Author Topic: Car Thread  (Read 647873 times)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Car Thread
« Reply #2750 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 09:18:05 »
2018 MY does look quite better.  The updated rear lights make a hell of a difference.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2751 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 10:46:34 »
I think they have somewhat different images across the pond.. I was reading that the CT200 has been killed in North America, whereas we're getting a 2018 facelift for the European market. I wouldn't call it massively popular over here, I think Lexus is still a slightly niche brand compared to the big German ones but it must be selling well enough to warrant them keeping it in the market.

But yeah that interior is really nice, it's like a synthetic leather but very soft, and with heated seats :)

But now the 2018 update has been shown, the dealer I've been working with told me to wait out until mid/late October before placing an order through my fleet dept. to make sure I can get a 2018 MY.

The 2018 update changes the DRL in the headlights, the colour and design of the rear lights, adds a sort of 'duckbill' to the rear hatch and adds the newer honeycomb grille to all trim levels. Apparently there's also more interior finish options and a bigger 10" screen. Looks much fresher IMO and I think I'd kick myself for ordering the current model then seeing the newer version on the roads for the next 3-4 years  :))

New:

Show Image

Old:

Show Image

Show Image

In California I see ct200h everywhere  :)) :))
They are really as common as corollar in where I live...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2752 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 17:29:52 »
how many ya'll gettin' the new tesla ?

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2753 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 11:56:10 »
how many ya'll gettin' the new tesla ?

Are you buying me one?

Offline typo

« Reply #2755 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 02:29:46 »
Have you guy's seen the new Mercedes E63 commercial? Many commercials really make you want the car in elaborate ways with fancy music Etc. This commercial is a little different. Actually I was very surprised but it is hilarious. Not that everyone could get that car anyways. I don't even know why they waste money to make a commercial for a car only 5% of the population can afford.

Now from what I just said, to sound like a complete jerk. One of my leases is up in 2 months and I am pretty interested in the Aston Martin DB!!. Yes, I can actually get it. I do count myself very lucky and I do give back. I am a redneck nerd if you can imagine.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2756 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 02:42:37 »
Have you guy's seen the new Mercedes E63 commercial? Many commercials really make you want the car in elaborate ways with fancy music Etc. This commercial is a little different. Actually I was very surprised but it is hilarious. Not that everyone could get that car anyways. I don't even know why they waste money to make a commercial for a car only 5% of the population can afford.

Now from what I just said, to sound like a complete jerk. One of my leases is up in 2 months and I am pretty interested in the Aston Martin DB!!. Yes, I can actually get it. I do count myself very lucky and I do give back. I am a redneck nerd if you can imagine.

^-^  I feel I am lucky even if I see a aston martin....

Offline typo

« Reply #2757 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 03:32:24 »
You are lucky. Regardless of if you see one or own one. It is just a car. I know, easy for me to say. To put this in perspective some dodo hit my lp12 and he got out and apologized profusely. I said don't worry it is just a car at least we are both unharmed. People and animals are important not cars. I just wanted to make my stance known. I think I am actually very humble. I made some money but that does not matter to me really. If you knew me you would know I actually mean this. I swear to you I would drive a '72 Beetle with no regrets. I am just happy to be alive(I am 76 and very sick). That's all.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #2758 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 03:44:15 »

Seems like there's a couple of mentalities when it comes to advertising cars, at least with the German manufacturers.

One, that BMW are using, is to show a really sexy, well-shot advert of a full optioned-out top trim level version of a certain model, for example the M140i, then tell us that the 'new 1 Series is available from only £199/month!) with the microscopic text at the bottom of the screen reading 'model shown M140i MSRP £35,000, starting at £500/month with £5000 down-payment'.

The other method is to show a really short, ambiguous advert of the absolute top of the line mode like the E63 AMG S to get people excited about the model, then when they go to the dealership and find out that the MSRP is nearly £100k, the salesperson can point then towards the 2.0 diesel model with AMG 'lookalike' styling for 1/3 the price.
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline typo

« Reply #2759 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 00:18:13 »
Completely agree. It is all sales tactics that is tied tightly between the advertisments and their sales force. When you see a $75k car for $500 a month the fine print you are surely not able to see is $5,995 down plus tax title license. Tax in a average city is at least 8% so, now it is $10,000 down and $500 a month either for a 39 month lease which is stupid or 72 months to own it. The real truth unfortunately, is either buy slightly used most depreciation is in the first year. Or if you are looking at a car $75k or over you really need to be playing with cash. Otherwise plenty of people could swing it but they are in fact going to pay more like $120,000 for that $75k car. As far as a more reasonable very nice $35,000 car depending on the brand and the residual if you lease you can actually fair very well. like only $70 down total and $350 a month.

the real truth is for many years I drove cars that were not even roadworthy. If you are very smart, not dumb like me rich or poor buy a $10,000 used car on good credit. that is the sweetspot. should not ned too much work and is not so low in price that it is a lemon. Of course only from a new car dealership. Be careful of the car too. If it is a 2015 E550 you are going to be very sorry for that being $10k. A Honda accord 2013 should be easily doable.

As for the commercial, the E63 S made my jaw drop. The germans are pretty refined. That must only be in the American market. I could not believe what I just heard. It was pretty hilarious. Correct that they advertise that because they can show you the turbo diesel. Some cars do not have a much lower model and therefore are simply word of mouth. even Porsche has reasonable models. Pretty much anything Italian or British you will not see advertised Other than Alfa Romeo I guess. which happens to be a very nice car. The quad with the big engine is a huge value but still not cheap. The real killer is the amg with the 375hp 4 cylinder. that thing is crazy fast and a pretty nice car as well for not a crazy amount of money. I would probably try to take the Audi TT RS at that point though. Certainly not something I would driving at my age because it is a go cart with a body but if I was under 25 I would be all over that. That's going to depend if they landed that good job out of grad school I guess. Well, even a union laborer could do it if they were single. About priorities. Not buying it now will pay off in spades later on.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2760 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 03:51:57 »
i remember last year benz Christmas ad showing a amg gt, and at the end of the ad it shows the price of a suv that sit in the corner in the ad

Offline typo

« Reply #2761 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 22:30:45 »
lol. This is a very deceptive business. I hate buying cars quite frankly.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2762 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 22:33:07 »
I think something worse is the fuel efficiency figures. The whole "Combined, Urban, Extra Urban" **** is so broad and misleading that even if you are nowhere near those figures, dealerships will just be like; Yeah it varies.

A friend of mine just bought a brand new Toyota Auris estate hybrid. Advertised at 60-70mpg but he's only managed 40 the last three weeks.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Millsoncapo

« Reply #2763 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 12:51:32 »
omg,how rich you guys,haha

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #2764 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 09:23:54 »
I saw this on the way to work yesterday. Apparently an old lady drives it and lives in it(???)

Also, check out that church!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2765 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 05:26:29 »
I saw this on the way to work yesterday. Apparently an old lady drives it and lives in it(???)

Also, check out that church!

Show Image

That's siiiiiick. I hope her grandkids buy her some sick wheels for it for Christmas :D

So I took the Golf off the road finally. The head gasket went again last week on the way to work so I had get a tow the last mile. Meant I had to rush the MOT on my new runaround (technically my girlfriend's car but she can't drive yet) and here it is:

A magnificent piece of British engineering, the Rover 25. 1.6l petrol, manual, not a bad drive tbh and the head gasket on that was replaced a few years ago so I think it's gonna be good for the moment.

Put my golf in a garage I've been given permission to use now, and had it put on a low loader this week and taken over there, unfortunately when I got there, someone was parked in front of it...

At this point I was on my own, but I managed to get the guy to move his car. However, the ground isn't level as you can see the garages step down... So the task of moving it began. Disclaimer: car would not start. Battery was fine but there was no ticking over or anything.

A bit of a push and we got here:

Unfortunately this meant I was at a bump in the road surface...

And as you can see the ground is broken up and getting footing was not easy. I ended up attaching a tow rope to the front and getting on the hard standing and pulling the ****...

Managed to get to here. So now i'm almost in line with the garage, but I had to adjust the steering, push a bit, put the hand brake on, adjust the steering again, push a bit, and eventually got it to just in front of the garage. Then I was met with the final obstacle.

More loose stones in front of the garage meant attaching the tow rope to the back, standing in the garage and heaving it in. Managed to get it over the threshold and after an hour, he was in

Hand brake off, makeshift chocs under the front wheels, windows cracked to let the moisture out (I spilt beer in there a while ago and it STINKS) disk lock on the steering wheel, ready for the work to begin.

The plan is to strip it of all it's parts, and take the car down to bare metal. Nut and bolt restoration so I have a blank canvas and then... who knows. Maybe keep it OEM with a small drop in ride height like I have now, maybe a few rare parts that were factory options, we will see. No doubt I will change my mind a few times over the course of a couple of years while it's in the garage. Needs a total engine rebuild now as well and I might do some mods to the engine at some point.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2766 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 20:07:16 »
Got a *new* Jeep a couple weeks ago.

Just re-did the headliner last weekend, looks brand new.

https://imgur.com/a/vT2i2

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2767 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 22:53:08 »
What dash cam u peeps using ?

Offline WhiteHelix

• KurantRubys Techblog
« Reply #2768 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 08:00:42 »
Im thinking about getting a blackvue, but im still not sure if I should buy one at that pricepoint. In germany, it depends on the court if the video will be approved or not.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #2769 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 11:12:19 »
Nextbase seem to be well regarded in the UK, pretty good value for money I think

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #2770 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 12:39:21 »

So I took the Golf off the road finally. The head gasket went again last week on the way to work so I had get a tow the last mile. Meant I had to rush the MOT on my new runaround (technically my girlfriend's car but she can't drive yet) and here it is:

Love the Golf, I gave up the older VW fight when my mk4 started to fall apart. Hopefully in the future I can pick up a TR 1.8t one and have a fun daily. I recently upgraded from my mk6 GTI to a mk7 R. Keeping with Tornado Red from now on, I have fallen in love with the color.

Old

New
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2771 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 18:08:37 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 February 2019, 19:08:46 by Snowdog993 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2772 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 04:47:15 »

Love the Golf, I gave up the older VW fight when my mk4 started to fall apart. Hopefully in the future I can pick up a TR 1.8t one and have a fun daily. I recently upgraded from my mk6 GTI to a mk7 R. Keeping with Tornado Red from now on, I have fallen in love with the color.

Old
Show Image

New
Show Image

Prettyyyyyy. The R looks so good without a front plate...

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #2773 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 12:24:04 »

Old
Show Image

New
Show Image

Prettyyyyyy. The R looks so good without a front plate...

I agree, I bought the mk7 from Florida so no ugly holes drilled into the bumper like there were on my mk6. I was really salty about those holes.

/u/Shartastical

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2774 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 12:34:38 »

Show Image

More
A magnificent piece of British engineering, the Rover 25. 1.6l petrol, manual, not a bad drive tbh and the head gasket on that was replaced a few years ago so I think it's gonna be good for the moment.

Put my golf in a garage I've been given permission to use now, and had it put on a low loader this week and taken over there, unfortunately when I got there, someone was parked in front of it...

Show Image

At this point I was on my own, but I managed to get the guy to move his car. However, the ground isn't level as you can see the garages step down... So the task of moving it began. Disclaimer: car would not start. Battery was fine but there was no ticking over or anything.

A bit of a push and we got here:

Show Image

Unfortunately this meant I was at a bump in the road surface...

Show Image

And as you can see the ground is broken up and getting footing was not easy. I ended up attaching a tow rope to the front and getting on the hard standing and pulling the ****...

Show Image

Managed to get to here. So now i'm almost in line with the garage, but I had to adjust the steering, push a bit, put the hand brake on, adjust the steering again, push a bit, and eventually got it to just in front of the garage. Then I was met with the final obstacle.

Show Image

More loose stones in front of the garage meant attaching the tow rope to the back, standing in the garage and heaving it in. Managed to get it over the threshold and after an hour, he was in

Show Image

Hand brake off, makeshift chocs under the front wheels, windows cracked to let the moisture out (I spilt beer in there a while ago and it STINKS) disk lock on the steering wheel, ready for the work to begin.

The plan is to strip it of all it's parts, and take the car down to bare metal. Nut and bolt restoration so I have a blank canvas and then... who knows. Maybe keep it OEM with a small drop in ride height like I have now, maybe a few rare parts that were factory options, we will see. No doubt I will change my mind a few times over the course of a couple of years while it's in the garage. Needs a total engine rebuild now as well and I might do some mods to the engine at some point.

Oh no :(

I like the plan though. I'd love to do something similar in the future, just need to figure out which car I want...

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2775 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 07:39:14 »
Took a bunch of shots at Staggered over the weekend. Ended up bringing the wrong lens with me so I'm kinda bummed about that, but I managed to get some decent shots regardless.

Went with a couple of good friends, this is their Mini Coupe, Ginster GTI, and my R32:

Rest of the shots can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/vsrmx/albums/72157687749457893

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #2776 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 23:53:09 »
Took a bunch of shots at Staggered over the weekend. Ended up bringing the wrong lens with me so I'm kinda bummed about that, but I managed to get some decent shots regardless.

I love all the VW love in this community. Also, hello fellow .:R owner!

Do you happen to have any more pictures, or know of any shoots of that black mk4 in the back of your first pic? mk4's are my favorite.

/u/Shartastical

Offline dante

« Reply #2777 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:17:28 »
VW discontinuing the Scirocco :(

There was a conspiracy theory that VW removed the 2 door GTI/Golf option from the US to squeeze the Scirocco in.  Oh well.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2778 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:23:26 »
VW discontinuing the Scirocco :(

There was a conspiracy theory that VW removed the 2 door GTI/Golf option from the US to squeeze the Scirocco in.  Oh well.

Well that sucks. They sold quite well in the UK. I thought they were going to remodel it but there we go. Wonder what is going to fill the void?

Offline WhiteHelix

• KurantRubys Techblog
« Reply #2779 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 13:03:03 »
Polo GTI maybe? I think you can only order a 5 door in germany too, I'll take a look.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #2780 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 16:22:52 »
Return of the Corrado??  :))

I've always been upset we can't get the Scirocco in the States, but not having them at all is even worse. That, and no more manual GLIs for 2018. I hope the Jetta platform will finally get the EA888 gen 3 motor from the mk7, or whatever the next step is. Seems pretty late in that motor's life cycle for it to be put in another car.

Here is a nice picture of my stock R.

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 October 2017, 16:32:36 by Suembeaux »

/u/Shartastical

Offline dante

« Reply #2781 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 10:03:29 »
no more manual GLIs for 2018.

I'm currently driving a Volvo C30 w/ manual; when VW discontinues the manual option in the GTI I'll probably buy one of the last examples.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 October 2017, 10:05:08 by dante »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2782 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 10:49:05 »
It's interesting how some American enthusiasts want manuals, but I really want an auto in my next car hahaha.

Just driven to Cardiff and back (200 miles ish) and the Rover never missed a beat.

Offline dante

« Reply #2783 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 11:00:56 »
It's interesting how some American enthusiasts want manuals, but I really want an auto in my next car hahaha.

Having a manual in America is as close as an average Joe can get to an exotic car. :p

Offline dante

« Reply #2784 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 11:10:14 »

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2785 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 04:50:47 »
I'm ****ing fuming

Last month noticed that someone had stepped on my hood, leaving two pretty deep scratches in it. Last weekend, car suddenly warned that there was a left tail light failure. Got out and noticed the light had a crack and a hole in it and water had seeped in. I assume the light shorted out? Don't know for sure if the two are related, but seems almost too big of a coincidence.

Stay off another persons property for ****s sake. If I somehow did something to you that offended you so much you feel the need to vandalise my vehicle, face me like a man. ****ing cowards.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 October 2017, 04:53:00 by Brammm87 »
pls gief bbv2

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #2786 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 05:35:57 »
I'm ****ing fuming

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Last month noticed that someone had stepped on my hood, leaving two pretty deep scratches in it. Last weekend, car suddenly warned that there was a left tail light failure. Got out and noticed the light had a crack and a hole in it and water had seeped in. I assume the light shorted out? Don't know for sure if the two are related, but seems almost too big of a coincidence.

Stay off another persons property for ****s sake. If I somehow did something to you that offended you so much you feel the need to vandalise my vehicle, face me like a man. ****ing cowards.

That is a pretty small crack in your taillight. If someone has a problem with you, they are not really doing a good job at getting revenge.  Could be a a stone chip but I have never seen a stone break something on the rear of a car..... only windscreens.... so many windscreens..... Do you park your car on the wrong side of a highway much?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2787 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 07:17:28 »
Another car show, more snaps

Small album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/vsrmx/albums/72157687921338474

Offline tristinDLC

« Reply #2788 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 03:18:44 »
Show Image

Love the Golf. A VW MKI Rabbit or Jetta would be the only car I would choose if I had to go outside my Datsun brotherhood. I'm trying to convince my GF to get a MKI Cabi so I can still work on it, but pretend it's hers haha

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #2789 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 06:41:42 »
nothing special, but here's my first car  ^-^

MK7 TSI Comfortline + tint, demo model

181628-0

so my post isn't too boring here's some i saw at meetups or on the road

More
181630-1
181632-2
181634-3
181636-4
181638-5
181640-6

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #2790 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:30:02 »
I'm ****ing fuming

Mate there's not many things that make me angrier than people ****ing with your property, especially cars. Such a scummy thing to do..

nothing special, but here's my first car  ^-^

MK7 TSI Comfortline + tint, demo model

I still think the Mk7 Golf is a really handsome car. I had a 1.6 TDi SE one for a while, in dark metallic blue, really nice

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2791 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 09:50:22 »
 :(  :'(  :(  :'(  :(  :'(

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2792 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 10:23:36 »
I'm ****ing fuming

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That is a pretty small crack in your taillight. If someone has a problem with you, they are not really doing a good job at getting revenge.  Could be a a stone chip but I have never seen a stone break something on the rear of a car..... only windscreens.... so many windscreens..... Do you park your car on the wrong side of a highway much?

It wasn't just the crack, its also the (less visible in the picture) hole in the top left. The plastic was actually gone there and water was seeping into the taillight. Mechanic said damage was consistent with it being hit by something hard in two different places.
pls gief bbv2

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2793 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 17:56:26 »

Show Image

**** :( Why are all these bad things happening to everyone's cars?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2794 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 18:53:21 »

Show Image

Nooooooo...!!  :O  :(  :'(

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2795 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 08:21:37 »
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2796 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 02:28:36 »
And she's back!  Got to take her back in so they can put the missing door panel clips they forgot to put on, but the color match turned out great.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline tristinDLC

« Reply #2797 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 03:08:01 »
And she's back!

Repair looks great... much better than the dent and paint scrape.

I need to take my daily into the shop for some rogue electrical gremlin that has beaten my generally well-tuned electrical skills. I'm in the middle of a complete chassis rewire with my '69 Datsun, so I know a thing or two about electrical, but my '02 Xterra has been down far too long. Just trying to save the money (aka pay a professional tech to fix it. The Datsun only "needs" like 5 wires to run, but the X has me stumped.

Thank God for city transit/Uber if I really need it and working from home makes it easier to not need to commute. While the Datsun runs, it's no longer comfortable to commute in anymore (although I daily drove it for ~5yrs) and since it's vintage I can just call all its rust and dents "patina" and get away with it.

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 December 2017, 03:10:23 by tristinDLC »

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2798 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 18:10:23 »
YOUR IMAGE DOESN'T WORK! I CAN'T SEE YOU CAR! I HOPE YOU'RE NOT USING A MACINTRASH TO UPLOAD PICTURES.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2799 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 14:45:38 »
Welp started off the new year with a 'bang'

Totaled, unfortunately. Still kinda pissed, but **** happens.

On the other hand, picked up my new baby today:

2016 A4. Very happy :)