Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 250731 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Things you hate
« Reply #1700 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 00:58:15 »
Knowing you have to get sleep to function the next day, but wanting to surf threads instead.

That's every day, isn't it? :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1701 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 12:55:10 »
Knowing you have to get sleep to function the next day, but wanting to surf threads instead.

That's every day, isn't it? :))

Habits are tough to break, yo'

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1702 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 21:22:37 »
I hate this ****:

Wasn't dating that long, but still....

Now we're "friends". It's kind of weird and I don't know how I feel.

Is this "things you hate? appropriate?

Edit:  And more things I hate.  When crazy old women get ahold of the after hours line for emergencies and call to complain about you not knowing you're the one calling them back.  If you ask for a pass for your kid to see their father's grave repeatedly, TAKE THEM TO THE ****ING GRAVE and don't tell me that the dozen or so authorized overnight passes didn't happen and that they "couldn't" go to the grave any of those times.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:15:26 by nubbinator »

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1703 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:21:09 »
These words that just came out of my coworkers mouth: "Yeah I listen to a TON of music. I'm an audiophile. I have a huge collection of music."

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1704 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:27:44 »
These words that just came out of my coworkers mouth: "Yeah I listen to a TON of music. I'm an audiophile. I have a huge collection of music."
LOL
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #1705 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:41:57 »
a metric ****ton?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1706 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 01:57:58 »
One of least favorite my subordinates at work likes to hit his Enter key as hard as humanly possibly whenever he's finished with something.

I am thinking of silencing that one key before he comes in.

Don't waste time damaging a keyboard, easy to just snap his finger off  :thumb: .  You pull and twist in the opposite direction, pretty easy to dislodge the index finger out of it's ligaments and twist it so it comes away from the joint.

Just enjoy the pleasure of their crying as they spasm into shock  :)) .  Done it before at a nightclub when the only way to shut them up is to take away their finger.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1707 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 02:05:35 »
I hate that I get so ****ing grumpy when I'm hungry. I'm literally the exact market that Snickers is targeting in their ads :(.

HOLY ****! THIS IS TOO TRUE!

edit-going to bring snickers every time I meet up with him :p

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1708 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 06:16:49 »
Getting stuck behind someone when driving that won't pull up far enough at a stoplight to trip the sensor for said stoplight.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Roibhilin

• Saver of Humens
« Reply #1709 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 19:25:36 »
-MRAs/Nice Guys(s**tstorm incoming)
-Little kids running around in restaurants
-Gary, Indiana

QFR | Poker II | Quickfire TK

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1710 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 19:34:41 »
I hate that I get so ****ing grumpy when I'm hungry. I'm literally the exact market that Snickers is targeting in their ads :(.

hahaha.....

no , buhh... in seriousness, pretty sure this type of suger/energy related mood-swings is something that correlates with pre-diabetes..    and it's not something that will show up on bloodwork..

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1711 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:08:23 »
insects
****ing insects everywhere god damnit
especially spiders, there's this looming ****wit in a corner where i can't quite get it too
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #1712 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:11:57 »

hahaha.....

no , buhh... in seriousness, pretty sure this type of suger/energy related mood-swings is something that correlates with pre-diabetes..    and it's not something that will show up on bloodwork..

It's a symptom of hypoglycemia. Runs in my family...basically, just make sure at the very least you can get to some juice or pop when necessary. I'd go get checked out. It can be a symptom of diabetes, but more often than not, it is a standalone condition.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1713 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:16:44 »
Stop saying "bro". Just stop. There are so many alternatives.

I'm just going to start calling *** Caps "Homie Caps".

EDIT: In fact, I have so much hate for the term, I'm going to put it in my sig.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:18:51 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1714 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:19:54 »

bruhcaps
ballercaps
homiecaps
homeboycaps
ogcaps
hoecaps
dogcaps
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1715 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:25:39 »

bruhcaps
ballercaps
homiecaps
homeboycaps
ogcaps
hoecaps
dogcaps

mancaps
youcaps
yocaps
dudecaps
sircaps
ma'amcaps
amigocaps
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Things you hate
« Reply #1716 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:34:11 »

bruhcaps
ballercaps
homiecaps
homeboycaps
ogcaps
hoecaps
dogcaps

mancaps
youcaps
yocaps
dudecaps
sircaps
ma'amcaps
amigocaps
mi'ladycaps
gringocaps
compadrecaps
comradecaps
bolshevikcaps
proletariatcaps
bourgeoisiecaps
heathencaps
aristocaps
bowlercaps
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 July 2014, 07:37:34 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1717 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 11:39:36 »

It's a big azn thing I think. Like how white dudes say "dude" a lot.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #1718 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 19:50:31 »
moarcaps
jazzycaps
chumcaps
cronycaps
buddycaps
palcaps
übercaps
posercaps
coolcaps
topcaps
featurecaps
accentcaps
dramacaps
metacaps
mongocaps
ultracaps
hypercaps
fussycaps
glitzycaps
siscaps
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1719 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:21:06 »

hahaha.....

It's a symptom of hypoglycemia. Runs in my family...basically, just make sure at the very least you can get to some juice or pop when necessary. I'd go get checked out. It can be a symptom of diabetes, but more often than not, it is a standalone condition.

OR... diabetus..  deregulation of blood sugar.. all the same system..  very hard to say for sure..

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1720 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:41:13 »
OR... diabetus..  deregulation of blood sugar.. all the same system..  very hard to say for sure..

Just go see your Doctor and get a current Blood Glucose level check plus they'll take some extra vials of blood from you to check what your glucose levels are like over a 3 month period.

Make sure you get checked because I've seen old guys with diabetes that have lost their finger/toes and eyesight due to this disease.

Offline TheMark

« Reply #1721 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 21:31:56 »
How in the photo threads, people quote others posts and leave all the pics in the quote... Then 10 more people do the exact same thing. Before you know it, you have multiple pages of the same 10 pics. Argh!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1722 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:49:36 »
Trying to transport a very large bouquet of flowers in a vase FULL of water without half of it ending up in the bag.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iri

« Reply #1723 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 14:50:23 »
**** you, github.
**** you.
**** you.
**** you.
**** you.
**** you.
**** you.
**** you.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1724 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 17:00:33 »
my god damned unit froze into a solid block of ice... it was old but damnit....

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1725 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 17:01:39 »

Show Image

On the plus side, you looked stocked up for icy beverages now!

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1726 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 17:10:00 »

Show Image

limited time exclusive ice binge caps ;)
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1727 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 21:11:40 »
A family member of mine just donated a box of my keyboards. It had a teensy modded Model M, pewter model M key caps, a great ALPs board, and probably another couple of boards I can't remember.

I've never been this angry in my life. Not once. I lost it... Neighbors probably think I'm crazy.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1728 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 23:59:05 »
A family member of mine just donated a box of my keyboards. It had a teensy modded Model M, pewter model M key caps, a great ALPs board, and probably another couple of boards I can't remember.

I've never been this angry in my life. Not once. I lost it... Neighbors probably think I'm crazy.

Donated to where? Can't you get them back somehow?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1729 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 00:06:35 »

I can't even imagine how mad I'd be.

You'd better do everything you can to get those back  :mad:

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1730 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 03:22:34 »

now that's ****ed up
why the **** did that person even consider doing that
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #1731 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 03:52:50 »
I hate how geekhack sort of just dies right around this time every night, when I'm at my most awake after work.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 August 2014, 03:55:07 by StylinGreymon »
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1732 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 03:56:26 »
I hate how geekhack sort of just dies right around this time every night, when I'm at my most awake after work.

Try living in Australia! The only time this place is really active is when I'm supposed to be sleeping or early in the mornings :(
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1733 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 18:56:41 »

wait seriously? your alternate choice was "homie" caps?

woot woot

sell out and eat ass

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1734 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 19:04:35 »
Is a homie now a juggalo or something????? If so, I take back what I said.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1735 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 22:23:05 »

Donated to where? Can't you get them back somehow?

I'll be going to the place on Monday. I doubt they will still be there, but I can hope.

On the positive side, I was given some leniency on rent this month. If you're going to just give away hundreds of dollars worth of keyboards, you can't expect me to pay you after that...

The person who donated my stuff is very sorry and was still walking around the house this morning, looking for the receipt and flyer for the charity / donations place.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Things you hate
« Reply #1736 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 05:30:31 »
you know like
when you're walking by yourself, and suddenly you theres someone else
and that person looks at you
and your legs just "HOW DO WALK"
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline TheMark

« Reply #1737 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:38:31 »

you know like

I hate that I read this 5 times, and still don't know what you're trying to say.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1738 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:45:03 »

you know like

I hate that I read this 5 times, and still don't know what you're trying to say.

it's pai language, you have to learn the specific dialect.

Translation: "You know what it's like when you're walking by yourself, and suddenly there's another person walking with you, and you start becoming self-conscious about how you're walking and you start walking all funny."
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1739 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:48:24 »

you know like

it's pai language, you have to learn the specific dialect.

Translation: "You know what it's like when you're walking by yourself, and suddenly there's another person walking with you, and you start becoming self-conscious about how you're walking and you start walking all funny."
snap crookle chips bag dihydrogen monoxide homeboy, cracking ****s.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1740 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 17:51:00 »
Dimethyl ether is the name of this game. \o/

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1741 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:37:18 »
I hate it when I arrange dishes like a retard

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1742 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:44:02 »

Show Image

HEY! NO!

...lol. I feel violated. My avatar says it all.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1743 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:45:20 »

Show Image

Dude, this is pretty bad...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1744 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:46:15 »

Show Image

lol... I do my dishes in the sink and then let them dry in the washer racks :P

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1745 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:46:28 »

Show Image

thats like cafeteria bad
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1746 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 18:47:20 »

Show Image

lol... I do my dishes in the sink and then let them dry in the washer racks :P

Yeah, I'd say that too.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance