Author Topic: Do you tea?  (Read 7973 times)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Do you tea?
« on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 23:58:00 »
What's better than hot black tea with a slight touch of milk, oatmeal chocolate cookies and your monitor
on a gloomy rainy day ;)

Oh God I've been infected by Tp4 OT disease

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Do you tea?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 23:59:14 »
What's better than hot black tea with a slight touch of milk, oatmeal chocolate cookies and your monitor
on a gloomy rainy day ;)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:00:08 »
on a gloomy rainy day ;)

Show Image

Say something you

say something

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:01:27 »
Green tea is my jam, that slight bitterness at the end.... delicious

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:01:42 »
I tea.  I love Chinese and Indian teas.  Assam Breakfast or Irish Breakfast are awesome in the morning.  Pu-Erh is awesome all the time.  Dong Ding Oolong is love and Oolong in general is awesome.  And Darjeeling is just nice and relaxing.

I can't stand to add milk to it unless it's in a Chai tea and then it should be soy milk.

Oatmeal cookies are awesome though, especially with raisins and sometimes with dark chocolate chunks.

Green tea should never be bitter.  If it is, you're getting low quality leaves, steeping at too hot of a temp, or you're way oversteeping.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:03:32 by nubbinator »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:04:32 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:04:34 »
I tea.  I love Chinese and Indian teas.  Assam Breakfast or Irish Breakfast are awesome in the morning.  Pu-Erh is awesome all the time.  Dong Ding Oolong is love and Oolong in general is awesome.  And Darjeeling is just nice and relaxing.

I can't stand to add milk to it unless it's in a Chai tea and then it should be soy milk.

Oatmeal cookies are awesome though, especially with raisins and sometimes with dark chocolate chunks.

Green tea should never be bitter.  If it is, you're either getting low quality leaves or you're way oversteeping.

Matcha green tea has a slight tinge of bitterness in it which i quite like although i may add too much powder at times

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:06:01 »

You really know your way around tea
I love coffee more than tea, but my gastric says otherwise

What I know is mine has to be black tea, I just love the color of dark tea with a tiny swirl of milk

My favorite oatmeal cookies combo
1. Honey + almond
2. Apple + cinnamon
3. Raisin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:06:06 »
Tp4 has  been drinking alotta bubble tea cuz it's everywhere around here.

The only "topping" i'm not liking,  is -Red Bean-..  Everything else is tastee.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:07:39 »

Show Image

Classic milk tea with soft puddings (lots of them)
that's the way to go, red bean is OK

not bubbles

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:07:49 »
Green tea CAN be bitter, in fact it IS bitter.

Overall, if you find it "very" bitter,   then it has to do with "concentration"

Lower the concentration, it will taste less bitter.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:09:09 »

Show Image

Classic milk tea with soft puddings (lots of them)
that's the way to go, red bean is OK

not bubbles

THe bubbles are very hard to prepare properly,

Tapioca has to be cooked 80% of the way there,  then finish cooking while "steeped" with no additional heat..

Many places overcook or undercook...  <responsible> for much of the problems when it comes to tapioca.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:10:17 »
Pu-Erh is awesome all the time.

^^^^

It makes me happy that others agree on that.  A lot of people don't love Pu-Erh, but I love it.  It was an acquired taste for me though.

More

Green tea should never be bitter.  If it is, you're either getting low quality leaves or you're way oversteeping.

Matcha green tea has a slight tinge of bitterness in it which i quite like although i may add too much powder at times

Ahh, that explains it.  Yeah, since Matcha is ground, you get more of the tannins released and get more bitterness from the leaves.  If it's made from leaves and of decent quality it shouldn't be bitter.

More

You really know your way around tea
I love coffee more than tea, but my gastric says otherwise

What I know is mine has to be black tea, I just love the color of dark tea with a tiny swirl of milk

My favorite oatmeal cookies combo
1. Honey + almond
2. Apple + cinnamon
3. Raisin

I wouldn't say I know my way around tea, just that I really know what I like.

Honey Almond oatmeal cookies are amazing, but I have never had apple in oatmeal cookies.  I always feel like an old man when I eat a raisin oatmeal cookie, but they're so good.  When they're done right, they're probably my favorite cookies.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:10:29 »
I enjoy tea very much.

Recently I was in a rush for some and threw some black and green tea together, a bit of sugar and honey and it was perfect!

I have no idea the ratios and I've tried about 8 times to recreate it and it just keeps tasting weird.

Usually it's black tea with a bit of sugar.

on a gloomy rainy day ;)

This is about the only reason I'm ok with the recent weather.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:12:44 »
What do you guys think of yellow tea? I personally think its kinda overrated and overpriced. It tastes like green tea except slightly more bold

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:19:22 »
I like a green tea for all year round, a pumpkin spice tea in the fall and a chai tea during the holidays. But I like all kinds of tea.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:21:30 »
What do you guys think of yellow tea? I personally think its kinda overrated and overpriced. It tastes like green tea except slightly more bold

Remember when MX-Red was all the rage..

That's the same thing that's happening with "Yellow" tea...

Remember the KungFu Panda movie, where Po's father said there is no secret ingredient..  and that the noodles were good as long as people BELIEVED it was special ...

Not only was Po's father a Scammer, he's also Right about the weaknesses in our daily evaluations.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:22:14 »
This thread made me want a milk tea bad

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:22:57 »
what's yellow tea????

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:27:56 »
This thread made me want a milk tea bad

Boba is tasty, but I have such a hard time calling it tea.  Taro boba is my favorite.  I love that stuff and the awesome slightly purple color.

what's yellow tea????

I googled it earlier and it's basically green tea that has been steamed.  Basically brewing the tea outside of a pot.  Seems like it would be more tannic.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:30:08 by nubbinator »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:37:58 »
I enjoy a nice, hot black tea, but I've never really cared for milk in my teas.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:42:16 »
I enjoy a nice, hot black tea, but I've never really cared for milk in my teas.

It depends on the Milk..

Gotta go with "Full Fat" milk at a Milk:Tea ratio of 50/50..

Also,  if possssible, consider reducing the milk to concentrate the fat even more.

Remember, you don't want the milk to BOIL, because too much heat changes the taste.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:46:15 »
Sencha green is my jam
A good pu-erh, oh my.
Mornings with mint tea, yes.
Like nubs said, chai with soy is Bueno.
And I'm probably forgetting more but lastly, milk tea is a sweet treat!

Offline Connly33

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:49:03 »
Tea is my prefered beverage. usually my everyday tea is either a simple green or black, sometimes ill go to the trouble of making a chai tea late or iced black tea. I like to keep some specialty teas around though like matcha, red tea, or an aged Pu-erh ( i have a 1/4 lb of a 2007 " dark river" tea that's about $100 a pound or so that i save for special occasions) but i drink cheaper teas a majority of the time for my coffee substitute.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:52:48 »
Tea is my prefered beverage. usually my everyday tea is either a simple green or black, sometimes ill go to the trouble of making a chai tea late or iced black tea. I like to keep some specialty teas around though like matcha, red tea, or an aged Pu-erh ( i have a 1/4 lb of a 2007 " dark river" tea that's about $100 a pound or so that i save for special occasions) but i drink cheaper teas a majority of the time for my coffee substitute.

You don't really want to "age tea" because unless they're in a very good oxygen barrier, the tea can only get "worse" with age...

Even then,  what happens is,  they usually use some sort of Plastic+Foil combination wrapper,   the foil is good,  but the plastic part degrades given heat and time.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 00:59:17 »

You don't really want to "age tea" because unless they're in a very good oxygen barrier, the tea can only get "worse" with age...

Even then,  what happens is,  they usually use some sort of Plastic+Foil combination wrapper,   the foil is good,  but the plastic part degrades given heat and time.

Isn't pu-erh fermented so aging it is different?

Offline Connly33

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:00:58 »
I dont do it myself, i usually try to only get enough to last me a couple of months at most, but i mean like the fermented pu erh teas that are aged as part of there processing where it is purposely and controllably exposed to oxygen and oxidized.

"Ripened or aged raw pu-erh has occasionally been mistakenly categorized as a subcategory of black tea due to the dark red color of its leaves and liquor. However, pu-erh in both its ripened and aged forms has undergone secondary oxidization and fermentation caused both by organisms growing in the tea and free-radical oxidation, thus making it a unique type of tea. This divergence in production style not only makes the flavor and texture of pu-erh tea different but also results in a rather different chemical makeup of the resulting brewed liquor." ~ a description from one of the sites i like to get tea from
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:02:44 by Connly33 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:05:26 »

When you attempt to do things "out of Spec"

Then there is no "reference point"

Whatever happens when you age these teas in Untested, Unregulated conditions with infinite variables, will only surely "CHANGE" the tea.

We can't readily assign a "good or bad" to what happens.

It will be "New" ,  If that's your thing. . go for it.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:07:06 »

Whatever happens when you age these teas in Untested, Unregulated conditions with infinite variables, will only surely "CHANGE" the tea.

But you said worse in the first post. Now you're changing the story!

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:07:41 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:07:56 »
I dont do it myself, i usually try to only get enough to last me a couple of months at most, but i mean like the fermented pu erh teas that are aged as part of there processing where it is purposely and controllably exposed to oxygen and oxidized.

"Ripened or aged raw pu-erh has occasionally been mistakenly categorized as a subcategory of black tea due to the dark red color of its leaves and liquor. However, pu-erh in both its ripened and aged forms has undergone secondary oxidization and fermentation caused both by organisms growing in the tea and free-radical oxidation, thus making it a unique type of tea. This divergence in production style not only makes the flavor and texture of pu-erh tea different but also results in a rather different chemical makeup of the resulting brewed liquor." ~ a description from one of the sites i like to get tea from

Yes, but my point is,  if the idea is to Preserve the Tea as you purchased it..

you do not KNOW what the factory spec conditions are..  so you can't hope to ensure that the taste is unaffected by any personal medley..

Which is why I wouldn't recommend "storing" your tea in hopes that it will be perfect the next time you brew it.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:08:37 »
Show Image

I'm jealous, i need to get a real teapot.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:08:37 »
I was once a milk user, but then I saw the light.

Black tea is the best. Hot, cold, room temperature, still tastes great.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:10:27 »

Worse in reference to "preserving the tea",  because user -Connely- said he wished to "hold on to his tea" by spacing it out to be enjoyed longer.

But with respect to if one MUST do something to his tea for the sake of "novelty"..  We can't say absolutely good or bad

Offline Connly33

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:12:25 »

Yes, but my point is,  if the idea is to Preserve the Tea as you purchased it..

you do not KNOW what the factory spec conditions are..  so you can't hope to ensure that the taste is unaffected by any personal medley..

Which is why I wouldn't recommend "storing" your tea in hopes that it will be perfect the next time you brew it.

By a 2007 tea i mean i only got it 3 or 4 months ago, but it had gone through the fermentation process and whatever else they do for that long. I definitely try not to store it myself that long, or your definitely right, it will change a bit. The minimum amount i can get is 1/4lb unfortunately. but its a bit cheaper that way anyway.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:15:01 by Connly33 »

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:13:56 »
Hey, I'm no nutritional anthropologist, but I would say that these teas sound like........

Good Eats

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:15:07 »

Worse in reference to "preserving the tea",  because user -Connely- said he wished to "hold on to his tea" by spacing it out to be enjoyed longer.

But with respect to if one MUST do something to his tea for the sake of "novelty"..  We can't say absolutely good or bad

Your use of "quotes" is sending me to the "bothering" you "thread". I just keep picturing someone using air quotes in real life on those words and it looks silly. I'm assuming you're just trying to emphasize though.

Let's just say tea is good, yea.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:17:10 »
I can agree on saying tea is good, and that good eats shark pic is great.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:19:50 »

Your use of "quotes" is sending me to the "bothering" you "thread". I just keep picturing someone using air quotes in real life on those words and it looks silly. I'm assuming you're just trying to emphasize though.

Let's just say tea is good, yea.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:28:12 »
I'm going to pick between a red or green tea before making room in my closet for new keyboard parts.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:30:04 »
lapsang souchong is a great tea

it reminds me of camping ^-^
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:36:06 »
Show Image

They're expensive though. Be careful when buying Yixing clay teapots. Even the sellers of the teapots in my area don't vouch for their quality because of the crappy ones that are being made now.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:36:26 »
Let's all agree keurig tea cups are bad, mmksy

Offline MEEPhouse

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:42:09 »
I'm a big fan of tea! I'm lucky enough to have my girlfriend work at a tea store the last few years, I always have copious amounts of flavours/varieties available to sample!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:46:34 »

but people super like their coffee cups.

Is going with keurig coffee-tea similar to when all the n00bs buy "corsair" and "coolermaster" keyboards. ??

Offline Connly33

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:50:29 »
Show Image

They're expensive though. Be careful when buying Yixing clay teapots. Even the sellers of the teapots in my area don't vouch for their quality because of the crappy ones that are being made now.

I'll definitely have to find a reputable shop or site. Luckily the city right next to me has a lot of artisan type buissneses  so there are a lot of tea shops.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:52:11 »

Show Image

Is going with keurig coffee-tea similar to when all the n00bs buy "corsair" and "coolermaster" keyboards. ??

I'd say more like razor :p. Yeah its not bad. But your spending way more than you should for the quality your getting

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:52:19 »

Show Image

Ahhhh,  close. But it's just usually lacking good flavor. The convenience is indeed amazing though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:55:18 »

Show Image

I'd say more like razor :p. Yeah its not bad. But your spending way more than you should for the quality your getting

Razor as in the scooters ? or Razer as in the keyboards ? 

Offline Connly33

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:56:40 »

Show Image

Razor as in the scooters ? or Razer as in the keyboards ? 
Show Image

Derp. Razer as in keyboards. Though I guess the scooter brand would apply to if you were comparing it to scooters.

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 01:59:32 »
Chai tea baybeee

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:12:08 »
Show Image

I'll definitely have to find a reputable shop or site. Luckily the city right next to me has a lot of artisan type buissneses  so there are a lot of tea shops.

Still gotta be careful. If you know what you're talking about they'll usually be more honest with you when selling clay teapots.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:28:27 »
Hey, I'm no nutritional anthropologist, but I would say that these teas sound like........

Good Eats

Alton brown is the best.  I would love if Good Eats came back!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:34:20 »
I'll take the gloomy rainy day any time!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:36:41 »

Good Eats

I must be in the minority because I feel like Alton Brown comes off as a smug obnoxious *******.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:37:02 »
I'll take the gloomy rainy day any time!

haha
someone's desperate

gloomy, windy , rainy day
well that calls for good hot chocolate

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:38:08 »

Good Eats

I must be in the minority because I feel like Alton Brown comes off as a smug obnoxious *******.
Are you referring to villain Alton? Aka cutthroat kitchen or good eats Alton?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:39:59 »

Good Eats

Pretty much anything I've seen him in.  He's less smug in Iron Chef, but still annoying.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:46:22 »

Good Eats

Pretty much anything I've seen him in.  He's less smug in Iron Chef, but still annoying.
Yea he does come off as a bit of a know it all on Iron chef. I felt the same way about him until I watched good eats. But that's probably because he did 14 seasons of a cooking/science show and probably does know it all haha. And his role is play-by-play/commentator on Iron chef. Cutthroat is a straight up villainous character. But if you haven't seen good eats and you're into cooking shows, I suggest giving it a try unless he is too far spoiled for you already from his more modern series'.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:49:03 »

More

Good Eats

Yea he does come off as a bit of a know it all on Iron chef. I felt the same way about him until I watched good eats. But that's probably because he did 14 seasons of a cooking/science show and probably does know it all haha. And his role is play-by-play/commentator on Iron chef. Cutthroat is a straight up villainous character. But if you haven't seen good eats and you're into cooking shows, I suggest giving it a try unless he is too far spoiled for you already from his more modern series'.

I've tried Good Eats too.  Maybe it's just because I saw the later episodes, but he always comes off as an arrogant know it all to me.  When he goes into the science of things, it's not like Beakman's World or Bill Nye where they were making things simple and interesting, it always felt like a case of "look how much more than you I know".  Just something about his personality is so off-putting.  He feels like one of those people who thinks he's hot **** and hits on the married women at a party.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:51:00 »

More

Good Eats

I've tried Good Eats too.  Maybe it's just because I saw the later episodes, but he always comes off as an arrogant know it all to me.  When he goes into the science of things, it's not like Beakman's World or Bill Nye where they were making things simple and interesting, it always felt like a case of "look how much more than you I know".  Just something about his personality is so off-putting.  He feels like one of those people who thinks he's hot **** and hits on the married women at a party.
Haha. I think I might have an Alton Brown man crush.

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:57:54 »

More

Good Eats

I was on the same flight as him a few years ago. The flight consisted of me, my family, the flight crew, and Alton Brown. I don't think my family knew who he was, and I didn't say hello since I didn't wan't to bother him, especially since it was like an 11 o'clock flight.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 02:59:37 »

More

Good Eats

I was on the same flight as him a few years ago. The flight consisted of me, my family, the flight crew, and Alton Brown. I don't think my family knew who he was, and I didn't say hello since I didn't wan't to bother him, especially since it was like an 11 o'clock flight.
I would have told him that an airplane is a uni-tasker and that I can't believe he uses them.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 03:00:58 »
More

More

Good Eats

Most do it seems.  I still think he's a douche.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 03:02:47 »

More

More

Good Eats

Fair enough. We can't all have the same opinions. What a boring world that would be.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 03:06:13 »

More

More

Good Eats

Fair enough. We can't all have the same opinions. What a boring world that would be.

Well, That's just his TV persona.. we don't know what he's like for sure..

He could actually be a douche,  but maybe that's just for the TV

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 03:10:19 »
More

More

Good Eats

i like how he explains the reasoning/science behind techniques for cooking.  usually you'll follow a recipe, and it will say to do something like "let the steak rest", but the recipe doesn't explain why.  i learned how to make pretty tasty steaks from watching one of his good eats episodes.

oh, and i like tea.  japanese green teas (matcha, and also the type with the little toasted rice bits), chinese teas, hk style milk tea, turkish (?) tea with cardamom, etc.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 03:11:16 »

More

More

Good Eats

Well, That's just his TV persona.. we don't know what he's like for sure..

He could actually be a douche,  but maybe that's just for the TV
I've read a few interviews that he's done. He claims that even his good eats persona is a character but not far off from how he really is other than the fact that all of his dialog is scripted and pre-rehearsed. He definitely doesn't talk like that day to day. He used to be involved in television production and then went to uni to study food science and vowed to make an actually good and informative cooking show which j believe he successfully accomplished. Something along those lines anyway. The rest is history.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 03:13:17 »

More

More

Good Eats

i like how he explains the reasoning/science behind techniques for cooking.  usually you'll follow a recipe, and it will say to do something like "let the steak rest", but the recipe doesn't explain why.  i learned how to make pretty tasty steaks from watching one of his good eats episodes.

oh, and i like tea.  japanese green teas (matcha, and also the type with the little toasted rice bits), chinese teas, hk style milk tea, turkish (?) tea with cardamom, etc.
I could talk about how much I enjoy good eats and how much I've learned from Alton all day long. But that's another show.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 03:39:03 »
No mention of some classic PG Tips here :eek:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 14:48:51 »
I just woke up.. felt a bit 'gloom'..   Then I drank all this Tieguanying,  and now I'm still gloom, but also very hyper,  so it has turned into this really uncomfortable over-energization..

Offline Sniping

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 17:00:35 »
Tieguanying is a favorite for my family and it's my favorite as well. A lot of my friends dig chai with milk, but it's not for me.

As for going to boba/milk tea locations, my favorite cold drinks are probably thai ice tea and red bean smoothies.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 17:02:33 »
I just woke up.. felt a bit 'gloom'..   Then I drank all this Tieguanying,  and now I'm still gloom, but also very hyper,  so it has turned into this really uncomfortable over-energization..

Show Image

I love guanying, been trying to find the name since yesterday
It's so soothing that tea

well, if you woke up and feel gloomy
get some coffee instead

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 18:27:06 »
On the train. Sigh... I h8 outside. So much danger, no free drinks either.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 18:32:21 »

I'm about to jump on the bus. Could get interesting. Unfortunately my destination well not have trees as an option, at least not without a detour. Oops, tea, not trees, but same thing applies.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Sniping

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 19:29:51 »

Show Image

I love guanying, been trying to find the name since yesterday
It's so soothing that tea

well, if you woke up and feel gloomy
get some coffee instead

Tieguanying is great! I'm not sure if you're familiar with this already, but tie translates into metal/iron in English. I'm sure you can figure out how they came up with this name after drinking it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 19:41:14 »

Yeah, but look at the texture resolution!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 20:54:33 »

OMG it's so clear..  def at least 4k textures,  I think I'd still like to upgrade to the 8k patch though.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:35:24 »

OMG it's so clear..  def at least 4k textures,  I think I'd still like to upgrade to the 8k patch though.

Took a long bike ride this evening, rainy and gloomy, i swear the textures went down to 720p with the rain affects against my glasses.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:37:16 »

Took a long bike ride this evening, rainy and gloomy, i swear the textures went down to 720p with the rain affects against my glasses.

You gotta turn up them shaders and shadow resolution..

You prolly had the shader on medium and shadow on 512,   turn shadow up to 2048 minimum. turn max to 8196

Offline Connly33

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 22:16:05 »

You gotta turn up them shaders and shadow resolution..

You prolly had the shader on medium and shadow on 512,   turn shadow up to 2048 minimum. turn max to 8196

Ill try that and see how it look's, but i need that FPS at a solid 60 if im around traffic  :confused: