closest matches of the week, with just 5.14 points separating them by the time the teams walked off the pitch on Sunday night. Both sides had solid performances by their kickers, and pretty bad performances from their defences that faced each other in week six. I have absolutely no idea how the defensive scoring works. Trees skill positions generally did pretty well, with only Arizona's David Johnson posting a poor score of 1.7. Hoff had multiple below average performances from Andre Ellington (5.4) and Antonio Brown (2.4!) and Charles Clay's rollercoaster continues with 6.2 points. However, decent double digit scores from Jeremy Hill and Donte Moncrief (who?) and 2TDs and 140 yards from DeAndre Hopkins made it very hard for Trees to reply. Colin Kaepernick racked up a very respectable 22.6 points and didn't thrown an INT against the Ravens, and the 38 points from Giovanni Bernard, Julian Edelman and Allen Robinson weren't enough. If only the Colts had given Frank Gore the ball more often...

This week man... I went into the Colts pats game, only down by 30 points. and with Gore, Edelman and Gostkowski left. I was feeling so damn confident.

I was doing great, for a while, but Moncrief just stepped up too much. and Edelman and gostkowski both having a game on the low end of their usual points production just brought me down. (Im not even going to dicuss the bills. or defense in general. grr.)

But good game to Hoff, one of my favorite to watch so far.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1020 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 13:35:01 »
What's all this "pitch" nonsense?? This is American Football, you silly Brit.

I guess I do need to get off the habit of saying football pitch and saying football field instead. But I can't go back and change them now :P

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #1021 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 09:02:13 »
Pray for steffon diggs!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1022 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:46:46 »
Welp, now to pray for stat corrections.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1023 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:50:42 »
Oh and just cause you edge-mastered your way out of GH doesn't mean you have to **** us over with bs trades demik

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1024 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:50:56 »
I was never rooting for a player to gain 5 yds more than Stewart in those last 2 mins. What a shocker!

Congrats pr0ximity! :D

in memoriam

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1025 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:54:11 »
I was never rooting for a player to gain 5 yds more than Stewart in those last 2 mins. What a shocker!

If they had literally dropped him one yard shorter on that last play

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1026 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 22:56:26 »

I was very surprised he got that last couple yards. It looked like they had him stopped at first, but he kept going.

in memoriam

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1027 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 03:45:29 »
Oh and just cause you edge-mastered your way out of GH doesn't mean you have to **** us over with bs trades demik

I'm not sure if I should veto this trade. I don't like exercising my commissioner privileges, but this trade is actually bull****.

I will consider my options over the next 24 hours, and unless there is almost unilateral outcry against me vetoing this, I will.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1028 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:11:59 »

I'm not sure if I should veto this trade. I don't like exercising my commissioner privileges, but this trade is actually bull****.

I will consider my options over the next 24 hours, and unless there is almost unilateral outcry against me vetoing this, I will.

So it's ok for demik to have those four players rotting on his bench, but not ok for me to trade for and use them?

Consider outcry started.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1029 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:15:05 »
"Rotting"

#1 TE

Top 5 QB

Top 5 WR.

Hardly rotting. Just because Demik is bored 6 weeks into the season, doesn't mean he can throw it because he doesn't want hwood to win.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:26:50 »
"Rotting"

#1 TE

Top 5 QB

Top 5 WR.

Hardly rotting. Just because Demik is bored 6 weeks into the season, doesn't mean he can throw it because he doesn't want hwood to win.

Yes, because their ranks matter when they're rotting on a bench.  The bench, I might add, of a 2 - 4 team.

And let's talk about that for a second.  I couldn't care less what his beef with that kid is.  What I do care about is trying to make myself competitive for the end of the season and even with that trade, I'm not sure I have the time left to make a playoff run, let alone spoil hwood's apparent repeat.

But hey, you're the commissioner that gave real thought to changing the waiver rules so hwood could get a higher priority only a week ago, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see you hold bias to his whims again.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:36:35 by tjcaustin »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:49:40 »
Of course their ranks matter. The only reason A-Rod was on the bench is because he was on a bye. Gronk wasn't on the bench, and after this trade Demik has no TE because the one you are trading him is out for 2-3 weeks. Fitzgerald isn't on the bench. He missed practise because he's a veteran. Todd Gurley is on the bench. But he scored 28 points last week.

Demik is only 2-4 because he hasn't been paying attention for the last four weeks. He's left people on byes and people injured on his starting lineup more than once. You can't be surprised that when a trade containing Gronk, Fitzgerald and Rodgers comes under some scrutiny, especially when you trade TE, WR, QB, RB for 3xWRs and an injured TE. Demik's season is essentially over after this trade.

If you really want me to leave it be, then fine. Everyone else can vote against the trade in the team window over the next 36 hours. If it goes through, it goes through. If enough people vote against it, then it will be stopped. To suggest I'm catering for one person's requests is ridiculous. I want hwood to win as much as anyone else does. The "hwood is a ****" team name and the post on the league wall doesn't do any favours to disguise demik's true intentions. If you think it's fine, then that's cool too.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #1032 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:13:11 »
Voted against. Sorry. Id Demik wants to quit, then let him spread his stars around. Not just dump them all on one person to plow ahead for the rest of the weeks.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1033 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:20:18 »
Of course their ranks matter. The only reason A-Rod was on the bench is because he was on a bye. Gronk wasn't on the bench, and after this trade Demik has no TE because the one you are trading him is out for 2-3 weeks. Fitzgerald isn't on the bench. He missed practise because he's a veteran. Todd Gurley is on the bench. But he scored 28 points last week.

Demik is only 2-4 because he hasn't been paying attention for the last four weeks. He's left people on byes and people injured on his starting lineup more than once. You can't be surprised that when a trade containing Gronk, Fitzgerald and Rodgers comes under some scrutiny, especially when you trade TE, WR, QB, RB for 3xWRs and an injured TE. Demik's season is essentially over after this trade.

If you really want me to leave it be, then fine. Everyone else can vote against the trade in the team window over the next 36 hours. If it goes through, it goes through. If enough people vote against it, then it will be stopped. To suggest I'm catering for one person's requests is ridiculous. I want hwood to win as much as anyone else does. The "hwood is a ****" team name and the post on the league wall doesn't do any favours to disguise demik's true intentions. If you think it's fine, then that's cool too.

Look again.  He hasn't played A-Rod all season, not because he was on bye this one week.  Gurley's only had 2 ok games and has had a permanent spot on the bench with A-Rod, which means the only two of the four I have trades in for he's played are gronk and Fitzgerald.  If the concern is about where that leaves demik, that's fine, I can adjust what I offered.  But really, demik's season's been over since he decided to go down in flames on gh, not because of this trade.

Like I said, I couldn't care less what demik's intentions are.  If I cared about the issues I or anyone else has with anyone in the league, I wouldn't have signed up season one, let alone stayed in.  What I do care about trying to take a 1- 5 participation trophy team and turning it back into the competitor I had last year.

As a side note:  I shouldn't have claimed bias.  I was hot because I saw this as an indictment against me doing what I could to try to win, but it's not an excuse to fling insults.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:40:23 by tjcaustin »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1034 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 12:52:44 »
Voted against. Sorry. Id Demik wants to quit, then let him spread his stars around. Not just dump them all on one person to plow ahead for the rest of the weeks.

That'd be great.  If he'd communicate with anyone else in the league that is.  Really, I'm only interested in keeping Gurley and Gronk from that trade anyways and had the other two for later trade purposes. 

I'm sure hoof would like to finish the season with his main man back under center and there's at least one person looking for a WR that can use Fitz, but will that happen without this trade going through? Can it?  These are legit questions since I don't know if a team can be dissolved completely and the players redistributed halfway through the season, I promise I'm not trying to be obstinate.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1035 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:17:51 »

That'd be great.  If he'd communicate with anyone else in the league that is.  Really, I'm only interested in keeping Gurley and Gronk from that trade anyways and had the other two for later trade purposes. 

I'm sure hoof would like to finish the season with his main man back under center and there's at least one person looking for a WR that can use Fitz, but will that happen without this trade going through? Can it?  These are legit questions since I don't know if a team can be dissolved completely and the players redistributed halfway through the season, I promise I'm not trying to be obstinate.

Yeah, there are a few of us in the basement who could use some top players, but we don't get offered a trade. :(

Maybe demik could just drop his players for some nobodies in the waivers, and then anyone could pick them up when the time comes.

in memoriam

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1036 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:29:06 »

Yeah, there are a few of us in the basement who could use some top players, but we don't get offered a trade. :(

Maybe demik could just drop his players for some nobodies in the waivers, and then anyone could pick them up when the time comes.

Anything's better than them being locked away, but they all require demik not being demik to put it bluntly.

Continuing the bluntness, I came at this wrong this morning and should have waited until I woke up instead of reacting how I did.  I still mean what I said about using at least half of this proposed trade as fodder for more trades, but I'm sorry for my earlier actions.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1037 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:33:09 »
Look again.  He hasn't played A-Rod all season, not because he was on bye this one week.  Gurley's only had 2 ok games and has had a permanent spot on the bench with A-Rod, which means the only two of the four I have trades in for he's played are gronk and Fitzgerald.  If the concern is about where that leaves demik, that's fine, I can adjust what I offered.  But really, demik's season's been over since he decided to go down in flames on gh, not because of this trade.

Like I said, I couldn't care less what demik's intentions are.  If I cared about the issues I or anyone else has with anyone in the league, I wouldn't have signed up season one, let alone stayed in.  What I do care about trying to take a 1- 5 participation trophy team and turning it back into the competitor I had last year.

As a side note:  I shouldn't have claimed bias.  I was hot because I saw this as an indictment against me doing what I could to try to win, but it's not an excuse to fling insults.

It's alright. I don't want you to take it personally, and I'm not trying to cater for others needs over anyone else. I understand the frustration and the affront. I wish that demik had gotten more into this with us, as maybe it would have meant he could have been a bit more active. That and the banter always is that little bit better when he is involved. As much as I would have wanted Demik to split the top picks in his team, better you than hwood ;)

Anyway, I won't touch the trade with my commish abilities. I will leave it to the league to decide. I won't vote in the veto either to make it fair as I'm still not sure quite how my powers work.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1038 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:59:34 »
The only fair way to go about this would be to just leave all the players on demik's team. Sure, we could redistribute them, but obviously some people are going to be getting much beer players than others. It's ****ty but it's really the only way to go.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1039 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:36:22 »
I agree that it's a bull**** trade, and I also am hurt that demik didn't offer Rodgers to me.  :(

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1040 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:38:15 »
I agree that it's a bull**** trade, and I also am hurt that demik didn't offer Rodgers to me.  :(

demik should offer the players to the teams that had them last year. You had A-Rod, I had Gronk, etc.

in memoriam

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1041 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:41:48 »

demik should offer the players to the teams that had them last year. You had A-Rod, I had Gronk, etc.

Also I need a damn Packer on my team!  >:D

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1042 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:42:45 »

It just would have gone through me via another trade on thursday /shrug

Yeah, I need a TE more than anything besides maybe flex, so you might have an offer for fitz.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1043 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:51:27 »
I don't know if a team can be dissolved completely and the players redistributed halfway through the season
No

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1044 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:57:16 »

My god the tension was palpable.

Well fought, sir.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1045 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 04:37:25 »
Well, it was worth having Adrian Foster for the three weeks he was fit. Now he's back on IR and out for the rest of the season, so time to pick up a ****-tier RB after I just dropped one.

While I'm second in the league, I'm not confident in my ability to keep winning through the rest of the season.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1046 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:18:51 »
Yeah. My RBs are hurting, too. Not confident this week in holding onto my #3 spot.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1047 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:36:31 »
Same here. My team underperforms every week. Is it possible to move into #13 spot? Because that's where I'm headed.

Anyone got any good trades? Offer me some players, PLEASE! :D

in memoriam

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1048 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 17:57:51 »
Same here. My team underperforms every week. Is it possible to move into #13 spot? Because that's where I'm headed.

Anyone got any good trades? Offer me some players, PLEASE! :D

ayy, making trades already
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:04:18 by hwood34 »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1049 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:31:13 »
Hahahaha. I just looked at my matchup and realized I'm playing the bull**** hwood-killer team. How the hell did people not vote this down?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.