Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4217362 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #28800 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 08:46:41 »
LED light bulbs that are supposed to last 10+ years but always seem to fail in one.   Time to start getting petty and working that warranty on principle.

In theory they could with active cooling + replaceable fans, but most units don't have that.

Offline yui

« Reply #28801 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 10:04:20 »
LED light bulbs that are supposed to last 10+ years but always seem to fail in one.   Time to start getting petty and working that warranty on principle.

In theory they could with active cooling + replaceable fans, but most units don't have that.

i got some now 7 years old cheap Chinese LED bulb still going, just back then they did put huge radiators on the back, with most of the bulb's body being aluminum, only issue with those is that you have a 50/50% chance of the body being live...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28802 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 09:23:28 »
Outside is where all the hughmahnns are , Tp4 recommends = Avoid.
Wise words, I am home and the not-entirely reliable self test says I should make my record at my new job worked 7 days, on leave 4 days and sick 8.  Hopefully it is wrong.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28803 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 09:14:08 »
i hate my life right now, there is a girl i rather liked, just learnt she is sick and pregnant, so at the same time worried for her and feels bad man...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28804 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 10:08:02 »
i hate my life right now, there is a girl i rather liked, just learnt she is sick and pregnant, so at the same time worried for her and feels bad man...

This dat kdrama plot.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28805 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 10:55:58 »
Proper covid test result is in  I've definitely got it.  Not that I needed a test to say so as the symptoms are not pleasant.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28806 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 11:34:07 »
Proper covid test result is in  I've definitely got it.  Not that I needed a test to say so as the symptoms are not pleasant.

Report frequently,  hope no die.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #28807 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 11:48:00 »
**** SO. Heal up quick! <3
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28808 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 16:09:54 »
Russia #1, 17.08 million hectares siberian wildfire burnt, beating previous 2012 record with weeks left of fire season.

French family escaping Riviera wildfire exclaims they treked for miles jumping into a pool and googling what to do next.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28809 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 16:43:02 »

there is a girl i rather liked

As an old man remembering far too many missed opportunities, my advice is "go for it" without delay. A "no" answer is a momentary sting of pain, but there are no festering pangs of regret.

I eventually found love, married, and raised 2 excellent children, but I shrank away from countless other chances for no good reason other than my own timidity.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28810 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 16:51:24 »

As an old man remembering far too many missed opportunities, my advice is "go for it" without delay. A "no" answer is a momentary sting of pain, but there are no festering pangs of regret.

I eventually found love, married, and raised 2 excellent children, but I shrank away from countless other chances for no good reason other than my own timidity.

That almost sounds like fohat regrets not cheatn' on wifehat. kekekekke

Offline yui

« Reply #28811 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 01:24:10 »

the parts that hurts the most is that i finally worked out the courage to do so after 2 years of liking her, and then i learn that no it will not happen, next time i see her, if i do, she will be a mother, so no has become a guaranty and so i do not feel like making her uncomfortable is worth it...

Offline iri

« Reply #28812 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 02:35:59 »
A Russian proverb says, "it's better to do and regret, than not to do and regret".

Not in this case though =)
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28813 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 03:54:53 »
A Russian proverb says, "it's better to do and regret, than not to do and regret".
Easy to say, hard to live unless you're the gambling type.  A lesser something with mild regret often looks more attractive than nothing with constant awareness of what was lost.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #28814 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 06:44:05 »
Easy to say, hard to live unless you're the gambling type.  A lesser something with mild regret often looks more attractive than nothing with constant awareness of what was lost.
But that's not applicable here. If you are trying to use an opportunity, you are literally losing nothing as opposed to not trying. (Besides your time if it doesn't work out, but this isn't something you should regret).
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28815 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 11:31:55 »

I once tried asking a girl I liked out. She deleted all her online profiles, changed her phone, and moved to another state. Never again.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28816 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 15:57:32 »

She deleted all her online profiles, changed her phone, and moved to another state.

It must be those fangs on your avatar.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28817 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 03:57:18 »
Can't get my thoughts in enough order to write a post about a question I'm struggling with.  Said post would probably be a waste of time anyway as the subject is about "love" and there's no guarantee we experience it in the same way, let alone converting the experience to anything like the same words :confused:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28818 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 05:53:08 »
Can't get my thoughts in enough order to write a post about a question I'm struggling with.  Said post would probably be a waste of time anyway as the subject is about "love" and there's no guarantee we experience it in the same way, let alone converting the experience to anything like the same words :confused:

Seems like everyone has been psychologically triggered on the subject,  The govnmn must have initiated some sort of mind control wave to induce relationship pair thoughts to replace all the covid deaths. /gasp....

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28819 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 06:57:22 »
Seems like everyone has been psychologically triggered on the subject,  The govnmn must have initiated some sort of mind control wave to induce relationship pair thoughts to replace all the covid deaths. /gasp....
If they did they failed - I still don't like the idea of relationships and the obligations they bring and I don't consider myself to be a healthy enough example of the human race to think reproducing is a good idea.  That makes no difference though because while some females are fun-attractive, some intriguing-attractive, some physically attractive and some evoke a desire to protect and care for them I found one that triggered all of these and more at the same time and more intensely than I've experienced before while being totally comfortable to be with for long periods.  She's not perfect as crushes are thought to be by those wearing rose tinted glasses but ... well you get the idea.

The real deal?  A post lockdown first eligible female I met overreaction/crush?  My first encounter with an Autistic-y female (she is, unsure she's first) freeing up psychospiritual energy repressed by previous lack of connection?  Covid messing with me? :-\
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #28820 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 07:26:04 »
If they did they failed - I still don't like the idea of relationships and the obligations they bring and I don't consider myself to be a healthy enough example of the human race to think reproducing is a good idea.  That makes no difference though because while some females are fun-attractive, some intriguing-attractive, some physically attractive and some evoke a desire to protect and care for them I found one that triggered all of these and more at the same time and more intensely than I've experienced before while being totally comfortable to be with for long periods.  She's not perfect as crushes are thought to be by those wearing rose tinted glasses but ... well you get the idea.

The real deal?  A post lockdown first eligible female I met overreaction/crush?  My first encounter with an Autistic-y female (she is, unsure she's first) freeing up psychospiritual energy repressed by previous lack of connection?  Covid messing with me? :-\
Start dating her and find out :p

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28821 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 07:49:08 »

Nature did not make it _hard_.  We're supposed to replicate by age 20 and die @ 30.

All the Convolutions that we think at length these days are Expansion Packs/ Patches.

If anything a lengthy stable family is actually the more unnatural outcome, even though, it is a modern desirable.

-Looking at Japan, there are significant rates of RETIREMENT divorces, where the husband retires from work, the wife divorces him because he's spending more time at home, and she doesn't want to deal with his old-man eccentricities.

We are already in the Anthropocene extinction event. Traditional pair bond ideology is forced to evolve yet again.

_birthcontrol_sterilization_dystopia_climate disaster_nuqular disaster_ reset in 100,000 years

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28822 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 08:30:28 »
Start dating her and find out :p
If not for 200+ miles and Covid isolation that would be the plan.  Instead I'm going back to bed because I feel like crap.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28823 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 08:40:03 »

being totally comfortable to be with for long periods

Start dating her and find out

If it is real then don't blow it. Solid opportunities don't come along that often, especially as you get older.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28824 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 09:55:33 »
Mech arena, it's like a janky mech warrior f2p on mobile.  Kinda of fun.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #28825 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 21:15:27 »
Looking at being promoted in the next few weeks. If I don't stay in my current job as a supervisor, I'll be moved somewhere with less responsibilities, but with hours and days off that are undesirable. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28826 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 23:13:14 »
Where the **** is my Youtooz Nyan Cat? I ordered it a month ago. I usually don't buy dopey **** like that but I was drunk and now I want my ****ing Nyan Cat!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28827 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 08:15:01 »
Where the **** is my Youtooz Nyan Cat? I ordered it a month ago. I usually don't buy dopey **** like that but I was drunk and now I want my ****ing Nyan Cat!

$29.99 is like a whole bottle of scotch. or 10 plastic bottle vodka.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28828 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 18:08:26 »
$29.99 is like a whole bottle of scotch. or 10 plastic bottle vodka.[/size][/color]

Not in Australia. That would be 2 x 4L goon sacks or a 6 pack of trash beer.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28829 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 18:44:51 »
$29.99 is like a whole bottle of scotch. or 10 plastic bottle vodka.[/size][/color]

beer is $5 per can ?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28830 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 19:09:30 »

beer is $5 per can ?

Depends what it is but yeah it can be expensive in low quantities or at the pub. Also 5 dolleridoos is different to 5 freedom units. Google is telling me that it would be 3.56 freedom units.

So 30 USD is actually 42.08 AUD. That could almost buy scotch. Maybe get a bottle of trash vodka on special.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28831 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 19:24:11 »

beer is $5 per can ?

That's why you buy beer at a store and don't waste money on bars.
We should not live in a World where coffee is more expensive than beer. That's a sad World.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28832 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 05:25:34 »

Goon sacks, never thought I'd see that expression here. Hope you haven't played Wheel of Goon.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28833 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 10:46:50 »

Goon sacks, never thought I'd see that expression here. Hope you haven't played Wheel of Goon.

lol gooning

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #28835 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 14:35:23 »
Going to land during high tide and during a full moon.  This could be catastrophic for those living on/near the shore. 

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #28836 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 14:43:07 »
That looks very yonic....

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28837 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 14:45:39 »
That looks very yonic....

hopefully it clears up some of the smoke.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28838 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 19:45:36 »

Goon of fortune is our national sport. Unfortunately most houses no long have the requisite Hills Hoist clothes line. In fact thinking back, the last place I lived with a hills hoist was in 2012 (which is funny because it was a relatively new house and they are way out of style as most yards in new houses are too small). Before that, it was 2008. 

I am retired now, have not slung up a sack is at least 10 years.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28839 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 12:09:10 »
Have you guys seen boss baby ? Never finished the movie because it creeps me out, just like Rugrats (cartoon).

Tried watching the new one, nope, 5 minutes in, no more.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28840 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 16:53:02 »
Have you guys seen boss baby ? Never finished the movie because it creeps me out, just like Rugrats (cartoon).

Tried watching the new one, nope, 5 minutes in, no more.

No, but I've seen bits of the TV show.

Basically all modern kid stuff creeps me out. It's all absolutely terrible CGI animation, some worse than others. The stuff with no or minimal talking is especially creepy, particularly when it's live action.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline yui

« Reply #28841 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 06:11:46 »
warning gets a bit darker than usual

i hate my over compassion, my boss hurts me for a year and a half, tells me to kill myself, but when it is time to report to HR i still fear to hurt her back... to the point of it making me sick, what the **** is wrong with me... same with the girl i liked, she is pregnant of someone else but i fear for her health with covid delta and all the problem related with smoking and pregnancy, i should not care but it keep me awake at night and makes me unable to eat... i feel trapped in there. only thing keeping me about afloat is the cats they are annoying often but man they help with stress and with doing something else than stay in the bed contemplating if my boss was right about her advice...
ps. sorry a bit dark, but i kinda have no one to talk about it with

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28842 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 06:58:37 »
Yui I can't relate at all as a logical detached person but all your problems seem to be centred around work - just get out while you still can.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28843 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 07:22:16 »
Very hughmahn behavior. Yui's running stock frequencies, while the world around him is running on psychotic overclock.

Trying to be hughmahn in a dehughmahnized world.

Tp4 recommends installation of Veggie OS 3.1 and running anti-inflammatory mood stabilizer.exe

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28844 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 07:40:44 »
tells me to kill myself

your problems seem to be centred around work

I am inclined to agree. Even truly enjoying your actual work will not make up for a toxic environment.

Have you considered taking up a hobby (not just keyboards) or pastime to fill up your time and help you feel good about yourself? There are lots of troubled kids who need mentors ....

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #28845 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 08:18:02 »

i hate my over compassion, my boss hurts me for a year and a half, tells me to kill myself, but when it is time to report to HR i still fear to hurt her back... to the point of it making me sick, what the **** is wrong with me... same with the girl i liked, she is pregnant of someone else but i fear for her health with covid delta and all the problem related with smoking and pregnancy, i should not care but it keep me awake at night and makes me unable to eat... i feel trapped in there. only thing keeping me about afloat is the cats they are annoying often but man they help with stress and with doing something else than stay in the bed contemplating if my boss was right about her advice...

If you believe HR will be able to address the problem, I wouldn't hesitate to notify them. No need to lose sleep over a co-worker's terrible, unprofessional behavior.

Offline yui

« Reply #28846 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 08:30:27 »
your problems seem to be centred around work
I am inclined to agree. Even truly enjoying your actual work will not make up for a toxic environment.

Have you considered taking up a hobby (not just keyboards) or pastime to fill up your time and help you feel good about yourself? There are lots of troubled kids who need mentors ....
the things that prevented me from just going away a while back is that it is very few bad eggs that are toxic, the rest is nice to work with, just so happened to be my manager (used the wrong word earlier).
and yes i have other hobbies but with covid they kinda stopped, building pc has become completely out of the question because of price, networking is anyway rather expensive, and i love baking but mostly for others, as i do not like sugar myself, and i bakes for a while for that one girl and so for a while it will be out of the question anyhow...

thanks you all to push me in the right direction, it does help.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28847 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 10:30:26 »

Let me tell you a (bit) of my story.

At the end of undergrad I had pretty much nowhere to go. Family is not rich so I have to support myself -- not a huge deal, been doing that since 16 but at that time is was specially difficult because the job market here is terrible. Doing master's was a dream but could not afford it. So I didn't think much about it. Just kept my 9-5 crap job. At the time of graduation I was so infatuated with my job (hostile workplace, crap manager, mentally abusive owner) that I just YOLO'ed it, started freelancing and enrolled into a master's . I said some words I today rather I had not, but that's water under the bridge I guess...

Don't get me wrong, it was difficult. Living paycheck to paycheck sucks balls and I made huge mistakes that I am still recovering from. But today I wake up monday morning looking forward to the week. PhD is still halfway to go, and I have lots of keyboard projects that I need to close.

There are sometimes in life that you need to take drastic action and bold decisions, and from my experience you are in a similar place I was back then. Things turned out great in the end; albeit not making the same money as I was, and dealing with having to regulate my lifestyle, I am light years happier.

What made it for me was regular physical exercises. Everyday at 5 I either bike or run or do muscular exercises. Turns out there are specific neurotransmitter substances you only get when exercising. I also don't have trouble sleeping anymore. 80% of the problems I hear from colleagues come from too much anxiety or energy that could be dealt with if you had somewhere to dump that negative energy. I suggest you give that a try if you don't.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 August 2021, 10:35:44 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28848 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 12:20:26 »
I was so infatuated with my job (hostile workplace, crap manager, mentally abusive owner) that I just YOLO'ed it
Infatuation is positive, did you really love the work but the people were bad enough to quit anyway or is it the wrong word?

After quitting and taking a paycut in the name of happiness twice I'd rather go it alone but lack the imagination to see anything I could do without many thousands in the bank, which I don't have.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28849 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 12:52:17 »
I was so infatuated with my job (hostile workplace, crap manager, mentally abusive owner) that I just YOLO'ed it
Infatuation is positive, did you really love the work but the people were bad enough to quit anyway or is it the wrong word?

After quitting and taking a paycut in the name of happiness twice I'd rather go it alone but lack the imagination to see anything I could do without many thousands in the bank, which I don't have.

prob ment' entangled.