Author Topic: Trolling is more fun, but being helpful on the Internet can be more useful  (Read 3219 times)

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
Just an observation.  I have fun trolling and enjoy the creativity of other trolls, but the small reward just may not be worth it.  The Internet might be one of the rare places where being helpful garners more friends and admirers.  At the end of a good trolling session, all you're left with is a small sense of satisfaction, which quickly evaporates when you realize the temporary nature and vast emptiness of your efforts.  Nobody gets an award for Troll of the Year.

But you will remember that the random internet friend that gave you some great advice about keyboarding or whatever excites your taste buds.

Sigh.  A troll's life is a tough life.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
zip it, nerd
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
Just an observation.  I have fun trolling and enjoy the creativity of other trolls, but the small reward just may not be worth it.  The Internet might be one of the rare places where being helpful garners more friends and admirers.  At the end of a good trolling session, all you're left with is a small sense of satisfaction, which quickly evaporates when you realize the temporary nature and vast emptiness of your efforts.  Nobody gets an award for Troll of the Year.

But you will remember that the random internet friend that gave you some great advice about keyboarding or whatever excites your taste buds.

The first rule of troll life is to never speak of troll life

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

The first rule of troll life is to never speak of troll life

Seriously next will be someone posting a thread about usenet  :o

Offline vivalarevolución

Next up in the series:  How to start on good thread on an Internet message board.

Offline osi

yuss

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"

I always try to help out where I can.

Sometimes you know a lot about a topic and it's hard to just start putting that knowledge into a post / document / wiki, but if people ask questions about it it's easier to give them the specific answers they need.

I've met a lot of really good people in the community, so I'd say it's absolutely worth it.

Offline Hundrakia

Sometimes, the trolls need the stress release from trolling. I unleash once in a blue moon, it's both cathartic and liberating.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
I am not a troll but often I will post a comment and receive a few enraged replies, then about a dozen more telling them to relax because I'm trolling. But I'm not :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Trolling is more fun, but being helpful on the Internet can be more useful
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 19:15:03 »
I am not a troll but often I will post a comment and receive a few enraged replies, then about a dozen more telling them to relax because I'm trolling. But I'm not :(

The internetz can't handle our shear PoWah...  <(^_^)>

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 16:33:48 »
I like this post. Same thing applies to gaming.

In games that require teamwork like CS:GO or DotA2, you can either troll others, or be supportive and help them out. Much better to be supportive.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 16:40:27 »
I like this post. Same thing applies to gaming.

In games that require teamwork like CS:GO or DotA2, you can either troll others, or be supportive and help them out. Much better to be supportive.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 18:46:18 »
HHKB type S or gtfo noob

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 18:48:25 »
HHKB type S or gtfo noob

literally.

this.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline vivalarevolución