Author Topic: old post  (Read 16758 times)

Offline koki

old post
« on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 04:20:31 »
old post do not read
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 January 2019, 18:57:30 by koki »

Offline Belfong

Re: Asking a girl out through a game?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 05:38:23 »
We are all too old here to remember how to ask a girl out. Ha ha.

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 06:31:10 »
No.  Women hate corny stuff like that, and like strong men.  Be a man and tell her you are interested and that you want to be more than friends.  Do it before someone else does.  Also, this probably should be in off topic.

Offline domesticbark

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 07:33:27 »
If she said no, how would you feel going through all that effort. That being said, since she is 15, she might think that's a sweet way to be asked out, but I think just telling her you like her and asking her out is the best way to do it. You can do sweet things like that after she says yes, and you'll need to learn how to approach asking someone out correctly anyway. That silly crap through a video game isn't going to work for many years. Might as well get a head start. Good luck!

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 07:58:13 »
Are we supposed to review your idea? I don't understand why this is posted here.
Anyway it ends up being all your decision so you go with your gut instinct.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2014, 08:02:44 by eddie »

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 08:02:11 »
Simply ask her straight away?

Or, if you are too shy, perhaps setup it like...
"I need your advice... So, there is that girl... She is really nice... She is really funny... She is really beautiful... "
"I really really like her... I'd like to go out with her, but I don't know how to ask her... And... The girl I'm talking about is YOU!"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 09:27:00 »
Friend zone = game over

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 09:33:02 »
Friend zone = game over

With no revive and no replay?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 09:33:27 »
Friend zone = game over

Then it sets your PC on fire
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 09:38:10 »
Friend zone = game over

Then it sets your PC on fire

With no chance of repairing or buying a new PC :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 09:41:25 »
Friend zone = game over

so its a rouge like?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 09:54:08 »
Eh, Ian McConville, the artist behind MacHall and ThreePanelSoul made a retro sidescroller game to propose to his girlfriend, and that worked just fine. Granted, he'd been with her for a while then and I assume he knew it'd work.

So the idea isn't completely bonkers, although going from what you've described it probably won't work. It's a pretty big risk, especially since she isn't really into games, so if you make her a game and she isn't all that interested you'll come across as a bit weird and creepy I'd guess.
If it works; cool, it'll make for a nice story after a while, but if it doesn't work then it might ruin your friendship completely.

Offline Neal

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 10:01:03 »
You don't need to be or do anything special to ask a girl out, just ask.

Disclaimer: I'm a 21yo who has been meaning to ask someone out for quite a while now...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 11:26:56 »
Hahahaha.... that's innocent and almost disney but.... you don't actually need to do ANY of that stuff...

The primary component to attraction is physical..   

Check list:

Do you like her physically?

Does she like you physically?

Is there someone more attractive than you are, who is in her social-circumstances?

--- Can you eliminate such a person by some form of competition?

Your parents and all your friends might be telling you "personality" matters..  That is only with respect to "LONG TERM" relationships..

Since you're 15.... that should not be a priority, and you should optimize towards gaining as much inter-gender experience as possible...

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 11:43:14 »
Whatever you do, do NOT put on a fedora.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 11:45:16 »
Whatever you do, do NOT put on a fedora.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 12:13:32 »
I'd say this is now a fedora hate thread, but that's mean.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 13:06:06 »
I feel like this thread has turned into life advice

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 13:25:58 »
I got my superb lady friend by falling asleep on her at a party.  She thought I was making a move and acting cute about it.  Really she just didn't push me off.

Attraction at its best.  :thumb:
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 13:32:57 »
I got my superb lady friend by falling asleep on her at a party.  She thought I was making a move and acting cute about it.  Really she just didn't push me off.

Attraction at its best.  :thumb:

right there... proof of what I'said

it's 99% physical...

Look at it this way..

What is the ultimate PURPOSE of relationships.... (selection process) towards  PROCREATION

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 13:37:38 »
Hahahaha.... that's innocent and almost disney but.... you don't actually need to do ANY of that stuff...

Check list:

Is there someone more attractive than you are, who is in her social-circumstances?

Your parents and all your friends might be telling you "personality" matters..  That is only with respect to "LONG TERM" relationships..

Since you're 15.... that should not be a priority, and you should optimize towards gaining as much inter-gender experience as possible...

What an awful thing to suggest to a 15-year-old
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 13:44:56 »

Check list:

What an awful thing to suggest to a 15-year-old

so what.. lie to him, so he can waste years of his life finding this out on his own? 

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 13:56:31 »
No don't do it.
Unfortunately, in situations like these if you have to ask it'll just seem like unwanted attention.

Offline Comment

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:07:08 »

Check list:

T
tp4tissue with those words of wisdom. if theres anything ive learned on GH, its to take everything he says with a grain of salt  :p
Check out my WTB/WTS/WTTF Thread!

HHKB Pro 2                 Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:18:46 »
Let me refer you to the DENNIS method here.

Or you can use this method. Flirt occasionally, but tell her you just want to be friends. Then when she starts to seem interested in you, start talking about another girl whom you're friends with that's she's never met. After a month or so of this, if she's interested in you, you'll know it. Eventually hang out with her and a group of friends, and dwindle down the group overtime until just the two of you hang out together. At this time you can have a personal conversation where you casually mention things not working out with your "other friend", and see what happens next.

Because nothing attracts a girl more then pretending like you're not interested.

Edit: Forgot to mention, it helps if you display a good level of confidence when you're around her...
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:22:31 by Wildcard »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:37:43 »
Sweet jeebus no. If you like her tell her to her face.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:42:55 »
Or you can use this method. Flirt occasionally, but tell her you just want to be friends. Then when she starts to seem interested in you, start talking about another girl whom you're friends with that's she's never met. After a month or so of this, if she's interested in you, you'll know it. Eventually hang out with her and a group of friends, and dwindle down the group overtime until just the two of you hang out together. At this time you can have a personal conversation where you casually mention things not working out with your "other friend", and see what happens next.

Because nothing attracts a girl more then pretending like you're not interested.

Edit: Forgot to mention, it helps if you display a good level of confidence when you're around her...
unholy crap on a cracker. how is this better than just ****ing asking her out?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:47:51 »

unholy crap on a cracker. how is this better than just ****ing asking her out?

Lolz,

Seriously though, if you like her just ask her out on a date and be confident about it. Sorry for those who don't get the USA TV reference to the show, Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Funny enough, when my wife and I were first dating she had a habit of only dating guys for a few months. At the time I was working on a few school projects with another friend whom we'll call "Jessica", and long story short, I guess talking about "Jessica" got her to cling onto me longer then her usual boyfriend.

Or it could be because I'm just that awesome :)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:58:36 »
Seriously though, if you like her just ask her out on a date and be confident about it.
This!
🍉

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:00:13 »
Well, you're young and I think it's best to get your started the right way rather than going through these laborious and cute but ultimately fruitless methods for picking up a girl.

1.  First of all, whether she says yes or no, do not get too bent up about it.  There are plenty of females out there.  Do not rely on girls or relationships to give you happiness.
2.  You do not ask girls out because that gives them the opportunity to say no to you.  You tell them you like her, you want to take her out sometime, we should go mini-golfing sometime, or while starring into each other's eyes after getting Double Chocolate Fudge Cookie Dough ice cream, just tell her that you want to kiss her.  However, if she rejects you, respect that no.  Do not push any farther than she is comfortable with.  Girls get hit on enough as it is and you should not be overly aggressive.
3.  Try to avoid talking about yourself as much as possible.  Ask her questions, find out about her, get her to talk about how she feels about things, her problems in life, her relationship with her siblings and parents, yada yada.  Always act like your are listening.
4.  If she rejects you, just say, "Hey, I enjoyed getting to know you.  You're an interesting person," or something positive like that.  Do not insult a person or say anything negative if they do not give you what you want.  Then act like it does not bug you that she rejected you and there are plenty of others things for you to do or other girls to hang out with.  That will throw her for a loop and then she might want you more because you are happy and confident and social and busy.

Now that method you mentioned would be a great way to ask her to a high school dance or something after you have been dating for awhile.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline theeattre

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:02:39 »
the collective advice here is atrocious. dude, you're fifteen, time to start honing your skills of perception.

start thinking about where the two of you are with informational intimacy. do you confide in each other? does she come to you instead of others when in need of someone to listen? are you the first person she comes to with news?

what about body language? does she touch you? that means touching your shoulder when you make her laugh. does she hug you when you part company? does she make an effort to sit next to you at events or during lunch?

when you flirt, tease, joke with her does she reciprocate? (if not, stop immediately because you're verging on creep. learn to tone your emotions down. this skill will serve you well in life's many facets.)

if you answered yes multiple times, congrats. if not, back to the drawing board. you need to start making an effort by listening to her. she'll let you know. and if you do become good friends, you're there for each other, and you're still asking yourself if she likes you, then the answer is more than likely "no".

there is no such thing as the friend zone. that's made up by inept boys who put in useless time trying to woo girls that weren't interested in the first place. terms like "friend zone" are there to assuage the ego, often preceding the word ***** or slut in order to reaffirm one's social worth. ignore this crap. also, ignore things like rules for waiting to call/text a girl. and don't play games like ignoring her or playing another girl up. just because it worked for someone else doesn't mean it will work for you.

hone your skills and stop going to the internet for advice. if you have to come to a forum to ask a question, the answer's already a big no.

good luck, dude!

also, those smaller hats are called trilbys, not fedoras.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:26:11 by theeattre »

Offline iri

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:06:16 »
Do not push any farther than she is comfortable with
aren't you a girl, prdlm2009?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:13:32 »
Do not push any farther than she is comfortable with
aren't you a girl, prdlm2009?

No.  Why do you assume such?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:22:01 »
Whip it out.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:24:18 »
the collective advice here is atrocious. dude, you're fifteen, time to start honing your skills of perception.

start thinking about where the two of you are with informational intimacy. do you confide in each other? does she come to you instead of others when in need of someone to listen? are you the first person she comes to with news?

what about body language? does she touch you? that means touching your shoulder when you make her laugh. does she hug you when you part company? does she make an effort to sit next to you at events or during lunch?

when you flirt, tease, joke with her does she reciprocate? (if not, stop immediately because you're verging on creep. learn to tone your emotions down. this skill will serve you well in life's many facets.)

if you answered yes multiple times, congrats. if not, back to the drawing board. you need to start making an effort by listening to her. she'll let you know. and if you do become good friends, you're there for each other, and you're still asking yourself if she likes you, then the answer is more than likely "no".

there is no such thing as the friend zone. that's made up by inept boys who put in useless time trying to woo girls that weren't interested in the first place. terms like "friend zone" are there to assuage the ego, often preceding the word ***** or slut in order to reaffirm one's social worth. ignore this crap. also, ignore things like rules for waiting to call/text a girl. and don't play games like ignoring her or playing another girl up. just because it worked for someone else doesn't mean it will work for you.

hone your skills and stop going to the internet for advice. if you have to come to a forum to ask a question, the answer's already a big no.

good luck, dude!

^^  This is probably the worst advice here..

There is no "technique"...

There is no "right way"...

Attraction is Automatic....   you see angelina-jolie, and you just KNOW, you want to have babies with her...

The same goes for women...  When a female sees Hugh Jackman,  she just KNOWs, she wants to have babies with him...

All the rituals that people talk about, the back and forth, the "romance"... none of that actually exists..

It's a very straight forward process...

You are physically attractive, check...

You are intelligent, can hold job, check....

You will not run away once a child is born, check.....

Done deal....

NOW, as a 15 year old...  Job, and child rearing are NOT part of the selection process... because you're too young for either.....

SO.... physical attraction is now the ONLY criteria...

Offline theeattre

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:32:27 »

good luck, dude!

^^  This is probably the worst advice here..

There is no "technique"...

There is no "right way"...

Attraction is Automatic....   you see angelina-jolie, and you just KNOW, you want to have babies with her...

The same goes for women...  When a female sees Hugh Jackman,  she just KNOWs, she wants to have babies with him...

All the rituals that people talk about, the back and forth, the "romance"... none of that actually exists..

It's a very straight forward process...

You are physically attractive, check...

You are intelligent, can hold job, check....

You will not run away once a child is born, check.....

Done deal....

NOW, as a 15 year old...  Job, and child rearing are NOT part of the selection process... because you're too young for either.....

SO.... physical attraction is now the ONLY criteria...

oh, sorry. well, i'm off to break out my club and start inseminating the lesser gender. here's to my future rape children (raises head of enemy whose brothel was just claimed)!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:39:03 »
What are you talking about?   where does rape come into this..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:41:03 »
Save yourself the headache and just block him.

Offline theeattre

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:48:31 »
Save yourself the headache and just block him.

because i took a feminist stance i should be blocked? my advice was sound. just because tp wants to believe the world is b&w (which sexual psychology has proven time and time again that it's not) the rest of us should be as ignorant? my rebuttal was tongue in cheek. i apologize to anyone who thought i would actually club a woman based on attraction, impregnate her while unconscious, then pillage another man's kingdom for his women while raising a toast to my unborn child, the result of non consensual sex.

or were you telling me to block tp? which i would, but he amuses me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:50:30 by theeattre »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:03:07 »
Whoa princess. I'm talking about blocking TP.

Offline theeattre

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:03:58 »
Whoa princess. I'm talking about blocking TP.

sorry, cutey.  ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:05:30 by theeattre »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:05:02 »
;) you aren't so bad yourself. But yeah, it's hard to argue with somebody that thinks he's always right.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:05:46 »
;) you aren't so bad yourself. But yeah, it's hard to argue with somebody that thinks he's always right.

See, OP, this is how you get a girl to go out with you.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:05:50 »

because I am right... arn't I, that's why it's hard to argue with me..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:06:35 »

because I am right... arn't I, that's why it's hard to argue with me..

Okay.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:10:27 »
Get a room already you three and show junior how it's done.

Offline theeattre

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:14:32 »

See, OP, this is how you get a girl to go out with you.

love it! thanks for the smile. :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:16:57 »
Get a room already you three and show junior how it's done.

what I really dislike is unobjective advice...

How exactly is all that ambiguous information by theeattre suppose to help the OP..

The underlying mechanics do not change from person to person.. and it's only FROM THERE, that we can develop a general strategy...

And my point is simply, that the mate selection process is not something you should attempt to superficially manipulate... It's a very base instinct..

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 16:42:38 »
Get a copy of Ready Player One.  Read it.  Give her a copy as well.  See if she likes it.

Then ask her out for a coffee soda, see if she says yes.

http://www.amazon.com/Ready-Player-One-A-Novel/dp/0307887448