Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873488 times)

Offline Coff_man

• hi.
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #2200 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:06:55 »
I have been playing Tf2, mostly, on a randomize server because why not?
I have also been getting back into Just Cause 2 because my internet likes to go out.
-QFR w/ mx Blues
-Ducky 9008 G2 w/ mx Red (dyesub ptb/thin?)
-Choc mini w/ mx Black

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2201 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 02:11:14 »
Anyone playing Abyss Odyssey? On the fence about buying, but it looks really cool and I do love procedurally generated games.

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #2202 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 12:39:48 »
I've been playing League Of Legends, but since I have a lot of work in the office I am just unable. Come home very tired.

My computer is monster, but I am waiting for games with good story to invest my time. Alien Isolation and GTA V will be killer. And I heard they will release Red Dead Redemption for PC? Or am I dreaming...
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #2203 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 16:36:48 »
It's the new way of doing things these days... Charge people the full game price for the ability to play an unfinished game before it's "release-worthy"  :-X

A bunch of games are doing it.. Rust, DayZ, The Forest, ArcheAge ($150) come to mind.

I honestly don't think it's worth getting "early access" games; it's like buying the filling for a pillow with the promise of a cover at a later date.  I was thinking of getting Overgrowth Alpha sometime last year before thinking better of purchasing an unfinished game, and looking it up now, it's still in alpha and still doesn't even have a single player campaign!

In short, wait for the final, completed game to be released before purchasing anything.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2204 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 17:36:24 »
It's the new way of doing things these days... Charge people the full game price for the ability to play an unfinished game before it's "release-worthy"  :-X

A bunch of games are doing it.. Rust, DayZ, The Forest, ArcheAge ($150) come to mind.

I honestly don't think it's worth getting "early access" games; it's like buying the filling for a pillow with the promise of a cover at a later date.  I was thinking of getting Overgrowth Alpha sometime last year before thinking better of purchasing an unfinished game, and looking it up now, it's still in alpha and still doesn't even have a single player campaign!

In short, wait for the final, completed game to be released before purchasing anything.

There are some early access games that are doing it right; if Nuclear Throne or Broforce stopped development now I wouldn't really be too mad because both games are already very solid. But yeah most early access games aren't worth bothering with.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2205 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 17:36:50 »
I OPENED SC2 TODAY

THEN REMEMBERED IM **** AND CRIED
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2206 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 18:40:30 »
I OPENED SC2 TODAY

you must not be Korean then

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #2207 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 18:43:12 »
Quote from: victheslik;111537
Well now I haven't posted here in a while.... umm I don't really play games however I do play SFIV competitively as well as waiting for Diablo 3 to come out :D ~

I recently played through d2 as an lightning/orb mage and then again as a frost zealot paladin. Amazing how old that game is, and it's kept my interest longer than cod4(WaW, not MW). d3 should own, assuming Blizzard doesn't go the same route as WoW and make it super casual baby mode

I have a couple friends that play sf4 competitively, they're god damn nuts. The only thing we have in common is we like switches (they prefer sanwa over cherry :P )

Respect dude! Recently picked up a diablo II battlechest at best buy for $5 and got it switched over to digital. I have been trying to get LOD to run in windows 8.1 but have been having multiple problems. Dat nostalgia
sell out and eat ass

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2208 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 18:51:51 »
I OPENED SC2 TODAY

I've heard something like this before...

"I started running today, something.. , and remembered I can only run for 30 secs.. something something..."

Offline calavera

« Reply #2209 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:05:23 »
Diablo 3 and BF4. That's about it.

BF4's latest expansion came out yesterday and it's enjoyable.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #2210 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 19:10:17 »
Diablo 3 and BF4. That's about it.

BF4's latest expansion came out yesterday and it's enjoyable.
"Enjoyable" sounds like a pretty choice word .

I'm pretty much only playing cs:go now (even though I keep getting deranked like a mofo).
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline LittleMidget17

« Reply #2211 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 23:13:00 »
I just stick with league of legends

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2212 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 23:51:49 »
Been playing a bunch of the original Borderlands recently.  I love this series.  If anyone wants to play, hit me up Badwrench99  :thumb:

I might just have to take you up on that....I still need to finish some of the mods from the first one.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #2213 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 00:08:57 »
Been playing a bunch of the original Borderlands recently.  I love this series.  If anyone wants to play, hit me up Badwrench99  :thumb:

I might just have to take you up on that....I still need to finish some of the mods from the first one.

I haven't done any mods.  Basically finished the game at about level 35 and put it away.  Started over with Mordecai and am just now about level 22.  Having fun with it though.   
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2214 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 15:11:04 »
Well, I've started to play some fallout 3 with mods of course. Hopefully it will finally work after like 50 tries.
use nexus?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2215 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:43:47 »
I was playing the Destiny beta when that was still up and running. Before that I was trying to get all the steam achievements in Hotline Miami but getting A+ on chapter 10 is a pain in the ass so I sort of gave up on that (for now at least).
I'll probably go back to Planetside 2 which I haven't played in like a year and see if it's still fun.
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2216 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 18:32:23 »
Been playing a lot of Torchlight II the past week, reminded me how much fun dungeon crawling is. It's such a great game, if only Diablo 3 could've been half as good.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2217 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 12:24:00 »
If anyone plays Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, I challenge thee to a head smashing contest.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #2218 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 12:49:19 »
Been playing a lot of Torchlight II the past week, reminded me how much fun dungeon crawling is. It's such a great game, if only Diablo 3 could've been half as good.
Have you gone back since the expansion release? I found that they "fixed" a lot of problems. It's still not Diablo II good (nostalgia goggles, maybe), but it's way better than release day. I quit that Diablo III after just a few months. Beat it once or twice and then it was kind of pointless. The expansion changed that, though a few patches ago, they killed one of the reasons I was playing. The removal of legendary-specific materials was kinda... weird.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2219 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 14:16:09 »
Lots and lots of Spelunky lately, it's great for being able to pick it up and play for like 15-20 minutes at a time. Also picked up Dishonored and Tomb Raider on sale and have been enjoying them a lot. Really excited for Ori And The Blind Forest later this year too. Also pumped for Firewatch when it ever comes out. Swapper has been a nice puzzle platformer as well.

Recently finished The Wolf Among Us and You Have To Win The Game, both highly recommended for vastly different reasons.

DotA on the weekends when I have time for 2+ games, so rarely :(
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2220 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 06:45:55 »
Just finished playing through Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. TL;dr it was fairly disappointing.
Aside from the fact that I beat it in 4.5 hours, and that was taking my time to explore the environments. What bothered me was being put on a rail, whereas Amnesia: The Dark Decent sometimes gave you a few options, MfP is always just a straight line through to the next corridor. Secondly there is no resource for your lantern, so there is no worry about having to conserve for it and you can just brandish it willy nilly the entire game, but you really don't need to since most of the areas are brightly lit.

Something else bothersome was that the enemies just weren't scary, just meaty pig men who lose interest in chasing you if you step further then 15 yards away, or happen to just duck behind a corner. There was only a single moment in the game where I felt legitimately threatened, and that was all the was at the end of the game. And to boot, there are so few direct encounters, and like a third of them are just unavoidable chase scenes. No insanity when you look at them, nothing, you can literally just hop around a pig man in wide circles and be just fine.

One thing it did do absolutely brilliantly is in the sound department. The ambient sounds act as an auditory guiding light, hisses grunts and crunching machinery letting you know when you are doing the right thing which is refreshing change from so many modern titles that treat the player as if they expect them to be a chimp who doesn't even know what a video game is. I cannot talk up the sound direction in MfP enough, it really is that well done.

Another thing they got spot on is the world feel. There are a lot of unique areas with art assets you see no where else in the game that obviously took a lot of time and planning to build. Unfortunately, you cruise so quickly through each area there is just no time to enjoy it. This is one case where I could make an argument for backtracking, which I generally don't like to advocate but there are many little details in each area that are easily missed.

Ultimately, MfP didn't live up to it's legacy, and honestly only felt like half a game. It feels like a real missed opportunity, and the game could have been much more fulfilling if it were drawn out a bit more. Help explain some of the paper-thin plot, and allow the players to explore some of the more sinister corners of the factory which I was so looking forward to. I am a sad widdle piggy.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2221 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 12:23:00 »
Just finished playing through Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. TL;dr it was fairly disappointing....

...Ultimately, MfP didn't live up to it's legacy, and honestly only felt like half a game. It feels like a real missed opportunity, and the game could have been much more fulfilling if it were drawn out a bit more. Help explain some of the paper-thin plot, and allow the players to explore some of the more sinister corners of the factory which I was so looking forward to. I am a sad widdle piggy.

I couldn't agree more. After The Dark Descent I was super excited for Machine for Pigs but everything you said was pretty much accurate.

I don't think there's anything out there quite like Amnesia: The Dark Descent right now. I'm always looking for something like it.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2222 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 20:23:02 »
Just finished playing through Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. TL;dr it was fairly disappointing....

...Ultimately, MfP didn't live up to it's legacy, and honestly only felt like half a game. It feels like a real missed opportunity, and the game could have been much more fulfilling if it were drawn out a bit more. Help explain some of the paper-thin plot, and allow the players to explore some of the more sinister corners of the factory which I was so looking forward to. I am a sad widdle piggy.

I couldn't agree more. After The Dark Descent I was super excited for Machine for Pigs but everything you said was pretty much accurate.

I don't think there's anything out there quite like Amnesia: The Dark Descent right now. I'm always looking for something like it.

You should play the Penumbra games if you haven't already. Overture has a horribly broken combat system but it's necessary to play it to understand Black Plague, which is pretty similar to Amnesia (I think it's even better, actually). Both games took me probably 5 hours total to complete.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2223 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 22:59:38 »

You should play the Penumbra games if you haven't already. Overture has a horribly broken combat system but it's necessary to play it to understand Black Plague, which is pretty similar to Amnesia (I think it's even better, actually). Both games took me probably 5 hours total to complete.

Penumbra was a good series, and set the groundwork for making Amnesia a better game. I felt like MfP was a step backwards though in terms of gameplay, horror, and storytelling.

Offline EpicSNES

• how do i keyboard
« Reply #2224 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 00:42:37 »
Does anyone here play Eve Online?

Filco Tenkeyless mx blue

Offline G-Dubs

« Reply #2225 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 18:44:02 »
Tons. Right now I'm kind of buried in FFXIV, Red Solstice, DoW Soulstorm, and Dynasty Warriors 8. I would love to play SC2: HoTS, but I kind of suck at it and haven't found any folks to learn with.
KUL ES-87 MX Red || KBP V60 Matias Linear || KBP V60 Matias Quiet Click || Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Black || Leopold FC210P MX Black

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2226 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 19:05:15 »
Started a new character in Fallout: New Vegas. Gonna try getting to level cap and actually play all the content this time.

I would love to play SC2: HoTS, but I kind of suck at it and haven't found any folks to learn with.

I'm in your same boat dude, let's have some noobie matches lol. Add me on steam - atronusthemighty

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2227 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 19:11:28 »
Does anyone here play Eve Online?

I used to play it a lot man. I put 6 years into that game, did pretty much everything there was to do, but I'm out of it now. Are you just starting or have you been playing for a while?

And I'm getting back into the F1 games. The new one with live season updates is coming this Autumn, so I'm prepping for that :)

Zzzzzoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmm
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2228 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 19:00:57 »
Apparently Deep Silver is re-releasing Metro 2033 with improved textures, graphics, and game play. Considering that even 4 years after it's release it's still one of the most taxing PC games ever made on max settings (maybe the most taxing PC game next to Crysis) I'm super curious to see the numbers they pull down for Metro Redux running on max settings.  :eek:

Offline de_milk

« Reply #2229 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 21:48:18 »
CS :cool:

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #2230 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 22:00:20 »
Anyone on the forum playing Marvel Heroes 2015?  Just started playing it via Steam and I'm hooked - at least for the time being.  :)

Been playing the Nosgoth beta, too.  If you play either, send me a PM and I'll add you on Steam.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2231 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 22:00:47 »
Finished DA:O again the other day and just saw the new Gamescon trailer for DA:I.  The hype is real.  November needs to hurry up and get here.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2232 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 22:04:13 »
Finished DA:O again the other day and just saw the new Gamescon trailer for DA:I.  The hype is real.  November needs to hurry up and get here.

I here you on November needing to hurry up.  That is when the next xpac comes out for WoW.  Started playing that again after a year break.  Played some Star Wars the Old Republic and WildStar.  There was just something missing that my combat rogue seemed to satisfy.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2233 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 22:07:22 »
Oh man, I was so hooked on SWTOR but then guild imploded and I never could get back into it.  So sad. :(  I really miss that game, still.  Just seeing you mention it gives me that itch.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2234 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 00:17:12 »
Beat Outlast last night. The game is really great, with some genuinely tense moments. Just ignore the final bit of the story with Billy, just don't even play that part and forget that story-arc and the game's amazing!  :thumb:

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2235 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 19:18:52 »
Found a mod for the end of ME3 so downloaded that again last night and gonna give it another run-through.  :confused:

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2236 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 13:03:39 »
I just started playing Dark Souls. If you want a challenge... Play this game... Holy crap.

Also.. Just made a new RuneScape account! Come play lol. I just completed the first quest  :cool:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2237 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:45:45 »
I just started playing Dark Souls. If you want a challenge... Play this game... Holy crap.

Also.. Just made a new RuneScape account! Come play lol. I just completed the first quest  :cool:

Oh god... Runescape took 5 years of my life I will never get back.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2238 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:56:32 »

Oh god... Runescape took 5 years of my life I will never get back.

Oh god.  I remember the spring break I lost 10 pounds by barely eating cause I was playing that game so much.    >:D

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2239 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 17:58:12 »
Been playing quite a bit of CSGO lately. Enough that I don't suck all the time, at least.

Offline Neal

« Reply #2240 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 05:27:35 »
I play Competitive Halo =)
#ConsoleTrash

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2241 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 00:53:23 »
Played Five Nights At Freddy's for about half an hour tonight. **** that ****. All my nopes.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2242 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 00:57:01 »
Play an INSANE amount of games on steam. [not time wise, just # of games, I'm always trying something new]
would love to add some GHers

http://steamcommunity.com/id/taylordcraig

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2243 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 07:16:07 »
I've basically finished Fieldrunners 2 except two 'puzzle' levels that don't work for me at all, because of some weird bug… too bad the devs haven't even responded to my e-mails for more than a month. The game is still a ton of fun though. I guess I'll keep it installed for quite a while.

I've realized I bought the original Fieldrunners as well, hence I'm playing that, but only to have it finished, because it's much worse than the new version otherwise.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #2244 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 07:25:15 »
Right now I'm playing warframe and smite.
I used to play smite competitively and probably still have the skill to do so but not professionally.

I also play the common games like civ 5 and borderlands 2.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2245 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 16:53:45 »
Was going to pick up Muramasa: The Demon Blade because it's a beautiful hand drawn flashy beat em up in the same vein as Dragon's Crown and Odin's Sphere, but it's only on the Vita and Wii?? What the ****, they couldn't even bring it over to PSN on the PS3? The Vita uses basically the same hardware, it's bull****!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2246 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 17:39:48 »
Playing Assetto Corsa... it's pretty good.. for a forum..

probably shouldn't post that

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2247 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 20:35:50 »
Playing Assetto Corsa... it's pretty good.. for a forum..

probably shouldn't post that
What?

Offline G-Dubs

« Reply #2248 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 23:59:55 »
I just started playing Hawken this weekend and it's addictive. It's kind of sad that development seems to have slowed to a crawl and the community is so small. I feel like I need to play it until I'm absolutely burnt out on it, or else the company will fold before I feel like I got the most out of it.
KUL ES-87 MX Red || KBP V60 Matias Linear || KBP V60 Matias Quiet Click || Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Black || Leopold FC210P MX Black

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2249 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 00:07:17 »
Picked up MGS Rising (I refuse to say the rest of the title on account it's a stupid made up word) because it was only $9 on Amazon.
It's actually really fun :)