Author Topic: What words or phrases do you hate?  (Read 22569 times)

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
Re: What words or phrases do you hate?
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 04:04:51 »
Gluten Free

Or any nutrition-based marketing phrase.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline RED-404

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 04:09:54 »
Gluten Free

NO MSG. Yeah its my dads as well as my secret ingredient. My mom says it makes her sick, but for some strange reason she only gets sick after going to a Chinese restaurant and not when my dad or I cook. It's like magic.

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 04:40:31 »
"Four out of five people complain about diahrrea."

Does that mean that 20% of the population actually enjoys it?
Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline iri

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 05:28:39 »
Gluten Free
on an apple. together with "low fat". 'murica.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 09:17:24 »

Gluten Free

"Gluten Free" as a diet fad has some small value, but the far greater benefit is attempting to eat fresh natural foods in general (wheat, barley, and rye are, of course, inedible by humans in their natural state) and avoiding the processed ones, which are very likely to contain gluten.

"Gluten Free" is of tremendous importance to a person with celiac disease, such as my teenage son, for whom eating gluten has real and serious consequences.

For people who truly have a gluten problem, the new diet fad is very dangerous because it reduces public awareness of the real problem, even to the point of trivializing it, rather than raising awareness.

http://celiac.org/celiac-disease/what-is-celiac-disease/

I absolutely despise the phrase "it is what it is"

That one used to irritate me, a couple of decades ago when it first came around, but I have grown to like it and even use it myself sometimes when appropriate.

Rather than seeing it as defeatist, I read it as "Time to accept this and move on."
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 September 2014, 09:39:52 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 10:15:04 »
Boots on the ground.
Going forward.
Irregardless (instead of regardless).

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 10:29:16 »
Boots on the ground.

Ahhhhhh yes, that goes with my "Find, field and understand".

The amount of bull**** phrases in business is outweighed about ten fold by the bull**** phrases from the military.

Just. Eugh.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 10:32:48 »
I live in a country where people have a different dialect and way of speaking pretty much 30 minutes if you drive through it by car. I just take it for what it is. None of these things have ever annoyed me. I only really dislike anything that I consider rude.

« Last Edit: Sun, 21 September 2014, 10:35:50 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 10:33:07 »
-Topre-

I can't stand these people....

I also don't like  -YeeHahww-... always felt it was too long.. if they shortened it, it'd sound cool..

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 11:34:51 »
I miss my gluten so much. The trend has brought forth a lot of the foods I used to enjoy, like cookies and pasta I thought I'd never eat again.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 12:50:19 »
Americans that use whilst.

I know it's one of the spellings but you come off as a smug dbag.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 13:03:26 »
"Wanna go ooouutt?"

"No."
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 13:33:29 »

Whilst I understand from whence you come, I have to disagree with you to a small extent. I believe it to be perfectly acceptable to use the word "whilst" in a sentence, so long as the person using it has a proportionally large command of the English language to include spelling AND grammar.

But its not kewl to use it when u speak and rite with all inteligance of a retarded squirl.
Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 13:57:11 »

Whilst I understand from whence you come, I have to disagree with you to a small extent. I believe it to be perfectly acceptable to use the word "whilst" in a sentence, so long as the person using it has a proportionally large command of the English language to include spelling AND grammar.

But its not kewl to use it when u speak and rite with all inteligance of a retarded squirl.

fvk grammar and fvk squrlz, intelli be damnd

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 14:51:19 »
from whence
Eww, why do people say that?
I hate redundant phrases.

Also 'be that as it may'

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 15:13:27 »
from whence

While I conceed that "whence" is the more correct method to use, I would be remiss if I did not mention that "from whence" has been in constant use for as long as "whence" (albeit far less popularly). In fact, "from whence" has been gaining in relative popularity. I figure that if "from whence" is good enough for ****ens and Shakespeare, it's good enough for me.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 15:17:37 »
from whence

While I conceed that "whence" is the more correct method to use, I would be remiss if I did not mention that "from whence" has been in constant use for as long as "whence" (albeit far less popularly). In fact, "from whence" has been gaining in relative popularity. I figure that if "from whence" is good enough for ****ens and Shakespeare, it's good enough for me.

Oh, you'll never hear me say that it's wrong, it just sounds gross to me.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 15:21:27 »

Its not even the word. But its usually used by "im very smart" twats that think they sound smart typing it that way.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 16:04:29 »

Its not even the word. But its usually used by "im very smart" twats that think they sound smart typing it that way.

*tips fedora*

Can we add douches who speak in archaic English to the list?  The pretentious "proper" English speakers can go choke on their Mountain Dew.

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 16:16:57 »
I just use whatever words come to mind at the moment to explain what I'd like to say. People normally know what I mean; but if they don't, (after being derailed) I describe it in kinderspeak and move on. The last time I actually though about what I was typing in regards to how people would be able to digest it was the last time I posted something on Facebook. That **** is tired.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 16:44:23 »

I like whilst, it just sounds better than 'while' under certain situations.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 17:04:41 »
I applaud the good taste and restraint on this forum.

Unless I missed it, and I may have, we are almost onto the 3rd page of this thread without any mention of the dreaded "whatever"
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 17:44:15 »

Unless I missed it, and I may have, we are almost onto the 3rd page of this thread without any mention of the dreaded "whatever"

'Whatever' is a response directly contextual to your current level of apathy. I think 'whatever' as an answer is only angering to folks above a certain age threshold, as to younger people it's usually shorthand for 'I don't want to talk about it anymore.'

One that does get annoying is the constant 'like' bombs that kids pepper throughout their spoken sentences. Admittedly I was also guilty of the like-likes when I was a teen as well, so people do grow out of it.

Here are some like likes for continuity:

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:28:29 »
Last night on TV, I saw a school teacher use the word "strategy" when she meant "tactic". Argh, a teacher should know better!

Shortening "aluminium" to "aluminum" really gets to me.
I think that is mostly a case of British vs. American English ...
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:34:18 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:37:27 »
(Attachment Link)

I applaud your reference skills.

I've gotten really annoyed with the word "hence" lately... mainly because my older brother, who has an IQ comparable to that of a well-educated sea urchin, uses it in practically every other sentence, simply because he thinks it makes him sound more intelligent.

I don't have the heart to tell him it makes him sound like more of an idiot. He is my brother, after all...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 22:37:29 »
"sit down with x and go through ..." - it would go faster if we were all standin gup.
"turned around and said ..." - did you turn away from the person to speak, or just spun 360 degrees on the spot before talking?

Idiocy.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 22:59:58 »
(Attachment Link)

I've gotten really annoyed with the word "hence" lately... mainly because my older brother, who has an IQ comparable to that of a well-educated sea urchin, uses it in practically every other sentence, simply because he thinks it makes him sound more intelligent.

I don't have the heart to tell him it makes him sound like more of an idiot. He is my brother, after all...
My girlfriend uses hence, but always in a smart retort aimed to bring me down from a pedestal. (Always works, too.)

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 23:14:32 »
Just to name a few are amazeballs, craycray, rachet and the overuse of the word EPIC!

I really should start blocking some people from my feed.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 07:44:25 »
(Attachment Link)

My girlfriend uses hence, but always in a smart retort aimed to bring me down from a pedestal. (Always works, too.)

I agree that when properly used, it is a fine word. Hence your fine example of its use.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 07:48:00 »
Just to name a few are amazeballs, craycray, rachet and the overuse of the word EPIC!

I really should start blocking some people from my feed.

But everything Tp4 says is Craycray Epic.. Tp4 just can't help it. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 08:29:36 »
I agree that when properly used, it is a fine word. Hence your fine example of its use.

A bit off topic, but is this a proper use of 'hence'?  Seems like you're using it as 'such as', whereas I'm only aware of using it as 'therefore', or similar phrases.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 08:45:35 »

Where's Paicrai

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 08:51:31 »

A bit off topic, but is this a proper use of 'hence'?  Seems like you're using it as 'such as', whereas I'm only aware of using it as 'therefore', or similar phrases.

:confused:

By golly, you're right!

I blame this on my exposure to the improper use of the word. Damn siblings, keep your lack of language skills to yourselves!

In light of this realization, I am going to inform my brother of his stupidity, next time it becomes relevant. Thanks Hoff.

Back on topic...

"hashtag"

Reason: apparently, at the college level, they are having to explain the difference between a "hashtag" and the pound sign to students.

If you can't figure it our for yourself, you don't belong in college.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 08:56:32 »

:confused:

By golly, you're right!

I blame this on my exposure to the improper use of the word. Damn siblings, keep your lack of language skills to yourselves!

In light of this realization, I am going to inform my brother of his stupidity, next time it becomes relevant. Thanks Hoff.

Back on topic...

"hashtag"

Reason: apparently, at the college level, they are having to explain the difference between a "hashtag" and the pound sign to students.

If you can't figure it our for yourself, you don't belong in college.

I would say.. Therefore and Such as   fill more/less the same logical connection when you speak and listen.. even if their written meaning is different.

Therefore,   Because something previously mentioned,  then xxxxx

Such as,     Of something previous mentioned (or that exists), like xxxxx

To me that's similar enough...   I know the rules are rules.. but.. whateves?

I think predominantly,  these common mistakes happen solely BECAUSE the function and behavior of the confused terms are SIMILAR enough such that the brain weighs them equivalently, and Thus, in our synthesizer, it goes through..

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 09:13:48 »

I would say.. Therefore and Such as   fill more/less the same logical connection when you speak and listen.. even if their written meaning is different.

Therefore,   Because something previously mentioned,  then xxxxx

Such as,     Of something previous mentioned (or that exists), like xxxxx

To me that's similar enough...   I know the rules are rules.. but.. whateves?

I think predominantly,  these common mistakes happen solely BECAUSE the function and behavior of the confused terms are SIMILAR enough such that the brain weighs them equivalently, and Thus, in our synthesizer, it goes through..

tp... I actually understand and more or less agree with this evaluation.

Though still, technically I was wrong, so I will make a valiant effort to change this mentality in the future.

« Last Edit: Mon, 22 September 2014, 09:16:05 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline absyrdswyfe

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 09:30:00 »
"bae"

Just stop.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 17:58:59 »
This reminds me:

People who say kwaii, desu, and other various weebo-**** utterances that mildly piss me off when I hear them in the wild.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 18:03:26 »
"help me help you"..

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 18:18:18 »
combining the word "orgasm" with whatever ("nerdgasm", "eargasm")

What about combining words with "porn" ("earthporn", "foodporn")?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 18:27:33 »

Or like 'porngasm'?

Offline iri

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 04:33:57 »

:-X
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 04:46:04 »
Maybe it's more to do with where this word comes from but; 'Hiya' is one of the most awful words to exist.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 05:48:37 »
"moderator" in the context of geekhack moderation

hoff is fine though
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 05:51:13 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 08:23:50 »
Libtard
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 08:36:04 »
"irregardless" since it's not even a word...
tp thread is tp thread

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 08:54:25 »
I despise when people use the word "peruse" incorrectly.

People say "I'm goint to peruse this news article while my coffee brews."

That is incorrect.

"Peruse" does not me "to skim or browse." It means "to observe and study in depth."

If you were to, in fact, peruse a news article while your coffee brewed, it's quite likely it will be cold by the time you are done.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 09:17:48 »
I really dislike it when people say they are "just so busy" or any iteration there of.

Me: Hey, can you tell me when I'll get the requirements for X
Them: I don't know, I'm just so busy! Just super busy! I'll get back to you later when I'm not so busy.

Only they are always "so  busy" with something or other. It is like people think if they provide an answer other than "I'm so busy" it indicates that they are doing nothing and have no value. But really, when someone tells me they are "too busy" I think of it as a rude brush off, and frankly I don't believe them. If you are really busy, qualify it. "I know I owe you the requirements, but I have to finish up the quarter end reports first, then I need meet with the business to understand what they are looking for. It might be a week." It takes about 10 more seconds to provide someone a decent explanation beyond "I'm busy". It also comes off as much more sincere as opposed to trying to position yourself as so incredibly important with all the unnamed crap you are working on.

In a similar vein, I really don't like office politics.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:03:39 »
Turning the phoneme 'irth' or 'erth' into 'irf' -- "It's my birfday!"
'Picture' turns into 'Pitcher.' "Did you have a pitcher of your baby I can see?"
 :blank:

GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 11:18:04 »
Turning the phoneme 'irth' or 'erth' into 'irf' -- "It's my birfday!"
'Picture' turns into 'Pitcher.' "Did you have a pitcher of your baby I can see?"
 :blank:

I agree with both of these, however I believe it's worth noting that:

birfday
is intentional

while
pitcher
is typically not.

Also, this post reads horribly, but I'm going to leave it.  :P