Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873962 times)

Offline GeorgeStorm

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1800 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 05:55:39 »
I must be one of the few people who mocked my friends for playing MOBAs, tried DOTA, didn't really see what the fuss was about and so still mocks them :D

Started Tomb Raider over the weekend, enjoying it so far, will probably start another one of them once I complete it.
Also started Shank, not normally my kind of game but it's pretty fun, even though I'm really bad at it and so it can be rather frustrating :P
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1801 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 07:19:17 »
In case you haven't seen it yet, leaked footage of Titanfall Alpha:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/20/titanfall-alpha-footage-appears-online-may-not-be-around-for-long/

THis looks good.. but is it enough of a HALO killer?

Pretty sure Halo did a better job than anyone else of trying to kill it

blasphemy  halo is the best fps ever... if only they made halo 3 for PC.. omg... it'd be epic

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1802 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 08:03:24 »
blasphemy  halo is the best fps ever... if only they made halo 3 for PC.. omg... it'd be epic

That is one thing we agree on.

the story of the the last few, the Noble 14 still gets me.  :'(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #1803 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:49:21 »
none...........
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1804 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:55:17 »

I feel like the original Halo is just an updated version of Quake 2... but with a much worse sound track and a much worse ending

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1805 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 14:54:35 »

I feel like the original Halo is just an updated version of Quake 2... but with a much worse sound track and a much worse ending

ur saying Quake 2 had a good ending?

Offline illy865

« Reply #1806 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 14:58:11 »
Marvel Heroes has been taking most of my gaming time, especially more recently.  I'm a big Marvel fan so it's fun to be able to play many of my favorite characters from the comics.
AEK - Orange ALPS | Leopold FC700R - Cherry MX Red | CM Storm Quickfire TK - Cherry MX Blue

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1807 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 15:24:19 »

ur saying Quake 2 had a good ending?

Well, the ending cinematic was terrible granted, but the end boss was pretty ballin' a giant robot with a BFG is better than fighting the flood...

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1808 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 05:05:48 »
Anyone playing GT6? I just came first in the first race of an online LMS championship ^^

I thought this thread was about COMPUTER games?  ;)

Talking about driving games, though, I love how Forza 5 looks, but won't be forking out for an X-bone just for that. Forza 4 will keep me happy enough. Not fair that PS3'ers can play the next gen driving game on their boxes, but 360 owners can't. Sigh. Anyway, Forza 4 is still "better" than GT6  ;)

Back to topic: I just started playing WoW again (peer pressure, friends are in other countries and it's a good way to be social and have fun together). Must admit that I'm hooked again. They've made some big improvements to the enjoyment of the game. Less grinding, more interesting environments, less complex talent builds. And a race I love, goblins.

The next expansion (Warlords of Draenor) will finally bring some updated character models and animations.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1809 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 05:32:01 »
Forza is a good entry level racing game but it's far too arcady for me. The physics are pretty bad and the track selection worse. That said my ps3 computes (just) so that's why I put it in here :P

But yeah Forza 4 is the only one I played and hated it. The further up the ladder of super cars you got the worse the handling and AI got worse. But hey that's just me... Gt6's physics is so much better than gt5's though I can't go back! Even though cars are harder to handle you get so much more feedback it really is very enjoyable!

But on PC games.. Played some more mgr now that's on steam... Still a fantastic game... Oh and ofc sc2

Offline kilogeek

• Nostalgy of a time when quality was a value
« Reply #1810 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 04:12:51 »
Anyone playing GT6? I just came first in the first race of an online LMS championship ^^

I thought this thread was about COMPUTER games?  ;)

Talking about driving games, though, I love how Forza 5 looks, but won't be forking out for an X-bone just for that. Forza 4 will keep me happy enough. Not fair that PS3'ers can play the next gen driving game on their boxes, but 360 owners can't. Sigh. Anyway, Forza 4 is still "better" than GT6  ;)

Back to topic: I just started playing WoW again (peer pressure, friends are in other countries and it's a good way to be social and have fun together). Must admit that I'm hooked again. They've made some big improvements to the enjoyment of the game. Less grinding, more interesting environments, less complex talent builds. And a race I love, goblins.

The next expansion (Warlords of Draenor) will finally bring some updated character models and animations.

That's exactly what made me stop playing WoW : simplifications. WoW is still a mmo but they killed RPG after BC. Nowdays, all MMORPG are clones, nothing new, targeting 12 years old players. Only EVE online and few other old games like Ultima or EQ2 still deserve the RPG label IMO.
"Ne pas subir" - Devise de Saint-Cyr.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1811 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:02:27 »
Well, you can still roleplay. In fact, whenever I played a pen&paper RPG, the best sessions were when we ditched the ruleset and focused on interactions and storytelling.

Offline thesentinel

« Reply #1812 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 18:26:47 »
Is RotMG considered an MMORPG? If so, that's the best mmorpg ever
Keyboards are the only thing keeping me from consuming human flesh.

Offline kilogeek

« Reply #1813 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 12:49:16 »
After several hours of meditation, I finally discovered that the computer game I'm playing the most is facebook, forums, blogs...  ;D

Offline kilogeek

« Reply #1814 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 12:52:32 »
@thesentinel : what's your "omg wtf" satanic avatar ? Are you in a dark messia secret clan ?

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1815 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 14:35:03 »
Just started playing Crysis 3, X-Com, and Dragon Age Origins again.

Forgot how much I loved Dragon Age until I picked it back up.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1816 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 14:40:50 »
I used to play a lot of Battlefield, but all the bugs and other things wrong have kinda turned me away for now.

I mostly play Minecraft and Just Cause 2 multiplayer now. If you haven't checked out JC2MP I would definitely suggest it! Lots of fun and so many opportunities.

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #1817 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 11:50:16 »
I've been on a CS:GO kick lately

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1818 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 16:57:18 »
BACK TO STARCRAFT
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1819 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 20:55:14 »
BACK TO STARCRAFT

So KONUS.

Also, I've started playing Fez.  Lovely game, really glad I grabbed it.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1820 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 21:10:09 »
Im going to keep playing WoW until Elder Scrolls online comes out. Then play that for a bit, burn out, and go back to WoW.

Offline moonexe

« Reply #1821 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 23:13:45 »
I'll be giving SWTOR a try probably tomorrow.

G80-3000, MX brown           -           Filco Majestouch 2 HAKUA TKL+TK, MX brown, JIS Layout

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1822 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 22:52:03 »
Wolf among us episode 2.
Let's go!
 :llama:

« Last Edit: Tue, 04 February 2014, 22:55:11 by the1onewolf »

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #1823 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 22:01:54 »
Is wolf among us any good? I looked at it and it seemed interesting but i'm not really into buying games when they come out.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1824 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 22:06:55 »
Is wolf among us any good? I looked at it and it seemed interesting but i'm not really into buying games when they come out.

SPAMMM!!!!^^^^

jk

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1825 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 01:56:31 »
Still playing Path of Exile.

Anyone wanna play?

IGN: TWNTYTHREE, standard

I'll start the new league when it begins. For now, standard has been great for learning.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1826 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 03:03:13 »

It's pretty good!
I normally don't like this style and genre of game -I couldn't even muster through walking dead- but wolf among us is well done.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1827 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 06:25:09 »

It's pretty good!
I normally don't like this style and genre of game -I couldn't even muster through walking dead- but wolf among us is well done.

I'm feeling a bit of bias here...

Still playing BF4. Waiting for the shortcuts to come out.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline ianxblog

• no
« Reply #1828 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 07:56:39 »
Half-Life Deathmatch and Adrenaline Gamer (HLDM Based mod) lately..

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1829 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 08:01:02 »
Been playing lots of Call of Duty lately... mostly BO2 Zombies, with the occasional Ghosts (but Ghosts kinda sucks).  Only decent thing about Ghosts is Extinction IMO.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #1830 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 10:12:40 »

It's pretty good!

Awesome. I enjoyed the heck out of the walking dead. So i might need to look into picking it up.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1831 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 12:24:01 »

Playing ALOT of sc2 atm

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1832 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 16:58:06 »
Started playing deus ex: human revolution director's cut because I didn't play the play original human revolution.
Finished the first mission.
Realized I forgot about the hostages and I should have asked for a non lethal long range weapon at the start.
These vent placements also have these 90's era of obnoxious intuitiveness.
Time to restart later.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1833 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 07:36:41 »
Is RotMG considered an MMORPG? If so, that's the best mmorpg ever

Realm of the Mad God? if so yes that is a awesome game to play

On my side of playing games I mainly find my time on League of Legends most nights, started playing Natural Selection 2 which is super fun, even if I have no clue what I'm doing but it has bright lights so I'm entertained :p also started to play Spiral Knights because it look super cute and I want one :3

If you ever want to be friends (Because I always want friends, I want all the friends) you can add Fire_brand15 on steam or Pixelated on LoL Yay future friends :D
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #1834 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 05:37:22 »
Picked up Octodad before the weekend so me and my brother played some of that on roulette mode, very very fun.

Currently just playing CS:GO really, looking to start a new single player after getting through Tomb Raider, just not sure what to go for at the moment.
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #1835 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 08:03:17 »
CS:GO mostly. I've been playing CS since 1.6 (Albeit not as much back then)

Currently stuck in a rut at Gold Nova 3 due to a few silver friends that I play with regularly :(

Offline kod

« Reply #1836 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 10:46:54 »
Started playing deus ex: human revolution director's cut because I didn't play the play original human revolution.

You lucked out, it's a good game, but the boss fights in the original were annoying.  Supposedly directors cut fixes that issue.

Offline cooey

« Reply #1837 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 10:08:51 »
Starbound has been a lot of fun. I also like trying out various indie games. My favorites are Game Dev Tycoon, Cook Serve Delicious, and FTL.
And I'm looking forward to Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls next month.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1838 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 13:33:36 »
Still playing Path of Exile.

Anyone wanna play?

IGN: TWNTYTHREE, standard

I'll start the new league when it begins. For now, standard has been great for learning.

Temp quit for a bit, I'm coming back for Sacrifice of the Vaal.
I love Elzy

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1839 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 21:54:25 »
I am playing SWTOR now with an old roomate of mine from the service.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1840 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:48:58 »
I'm playing so much SMITE lately, really love the game, never expected to. also playing hearthstone from time to time but the meta keeps changing.

Offline antCB

« Reply #1841 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 12:49:19 »
Currently CS:GO and DotA2. when i'm bored of those I'll play some GTAIV or BF3
Steelseries 6GV2 ISO-PT with Gateron Blues.

Offline Norz

« Reply #1842 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 13:10:13 »
SC2 !

Trying to get into Dota2 but it's my first MOBA and man.. the metagame to absorb lol..

Offline archer

« Reply #1843 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 13:23:52 »
So many games.. TF2, WoW, LoL, Walking Dead, Shadowrun Returns, Wildstar (beta), CS:GO, Starbound

Offline antCB

« Reply #1844 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 13:45:44 »
SC2 !

Trying to get into Dota2 but it's my first MOBA and man.. the metagame to absorb lol..

moba's aren't that hard.. I've tried to get into SC2, and man, that is some game than needs (IMO) real work to get into (i mean, from the single player into the online mode there's like billions of things you need to cram into your head to be average :) ).

Map control and a balanced team(1 or 2 carries, 1 tank, 1 support 1 jungler or 2 supports. that's like 80% of the lineups) is what you need in DotA2!
Steelseries 6GV2 ISO-PT with Gateron Blues.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #1845 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 17:29:21 »

Picking Osu! back up after a long, long time of not playing.  Knowing my relationship with this game I'll end up quitting in a week again.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1846 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 01:29:24 »
SC2 !

moba's aren't that hard.. I've tried to get into SC2, and man, that is some game than needs (IMO) real work to get into (i mean, from the single player into the online mode there's like billions of things you need to cram into your head to be average :) ).

Map control and a balanced team(1 or 2 carries, 1 tank, 1 support 1 jungler or 2 supports. that's like 80% of the lineups) is what you need in DotA2!

You just need a team that doesn't suck haha.
Dota's actually quite difficult on a higher level with capt's mode - when you're not playing against pubs.
I think that's where more of the game's dynamics tend to shine.

Also nobody really plays as a jungler - that's just in pubs.
Its way too easy to gank and shut down a jungler. Dedicated junglers are practically free gold and kills.
Also two supports always.

I think you haven't played dota until you've actually found a good team that doesnt fail at trilaning (among other things) and rotates properly.

You lucked out, it's a good game, but the boss fights in the original were annoying.  Supposedly directors cut fixes that issue.

Just beat Barrett a few days ago. I can still see what you mean. They just added an extra room with turrets that you can hack or something.
Anyways, I didn't upgrade any of my combat augments (because I don't engage in direct combat) and I didn't upgrade my stealth augments either and I didn't choose the turret override augment ... so yea the boss battle felt very unnatural and stupid.

I actually crawled into a vent which led into another room. Turns out the only way out of this room is through that same vent because the door control actually has to be hacked from another terminal located on the second floor ... great because now I'm stuck with Barrett on the other side. Anyways, I just took pot shots at Barrett with my shotgun and he eventually killed himself with grenades.
Now I pretty much lost interest in this game again.
Some parts of this game just aren't coming together for me to bring out the Deus ex experience.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2014, 13:29:51 by the1onewolf »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1847 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 07:06:37 »
The only thing I play now is Terraria! If I'm home, I'm probably playing it.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1848 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 15:12:08 »
The only thing I play now is Terraria! If I'm home, I'm probably playing it.

We should set up a server for it.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline evolyn

« Reply #1849 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 15:42:22 »
eve online cheers
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ