Author Topic: Finally Berserk is back!  (Read 3224 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Finally Berserk is back!
« on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 23:10:21 »
what was it; a one year wait for author Kentaro Miura to complete some lolicon sci-fi set 100million years in the future when humans have embraced insects?

Now Berserk Chapter 334 is out!

http://mangafox.me/manga/berserk/v38/c334/1.html
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
Re: Finally Berserk is back!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 23:16:14 »
Meanwhile, 2+ years later, Togashi is still on hiatus, probably still playing Dragon Quest or some other game.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 01:32:10 »
Meanwhile, 2+ years later, Togashi is still on hiatus, probably still playing Dragon Quest or some other game.

Maybe he's j***ing off. Japan has lots of adult-oriented stuff to indulge one in.

Really, you've got to wonder what do manga artists do sometimes. Aren't they anxious to get their story completed? Berserk isn't even getting anywhere near any turning points that I can see. Doesn't Kentaro Miura worry that one day there'll be an earthquake or Tsunami and he'll die with his opus unfinished?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 01:36:13 »
Maybe he's j***ing off. Japan has lots of adult-oriented stuff to indulge one in.

I don't see the need to.  He's married to the mangaka of Sailor Moon.

Really, you've got to wonder what do manga artists do sometimes. Aren't they anxious to get their story completed? Berserk isn't even getting anywhere near any turning points that I can see. Doesn't Kentaro Miura worry that one day there'll be an earthquake or Tsunami and he'll die with his opus unfinished?

I wondered the same thing about George Morikawa and Hajime no Ippo.  That manga's only a couple of weeks younger than I am!

Offline ebacho

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 01:56:56 »
I started reading this such a long time ago I don't even remember what was going on.  Go figure.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 15:42:41 »
oh joy!, first chapter back...

bath scene

really should just end this manga, it hasn't been good since 066

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 03:05:21 »
oh joy!, first chapter back...

bath scene

really should just end this manga, it hasn't been good since 066

Agree Lanx

The early chapters of Berserk were full of rape, but it was obviously not fanservice and very much a part of the dark, disorderly and fearful medieval world that the characters had to live in.

Now we are getting ludicrous bath scenes.

But I think even the fantasy bath scenes fit the current environment of Falconia. There's something very disturbing about the characters frolicking in baths, forgetting their zillions of woes, even while trolls, monsters and dragons are driving humans out of the rest of the world to see refuge in Falconia.

This isn't a world that will last. The fact that the stable has monsters inside is a little hint. I don't agree with fanservice, but Kentaro Miura isn't an idiot and I suspect next chapter he's going to bring our bathroom fantasies down to the ground with a very uncomfortable meeting between Rickerts and Griffith. It's perfectly normal for an artist to create contrasting chapters.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:53:37 »
This seemed appropriate to post here  :cool:

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 12:44:12 »
 pls revive d gray man

Offline Lanx

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 11:24:05 »
pls revive d gray man

probably never, if you don't know, the mangaka has been sick and ignored/can't work on dgray man, so they put her on hiatus, and now just cancelled her too

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 11:25:59 »
I feel that after a certain point.. once the universe is established, once the design elements are thoroughly explained.

THe author can just make bullet points of --what happens--

And people will pay him  a quarter.. just to read the 10 or so sentences..

I could care less about the pictures..

For example..  I want to know what happens in Naruto.. But I'm not going to bother watching any of shippuden..

So, I just go to wiki, and read the 1 liner synopsis..  and I'm all caught up.. DONE..

Offline dante

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 11:28:16 »
I gave up on Anime/Manga probably in the late 90's.  By that time there was just too much ... an avalanche of stuff that I couldn't keep up with.

I miss the times I could walk into a comic store and only 5% of it would be dedicated to this type of content.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 11:35:32 »
I feel that after a certain point.. once the universe is established, once the design elements are thoroughly explained.

For example..  I want to know what happens in Naruto.. But I'm not going to bother watching any of shippuden..

So, I just go to wiki, and read the 1 liner synopsis..  and I'm all caught up.. DONE..

"I don't date women, but I've watched Blind Date and read  It's Not Him, It's You so I think I have enough of an idea of what it's about"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 11:38:14 »

"I don't date women, but I've watched Blind Date and read The English Patient so I think I have enough of an idea of what it's about"

Dude..   If Men's minds were able to take ^^^^^ that knowledge to heart..  SO MUCH TIME would be saved..

What you've written is our very future..   Dating, procreation, these are certainly necessary activities TODAY, but extremely costly..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 11:39:06 »

"I don't date women, but I've watched Blind Date and read The English Patient so I think I have enough of an idea of what it's about"

Dude..   If Men's minds were able to take ^^^^^ that knowledge to heart..  SO MUCH TIME would be saved..

What you've written is our very future..   Dating, procreation, these are certainly necessary activities TODAY, but extremely costly..

Are you really an android? You have to tell us if you're actually an android.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 11:41:21 »

Well, a dream of mine since age 16 has been to be uploaded to the internet and leave behind my biomechanical limitations..

But.. alas,  dreams.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 11:47:00 »

Well, a dream of mine since age 16 has been to be uploaded to the internet and leave behind my biomechanical limitations..

But.. alas,  dreams.

Wouldn't you rather do it the other way around? Take the information out of the internet and apply it to real life?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 12:30:22 »
No I would not.

I'd rather become data itself..

I mean..   FUNDAMENTALLY,  this is already true, because -data- as far as we know are physical objects..

Because Tp4 is also a physical entity, he too is data, the record medium being an arbitrary segment of the universe..

So, I suppose, if I were to be more precise..  I wish my "consciousness" to traverse and directly connect to the larger storage medium.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 12:34:40 »

No I would not.

I'd rather become data itself..

I mean..   FUNDAMENTALLY,  this is already true, because -data- as far as we know are physical objects..

Because Tp4 is also a physical entity, he too is data, the record medium being an arbitrary segment of the universe..

So, I suppose, if I were to be more precise..  I wish my "consciousness" to traverse and directly connect to the larger storage medium.

You can't hug data

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 12:37:37 »
Well my point is,  since we ARE data..   as there is no known intangible data..

We can hug it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 12:52:38 »
The intangible data is the unknown and what we don't understand and there's plenty of that. If you're drawing a hard line between known logic and created experience you'll never have the capacity to grow and create, only mimic and absorb.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 12:54:36 »
how did Berserk the topic turn into dating?

99.975% of the sex that takes place in berserk is nonconsensual. Apart from Griffith having consensual sex with the Princess, there are probably 3999 rapes. And no, I don't like all that nonstop raping even if it's part of the violent and unfair world that Gutz lives in.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 12:59:37 »
The intangible data is the unknown and what we don't understand and there's plenty of that. If you're drawing a hard line between known logic and created experience you'll never have the capacity to grow and create, only mimic and absorb.

That is absolutely correct.. I don't believe humanity has ever "created" anything..

That very aspect of CREATING, is actually predicated on analysis of limited frames of perception.

If we agree that fundamentally energy and therefore matter can not be created or destroyed.. Then for all intensive purposes, humanity can not violate that rule..

All we've ever done is Absorb and rearrange..

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:21:20 »

That is absolutely correct.. I don't believe humanity has ever "created" anything..

That very aspect of CREATING, is actually predicated on analysis of limited frames of perception.

If we agree that fundamentally energy and therefore matter can not be created or destroyed.. Then for all intensive purposes, humanity can not violate that rule..

This is one of the most profound insights I have ever seen from TP. Isn't it like 10am in California now? And TP is already drunk?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 14:11:48 »

This is one of the most profound insights I have ever seen from TP. Isn't it like 10am in California now? And TP is already drunk?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 16:01:56 »

But.. alas,  dreams.

Do you dream of electric sheep?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 16:11:47 »
Hrmm..

Let me describe my most common dream..

Tp4.

Atop a tall empty building

Sitting in a chair in front of the table.

Brows furrowed

Steepling hands.

Looking through them across a panoramic glass window..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 16:54:05 »
"Looking through them across a panoramic glass window.." - an unusual expression.

Many people might have said "Looking across them through a panoramic glass window.."
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ