Author Topic: Dell tech support  (Read 6058 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Dell tech support
« on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 08:27:09 »
Dafffqqq....

Tp4 Calls to ask a question:  Hi, on battery gaming performance seems to cap gpu frequency to 300mhz, is that the correct behavior ?

Dell tech: What is this software called ?

Tp4 scratches head: what ?

Dell tech: This game , how many gigabyte is it,  it seems that your graphics card is only 6 Gigabyte. How many gigabyte is the software.

Tp4 raises left  eyebrow:  in mind Tp4's thinking < Tp4 am going to say Overwatch 18 gigabytes, and if he responds how Tp4 thinks he's gonna respond, Tp4 will flip de shiiiieeee.. >

Tp4 :   I'm playing overwatch,  it's 18 gigabytes.

Dell tech:  well this is a problem, your graphics card only has 6 gigabytes, that is too low.

Dell tech:  would you like contact our paid software service to help you with this further,  software support is not handled by us, we are hardware support only.

Tp4 : < flipps the shiiiee  and hangs up. >

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: Dell tech support
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 08:51:34 »
Heh..... hehehehe.

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 09:12:56 »
Just download more ram.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 09:26:46 »
It just seems like this kind of support is worse than having ZERO-support like the off brands.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 11:30:00 »
Golden opportunity here: VRAMdrive.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 11:51:08 »
Dafffqqq....

Tp4 Calls to ask a question:  Hi, on battery gaming performance seems to cap gpu frequency to 300mhz, is that the correct behavior ?

Dell tech: What is this software called ?

Tp4 scratches head: what ?

Dell tech: This game , how many gigabyte is it,  it seems that your graphics card is only 6 Gigabyte. How many gigabyte is the software.

Tp4 raises left  eyebrow:  in mind Tp4's thinking < Tp4 am going to say Overwatch 18 gigabytes, and if he responds how Tp4 thinks he's gonna respond, Tp4 will flip de shiiiieeee.. >

Tp4 :   I'm playing overwatch,  it's 18 gigabytes.

Dell tech:  well this is a problem, your graphics card only has 6 gigabytes, that is too low.

Dell tech:  would you like contact our paid software service to help you with this further,  software support is not handled by us, we are hardware support only.

Tp4 : < flipps the shiiiee  and hangs up. >

Show Image

What to do?

The OS literally takes so much space, and i can't even delete it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 12:07:18 »

What to do?

You can get a larger ssd, then clone your drive to it. I've seen hp ex920 1TB for ~$100.

Offline JP

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 17:19:37 »
Indian tech scammers by the sounds of it. Did they do a bank account transfer and did you pay them off with Google Play gift cards?
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 17:26:58 »
Indian tech scammers by the sounds of it. Did they do a bank account transfer and did you pay them off with Google Play gift cards?

Wait,  but Tp4 called them ,  is Tp4 the scammer ?

/gasp

Offline JP

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 17:48:56 »

Wait,  but Tp4 called them ,  is Tp4 the scammer ?

/gasp

Did you syskey their computer?
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 17:53:14 »

Did you syskey their computer?

Tp4 practices safe-computing

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 18:24:53 »
:)) Tech support...

Furmark is only 14mb, was it a short enough wait to see what excuse they come up with for that throttling too?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 18:25:49 »

Furmark is only 14mb, was it a short enough wait to see what excuse they come up with for that throttling too?

In many ways, my feelings were hurt, because if they've got people like this there,  as a company,  they clearly don't give a ><><...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 18:32:43 »

In many ways, my feelings were hurt, because if they've got people like this there,  as a company,  they clearly don't give a ><><...

It is rather poor but it's a sample of one so maybe you just got really unlucky, did you get the guy(?)'s name for when you get a customer satisfaction survey?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 18:51:32 »
It is rather poor but it's a sample of one so maybe you just got really unlucky, did you get the guy(?)'s name for when you get a customer satisfaction survey?

He's just trying to feed his family/

There's no reason to start a ruse over this.  But Tp4 certainly would not buy any more dell products in the future.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 19:07:51 »

He's just trying to feed his family/

There's no reason to start a ruse over this.  But Tp4 certainly would not buy any more dell products in the future.

Had a laptop years ago. It would not turn on. I am freaking out because new laptop and young and not one with the art of dealing with companies when things go wrong. Like **** get the instruction manual out. Looking for number to call. Find number but it says read and try the following before calling. 1 make sure laptop is plugged in. Yep no one is that dumb. 2 make sure the wall socket is turned on. **** you would have to be a ****ing retard. Check wall socket, was not turned on.

Thanks Dell, you saved me an embarrassing conversation and a waste of your call centre time.

Edit: have no idea why i quoted tp.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 21:46:02 »
Parents bought me a Dell laptop back in 2005, had a 3yr original warranty,  I added 2 more years,  got a replacement under warranty around middle of 2010 (I think) , bought 5 year warranty on the replacement, needed it replaced then they decided they shouldn't have sold me the warranty (they eventually refunded it), finally sent me a new laptop in 2011  as a replacement and still had warranty through 15'.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 21:52:25 »
Parents bought me a Dell laptop back in 2005, had a 3yr original warranty,  I added 2 more years,  got a replacement under warranty around middle of 2010 (I think) , bought 5 year warranty on the replacement, needed it replaced then they decided they shouldn't have sold me the warranty (they eventually refunded it), finally sent me a new laptop in 2011  as a replacement and still had warranty through 15'.

Ride that train 2 the grave.. m0ar warranty = m0ar laptops = m0ar happiness

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 11:55:16 »
math

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 13:21:43 »
math

How dare I play an 18gb game with my 6gb Graphics card.. the audacity, the sheer disregard for my station in life. Get back to where you belong Tp4.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 07:31:24 »

What to do?

You can get a larger ssd, then clone your drive to it. I've seen hp ex920 1TB for ~$100.

A laptop, it is

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 02:17:26 »
I guess they don't sell 18GB graphics cards or the hardware person would have tried to sell you one.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 04:26:48 »

What to do?

A laptop, it is
Get a USB3->SATA cable :thumb:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 14:50:51 »
Not sure if this was answered didn't read all the way trough. But your laptop probably needs to be connected to the wall to make complete use of your GPU. They do this to extend battery life so your GPU doesn't draw a lot of power from your accu.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 15:08:55 »
Not sure if this was answered didn't read all the way trough. But your laptop probably needs to be connected to the wall to make complete use of your GPU. They do this to extend battery life so your GPU doesn't draw a lot of power from your accu.

Worry not sup,  Tp4 am ontop of the situation.. Was only trying to verify the frequency cap on gpu. have now downloaded m0ar Ram.

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 15:47:44 »

Worry not sup,  Tp4 am ontop of the situation.. Was only trying to verify the frequency cap on gpu. have now downloaded m0ar Ram.

Can’t go wrong with downloaded ram.
I hear it’s of the highest quality.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 16:28:13 »

Yup.. Tp4 only pays bitcoins for Top-Tier quality ram downloads.  Has to have that intel XMP profile with Hindu Shamen Pro Gamer blessing. + Limited Edition + RGB

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 01:04:20 »

Wish I could download a video card upgrade for my Dell.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 12:00:00 »

What to do?

Thanks