Author Topic: Annoyed...  (Read 2009 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Annoyed...
« on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 14:50:36 »
So we  JUST got  Delta-Variant,

Now there's a   Delta PLUS,

:::::  increased transmissibility, stronger binding to receptors of lung cells and the potential reduction in monoclonal antibody response__<fewer treatment options>  ::::

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: Annoyed...
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 15:23:44 »
Someone had to go an buy the premium edition of this didn't they, thanks alot.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 16:27:07 »
Delta Max now with 4k

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 16:58:02 »
The current vaccines protect somewhat against the Delta variant as well.

Unfortunately, no vaccine has complete protection against any variant. You can still get sick if you get a lot of the virus on you and your immune system is under stress.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 09:30:17 »
Introducing new and improved Lambda Variant,  importing the finest strains, from PERU, the country with (the current) highest covid mortality rate..

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-ultra-contagious-lambda-variant-detected-in-australia/LAUYIDU2L7SSWMX6IQDTOYCX6A/

____Professor Pablo Tsukayama of Cayetano Heredia University in Lima, Peru, said the strain has exploded in Peru, suggesting "its rate of transmission is higher than any other variant".

____Jeff Barrett from London's Covid-19 Genomics Initiative at the Welcome Sanger Institute. "Lambda has a unique pattern of seven mutations in the spike protein that the virus uses to infect human cells. Researchers are particularly intrigued by one mutation called L452Q, which is similar to the L452R mutation to contribute to the high infectiousness of the Delta variant

It would seeeeem.. the Second wave HAS JUST BEGUN.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 09:42:57 »
I thought the Delta was already in rotation since the spike was noticed in the UK a few months back when they went back under lock-down.  At this point I'm just exhausted on this crap and will continue my routines of work and home since even with this nothing has really changed for me and my family over the past year+.  But I would like to travel to the beach in the near future and take my son to the parks in FL since he wants to go.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 09:44:54 »
I thought the Delta was already in rotation since the spike was noticed in the UK a few months back when they went back under lock-down.  At this point I'm just exhausted on this crap and will continue my routines of work and home since even with this nothing has really changed for me and my family over the past year+.  But I would like to travel to the beach in the near future and take my son to the parks in FL since he wants to go.

Masks Forever seems like the way to go.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 10:07:43 »

Masks Forever seems like the way to go.

The other alternative is for the obstinate morons who refuse the vaccine to stop being pathetic whining pussies and step up and "take one for the team" - in this case "the team" being the human race.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/forgot-14-diseases.html

Even if COVID-19 never goes away completely (it probably won't) the farther back into the corners it can be pushed, the less it will spread, and, more important, the less opportunity it will have to mutate.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/biochemistry-genetics-and-molecular-biology/virus-mutation

TL;DR - "Virus mutations create genetic diversity, which is subject to the opposing actions of selection and random genetic drift, both of which are directly affected by the size of the virus population."
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline yui

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 10:08:45 »
if we had less complete nutjobs spreading lies around about masks and vaccines we would not be there, we can all thanks anti maskers, anti vaccers and anti social distancing karens of the world for this one. (yeah i am getting tired of it too)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)