Author Topic: What’s your favorite video game?  (Read 3097 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
What’s your favorite video game?
« on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 13:24:54 »
We have a few threads about games you’re playing, but what is your favorite game of all time? FFX is mine.

156728-0

It wasn’t the first FF game I played, but I played it during an emotional time in college and I loved the world and characters. Years later, while I’ve grown a bit and find the characters a bit campy at times, I still love the story, the world, the summons, the weapons, and, most importantly, the battle system. It’s about as perfect to me as it can get.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
Re: What’s your favorite video game?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 13:37:32 »
My favorite game is probably Guild Wars. The max level was 20, and most of the gear was the same. This meant that skill and technique was more of a factor than just grinding to get the best gear. You could grind, however, for skins and stuff like that. I just loved the game so much and the PvP was amazing, from arena 4v4 (?) matches to guild vs guild (8v8) matches. There was a lot of depth and combinations of builds to try, since there was a dual class system.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 14:15:47 »
I think my favorite video game is Half Life 2 since it was the first game that I felt truly accomplished about beating due to its captivating story and environments. Not to mention the amazing episodes that came out after it.
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 14:18:05 »
Unreal tournament 2004, Probably the best offline mode of any kind of arena shooter and if you add the ballistic mod to it, it's that much more fun
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 14:22:12 »
Unreal tournament 2004, Probably the best offline mode of any kind of arena shooter and if you add the ballistic mod to it, it's that much more fun

I remember playing that at an uncle's house. I never really played shooters before that, but he told me to try it so I did and I had a blast. I own it on Steam, but never played it. I should probably try that out.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 16:45:32 »
Shadow Of The Colossus, in my opinion the best argument for games as an art and story telling format. Does not get up it's own ass, does not over complicate the plot or play mechanics, and most importantly - tells the story with very sparse cutscenes and almost never takes control away from the player.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 17:45:54 »

I remember playing that at an uncle's house. I never really played shooters before that, but he told me to try it so I did and I had a blast. I own it on Steam, but never played it. I should probably try that out.

only 100 people playign on steam.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 17:46:49 »
The original BioShock and Metal Gear Solid 3 for me probably.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 17:57:29 »
will forever be Super Metroid for me

Offline dante

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 18:19:37 »
Alien Vs. Predator 2 (PC) Multiplayer.

I keep praying Steam or GoG carry it.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 18:58:28 »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 07:18:10 »
Total Annihilation. I put hundreds of hours into the multiplayer. People are still getting better at it today it's so beautifully designed there isn't any skill cap. Being some sort of APM fiend isn't very important either because the UI is better than any RTS I've played.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 07:28:40 »
My favourite games from childhood probably is Grim Fandango and Crash Bandicoot series. Need to get the GF remastered version and a PS4 for Crash Bandicoot coming out this year.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 21:36:55 »
My favorite game of all time is Perfect World. Second choice is Diablo 2.