Author Topic: Post if you've bought something from one or more of my great finds  (Read 2377 times)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Since someone brought up buying a few things from my posted great finds, I'm curious to see who else has bought stuff off the great finds I've posted and how many you've bought if more than one. Monetary total and/or any other details optional. For great find science!
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:47:49 by missalaire »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Post if you've bought something from one or more of my great finds
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:39:20 »
For market research? :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:13:29 »

I knew it.. she's an agent of the consumerist army.. hahaha

I bought a mouse once i believe, and another consumable.. can't remember what.. I buy so much internet..

Offline osi

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:16:16 »
1 item
Camera lens coffee mug

~10$

Thanks for the great find, great finder ;)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:18:40 »
Borderlands 1&2 with DLC.  Kept the DLC and gifted the games in the Free Stuff thread  :thumb:

I think is was somewhere around $10?
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:21:16 »
I had a look back through your great finds threads (wow - many threads).  Most of them are US-centric.

I did buy an SP Crap Bag based on one thread :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:26:03 »
I've bought a ton of women's undergarments via your "finds" threads.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 19:42:24 »
I am sure I did, but I couldn't say what.  Not ladies' undergarments, to be sure.

And in case it hasn't been said before:  Thank you very much!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 20:01:01 »

+1 :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 20:08:16 »
I know I have a few times.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 23:33:50 »
I sold stuff to you so I'm in the negative :(

I'm sure I've bought something too, Thanks for all the posts!

Offline Sniping

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 23:36:44 »
Quite sure I bought something as well via your threads.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 07:04:06 »
Hehe , you started wondering.

I bought a bunch of stuff that I saw in great finds. Though I am not sure which was from a topic you made and which was from someone else. I used a Razer discount, bought an SP grab bag, made use of a PC discount site that you linked in a topic among other things.

Unfortunately I cannot make use of a lot of sales from the U.S. due to shipping and customs.  (Sometimes things are just not available to people outside the U.S.like that  "Dark Souls" PC download). Often it is still worth shipping from the US, customs and all, because something is not available in Europe.

« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 07:31:17 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 07:06:55 »
I bought 2 Gunnars so faaaaaaar :-X

Probably more random things lying around. Missalaire posts dangerous stuff :p

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 07:09:42 »
Think I've bought some video games...and mousepads....

And unfortunately, nothing from Victoria's Secret. Should've bought those Hanes underwear packs though...

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 07:18:16 »

And unfortunately, nothing from Victoria's Secret. Should've bought those Hanes underwear packs though...

Hm? There was a VS great find? :eek:

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 07:22:22 »
I "bought" a free copy of Mafia 2, so their is that, plus i think a copy of Borderlands 2. Most of the items i generally avoid due to shipping costs countering the deal, or because they're tax rebates which don't help me too much :)

Thanks again though!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 07:24:23 »

Yes, and the threads were pretty hilarious:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43910.0
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47349.0

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 07:25:55 »

Yes, and the threads were pretty hilarious:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43910.0
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47349.0

Aieeee no cosmetics. I have friends who would be delighted if there were ;D

Offline missalaire

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 12:09:31 »

Show Image

I bought a mouse once i believe, and another consumable.. can't remember what.. I buy so much internet..

Yeah, something like that Rowdy.

And yep, you got me Tp4 :P

Thanks for the replies and keep em coming guys :) Like I said, I'm curious and your feedback helps me know what you guys really like so I can post deals more relevant to your interests.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 12:10:46 »
My favorite finds are cheap video games. The stuff you find for Steam and 3DS in particular is awesome for me :D.

And I guess keyboards :P

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 12:12:36 »
My favorite deals are for snack foods, beef jerky, nuts, chips...etc.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 12:20:47 »
Yeah that jerky sale probably shaved a couple years off my life.

Offline dante

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:55:07 »
I bought a CM Storm QFR w/ MX Greens - it was $90 or so.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 17:28:22 »

Show Image

Thanks for the replies and keep em coming guys :) Like I said, I'm curious and your feedback helps me know what you guys really like so I can post deals more relevant to your interests.

Your threads are very much appreciated :D

I check many of them, but, as I said, most seem to be US-centric.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 12:24:45 »

Show Image

Your threads are very much appreciated :D

I check many of them, but, as I said, most seem to be US-centric.

Yes, many of the deal sites and forums I browse mostly have US only deals and lets be real here, the US does get the best overall deals for things :P That being said, I do try to post things for Canada and other countries if I come across anything good.