Author Topic: Windows themes.  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
Windows themes.
« on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 14:42:43 »
So I'm not sure if you're like me, but I like to have a nice looking Windows. I have to look at it everyday, so why not right? But I also like to maintain a degree of minimalism, hence why the current theme I'm using on Windows 8 is the default one, I've just made it perfect in terms of colour and what not.

On Windows 7 I used to use the Windows 7 - Basic theme, I used this theme religiously! But on Windows 8, it's not here but .. it secretly is. As shown in the screenshot below. Does anyone know if there is a way to uncover this theme as it currently is still in the O/S it's just not accessible through Personalization options.

So yeah, does anyone have any more information on this? I'd highly appreciate it, if so.

Screenshot:

你搞砸了

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
Re: Windows themes.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 15:33:37 »
First hit on Google for "Windows 8 basic theme". This sounds like what  you need.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-hidden-aero-lite-theme-in-windows-8-rtm/

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 10:35:27 »
I use aero lite on 8.x as I too like the opaque taskbar much better. I've never seen that old ****ty vista style though so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 14:55:04 »
Sounds like Hush might be right up your alley.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 16:58:02 »
Minimal you say

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 19:35:22 »
Hotdog Stand or GTFO
71990-0

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 19:45:52 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 19:46:43 »
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 22:52:02 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 13:54:16 »
Hotdog Stand or GTFO
(Attachment Link)

That's my favorite theme!

Advertisement

If your car is over three years
old, you need to get Internet
Explorer 6 using this one simple trick.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 01:37:18 »
First hit on Google for "Windows 8 basic theme". This sounds like what  you need.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-hidden-aero-lite-theme-in-windows-8-rtm/

Not the theme I'm looking for, I'm looking for the one that is located in Windows 7, thank you for your kind search though, it's much obliged.

I use aero lite on 8.x as I too like the opaque taskbar much better. I've never seen that old ****ty vista style though so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I have in-fact started to use it myself, the opaque has never been an issue for me due to the fact that I use 'startisback' and that can disable a lot of the crappy features that Windows 8 uses, but oh well.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 July 2014, 01:39:11 by Fragil1ty »
你搞砸了