Author Topic: Jailhouse Blue QFR tour  (Read 48333 times)

Offline khaangaaroo

Jailhouse Blue QFR tour
« on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 12:15:40 »
This is stemming from the original interest check thread here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42954.0
Check that thread for details on how JH Blues work and descriptions of what they feel like.

If you would like to participate, PM me your name and address, and I'll start a list. If we can get at least 10 people confirmed, I'll start the tour.

- After using the board for one week, you must ship the board to the next person with tracking.
- Shipping order will be determined based on zip code and lowest overall cost to the group.
- You can reply to this thread with a short review if you want.

Newer members might have to send some kind of deposit as collateral before the board is shipped to them. But I get to decide who participates in the tour. It's my board after all.

May 7: The tour is on! Check out the Google spreadsheet for shipping updates:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoj3z-eysjuVdEdVTmEySXpOV0trb3gyN0ZIRGJrMkE&usp=sharing

June 4: The board is on it's way back to me for repairs. Tour is delayed until I fix it.

June 7: Fixed. It'll be out to the next person shortly.

Sept 19: Keyboard home. /tour

Shipping order (updated June 13)
phx
fohat.digs
mashby
Photoelectric
Mugen
CPTBadAss
TheBinary
SpAmRaY
Gupgup
rarar
SpAmRaY
Lbeuol
hashbaz
gameaholic
Jalberstone

Possible UK tour if a good number of people sign up
BunnyLake
tom88jerry
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2013, 19:10:50 by khaangaaroo »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Jailhouse Blue QFR tour
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 12:17:01 »
Yes please, I'd like to sign up for this tour.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 13:09:37 »
Khangaroo, you actually made an entire board with this?

Wow, that's dedication,, PITA.. to the max

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 16:58:55 »
Nice to see some more interest in these,  I love mine.

It certainly takes a while, I had it down to about 2 per minute using wire to wrap the stems, your fingers get tired at that pace though, and that doesn't include spring trimming. I think it took me about 3 hours to do mine, but that included adding lube.

Great job khaangaaroo, what did you use to lock the stems? And did you trim the springs or leave them at 80grams?
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 17:14:33 »
I used strips of credit card plastic to lock the stems, and I left the springs stock.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 17:28:38 »
PM'd

Offline spidum

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 21:06:33 »
This interests me. PM'd

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 04:07:55 »
Now this is rather interesting! Time to do some research on this mod even before I consider participating :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 05:51:14 »
im in pming now
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:59:51 »
Now this is rather interesting! Time to do some research on this mod even before I consider participating :D
Simply put, it creates a short travel Clear.

To get Ergo Clear, you have to trim the springs to bring spring pressures down, which is how I run them.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:05:21 by Leslieann »
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:32:55 »

To get Ergo Clear, you have to trim the springs to bring spring pressures down, which is how I run them.

Oh, thank you for the information. I guess I can just throw in o-rings into my Clears to get a similar feeling :P

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:32:24 »

Oh, thank you for the information. I guess I can just throw in o-rings into my Clears to get a similar feeling :P
That shortens the overall travel, it does nothing to raise the activation point, which is what this does. Your switches/keys take about 4mm of travel to actuate, Jailhouse Blues require less than 2mm. O-rings only come into effect after the switch actuates.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:44:04 »
That shortens the overall travel, it does nothing to raise the activation point, which is what this does. Your switches/keys take about 4mm of travel to actuate, Jailhouse Blues require less than 2mm. O-rings only come into effect after the switch actuates.

Ah~ Good point. That makes sense. Hmmmmmm

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
Jailhouse Blue QFR tour
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:44:55 »
I'm in!

Offline Mugen

• O-Rings are the murderers of keyboard souls
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:54:11 »
Would like to take part in the tour if possible!

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 09:36:00 »
We've got a good cluster of people lined up. Most will only have to pay around $10 to ship to the next person.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 09:42:03 »
To organise collateral, i think they should pay the value of the board into your PayPal account and that money is returned once the board has arrived at its next destination. If you both gift then it will be free.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 09:51:45 »
To organise collateral, i think they should pay the value of the board into your PayPal account and that money is returned once the board has arrived at its next destination. If you both gift then it will be free.

That's what I suggested. No one seemed to be down for that...haha. So no fresh members on this tour yet, only vets.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 09:59:55 »
Don't think nubs really know what Jailhouse Blues are; want more interset? Change the title to "FREE TRIAL KEYBOARD" :p
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 11:58:57 »
This is pretty esoteric stuff.

I am afraid that I will like it, and have another hours-long project on my hands if I decide to go for it.

The casual user will not have the time or energy to do such a tedious mod. But, it might generate some business for somebody like Small Fry who does things for hire.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline jabar

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 12:00:47 »
Have you photographed the glued Blues with Clears and/or Browns side-by-side? I'm curious how similar it becomes to Clears.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 12:07:16 »
Nope. I didn't think to take any comparison shots.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 13:36:55 »
Put me on the list, I'm interested.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 16:29:19 »
Have you photographed the glued Blues with Clears and/or Browns side-by-side? I'm curious how similar it becomes to Clears.
If you glue the white part of Blues about 3/4's of the way up, the actuation point would be the same as any other Cherry switch, including Clears.

Surprisingly, Clears have a slightly larger bump for a bit more tactility. However, at some point, you get diminishing returns (you can only get so much tactility) and the slightly smaller bump also means fewer stuck switches compared to Clears.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:42:26 »
The board will go out to the first person today. It's going to start on the East Coast and work it's way back to me. Here's a map of the route.

Shipping order may change if more people join and happen to be located along the route. Otherwise, latecomers will be tacked on to the end of the list.

Offline TreeSc2

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:53:13 »
I wanna know how they sound!!!!

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:05:46 »
I wanna know how they sound!!!!
Same as a Clear.
You only hear the actual switch and bottoming out. No click from the noise-maker.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:07:24 by Leslieann »
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:12:23 »
Crap, how did I miss this?  I'm interested if there's a second US tour.

Offline phx

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 23:41:38 »
Honored to be the first tester of the Jailhouse Blue QFR, here is my take on the board.

It feels very similar to the MX brown but it doesn't bottom out. Basically, take the MX blue and minus the click and the clack.
Because of the additional piece added to the stem I guess it makes the stem a bit too long, that's why it doesn't bottom out.
I've used it for about 5 days for gaming and typing.
Gaming: Didn't really notice a difference, but I suppose the shorter press may be better for double tap?
Typing: Very pleasant to type on, very quiet too so it was nice for the people in the office. It's like the brown with a very soft landing pad.

Video demonstrating the sound (feels a lot louder than it should, with the jailhouse it's much easier to type quietly without producing much sound, I pressed the keys with a fair amount of strength in the video)

Verdict:
a very neat modification, good for those who enjoy the brown but want to reduce the noise generated from bottoming out the switches. definitely requires a lot of work to modify each switch, and if you don't do it perfectly there is a slight difference between the switches, I can still hear a faint click sound on some of the keys.

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2013, 23:43:36 by phx »

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 09:27:44 »
Could I still join? My heatware will go up once I finish a trade and my QFR with greens cone in. ;)

Offline brighenne

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 22:08:01 »
Can I try whenever it's to get back to you? I'm in long beach so seems to makes sense logistically.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 22:28:13 »
Hrm, I'm interested.  I LOVE MX Browns, and experimenting with similar switches is interesting.  Would also love to try Ergo Clears at some point.  I see that there's a Massachusetts person somewhere in the Boston area drawn on the map already.  I wonder if I could join in with them to have a brief test out since they happen to be nearby.

EDIT: Well, just checked the spreadsheet (didn't realize zip codes were listed), and the board's already away :(  Oh well =/
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2013, 22:31:47 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 21:11:06 »
The first thing that I need to comment on is the CM Quickfire Rapid keyboard itself. I am not a regular user of small boards, by any means (my daily drivers are battleships, if not aircraft carriers), and have never owned a board in this form factor. I was constantly reaching for the number pad, and more importantly, the Enter key on the numpad, the one I use all the time, in preference to the proper one.

The board itself feels very solid and well-made. I am quite impressed with its quality, knowing that it is a low-price keyboard. Its small sturdy footprint and lack of ornamentation might make it my first choice in buying an item of this type, provided that I came with the switches I wanted. Having said that, the F4 is dead and the backspace feels bad, way too stiff and not smooth either. Cooler Master's QC problem, or something else after the fact?

The first time through Aqua Key Test, all keys registered properly, except F4.

After writing that, this:

ARRRRRRGGGHH! About 2/3 of the way through typing this summary, working in Word 2010, and I pressed Control-S to save my work and I was bounced out and logged off of Windows 7! WTF! Both mice were completely dead, too. Later, after a couple of reboots and hot-plugs, I have decided to give up. Subsequent tests such as Aqua Key hinted at a problem centered around the area at the top center ("U" - "7" - "F5" etc) but I couldn't really pinpoint it by pressing keys. I can’t abide not knowing when I will get an unexpected shutdown, it is scary!

I left it on the shelf for 48 hours and hot-plugged it back in. All seemed to be fine, for now. This will be my last entry typed on this board. Although I really like it, my paranoia is too great. I trust that all future testers will report on similar activity, so that we can know whether this was just a random “me” event, or whether there is a gremlin in the works. Update, after working for about 5-10 minutes – crash!

Now, about the switches. I wish that I still had Hashbaz’s tester, to feel these “jailhouse blues” alongside some of their cousins, most notably the browns, clears, and ergo-clears. With the click removed, these are proper tactile switches. I am particularly eager to understand the similarities and differences in comparison between these and clears. Do any of you have both? And could you describe them against each other?

Surprisingly, they do not feel particularly light, I was expecting a feather touch. They are not overly heavy, but more resistant than I was expecting. The only Cherry MX board that I currently own is the G80-11900 with linear blacks, and the touch of these is lighter than them, but the difference in the stroke makes it hard to quantify.

Surely, the nicest thing about them is how high the activation point is. That may account for part of the heavier feel, since the activation is concentrated in a smaller distance than usual and/or there is not that momentum-building “dead zone” at the top of the stroke before activation.

These switches will take some getting used to, but, afterwards, I am sure that a touch typist could really gain some benefit from the short throw.

These are switches that are almost "difficult" to bottom out, since they travel so far after activation. I just had to try it putting pads or O-rings on a couple of keys. The O-ring did not make much difference, but a soft landing pad was nice. I prefer landing pads with blues, anyway. If you are typing efficiently, you will probably seldom go all the way down.

Summary: I really like these switches. I have had a blue board and sold it because the sound was too annoying, but this seems to remove the bad attributes and improve the action with the higher activation point. When I do get around to buying another Cherry board, I was looking at clears, but this might be the better option. And since I have other projects in line, this might be one to farm out, if someone would do it at a low price.

Great idea, great solution, great community service by circulating this tester. Thanks !
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2013, 07:48:24 by fohat.digs »
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline GeoTang

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 22:56:40 »
Shortening the distance to actuate is a cool idea.
Never thought of actually modding the stems.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 00:29:45 »
Eek, sorry to hear about the crashes. I wonder if it has something to do with the malfunctioning F4 (probably from my poor soldering work.) I know some combinations of Ctrl/Alt/F4 will close stuff, and even open up a prompt to shut down windows. I might have to have to postpone the tour while I fix it if the next person has these issues as well.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 01:25:39 »
Surprisingly, they do not feel particularly light, I was expecting a feather touch. They are not overly heavy, but more resistant than I was expecting.
Unless you cut the springs, you end up with an 80gram actuation, and these were not cut. Cutting 2() coils off the end brings it down to normal blue/red/brown pressures.

Shortening the distance to actuate is a cool idea.
Never thought of actually modding the stems.

The only way to do it is to stick something in the top between the top of the stem and the switch housing and that won't be easy to do with any sort of consistency.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 08:54:36 »

Unless you cut the springs, you end up with an 80gram actuation, and these were not cut. Cutting 2() coils off the end brings it down to normal blue/red/brown pressures.

Ahh. I would want that, too. This is not a trivial mod, but one that might ultimately be worth it.

And in comparison to clears, it is the high activation point that could not be achieved without the help of that white piece on the plunger?

Eek, sorry to hear about the crashes. I wonder if it has something to do with the malfunctioning F4 (probably from my poor soldering work.) I know some combinations of Ctrl/Alt/F4 will close stuff, and even open up a prompt to shut down windows. I might have to have to postpone the tour while I fix it if the next person has these issues as well.

I love keyboard shortcuts. To save and close a document in Word, I will do "Control-S" then "Control-W" and finally "Alt-F4"

Also F5 is very popular with me.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:05:58 »

Ahh. I would want that, too. This is not a trivial mod, but one that might ultimately be worth it.

And in comparison to clears, it is the high activation point that could not be achieved without the help of that white piece on the plunger?
No, the plunger is the key.
The mod wedges it as far down as possible, this is what moves the activation point.

Clears actually have slightly more tactility, but it's hard to notice. This extra tactility is also why Ergo Clears sometimes stick. If you could force the stem to sit lower, then yes, you could replicate the short travel of Jailhouse Blues, but your keycaps would sit lower into your keyboard. I'm still looking for an easy way to do that.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phx

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:25:49 »
hmm....

as the first tester I also had some random issues hot plugging the board, at that time I thought it was just my computer acting up so I didnt really take note of it.
I remember I plugged it into the USB port while my computer was locked, first few attempts the computer didnt pick up the device, and once it picked it up it was behaving very strangely. Some keys would work but a few keys when pressed would output a bunch of random characters. I eventually got it to work just by replugging it, and once it worked it continued to work just fine. So I still think it's probably the computer fault? Not sure.

Good to read other people's thoughts on the board, and onto the next person we go!  ;D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 16:32:21 »
hmm....

as the first tester I also had some random issues hot plugging the board, at that time I thought it was just my computer acting up so I didnt really take note of it.
I remember I plugged it into the USB port while my computer was locked, first few attempts the computer didnt pick up the device, and once it picked it up it was behaving very strangely. Some keys would work but a few keys when pressed would output a bunch of random characters. I eventually got it to work just by replugging it, and once it worked it continued to work just fine. So I still think it's probably the computer fault? Not sure.

Good to read other people's thoughts on the board, and onto the next person we go!  ;D

I have a mid-range system with a new-ish Gigabyte motherboard and AMD 4100 CPU.

I generally use a USB hub because the back of my computer case is hard to access. I use a powered USB 3.0 hub and a non-powered USB 2.0 hub. The powered hub was giving me some keyboard trouble on boot-up, so I keep the keyboard hooked up to the unpowered hub.

Since it worked several times before acting up, I have some suspicion that it is the keyboard and not the computer. The fact that it shut down the mice that were connected to the same hub was troubling, but all my original gear seems to be working properly again.

Offline gvfarns

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 23:51:47 »
Khaangaaroo, could you perhaps briefly mention (or post a link about) how you get the switches open on this board.  I've got a QFR but I was under the impression that getting to the internals of the switch on this board required desoldering.  Is that correct?  I have the time/energy to try a similar experiment, but not so much if I have to bust out the soldering iron.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 23:58:07 »
Yeah, QFRs require desoldering to remove and take apart the switches. Same goes for all  keyboards with plate-mounted switches, unless the original plate was swapped out for a custom plate.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 21:33:24 »
So what is going on here?

Was it just me, or is there a problem with the board?

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 21:36:07 »
I dunno. I told mashby to report back if he had problems. I'll give him a poke.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 10:03:00 »
Sorry for the lack of updates on my part. Work has been crushing for the past week. However, CPTBadAss asked me to hold onto it until next week since he wouldn't be able to pick it up until 6/3, so this shouldn't be delay the rest of the tour.

The board arrived and I plan on doing a full review this weekend and shipping the board out on Monday. I've typed on the keyboard, but I have not plugged it into a machine yet due to the issues that fohat.digs reported. I'll of course plug it in when I give the board a full work over and I'll report any issues I run into.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 11:14:07 »
OT: Am I the only one who can't stand demo videos where the person just mashes on the keys like a 6-month old baby? I want to heard what it sounds like to actually type on the thing </rant>

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 12:04:22 »
Challenge accepted.  ;D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 12:10:53 »
Challenge accepted.  ;D

Don't be RAGE FIST  typing we want this thing to make it to the rest of us  :))

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 15:04:38 »
I'm working on the review now, but I am sorry to say that I too had issues with the keyboard. Specifically, it's Row 4 that has problems and it did cause my computer to reboot.  :'(

Not a valid vimeo URL

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 15:09:20 »
I'm working on the review now, but I am sorry to say that I too had issues with the keyboard. Specifically, it's Row 4 that has problems and it did cause my computer to reboot.  :'(

Not a valid vimeo URL

Thanks for the video and awesome editing! T'was absolutely cute <3