Poll

PCB colour preference, we will have colours, I will decide it in the end, but would love some community input.

Mint Blue
Black
White
Orange
Lime Green/YellowGreen
Purple

Author Topic: [GB][CLOSED] LeandreN Round 4, 60% kits, HHKB and winkeyless plates  (Read 286005 times)

Offline Kalp1

Re: [GB] LeandreN Round 4, 60% kits, HHKB and winkeyless plates
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 08:19:57 »
So just to clarify, I can just solder RGB LEDs on the board and I'll be g2g? I'm pretty sure I get it but I want to be super duper sure, you know?

From what i've understood, you can't mount RGB leds on Gon PCB, only winkeyless PCB support RGB underlight mounted on PCB.

The only LED that you can mount are :
-1206 SMD for bottom et top
-3mm, 2x3x4mm,1.8 mm on switches

However you can add a WS2812 RGB strip between PCB and case.

Pls Correct me, if i'm wrong (no real experience, only browsing)

Offline chilldude_22

• Official streetman
« Reply #501 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 08:21:52 »
So just to clarify, I can just solder RGB LEDs on the board and I'll be g2g? I'm pretty sure I get it but I want to be super duper sure, you know?

From what i've understood, you can't mount RGB leds on Gon PCB, only winkeyless PCB support RGB underlight mounted on PCB.

The only LED that you can mount are :
-1206 SMD for bottom et top
-3mm, 2x3x4mm,1.8 mm on switches

However you can add a WS2812 RGB strip between PCB and case.

Pls Correct me, if i'm wrong (no real experience, only browsing)

I have no idea about the RGB strip. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do it with a Gon. As far as the rest, you are correct. These won't be compatible with programmable RGB LEDs.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #502 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 09:40:02 »
Really want to join this! But GON's 1.25 years+ backlog makes me very skeptical of whether the PCB will be delivered in a reasonable amount of time.

LeandreN is there some type of guarantee hes not going to pull some **** like that with you?

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 10:03:43 »
AFAIK GON has quick turnover as long as don't use his assemble service (i.e sent as kits). I just ordered blue plates and stabs from him last month and my package arrived within 2 weeks.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #504 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 10:42:03 »
LeandreN is there some type of guarantee hes not going to pull some **** like that with you?

Thanks for asking.

No, there is no gurantee, however, those outstanding orders of him are all assembly orders(soldering, building and switch modding). I had a person who personally ordered a PCB last month, and it was shipped within short time and arrived the same month. This is confirmed by multiple people. I also asked him about it, and GON said himself that some of the orders were massively delayed due to upgrading some PCBs and the time it takes to assemble orders. Our PCBs require no assembly and will be shipped directly from the factory, soldered, to GON where he will test each and one of them and ship them here.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #505 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:41:00 »
I got two Nerd60 at different dates last year and both were shipped in less than a week, and delivered a couple of weeks after I ordered them.

Offline MMjacksN

« Reply #506 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:52:17 »
If I would like to change something in my order, do I message you to do the change, or do you cancel it so I can send a new one?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #507 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:53:23 »

Thanks for asking.

No, there is no gurantee, however, those outstanding orders of him are all assembly orders(soldering, building and switch modding). I had a person who personally ordered a PCB last month, and it was shipped within short time and arrived the same month. This is confirmed by multiple people. I also asked him about it, and GON said himself that some of the orders were massively delayed due to upgrading some PCBs and the time it takes to assemble orders. Our PCBs require no assembly and will be shipped directly from the factory, soldered, to GON where he will test each and one of them and ship them here.

Thanks for the reply on that, not meaning to stir up the ****. I will most likely get in on this!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #508 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:55:07 »
If I would like to change something in my order, do I message you to do the change, or do you cancel it so I can send a new one?

support@leandrekeyboards.com with the changes.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #509 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:55:49 »

Thanks for asking.

Thanks for the reply on that, not meaning to stir up the ****. I will most likely get in on this!

No worries. Thanks for asking important questions before joining. It's important to be aware before joining community run GBs.

Offline MMjacksN

« Reply #510 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:54:39 »

support@leandrekeyboards.com with the changes.

Sent.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #511 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:05:15 »
We're past the MOQ for both PCBs types. That's a great achievement for the group. Congratulations everyone.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:20:51 »
woa, congrats Leandren :)

Offline soilheart

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:32:38 »
Sorry for nagging, but will there be any graphics/pictures of the new WKL (or HHKB) plates before the sale ends? I just want to take a look before ordering.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:37:45 »
Sorry for nagging, but will there be any graphics/pictures of the new WKL (or HHKB) plates before the sale ends? I just want to take a look before ordering.

If I find the time, there will be.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #515 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 02:06:29 »
White anodizing isn't available, but i thought we could get some super light silver anodizing. Unfortunately it is very much like the silver plates.

Offline spanyam

• Enjoy the gift of life!
« Reply #516 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:59:37 »
White anodizing isn't available, but i thought we could get some super light silver anodizing. Unfortunately it is very much like the silver plates.

Oh I see. So for those of us who ordered white plates, it will drop back to the second choice? In which case, can I change my second choice from what I had originally filled? Is orange available for universal ANSI?
SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #517 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 14:22:50 »

Oh I see. So for those of us who ordered white plates, it will drop back to the second choice? In which case, can I change my second choice from what I had originally filled? Is orange available for universal ANSI?

Yeah, I will change to the second choice.

Offline spanyam

« Reply #518 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 15:55:34 »
Okay, great. Can I, in that case, change my second choice to the Orange universal plate? Should I email you to do that?
SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #519 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 15:56:59 »
Okay, great. Can I, in that case, change my second choice to the Orange universal plate? Should I email you to do that?

Please email me about it. Thanks.

Offline spanyam

« Reply #520 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 16:10:05 »

Please email me about it. Thanks.

Done, thank you.

Offline edmbanger

« Reply #521 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 19:38:01 »
Hi, this will be my first keyboard build and I'm interested to join this!

I am planning to build one with a black case. As such, I would think that a black plate would match best with it. However, I have concerns with LED backlighting when using a black plate. I'm assuming that the lighting won't be very even cause of the black plate and that it will be quite dim right?

It might be a better choice for me to go with a silver plate, but I just wanted to get some opinions before placing the order.

Thanks

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:38:17 »
Needed to add a PCB to my order, got emailed back within a matter of minutes. Thanks for the great communication  LeandreN!

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #523 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 21:24:01 »
Hi, this will be my first keyboard build and I'm interested to join this!

I am planning to build one with a black case. As such, I would think that a black plate would match best with it. However, I have concerns with LED backlighting when using a black plate. I'm assuming that the lighting won't be very even cause of the black plate and that it will be quite dim right?

It might be a better choice for me to go with a silver plate, but I just wanted to get some opinions before placing the order.

Thanks

yeah, if you plan on adding leds to your keyboard, i recommend going with a color that's not black. you'll have underlighting for your caps, but it won't be especially spectacular and even the highest brightness won't seem sufficient, imo. i have a black magicforce with white leds and a white pok3r with white leds; the white plate on the pok3r pops much, much better just because of the way that light refracts.
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #524 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 13:47:23 »
New GB announcement soon!

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #525 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 14:10:01 »

Show Image

Holy smoke.

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #526 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 14:19:50 »

Show Image

REKT!!!!!1!
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #528 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 16:14:34 »

Show Image

Can we add this on to our current group buy order? And is there an option for more LED's?

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #529 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 17:12:25 »

Show Image

Was half asleep when I first saw this, all I could think was

WHYYYYYYYYY

Offline Treadstone

« Reply #530 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 18:06:55 »
Does anyone know the voltage supplied to the key matrix - so we could calculate the resistors for the switch LEDs?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #531 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 18:17:53 »
Does anyone know the voltage supplied to the key matrix - so we could calculate the resistors for the switch LEDs?

Cool that you want to do this, unfortunately I do not have the voltage.

Maybe this info can help you?

"But you cannot use both in-switch leds and on-pcb leds at the same time. They are backlight and share the same resistor (470R), so if you apply the both at the same time, the brightness of them will diverse. Side LEDs are not affected because they have their own channel. They use 133R resistors."

Offline MrDaddio

« Reply #532 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 22:18:50 »
I am a noob to this group buy process and I'm not afraid to ask what needs to be in the declaration value field at the end. I am located in the US if that matters. Excited to get a HHKB kit, looks sweet!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #533 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 22:32:27 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:39:04 by alienman82 »

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #534 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 02:11:28 »
I am a noob to this group buy process and I'm not afraid to ask what needs to be in the declaration value field at the end. I am located in the US if that matters. Excited to get a HHKB kit, looks sweet!

You don't need to put anything. 20$ is normal to avoid fees. If not I will put the full value and you might get fees in the US.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk

Offline spanyam

« Reply #536 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 15:07:15 »
Hey Leandre, I've emailed you a request to make one more change to my order. I'd previously gone with a black pcb and orange plate, but I'd like to change it to an orange pcb with Carbon Fiber plate. Please let me know if that's possible. Thanks!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #537 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 15:59:57 »
Hey Leandre, I've emailed you a request to make one more change to my order. I'd previously gone with a black pcb and orange plate, but I'd like to change it to an orange pcb with Carbon Fiber plate. Please let me know if that's possible. Thanks!

It is possible. I am going through emails soon.

Offline spanyam

« Reply #538 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 17:43:41 »

Thanks! Take your time, good to know it's possible. :)

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #539 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 23:05:25 »
Original post shows the HHKB bottom row to be:

The HHKB plates are : covered 1u - 1.5u - 1.5u - 7u - 1u - 1.5u - covered 1.5u

but pics from LeandreN show assembled keyboards/plates as: covered 1.5u-1u-1.5u-7u-1.5u-1u-covered 1.5u
(i.e. winkeyless with corner blockers)

Show Image

I'm assuming the pics are right, so I ordered the HHKB plate.
Just thought I'd mention the discrepancy, in case anyone else was deciding to get the HHKB plate.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #540 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 01:14:54 »

Sent an order during the weekend.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #541 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 11:06:13 »
Last chance to order, please spread the word!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #542 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 11:06:30 »

Sent an order during the weekend.

Thanks.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 11:07:41 »
Original post shows the HHKB bottom row to be:

The HHKB plates are : covered 1u - 1.5u - 1.5u - 7u - 1u - 1.5u - covered 1.5u

but pics from LeandreN show assembled keyboards/plates as: covered 1.5u-1u-1.5u-7u-1.5u-1u-covered 1.5u
(i.e. winkeyless with corner blockers)

Show Image

I'm assuming the pics are right, so I ordered the HHKB plate.
Just thought I'd mention the discrepancy, in case anyone else was deciding to get the HHKB plate.

covered 1.5u - 1u - 1.5u - 7u - 1.5u - 1u - covered 1.5u is the final design. Sorry about the OP.

Offline Eugene45

« Reply #544 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 07:13:11 »
Hello, is there any chance that the next drop may contain Iso TKL plate who support switch top removal?
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 07:16:36 by Eugene45 »

lmao, cut the French some slack, they gave you a big statue

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #545 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 07:15:49 »
It is great to know that the HHKB plates includes ISO support now, my dream layout is now possible, blank bottom corners with ISO enter and ANSI shifts and US International, wow. Sent an email to Leandren to add a plate to my order.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #546 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 07:17:11 »
HHKB with ISO enter
Where is your backspace gonna be?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #547 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 07:31:49 »
I have about 20 mails about order changes I'll go through tonight. Last day to change your orders!

GON placed the order for parts to the factory.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #548 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 07:32:21 »
HHKB with ISO enter

At its normal position and in 2u size, I use it a lot and the times I have try the official HHKB backspace/delete position I have never become accustomed to it, my stubborn muscle memory failed to learn new tricks, "an old dog does not ..." you know.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 08:07:06 »
HHKB with ISO enter

At its normal position and in 2u size, I use it a lot and the times I have try the official HHKB backspace/delete position I have never become accustomed to it, my stubborn muscle memory failed to learn new tricks, "an old dog does not ..." you know.
Will you post your keyboard? I'm curious to see how it looks like.