Author Topic: What's your definition of being an 'established member'??  (Read 31656 times)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: What's your definition of being an 'established member'??
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 05:08:25 »
Frankly, anyone who was not here for r00tw0rm is a newbie.

:llama:
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:29:49 »
My post was mostly a joke. "Old-timer" does not equal "established member". Time flies when you're having fun.

It's been a year and a half since Soarer's disappearance!

I suppose that r00tw0rm was in 2012 since somebody here 3 years can't remember it.
I remember that it was late-June-early-July, and that it lasted 2-3 weeks.

Then we lost Small Fry and Alessandro as mere teenagers quite a while back, too.

“Look, what I’ve gone through nobody’s ever gone through. I’m a very legitimate person. I built a great business. Everything’s been …. I’ve been under siege. Nobody has ever seen anything like this in this country. Now in other countries, in other third world countries, or Banana Republics as they say, a Banana Republic. We’ve become a Banana Republic. At the border we’ve become a Banana Republic. With so many other elements of our country we’ve become a Banana Republic. You take a look at what’s happening with inflation. That’s a Banana Republic inflation what we have.” - Donald Trump 2024-06-06

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:34:18 »
I'll never forget r00tworm, those guys singlehandedly killed OG Miami, which then gave rise to Miami R1, which was much better than OG Miami haha

<3 bunny the savour

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:42:02 »
I'll never forget r00tworm, those guys singlehandedly killed OG Miami, which then gave rise to Miami R1, which was much better than OG Miami haha

<3 bunny the savour

so what does bunny smell and taste like?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:46:44 »

<3 bunny the savour

Tell me what demik and kirkle taste like first though
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:51:32 »

<3 bunny the savour

Lmao dis kid

Openly rims demik and then has a pop at anyone who dare to thank or like any other user who openly does good. Why don't you go back to crying about people up selling Brocaps on your $1,000 second hand GON? Lmao

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:53:38 »
jfc yall
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:54:44 »
jfc yall

Jfc? I'm not established enough to know internet abbreviations -_-

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:58:08 »
jfc yall

Jfc? I'm not established enough to know internet abbreviations -_-

yall

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:00:27 »

<3 bunny the savour

Lmao dis kid

Openly rims demik and then has a pop at anyone who dare to thank or like any other user who openly does good. Why don't you go back to crying about people up selling Brocaps on your $1,000 second hand GON? Lmao

so mad

savior/savour

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:03:46 »

<3 bunny the savour

Lmao dis kid

so mad

savior/savour

savour savior ,  like a chip clip right?!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:09:06 »

<3 bunny the savour

Lmao dis kid

so mad

savior/savour

Yeah I'm pretty mad, you can tell by the way I replied to you that I'm crazy mad.
What makes me mad is that a guy I didn't really know at the time came in and saved a GB I was gutted died after the r00tworm attack, and made it better by inc ISO mods (that wernt apart of the OG set (this was before your time kid)). He then later did a second round with Cherry legends and proper ISO mods and then gifted it to me for free.

Yeah I'm super mad about that. Lmao.
If you want to try and call me out, I got no issue, but least put some effort in youth.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:15:28 »

<3 bunny the savour

Lmao dis kid

so mad

savior/savour

Yeah I'm pretty mad, you can tell by the way I replied to you that I'm crazy mad.
What makes me mad is that a guy I didn't really know at the time came in and saved a GB I was gutted died after the r00tworm attack, and made it better by inc ISO mods (that wernt apart of the OG set (this was before your time kid)). He then later did a second round with Cherry legends and proper ISO mods and then gifted it to me for free.

Yeah I'm super mad about that. Lmao.
If you want to try and call me out, I got no issue, but least put some effort in youth.

mad cus bad

savior/savour

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:18:44 »
I see an established member as someone who is knowledgeable, present (therefore recognizable), and respected by the community. For me it doesn't necessarily have to be an Artisan, but someone who has given a lot of their time, and contributes frequently.

Though for some reason I feel like all the established members have each other on Skype; so maybe that's the criteria.  :))
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:30:03 »
I see an established member as someone who is knowledgeable, present (therefore recognizable), and respected by the community. For me it doesn't necessarily have to be an Artisan, but someone who has given a lot of their time, and contributes frequently.

Though for some reason I feel like all the established members have each other on Skype; so maybe that's the criteria.  :))

noskypehypesquadcrewclubcollective2015

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:33:03 »
I'll never forget r00tworm. Those guys singlehandedly killed OG Miami, which then gave rise to Miami R1, which was much better than OG Miami. Haha.

<3 bunny, the savior

Lmao, this kid: openly rims demik, and then has a pop at anyone who dares to thank or like any other user who openly does good. Why don't you go back to crying about people up selling Brocaps on your $1,000 second hand GON? Lmao

Yeah, I'm pretty mad. You can tell by the way I replied to you that I'm crazy mad.
What makes me mad is that a guy I didn't really know at the time came in and saved a GB I was gutted died after the r00tworm attack, and made it better by including ISO mods (that weren't apart of the OG set (this was before your time, kid)). He then later did a second round with Cherry legends and proper ISO mods, and then gifted it to me for free.

Yeah, I'm super mad about that. Lmao.
If you want to try and call me out, I have no issue, but at least put some effort in, youth.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:35:10 »
I respect the effort

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:36:45 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:37:08 »

skype gets pretty toxic actually I do think that is where all the clique behavior comes from, I only chat with a few people anymore, mostly just one other member

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:37:48 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52640

bee much respect to you must be hard to remember all the alt accounts you're using.
Azerty Propagandiste

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:39:04 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52640

bee much respect to you must be hard to remember all the alt accounts you're using.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't correct your grammar. Some people can't be helped.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:48:17 »
I'm just curious what others think as it seems it doesn't take much to call yourself that.

Hey Ray, is this a spin-off thread of a recent conspicuous one, nobody wanted to mention?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:52:14 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:54:22 »
I'm just curious what others think as it seems it doesn't take much to call yourself that.

Hey Ray, is this a spin-off thread of a recent conspicuous one, nobody wanted to mention?

That was established many posts ago. :D

It is a serious question though, as it is clear people's definitions of what being an 'established member' means vary greatly.

Perhaps I should also have added something about what do you consider 'your' keyboard community as some people use it as a blanket statement for all keyboard communities (r/mk, DT, GH, etc) but many of us here specifically use the term community to refer only to geekhack.

Many of use take pride in being part of this community, in helping people when they have a problem, seeing all the many projects, group buys, artisans etc succeed and just seeing people get into the hobby for the first time and experience mechanical keyboards is awesome.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:57:28 »

Many of use take pride in being part of this community, in helping people when they have a problem, seeing all the many projects, group buys, artisans etc succeed and just seeing people get into the hobby for the first time and experience mechanical keyboards is awesome.

I think "this" is a good definition for a well established member, to be engaged with others. I certainly do not qualify, but I aspire to.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 15:07:14 »
ironpup + 55
Lol ouch

for real though an established member is someone who can buy a G710+ without anyone judging them.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 17:34:27 »
This thread was taken very far off course over a misinterpreted joke.  I'd like to kindly ask us all to bring things back to topic and play nice in here.  :-*  Thanks  <3

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 17:50:12 »

Ehh, I don't Skype or IRC.  Tried IRC for a bit, wasn't a fan.  There are some "inside clubs" with Skype, but whatever.

Established members are ones who remember llama ball and llamaforcing because newclacks can't llamaforce.

:blank: :llama:

:llama:
:llama::llama:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 17:58:02 »

Established members are ones who remember llama ball and llamaforcing

I have never understood what that llama business is about.

But they are kind of cute.
“Look, what I’ve gone through nobody’s ever gone through. I’m a very legitimate person. I built a great business. Everything’s been …. I’ve been under siege. Nobody has ever seen anything like this in this country. Now in other countries, in other third world countries, or Banana Republics as they say, a Banana Republic. We’ve become a Banana Republic. At the border we’ve become a Banana Republic. With so many other elements of our country we’ve become a Banana Republic. You take a look at what’s happening with inflation. That’s a Banana Republic inflation what we have.” - Donald Trump 2024-06-06

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 17:58:54 »

skype gets pretty toxic actually I do think that is where all the clique behavior comes from

QFT

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:13:11 »

skype gets pretty toxic actually I do think that is where all the clique behavior comes from

QFT

who hurt u
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline jaffers

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:20:12 »
8000 posts you say? Call it a goal

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:22:09 »

QFT

rip
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:24:46 »
still, I've been here going on 3 years. That's quite a while, now that I look back on it.
2yrs 2 months :rolleyes:
Come on air tree, math pls.

I didn't bother to look at my registered date, I thought it was something like that.  :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:28:03 »

QFT

rip

rip indeed

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:42:10 »

QFT

rip

rip indeed

rip urbutt

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:50:25 »
I feel old :( and I've not even been here that long, been here long than people who are considered established, and I still feel like an FNG.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:56:26 »
I feel old :( and I've not even been here that long, been here long than people who are considered established, and I still feel like an FNG.

You are indeed a fine nasty gurl.

Wait, what?  What's an FNG?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:59:15 »
Pls stop reporting the troll account. It's already banned.  :thumb:

Kthnx  <3

srsly tho it's appreciated

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 18:59:31 »

You are indeed a fine nasty gurl.

Wait, what?  What's an FNG?

****ing new guy