Author Topic: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [COMPLETE]  (Read 305706 times)

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
Re: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [Shipping]
« Reply #700 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 21:19:24 »
I finally got around to building my ComPact SQ! This is perhaps the best groupbuy I've ever joined! Thank you so much :)

Link to Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/tQ7wg
Glad to see you get it done! Looks amazing, first ALU skin I've seen other than mine and the first duck feet I've seen as well !

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #701 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 23:55:55 »
painted the alu skin and slap led to sip socket, tada my first custom board finished! the JigOn works perfectly fine too :thumb:
ty leeku for amazing keyboard  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

a potato pic

but still dont had a compatible keyset yet.. waiting skidata+ now :p

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #702 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 23:57:08 »
I finally got around to building my ComPact SQ! This is perhaps the best groupbuy I've ever joined! Thank you so much :)

Glad to see you get it done! Looks amazing, first ALU skin I've seen other than mine and the first duck feet I've seen as well !

But, but... you already said you liked mine... NOTICE ME KIWI  :'(

Offline breitling

« Reply #703 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 00:23:51 »

Nice! Looks like mine except I have clear linear zealios ... I might be the only person that bought those! Already have a board with purple zealous wanted to try the linear ones. Waiting on some LEDs to arrive and planning to use Danger Zone SA keycap set on it.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #704 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 02:10:18 »

But, but... you already said you liked mine... NOTICE ME KIWI  :'(
Hey hey I didn't mean any harm   I meant the combo of duck feet plus alu I didn't see the feet in your pics!

Offline McPwned

« Reply #705 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 14:36:50 »
Is there a "proper" way to turn off the RGB lighting?  I think I can achieve it by setting all the colours to #000000, but I was wondering if there was a simpler way.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #706 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 19:54:08 »
Is there a "proper" way to turn off the RGB lighting?  I think I can achieve it by setting all the colours to #000000, but I was wondering if there was a simpler way.

Setting it all to black, don't think theres loaded profiles yet. :|
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #707 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 21:20:32 »

Nice! Looks like mine except I have clear linear zealios ... I might be the only person that bought those! Already have a board with purple zealous wanted to try the linear ones. Waiting on some LEDs to arrive and planning to use Danger Zone SA keycap set on it.

i love the linear Zealios, have them on mine right now :p

Offline McPwned

« Reply #708 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 21:45:42 »

Cool, thanks.

Offline theginginator

« Reply #709 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:02:18 »
Ok guys i need some help, ive gotten all the sip sockets and leds put in the switches and the switches soldered in, everything works including the leds except for the space bar. ive looked over everything but the key is not being registered when it is pressed, led works fine tho, ive run out of ideas so any help would be awesome  :thumb:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #710 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:03:09 »
Ok guys i need some help, ive gotten all the sip sockets and leds put in the switches and the switches soldered in, everything works including the leds except for the space bar. ive looked over everything but the key is not being registered when it is pressed, led works fine tho, ive run out of ideas so any help would be awesome  :thumb:

Take a picture of the PCB where the spacebar is, you most likely have a missing diode or a defective one.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline theginginator

« Reply #711 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:14:18 »
only my second soldering job so be gentle  :))

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #712 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:25:11 »

Hmm your diode is still intact. You said your LEDs work for the spacebar because I can't see them soldered? I would heat up the pins for the switch and reflow the solder, could possibly be a cold joint. If not then you may want to replace the diode it self but there could be an issue with the trace, can't see anything from the pic though.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #713 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:32:26 »
Try booting up jigon and clicking the spacebar to see what its programmed to do, when I first plugged in my board it was recognising space as function

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #714 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:41:17 »
The order page is still up. Does anyone know if there are leftovers for sale?

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #715 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:43:14 »
The order page is still up. Does anyone know if there are leftovers for sale?

yeah its form is still up, but the gb its already closed.
you can PM leeku maybe he got some leftover for sale.

Offline theginginator

« Reply #716 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:45:17 »

Hmm your diode is still intact. You said your LEDs work for the spacebar because I can't see them soldered? I would heat up the pins for the switch and reflow the solder, could possibly be a cold joint. If not then you may want to replace the diode it self but there could be an issue with the trace, can't see anything from the pic though.

Try booting up jigon and clicking the spacebar to see what its programmed to do, when I first plugged in my board it was recognising space as function

YESSSS it was programmed as function, as for the led i just tested it without soldering it on. on to wrapping this baby up, thanks guys, now i just need hyperfuse to ship this week...

Offline breitling

« Reply #717 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:48:58 »

Cool, thanks.

Glad I'm not the only one! With the popularity of the Purple Zealios it seems almost like no one bought the linears. Haven't tried them yet, since I'm waiting for some LEDs to arrive before I assemble it completely. Got the switches soldered in and tested them a few with key caps on it so far and I really love the feel, plus they look awesome.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #718 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 23:17:57 »

YESSSS it was programmed as function, as for the led i just tested it without soldering it on. on to wrapping this baby up, thanks guys, now i just need hyperfuse to ship this week...

Ah glad to see you got it fixed. I totally forgot that spacebar is assigned to function in the beginning, I don't have a Compact SQ but I do have a leeku PCB in one of my boards.

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #719 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 11:28:15 »
Anyone know how to bind things to the numpad for when numlock is off?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #720 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 12:54:57 »

Id take a guess at saying you can't. It is the same deal as not being able to remap what a key does when you have shift held down (or not).

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #721 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 22:15:17 »
So I guess no one has any other suggestions for me  and I just got a bad PCB or something oh well wont be the first or last time I'm left feeling empty handed after a group buy :(

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #722 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 22:24:36 »
So I guess no one has any other suggestions for me  and I just got a bad PCB or something oh well wont be the first or last time I'm left feeling empty handed after a group buy :(

Well it's not that I'm ignoring you. It would be up to Leeku as to what to do, at one point it was working fine right?

It could be easy enough to order another PCB, but for a replacement message Leeku.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline axtran

« Reply #723 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 22:41:15 »

Possible that you just need to force bootloader and completely reload the firmware. I'm not familiar with how to exactly do it for your PCB, you might need to jump some administrative pins though.
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #724 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 22:47:30 »

Well it's not that I'm ignoring you. It would be up to Leeku as to what to do, at one point it was working fine right?

It could be easy enough to order another PCB, but for a replacement message Leeku.
Let me clarify that came off as blaming or anything, I'm not upset with you, or with leeku, you've tried your hardest with suggestions, I've emailed leeku and PM'd him and haven't got any response (this was prior to my first post on here mentioning issues) so it's not as easy as asking him to sell me a replacement PCB or seeing what sort of resolution he may offer.

Yes it did work however only for a day, and I know it's my word against well idk who's but it is frustrating when you pay for something use it one day don't change anything and the next day it's completely bricked and I can't get ahold of the original supplier :(

Again I want to be clear I'm not trying to say anyone here is bad or anything, up until my PCB randomly stopped working this has been one of the best GB's I've been part of very fast and well organized and will for sure take part in future GB's by him!

Possible that you just need to force bootloader and completely reload the firmware. I'm not familiar with how to exactly do it for your PCB, you might need to jump some administrative pins though.

yeah I have no idea how to do that, hopefully someone that does can elaborate, I've been doing a ton of googling and haven't been able to find any suggestions at all :(

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #725 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 22:51:20 »

Let me clarify that came off as blaming or anything, I'm not upset with you, or with leeku, you've tried your hardest with suggestions, I've emailed leeku and PM'd him and haven't got any response (this was prior to my first post on here mentioning issues) so it's not as easy as asking him to sell me a replacement PCB or seeing what sort of resolution he may offer.

Yes it did work however only for a day, and I know it's my word against well idk who's but it is frustrating when you pay for something use it one day don't change anything and the next day it's completely bricked and I can't get ahold of the original supplier :(

Again I want to be clear I'm not trying to say anyone here is bad or anything, up until my PCB randomly stopped working this has been one of the best GB's I've been part of very fast and well organized and will for sure take part in future GB's by him!

yeah I have no idea how to do that, hopefully someone that does can elaborate, I've been doing a ton of googling and haven't been able to find any suggestions at all :(

Ohh sorry I wrote that in a hurry as well. You aren't being ignored, leeku is very busy and I will make sure he gets your message. He's busy assembling any time he has off work. Any replacements are up to him so I can't make that call, but he has told me about his plans for the extra 100 pcbs he ordered so he could have factory SMD soldering done. Don't worry he will get your board working in one way or another
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #726 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 22:54:35 »

Ohh sorry I wrote that in a hurry as well. You aren't being ignored, leeku is very busy and I will make sure he gets your message. He's busy assembling any time he has off work. Any replacements are up to him so I can't make that call, but he has told me about his plans for the extra 100 pcbs he ordered so he could have factory SMD soldering done. Don't worry he will get your board working in one way or another

Yeah so I've heard, he seems to take the speed at which he completes his services very seriously (judging by how fast this GB happened/compleated) so I understand he wants to finish all of the orders asap I sent another email just to make sure I didn't include all of the information in my initial email and I look forward to any response.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #727 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:14:16 »
Got mine built. Typing on it right now  :D

Just need to play about with the firmware tool to get the layout I want, but overall I'm very impressed.

Downside to the Alu bottom skin is that almost no light gets into the duck feet  :(

Lil preview of my build:

Show Image

just saw this.  Man awesome layout!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #728 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:23:54 »

Just need to play about with the firmware tool to get the layout I want, but overall I'm very impressed.

Downside to the Alu bottom skin is that almost no light gets into the duck feet  :(

Lil preview of my build:

Show Image

Cheers bro! I absolutely cannot deal with having my backspace in any other position. HHKB layout is the bomb!

Offline axtran

« Reply #729 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:28:43 »

Lil preview of my build:

Show Image

Cheers bro! I absolutely cannot deal with having my backspace in any other position. HHKB layout is the bomb!

Looking amazing! Was that native support or did you have to do some modifications?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #730 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:30:05 »

Lil preview of my build:

Show Image

Looking amazing! Was that native support or did you have to do some modifications?

Native support with the steel 'universal' plate option. Just a bit of tweaking to do in the GUI layout tool - easy as pie  :thumb:

Offline axtran

« Reply #731 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:52:00 »

Lil preview of my build:

Show Image

Native support with the steel 'universal' plate option. Just a bit of tweaking to do in the GUI layout tool - easy as pie  :thumb:

Parfait! Can't wait to get mine ;)

Offline hatran87

« Reply #732 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 02:27:23 »
Any update information ? 10 days from last leeku's post ...

Compact SQ by Leeku

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #733 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 02:30:18 »
Talked to him yesterday.

he is busy assembling, said his goal is to have them all finished and shipped next monday
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline hatran87

« Reply #734 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 02:32:11 »
Talked to him yesterday.

he is busy assembling, said his goal is to have them all finished and shipped next monday

Thánks for your update :)

Compact SQ by Leeku

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #735 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 02:48:06 »
Any update on my delayed ISO plate? Hopefully that will ship on Monday too, there's still no rush as Hyperfuse is not on it's way yet either :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #736 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 12:33:05 »
Talked to him yesterday.

Thank you for the update. this has been such a smooth group buy. Well maybe not for the 1 guy who got an iso plate. serves you right,  :p
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline ika

« Reply #737 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 12:52:35 »

Id take a guess at saying you can't. It is the same deal as not being able to remap what a key does when you have shift held down (or not).

You can work around it by binding a function layer to numlock and then binding numrow keys to the numpad section and putting the numpad keys proper on the function layer. Not perfect but it's probably better than the altnerative.

Offline diiiP

« Reply #738 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 02:32:11 »
Damn, just started looking for a new keyboard and this one would have been perfect...

Any chance for some leftovers?
Otherwise I guess I have to hope for a re-run  :'(

Kind regards

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #739 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 08:09:39 »
Damn, just started looking for a new keyboard and this one would have been perfect...

Any chance for some leftovers?
Otherwise I guess I have to hope for a re-run  :'(

Kind regards

I think it's going to be hard to get into this GB. At the very least there are no more Alu top plates.

Leeku is making a 75% in this style soonish, so maybe wait out for that?

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #740 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 23:18:29 »
What are some key sets currently available that will fit this? Joined the enjoy pbt gb but I am considering getting something else to put it it for now. I know of jtk but that's all I can think of.

Edit: also.. A long shot.. But does anyone have an extra alu top?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #741 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 23:28:24 »
What are some key sets currently available that will fit this? Joined the enjoy pbt gb but I am considering getting something else to put it it for now. I know of jtk but that's all I can think of.

Pretty much all sets that come with a short right shift (1.75u). The only other quirk is that there are two extra keys on the top row than on a normal TKL board, but that is really easy to cater for  :thumb:

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #742 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 00:02:37 »
Hey Leeku! Any update on the boards that are being assembled? No rush, just curious. Good luck!
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #743 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 11:34:07 »

Pretty much all sets that come with a short right shift (1.75u). The only other quirk is that there are two extra keys on the top row than on a normal TKL board, but that is really easy to cater for  :thumb:

Also note that if you find a set that doesnt come with that 1.75u right shift, but does come with stepped caps, use the stepped caps in the caps position and the normal capslock as a 1.75 right shift.

Also, one thing that was a surprise to me with the ANSI plate is that your gonna need 2x 1.5 mods for ctrl and alt on the right side of the spacebar.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #744 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:57:53 »
Hey Leeku can we do another round anytime soon this year?  :'(

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #745 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 22:58:36 »
What size should the indicator LEDs be?

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #746 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 00:20:18 »
What size should the indicator LEDs be?
3mm, 2x3x4 same as switches work. I know some more specialty sized ones exist but standard ones work perfectly fine.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #747 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 00:25:00 »
Gonna be a bit more delay on assembly, he finished a few but a few more to go..

Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #748 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 00:27:18 »

All good :) Is he shipping them out individually or all in one go when they are all done?
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #749 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 00:31:53 »

All good :) Is he shipping them out individually or all in one go when they are all done?
Just asked, all at once.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL