Author Topic: CM QuickFire-I  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Jixr

CM QuickFire-I
« on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 21:22:41 »
not sure if this has been posted, but looks like its an MSRP of $149.99 A little bit higher than I think most people were expecting, almost 2x the price of the old QFR

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/cooler-master-quickfire-rapid-i-fully-backlit-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 April 2014, 21:29:44 by Jixr »

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
Re: CM QuickFire-I
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 22:50:48 »
:\

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 00:07:22 »
It's been posted before ...  :-X

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 00:33:01 »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 00:36:29 »
not sure if this has been posted, but looks like its an MSRP of $149.99 A little bit higher than I think most people were expecting, almost 2x the price of the old QFR

Show Image

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/cooler-master-quickfire-rapid-i-fully-backlit-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/

msrp of original qfr was also pretty high

qfr is only $50ish after rebates now because its so old and common

wait another year or two and the qfri will be $50

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 00:45:14 »

Show Image

But Ergx will still be $250.. cuz it's too 1337 for $50

Offline Permeability

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 13:05:52 »
This seems to be available on Newegg now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129031

I don't like the price at all..
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 13:29:51 »
Neither do I. I still have to pay through the nose for a ducky shine 3 though.

But I will just stick to a Trigger Z. If I want TKL then i'll just wait for the QFR-SI hoping it's MUCH cheaper. 150$ is ridiculous for a TKL

Or is it? Ducky is known for QC problems. And also priced around the same area. I'll have me CM rather.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 April 2014, 14:00:56 by YuukiHaruto »

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 13:42:22 »
Wow.  Spendier than I though.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 20:24:00 »

Show Image

But Ergx will still be $250.. cuz it's too 1337 for $50

Show Image

I built my most recent ergodox for much less.

akmalamute stainless steel plates (optional)
14 m3 bolts
14 m3 standoffs
14 m3 cap screws
6 pieces of rubber for traction
clear switches from a $25 shipped cherry POS board
keycaps from wherever

win!

Lowering the entry cost to the ergodox would mean more people can have it: it's one reason the entire design is permissively licensed open hardware: so we can get it into the hands of everyone by whatever means possible.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 20:47:45 »
Like I said in the reddit thread: You can get a Filco for that much, why get one of these?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:21:31 »
Like I said in the reddit thread: You can get a Filco for that much, why get one of these?
Cuz it's backlited bro!

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:46:46 »

Is the build quality of a Filco really that much more noticeable than that of Coolermaster's QFR, or the Rapid I (which will presumably be superior, and at the very least equal to that of the QFR) to the point where you would forego extra features (which may not appeal to everyone, but can simply be ignored if they are not to your liking) at the same price?

With either keyboard, I doubt that build quality issues will result in the death of the keyboard before some other external factor (such as spilling a drink, dropping something heavy, etc.).

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:35:37 »
Buy one if you like it. Don't buy one if you would rather have something else.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 16:19:31 »
Buy one if you like it. Don't buy one if you would rather have something else.

Isn't that how most things work  :))

Offline alosec

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 19:04:40 »
was expecting a price closer to $110 or $120... correct me if I'm wrong, but not even DS3's are $150? I thought they were $130ish?

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 04:56:19 »
was expecting a price closer to $110 or $120... correct me if I'm wrong, but not even DS3's are $150? I thought they were $130ish?
DS3s are 150$. And from what I can see you have to wait for them to stock up ... they're all backorder or out of stock.

Offline Warduke

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 12:25:04 »
But the DS3 TKL is around 140, so this would be more expensive than that. It's ridiculous.
Unicomp Customizer 104 - Rosewill RK-9000 - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - CM Storm QuickFire Stealth -
Pok3r

Offline johndavis33

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 12:43:44 »

Is the build quality of a Filco really that much more noticeable than that of Coolermaster's QFR, or the Rapid I (which will presumably be superior, and at the very least equal to that of the QFR) to the point where you would forego extra features (which may not appeal to everyone, but can simply be ignored if they are not to your liking) at the same price?

With either keyboard, I doubt that build quality issues will result in the death of the keyboard before some other external factor (such as spilling a drink, dropping something heavy, etc.).

IMO

Yeah, it is. Not for durabilities sake, but you can tell the difference when typing on it. Still, I think at this price the main competition is the ducky shine, which also has better build quality and lighting than this.
HAVE AND WILL KEEP: HHKB - Printed white | Ducky Banana edition - Whites | Model M13 | Unidentified Goodwill keyboard - Simplified black ALPS
TOO BE SOLD: TG3 BL82 - Clears | Wheelwrite 5 - Buckling Springs typewriter
SOLD: Rosewill RK9000 - Blacks | QFR - Blues | Ducky G2 Pro - Greens |
IT WILL BE MINE: Northgate Omnikey - White ALPS

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 13:28:44 »

it is absolutely more noticeable

especially when you open up the board
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 13:40:32 »
Does anyone know who's the OEM of the QFR-I?
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 14:10:06 »
I wanna say Costar, but I don't have confirmation.

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 04:30:28 »
I won't be giving a review ... Not going to be brought into my country  :confused: