Author Topic: [IC]Custom Keyboard - the Moon - Album of Prototype Updated  (Read 76949 times)

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC]Custom Keyboard - the Moon
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 18:05:23 »
definitely sweet!
Im not too into the slope, but let me look at it over and over for the next few weeks :D

Offline ntw

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 20:35:40 »
nice... great to see unique design in keyboards!! it looks like its going to be freakin heavy too :thumb:
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline dib_dubious

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 20:53:31 »
Like the silver. Love the black. I'd be in for one.

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 21:09:11 »
Definitely a very handsome keyboard! I actually like how the top and bottom edges are heterogeneous. Any idea as to what pricing might be... general ballpark estimate?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 07:52:10 »
The logo on the back looks really cool.

Black and gold fit really well together.

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:18:43 »
So I just missed the huge sale on Massdrop so while I'm kinda (very very ****ing) sad, I think I can afford this now. Any estimate on the price?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 09:42:18 »
So I just missed the huge sale on Massdrop so while I'm kinda (very very ****ing) sad, I think I can afford this now. Any estimate on the price?

Would wanna know about pricing too!

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 10:02:39 »
Looking at pricing of the Mira and Tank, which are being made at the same factory, I'd imagine were looking at 400-450 USD. That's pure speculation at this point however.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 10:14:01 »
this looks amazing

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 10:20:54 »
Looking at pricing of the Mira and Tank, which are being made at the same factory, I'd imagine were looking at 400-450 USD. That's pure speculation at this point however.

At 400usd this would b my most expensive board, but what the heck - it already replaced duck orion as my dream board (along with skog)

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 10:58:04 »

At 400usd this would b my most expensive board, but what the heck - it already replaced duck orion as my dream board (along with skog)
I hopped on Mira because I really like the design, and it, without switches and keycap, is twice as much as any board I own today. But the quality and workmanship looks awesome. I told myself I wouldn't order any more boards as expensive after that one, but this one is changing my mind. The uniqueness of the design pulls me in. Only thing I don't like is the logo at the top- I'd rather it be plain or at the very least a lot less noticable.

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 11:08:45 »

I hopped on Mira because I really like the design, and it, without switches and keycap, is twice as much as any board I own today. But the quality and workmanship looks awesome. I told myself I wouldn't order any more boards as expensive after that one, but this one is changing my mind. The uniqueness of the design pulls me in. Only thing I don't like is the logo at the top- I'd rather it be plain or at the very least a lot less noticable.

I personally like the logo very much, it fits the board nicely and makes an otherwise plain side look sleek, but not cluttered.

Also, how much will this thing weigh?

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 12:10:53 »
This is Jokrik's 456GT.  It's beautiful.  I would love to see The Moon in a colorway similar to this.  Anyone else interested in pink?

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 12:14:14 by nsmechkb »

Offline gt1989

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:25:03 »
Looks great, the only question I have is if that bottom row will be the only layout option or will there be another one to choose from?

Offline natbuns

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:34:24 »
I'm weak to space themed keebs.First Mira now moon. My bf and wallet is gonna kill me. :(

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:43:03 »

I feel your pain Dystopia! I was full well aware of the sale & what time it started today, but due to a very messed up & unfortunate event I had no control over I have no extra funds for my hobbies right now. So I had to flat out pass on an opportunity to get some of the KB kits & key cap sets that I most desire this morning. :'( This one is definitely gonna sting for awhile...

On the flip side though, since I wasn't able to join in on the MD sale today that does open up future purchases & this KB does look promising. I'm sure it'll be a little pricey but as long as I have the funds to spare when it goes live, I'll be able to justify it for such a great looking board! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:46:35 by Rob27shred »

Offline Robotical

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 15:04:33 »
Would love to see a black and cyan case. I really do like the curvature on the case though.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 15:15:58 »
Looks amazing.  Hope it comes to fruition.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 15:27:33 »
This is awesome, would really love to see a final price!

Offline Jubileus

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 23:50:16 »
This will definitely be my first custom. im in!!

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 00:37:21 »

I feel your pain Dystopia! I was full well aware of the sale & what time it started today, but due to a very messed up & unfortunate event I had no control over I have no extra funds for my hobbies right now. So I had to flat out pass on an opportunity to get some of the KB kits & key cap sets that I most desire this morning. :'( This one is definitely gonna sting for awhile...

On the flip side though, since I wasn't able to join in on the MD sale today that does open up future purchases & this KB does look promising. I'm sure it'll be a little pricey but as long as I have the funds to spare when it goes live, I'll be able to justify it for such a great looking board! :thumb:

We don't have a price set at this point of time. But I'm assuming it will be slightly cheaper than Mira SE. Reason being a) this should be pretty straight forward as it's designed and manufactured by same person. b) EVE has his own experience in CAD, making render and anodizing. Therefore he could lower the cost and shorten the GB cycle by using his resources. Which in turn brings cost down.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I have a price range in mind. I know it probably is the only factor that separates people from those dank keeb stuffs.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 March 2017, 17:01:56 by zzyjayfree »
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 00:44:47 »
Another TKL to add to my list. I love the curves on this, this looks so much better executed than Dolphin imo.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 02:01:58 »
I am definitely interested in this! Hopefully it'll be reasonably priced.
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline Gajible

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 02:42:04 »
Dolphin done right? I hate how much I like it, my wallet can't keep up..

A cosmic purple colour would be really cool!

Offline neralo

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 04:40:14 »

Came in here to say this, a cosmic purple, or the midnight hue the sky takes would be gorgeous, and very fitting with the theme.

Was wondering whats the tilt on this? Looks like 11deg? personally would prefer 8deg, but the curve on this is to die for.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 08:36:57 »
 definitely interested!

you know, i just had one request... i think it would be better if you remove those... stripes, leaving the back with only moon logo.

I agree with you. i'm not too keen with dolphin's curves.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 10:40:02 »
definitely interested

Offline AuDiTH

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 11:12:41 »
Looks amazing! Interested

Perhaps navy blue (or the grayish blue from mira) and silver?
SSK | AEK64 | TX-CP | HHKB | Acrylic Pearl | Duck Orion V3 | LZ MP | Kyuu Sakura
Currently joined GBs:
GMK British Racing Green
GMK ThinkCaps
SA 8010

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 11:20:02 »
On the Black and Gold scheme,  this joint looks out of place relative to the rest of the curves.

164142-0

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 11:50:48 »
On the Black and Gold scheme,  this joint looks out of place relative to the rest of the curves.

(Attachment Link)

Holy ****, is tp interested in this board?

Offline Robotical

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 12:45:09 »
Judging from the top plate, would there only be a winkeyless option? Would there potentially be a split shift layout? I like my function layers even on larger boards...
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 March 2017, 12:48:24 by Robotical »

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 16:08:31 »

(Attachment Link)

I've noticed that too. If you look at the side view pic you'd probably notice that is where top and bottom case meet.. Therefore it might be a good idea to keep top case same color as the bottom. It sure kills a lot of fun to do that. We will keep looking for solutions.

Judging from the top plate, would there only be a winkeyless option? Would there potentially be a split shift layout? I like my function layers even on larger boards...

WK version will also be available  :p
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 17:30:36 »
Will there be any kind of weight inserts for this keyboard?

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 18:42:23 »
Sick curves, I'm liking it more than the dolphin!

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 18:49:22 »
Very cool design, i like it :thumb:

Will there be any kind of weight inserts for this keyboard?
Looks like 2 on the back based off the renders,  but would be nice to get a solid answer/confirmation.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline deterouni

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 20:18:35 »
I would be interested for sure.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 21:43:25 »
Oh man, that is elegant! Count me in.

Offline PLC

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 23:56:01 »
Super interested. It would be nice if we can have gray and titan color.

Offline aptivaboy

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 23:56:44 »
Any chance of a full sized board?

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 16:10:31 »
Any chance of a full sized board?

Maybe next time. But the moon is only available in TKL

Offline lol

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 18:19:12 »
Would love to see a black and cyan case. I really do like the curvature on the case though.

Cyan would be sick

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 01:14:44 »
totally in

cosmic purple/ deep purple would be great and match the moon theme.

where's the rgb?

Offline PLC

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 01:22:29 »
When will the GB start? My wallet hasn`t been recovered...:(

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 01:29:38 »
Maybe next month

Offline Kavik

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 22:30:11 »
Maybe next month

This looks really awesome, and I'd hate to miss out on it, but I don't know if I can afford another ~$400 on keyboard related stuff by next month  :(
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline el_mechacontext

• You can find my body in the mechacontext.
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 04:55:13 »
That thing is fantastic. Love that color scheme, really nailed the lunar motif. And that is a really, really unique case design as well. Probably won't be able to afford this thing where I'm at right now, but I see this replacing my current TKL for sure.
Pok3r MX Clears | CM Storm Stealth MX Blues | Dell AT101W Alps Blacks | Happy Hacking Keyboard Uni 45g | Ortholinear Planck Gateron Blacks

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 12:55:36 »
Please run thi Gb alredy :D

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 13:51:54 »
This board is truly beautiful. I think I would honestly get an all gold version.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 17:09:08 »
What a beauty! I could be down for this if the GB and funds are in alignment.

Offline B1G_B1RD

• * Maker
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 17:36:03 »
This looks pretty cool. Will you have a prototype made before production?