Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 874022 times)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #2500 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 15:44:44 »
107 hours of Dragon Age: Inquisition already.  Just started another play through since I wasn't happy with how some of my decisions played through and I have that annoying party banter bug.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2501 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 16:06:32 »
Still playing dota 2... I went from having fun learning all the heros to raging at carrys because they make stupid builds that lose us team fights.

Had I only done like most people and played a carry from day one.

support4lyfe! PS can't wait for GTAV!!! Let's start a GH Mob!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2502 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 16:13:17 »
SWTOR: Shadow of Revan early access son!  :cool:
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2503 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 06:18:48 »
Ok so after living with a Vita and a 3DS for a while now, its kinda strange and super depressing how mobile gaming has gone me thinks.

Comparing the two is like comparing my PS3 to my PS2, the Vita is better looking, better made, is more powerful, has better online support, has more features and is in general just a nicer system to use over the 3DS. The 3DS really looks and feels like a generation behind the Vita, and thats whats really very sad about it. The 3DS has by far the better games, its not even close. The best games on the Vita are HD versions of PS2 games... like what the **** is going on?!
Its so sad going through the PSN store looking at all the games out there and all there are is creepy pedo style anime games for the Vita and creepy bathing suit costumes for children dlc packs... go on the 3DS's horrible store and you have a brand new Persona game AND a new Pokemon game! Two exclusive brand new games that are awesome, coming out in one week... the Vita has nothing like either of those two games and has been out for, two years now??

idk... anyway... brb playing pokemans

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2504 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 06:21:23 »
Ok so after living with a Vita and a 3DS for a while now, its kinda strange and super depressing how mobile gaming has gone me thinks.

Comparing the two is like comparing my PS3 to my PS2, the Vita is better looking, better made, is more powerful, has better online support, has more features and is in general just a nicer system to use over the 3DS. The 3DS really looks and feels like a generation behind the Vita, and thats whats really very sad about it. The 3DS has by far the better games, its not even close. The best games on the Vita are HD versions of PS2 games... like what the **** is going on?!
Its so sad going through the PSN store looking at all the games out there and all there are is creepy pedo style anime games for the Vita and creepy bathing suit costumes for children dlc packs... go on the 3DS's horrible store and you have a brand new Persona game AND a new Pokemon game! Two exclusive brand new games that are awesome, coming out in one week... the Vita has nothing like either of those two games and has been out for, two years now??

So.... u do realize.. the pedo thing is HUGE  in Jpan..  and the Gamers over there would say the exact opposite...

Jpan gam3r:  you go to the 3ds store, and there's like no loli stuff,  thank god for all the swimsuit dlcs on the PSN vita..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2505 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 06:25:34 »

So.... u do realize.. the pedo thing is HUGE  in Jpan..  and the Gamers over there would say the exact opposite...

Jpan gam3r:  you go to the 3ds store, and there's like no loli stuff,  thank god for all the swimsuit dlcs on the PSN vita..

That's not even true though... And even if it was, the market is bigger than Japan...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2506 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 06:28:57 »

That's not even true though... And even if it was, the market is bigger than Japan...

it's not true ?  so.. all that fan service pedo middle school girl stuff..  who's that for ? someone's buying it..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2507 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 06:38:54 »

it's not true ?  so.. all that fan service pedo middle school girl stuff..  who's that for ? someone's buying it..

There is a group of people living in Japan that are buying all the creepy pedo stuff, but that isn't the majority of Japanese gamers, it's just a small group, which is why those games and dlc packs are so expensive because they are a small group that will happily spend crazy amounts on the things they like and that are only made in Japan.

Idk it's just sad that the Vita has no good software that isn't an upscaled PS2 game...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2508 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 06:49:43 »

There is a group of people living in Japan that are buying all the creepy pedo stuff, but that isn't the majority of Japanese gamers, it's just a small group, which is why those games and dlc packs are so expensive because they are a small group that will happily spend crazy amounts on the things they like and that are only made in Japan.

Idk it's just sad that the Vita has no good software that isn't an upscaled PS2 game...

It can't possibly be a small group  when the loli stuff has seeped into nearly Every modern anime..

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #2509 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 10:28:28 »
T2K is one exclusive I'd love to play on Vita. There are a lot of indie game ports that I'd like to play as well.

At the moment I'm playing a lot of different things I got off Steam sales.

Runner 2: typical endless running game with a bit of music game dressing. Seems alright. I'm not a huge fan of these kind of things I just picked it up because it was €1.

Deadly Premonition: sort of Silent Hill mixed with Twin Peaks. Haven't played enough to really judge but it doesn't seem pretty amusing. I like the wacky animations. Been too long since I've played some Japanese shlock being a PC gamer since the PS2.

Dark Souls 2: Had a bit of a play around with this. Again, not really gone too in depth because I've got an 8 week old son! I really liked the first game though and this seems like a reasonable follow up. I just find it a bit annoying to play in short bursts.

Kerbal Space Program: Now THIS is my favourite impulse purchase so far this year. It's a rocket building and space exploration game. Steep learning curve so far but it's the most original thing I've played recently. Haven't scratched the surface of what you can do yet but I'm enjoying ****ing around trying to get things to work without watching a lot of youtube videos first and finding out the most sensible, efficient way to go about things. This reminds me a little of Star Flight which I loved back on the Sega Mega Drive. So cool to have free form space travel tackled this well.

Rise of the Triad: played through Duke Nukem 3D recently and wanted something in the same vein. Certainly scratches that itch. The graphics are pretty bog standard but it's got the old maze like level design, finding red keys to open red doors and fast movement speed I've been hankering for lately. It's a shame that the modern single player FPS games are so ****ing dull and we can't see them incorporate some of the classic game styles of yesteryear that made things a little less run from point A to point B enjoying scripted sequences on the way. Have the Shadow Warrior remake to try afterward, apparently more of the same.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2510 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 13:37:43 »
T2k?

Offline hehenri

« Reply #2511 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 15:50:25 »
CS:GO and BF 4..

If there is any people in west/north Europe, I tell me and I will come to play! :)

Offline TheAngelicWolf

• Location: I live in the isolated, deserted, bare land of Mars...I'm the only one here. I need help immediately.
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2512 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 16:46:08 »
I've been playing Neverwinter like a mad woman lately...it isn't half bad actually.

Like, Neverwinter Nights, the original game, or did something more recent come out?
Umm...if you search up Neverwinter on Steam or something like that, that's the one I'm talking about. So I guess the original  ;D
I thought signatures belonged on paper?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2513 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 17:02:43 »

It can't possibly be a small group  when the loli stuff has seeped into nearly Every modern anime..

Pedo and loli are two very different things... not that I know personally, but loli people are the same people who like Touhou and chibi stuff and most of them don't sexualize the lolis. It's all about the chibi factor. Kinda like how not all Bronys aren't neckbeard yiffing fur pervs. Pedos are just blatantly sick.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #2514 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 17:24:53 »
Still playing dota 2... I went from having fun learning all the heros to raging at carrys because they make stupid builds that lose us team fights.

Had I only done like most people and played a carry from day one.

support4lyfe! PS can't wait for GTAV!!! Let's start a GH Mob!

Shouldn't be any hard to transition to carry! I transitioned from carry to support easily, even though my main role is still carry.

I like playing support because it's fun lol

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2515 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 17:26:14 »

Pedo and loli are two very different things... not that I know personally, but loli people are the same people who like Touhou and chibi stuff and most of them don't sexualize the lolis. It's all about the chibi factor. Kinda like how not all Bronys aren't neckbeard yiffing fur pervs. Pedos are just blatantly sick.

No they are the same thing..

It's impossible to avoid cross stranding when you're into the chibi stuff..

The way your brain works prevent you from absolutely swearing off specific associations..

FOR EXAMPLE..

Say you have an anime poster with a chibi character.. on your wall behind your computer monitor

Sexual association is so strong,  that over time, if the user "walked his dog"  in front of said poster even while looking at other stuff on the screen..   he will STILL ASSOCIATE that chibi character behind the monitor with sex..

Now.. extrapolate this across all other stimulus that may involve Loli material , which an avid anime user /collector could not possibly hope to avoid...

That is to say..  if you're into anime, and do not grow out of it,   turning into a pedo is almost inevitable..

I'm not joking..   that is how sexual conditioning works.. 

The same mechanism is the driving force behind all other fetishes.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2516 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 17:38:14 »
Enjoying the new Pokemon, they added some cool new things, currently naming all my Pokemon chat show host names from around the world, adds so much more to the experiance!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2517 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 18:11:17 »

No they are the same thing..

It's impossible to avoid cross stranding when you're into the chibi stuff..

The way your brain works prevent you from absolutely swearing off specific associations..

FOR EXAMPLE..

Say you have an anime poster with a chibi character.. on your wall behind your computer monitor

Sexual association is so strong,  that over time, if the user "walked his dog"  in front of said poster even while looking at other stuff on the screen..   he will STILL ASSOCIATE that chibi character behind the monitor with sex..

Now.. extrapolate this across all other stimulus that may involve Loli material , which an avid anime user /collector could not possibly hope to avoid...

That is to say..  if you're into anime, and do not grow out of it,   turning into a pedo is almost inevitable..

I'm not joking..   that is how sexual conditioning works.. 

The same mechanism is the driving force behind all other fetishes.

OK Freud. Everything in the known universe is directly linked to sex  :rolleyes:

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #2518 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 21:42:23 »
Must you monsters build such enormous quote-nests? D:

Offline Usarise

« Reply #2519 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 21:52:15 »
Must you monsters build such enormous quote-nests? D:
Like birds, GH members understand the comfort of nests.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2520 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 22:40:31 »
Playing Inquisition.
Hating this interface and control so hard on my pc.

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #2521 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 01:40:56 »
Playing Inquisition.
My next purchase!!run into any problems playing so far?
ALi
Filco MJ2 TKL MX Browns | KC60 Gateron Browns

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2522 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 01:52:34 »
Playing Inquisition.

Really?  I see so many posts about people hating on the interface and controls.  I actually kind of like them. :confused:  Definitely in the minority here, I guess. 

I've run into the party banter bug which really sucks.  I even started a new game because of it but I still have it.  The game definitely has some bugs but I still love the **** out of it.

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #2523 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 02:03:14 »
Playing Inquisition.

Really?  I see so many posts about people hating on the interface and controls.  I actually kind of like them. :confused:  Definitely in the minority here, I guess. 

I've run into the party banter bug which really sucks.  I even started a new game because of it but I still have it.  The game definitely has some bugs but I still love the **** out of it.
Doesn't seem to bad... but i could see it affecting gameplay...i've always like the banter between party members in the previous DA installments.
Update: Uninstalled AC Unity. The first AC game I've uninstalled without completing....not as exciting as the others...and going to restart Shadow of Mordor...
ALi
Filco MJ2 TKL MX Browns | KC60 Gateron Browns

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #2524 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 02:51:19 »
I installed Wakfu a few days ago, but I haven't even finished the tutorial world yet.
Other than that, I generally play GB/GBA/NDS roms.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #2525 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 14:48:09 »
TL:DR people - come play Chivalry with me, add me on steam (atronusthemighty)

So yesterday a co-worker and I had to decide who was writing up the email today for a validation report (we're QA)

I challenged him to a duel in Chivalry (best 2 out of 3, loser has to write up the validation report)

Last night's duel was SO FUN. We joined an official dueling server and went at it while on a Skype call. We yelled and laughed so hard, man oh man. And now I don't have to write up a long tedious email today  :cool:

If anyone ever wants to play Chivalry hit me up. I freaking love it and can't recommend it enough. So much fun. Dueling 1v1, or any other game type is fine by me.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2526 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 18:35:12 »
I thought I'd start playing AoE2 again. This time the HD version from Steam though… No luck, it's still as bad as on the day of release. I haven't even tried to get into multiplayer with its ridiculous lag. The game has problems just running. I've started it on three occasions: at first, I had invisible fonts, white screen in-game (had to disable some effects) and piss-poor performance; then everything suddenly worked almost flawlessly (only scrolling wasn't perfectly smooth, and I encountered several new bugs in AI), and I managed to play a map or two; now I'm getting invisible fonts and terribad performance again (and the only fix I've found is "reboot or wait a few days, and maybe it'll fix itself"). Screw it. I'm going back to the original box w/ user patch.

Offline AFKfapping

« Reply #2527 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 02:45:08 »
League of legends! add me AFKfapping

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2528 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 04:45:30 »
Well, I just got the credit roll for Pokemon Omega Ruby.

Idk maybe I should have waited till the next proper Pokemon title, after playing White, some of White 2 and then X I'm feeling kinda meh to the Pokemon formula. Maybe I just burnt out on it, idk.
For what it's worth I think that the structure of 'OR' is much better than that of X. The way you progress makes a lot more sense and has a better flow to it. The legendary Pokemon fight and build up is pretty cool and even now I know there are things to do, where as in X it was just vauge uninteresting side quests and the pretty full grind of 'gotta catch em all'.
Technically this is the weakest Pokemon game I've played, constant frame rate issues just in battle, and it gets even worse when you try and view some of the game in 3D, which is really pretty appalling given that this is the biggest 3DS game from Nintendo this year.
Though I'm glad they ditched the horrible '3D' city camera thing from X & Y as that was truly awful.

Overall the changes and updates they made to this version of Pokemon is pretty cool, though I wish it was longer and harder, I didn't do any real grinding and one-shotted all but 2 or 3 of all of the elite fours Pokemon. Let alone gym trainers.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #2529 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 08:23:36 »
I've never played anything past silver on the gameboy color.  (Beat yellow not silver).  How different are the new games?. Also I really wish they would re-release red blue and yellow with the only things that change are the graohics and maybe an option for the original or updated sound.  I would be all over that.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2530 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 08:36:44 »
I've never played anything past silver on the gameboy color.  (Beat yellow not silver).  How different are the new games?. Also I really wish they would re-release red blue and yellow with the only things that change are the graohics and maybe an option for the original or updated sound.  I would be all over that.

They did didn't they?
Yeah it's pretty good tbf. If you have a 3DS and have taken a long break from the series I think it's probably the best version to jump into with a lot less confusing random **** that was in X and Y. It also has a lot fewer Pokemon to start you off with, which helps you get adjusted to the generation of Pokemon, unlike X and Y which seem to throw like a million different generations of Pokemon at you at once and assume you know them all

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #2531 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 13:10:15 »
Anyone ever play Heroes of Might and Magic III? I just saw Ubisoft is releasing an updated (graphically) version sometime early 2015.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2532 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 13:13:20 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2533 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 13:52:25 »
I've been playing Hearthstone on my iPad Mini :D
But I have it on my computer as well. Pretty fun esp with GvG just being released.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2534 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 14:37:12 »
I got some enjoyment out of hearthstone for sure. I'm excited for overwatch, though. I want to see if it shapes up as an esport.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline blogpop

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #2535 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 00:38:44 »
Just recently picked up Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn.
It took some thought after playing the original release, but it was well worth it. It's the first MMO since WoW that I've been able to play for more than a week.  ;)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2536 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 00:41:08 »
Almost done with Shadow of Mordor.

Most addicting game I've played in a long time.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #2537 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 10:02:46 »

They did didn't they?
Yeah it's pretty good tbf. If you have a 3DS and have taken a long break from the series I think it's probably the best version to jump into with a lot less confusing random **** that was in X and Y. It also has a lot fewer Pokemon to start you off with, which helps you get adjusted to the generation of Pokemon, unlike X and Y which seem to throw like a million different generations of Pokemon at you at once and assume you know them all

My first step would be to Get a 3DS.  All my money seems to keep getting tied up in home improvement projects or keyboards lol.  Maybe for my birthday as I want to relive one of my favorite childhood games, 21st century style.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2538 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 10:11:05 »

They did didn't they?

My first step would be to Get a 3DS.  All my money seems to keep getting tied up in home improvement projects or keyboards lol.  Maybe for my birthday as I want to relive one of my favorite childhood games, 21st century style.

play the DS pokemon on emulator..

As a geezer.. I put in the pokemon into my college days ds for about 20 minutes.. and developed a kink in my neck..

Yea.. no way I'm siting through hours of this..

Offline PocoLoco

« Reply #2539 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 10:25:58 »
I mostly play League of legends on Euw name is Poço Loco. I recently started to play the commandos trilogy from the start old but an amazing game. And when i have a need to explore i go play some skyrim other than that nothing

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2540 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 11:49:32 »
CoD free weekend means I play CoD all weekend.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2541 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 15:28:21 »

I just bought it. :3 it was on sale. heh.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2542 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 20:58:25 »

Welcome to my life.

I didn't buy this iteration of CoD, though. Not a huge fan. Don't like the feel of it.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2543 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 21:55:32 »

Welcome to my life.

I didn't buy this iteration of CoD, though. Not a huge fan. Don't like the feel of it.

Hah yeah. The suits are pretty OP. The smart grenade is another hilarious thing. Well I got my friend to purchase it as a gift as the region he is at is my home country where the exchange rate is cheaper compared to pounds. :D So no biggie. My fav CoD series will still always be CoD Modern Warfare.  ;D

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2544 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 01:18:11 »
Any one play pso2 here?

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #2545 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 01:45:40 »
Phantasy Star Online, Episode 2?

HUneweral, please. ;D

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2546 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 13:31:23 »
Phantasy Star Online, Episode 2?
Show Image

HUneweral, please. ;D
:))  HUneweral doesn't work any more

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #2547 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 23:07:48 »
Just started to play battlefield bad company 2 again.  Best fps I've played.  Any love for it anymore?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2548 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 00:43:21 »
Just started to play battlefield bad company 2 again.  Best fps I've played.  Any love for it anymore?

I've always found the battlefield series to be too much running around.. not enough killing..

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2549 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 00:47:46 »

I've always found the battlefield series to be too much running around.. not enough killing..

:)) I have to agree with this