Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 874071 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #2600 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 20:58:13 »
how's planetary annihilation, any one playing it?    it's $5 right now.. I'm tempted.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2601 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 22:36:27 »
how's planetary annihilation, any one playing it?    it's $5 right now.. I'm tempted.

Its not really a complete game by any means.
A lot of the mechanics are a bit lacking.
I don't recommend getting it even at 5 dollars.
You can kinda read up on the "controversy" online.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2602 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 07:18:42 »
…and play with SpringRTS in the meantime.

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #2603 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:20:06 »
I've jumped back into DayZ and they haven't really added that much in the 6 month gap I've given it. One truck, more survival gaming aspects but it is still painfully short on zombie numbers, I'd rather they put more time into that than bow & arrow physics.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #2604 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:44:14 »
I've jumped back into DayZ and they haven't really added that much in the 6 month gap I've given it. One truck, more survival gaming aspects but it is still painfully short on zombie numbers, I'd rather they put more time into that than bow & arrow physics.

I've given it a 6 month or so breather too. One truck is significant progress if you ask me.. I stopped playing because running for half an hour to meet up with someone repeatedly isn't  much fun. It's a fun game, but I think I'll wait on it some more.

My main games lately have been Civ: Beyond Earth, Diablo 3, and STALKER:COP. I also love Metro, but I've gotten a bit bored as I've beaten both games four times now.

One more STALKER game as good as COP is still my dream. It'll  never happen though. :(

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #2605 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 08:39:59 »

I've given it a 6 month or so breather too. One truck is significant progress if you ask me.. I stopped playing because running for half an hour to meet up with someone repeatedly isn't  much fun. It's a fun game, but I think I'll wait on it some more.

I think it might be worth waiting until release, a truck might sound like a big leap but you compare that to the ambitions of the project, or to the mod as it was over a year ago, you're still reaching an effective end game in no time. It is still in alpha but considering how long it has been in development and they plan to release on the PS4 in Q3 of this year I just don't know how they are going to deliver. I hope they do.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #2606 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 09:44:13 »

I think it might be worth waiting until release, a truck might sound like a big leap but you compare that to the ambitions of the project, or to the mod as it was over a year ago, you're still reaching an effective end game in no time. It is still in alpha but considering how long it has been in development and they plan to release on the PS4 in Q3 of this year I just don't know how they are going to deliver. I hope they do.

I meant it's a big leap forward towards the progress of fun (all the walking drove me nuts after awhile), I agree the development has been reallyyy slow. One truck and bows and arrows isn't that exciting to be honest.  :))

I hope they can pull it together too. It really is a fun game, the multiplayer interactions are great.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2607 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 19:30:48 »

Its not really a complete game by any means.
A lot of the mechanics are a bit lacking.
I don't recommend getting it even at 5 dollars.
You can kinda read up on the "controversy" online.

It seems like there are maybe around 5000 people who has played it.. out of the $2.2 million kick starter.. that's like paying $50 for a $440 game..  hahahaha... and it turns out to some what sux0rz..  wtf man..

People should wise up and stop kickstarting games.. this is bull****.. they got the money, and now they go and do a half-ass job... because hell, where's the incentive.. sigh... Humans...

Offline csnickba

• Gateron fanboy and topre lover.
« Reply #2608 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 09:05:27 »
I only play CSGO (ESEA specifically), it's an addiction.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #2609 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 07:14:54 »
I just recently started to wind down in my (most recent) tf2 binge, though I still play it occasionally. I did a run of terraria that took about a week, at this point I just have to farm all the nice guns and finish a Terra blade. Also I finally decided to get all my mods set up for new Vegas again so I have fo3/nv out together again thanks to ttw. It's stupid because I have like 250 games on steam but I just alternate through these (broke 950 hours in tf2 right before I stopped it).
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2610 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 09:25:28 »

coz i can never has irl :*(

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2611 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 11:05:22 »
Gonna mod GTA V to death when Rockstar finally releases for PC it in 2025
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2612 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 11:08:32 »
Gonna mod GTA V to death when Rockstar finally releases for PC it in 2025

SoonTM:(

Offline Grill3dCh33z

« Reply #2613 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 12:01:38 »
I play tons of games!

Civilization 5, League of Legends, Smite, Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, DotA 2, Metro: Last Night, Space Station 13, Payday 2, Nosgoth, Stranded Deep, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Borderlands 2 and The Pre Sequel, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Arma 3 (Mostly breaking point mod), Team Fortress 2, Warframe.

The list keeps going but I figured you didn't need to know my whole list ;)

Offline animated

• uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Reply #2614 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:16:27 »
I play Hero of the storm and World of Warcraft, if any GHers need help, my group always looking for more for Heroic Raids  ;D 7/7h -Alliance US
Das Browns, Filco Reds, Filco Blues, Leopold FC750R Reds, B.87 and B.Pad Gateron Blacks 65G Korean Springs, Varmillo VA87MR Gateron Blacks w/ Aluminum Case

Offline hking0036

« Reply #2615 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 19:53:02 »
I play tons of games!

Civilization 5, League of Legends, Smite, Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, DotA 2, Metro: Last Night, Space Station 13, Payday 2, Nosgoth, Stranded Deep, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Borderlands 2 and The Pre Sequel, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Arma 3 (Mostly breaking point mod), Team Fortress 2, Warframe.

DotA 2

whats ur mmr kid
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2616 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:02:09 »
Been playing through GTA San Andreas. I didn't really realize exactly how far GTA games have come in the short time since that was released. The characters and story move along about the same pace as all GTA games and develop accordingly, but the city seems so lifeless in comparison to 4 and 5. Still, to think they were able to fit something this size into a PS2 game is impressive for it's time, so they likely sacrificed density for size. Thank goodness we live in an age now where size limitations are near meaningless.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2617 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:04:43 »
Been playing a lot of Hearthstone and No Time To Explain. And just finished LISA last week. Holy **** that game was good.

Offline Grill3dCh33z

« Reply #2618 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:12:04 »
I play tons of games!

DotA 2

whats ur mmr kid

Oh man I'm not even level 10 yet. I recently started getting into DotA after playing League a lot.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2619 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 22:09:23 »

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2620 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 09:14:36 »
i don't see how nasa's gonna play on their linux boxes..

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2621 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 17:22:08 »
IvanIvanovich looks at Witcher 3 specs and shrugs as is all set with hex core Xeon cpu, 16gb ram... and soon to have gtx970 to replace gtx670. Saw this **** coming, and minimum specs like that will come more often in the next years.

I'm starting on Life Is Strange. Looked interesting, though I was pretty hesitant to pick up something episodic since I've been burned by those a few times when they decide never to finish them.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #2622 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 17:36:08 »
I play tons of games!

DotA 2

whats ur mmr kid

Oh man I'm not even level 10 yet. I recently started getting into DotA after playing League a lot.
Ahh, ok. Sounds like fun. I'm rusty af right now so we might could play together sometime

Offline TheO-RingGuys

• Hey, my name is Fernand and I sell o-rings. B)
« Reply #2623 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 13:33:36 »
Anyone here play Shootmania?

It's a pretty fast paced FPS and VERY competitive. The movement system kind of reminds me of Quake, and all the games are super fast.

Offline csnickba

• Gateron fanboy and topre lover.
« Reply #2624 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 15:15:46 »
Anyone here play Shootmania?

It's a pretty fast paced FPS and VERY competitive. The movement system kind of reminds me of Quake, and all the games are super fast.
I've heard of it, I know a couple of people over at KBMOD have talked about it before. Also another fun Quake type game you might like is Reflex, which is fairly new, but I'm not quite sure how big the community is since I last played.

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #2625 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 15:23:12 »

I'm probably going to regret this.
Any tips for a newb?
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline Grill3dCh33z

« Reply #2626 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 20:50:23 »
Show Image

Any tips for a newb?

We can newb it up together.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #2627 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:55:38 »
Show Image

Any tips for a newb?
Try supports first and learn to deny a lot. Also I'd say skip the Limited Hero Pool queue unless you have to go into it, it gets full of people with hundreds of hours trying to farm wins. you can check out dotabuff for item and skill builds as well as clicking the book in the top left when you get into a game for a guide. Remember to get wards, but don't constantly choke on them like everyone says you should. You can find a map of ward spots easily on google. Learn what you're up against and what you're playing as and it's fairly easy to get going. It's scary how I know a heroes skills just by looking at them ._.

Also my MMR is still TBD b/c I only played 2 calibration games, hehehehe

Also if anyone wants to start up a TF2 or Dota team, we should work on that. Could be fun.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 February 2015, 22:03:34 by hking0036 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2628 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 10:39:02 »
I tried Turbo Dismount the other day. I wouldn't buy it, but for free it was definitely a fun way to mess around for a little bit
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #2629 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 11:11:14 »
I was thinking about getting grim fandango remastered. Has anyone played it?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2630 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 13:42:22 »

Been playing it on the Vita and it's pretty great!

Offline hking0036

« Reply #2631 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:08:01 »

Been playing it on the Vita and it's pretty great!
Oh yeah the Vita is a thing. I ought to break mine out sometime (or sell it, I barely touch the thing these days).

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2632 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:18:28 »
Show Image

Here is the best zonda r.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2633 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:42:10 »
Show Image

Just an unpainted R?
The best road legal Zonda is Lewis Hamilton's... Or the revolution edition, though I dislike the blue colour...

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2634 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:46:00 »
Show Image

Just an unpainted R?
The best road legal Zonda is Lewis Hamilton's... Or the revolution edition, though I dislike the blue colour...
I said zonda r, and yes, it's just so clean :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2635 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:16:28 »
Meh lol I don't think the R is as good looking as the road version and prefer it painted :ap

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2636 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 16:03:18 »
Installing STALKER SoC right now, never played it before. Really looking forward to it. Getting the basic recommended mods like ZRP.

Will report back after my mind has been blown.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2637 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 17:46:52 »
Installing STALKER SoC right now, never played it before. Really looking forward to it. Getting the basic recommended mods like ZRP.

It's like if Fallout took place in Russia.... wait.

It's like Russia.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2638 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 18:01:03 »

It's like if Fallout took place in Russia.... wait.

It's like Russia.

Offline ThankYouMrSkeltal

« Reply #2639 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 20:38:58 »
89792-0

I play a lot of different games, but mostly Dota 2. I have a surprisingly low amount of hours even though I've played for 3 years, so that's good I guess  ^-^  MMR is only about 3k (#trenchlyfeayy) because I only played my 10 calibrating games then never touched it; I kind of hate playing the game solo. I spend more time watching then playing. I finally got to go to a TI last year at TI4, and can't wait for TI5! Also really hyped for DAC

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #2640 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 21:03:19 »
(Attachment Link)
I play a lot of different games, but mostly Dota 2. I have a surprisingly low amount of hours even though I've played for 3 years, so that's good I guess  ^-^  MMR is only about 3k (#trenchlyfeayy) because I only played my 10 calibrating games then never touched it; I kind of hate playing the game solo. I spend more time watching then playing. I finally got to go to a TI last year at TI4, and can't wait for TI5! Also really hyped for DAC

Got a full set of those little asian boy cards you get in-game?

Offline swathe

« Reply #2641 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 21:05:04 »
I only game casually now but I love the Trials series of games ( Trial motorcycle obstacle courses ) they are very addictive but kill my RSI hard lol

I've always wanted to get into Eve but just don't have the time.
DAS Professional MX Blue
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Edition MX Blue

Linux + Emacs

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2642 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 22:21:09 »
I started Grim Fandango, I have needed a walk through though, I am not very intuitive to this game for some reason.

Offline Sanity

« Reply #2643 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 11:46:14 »
I played a ton of Path of Exile before my gaming desktop went to ****. Now that I have a laptop, I've been relegated to trying Hearthstone. I managed to get to three stars away from legend in my second month, but I'm so burnt out on that game that I can't even boot it up - a first for any game I've ever played. I really just want to build a new computer (also a first), so I can finally start playing PoE again.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2644 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 01:20:21 »
Got a ton of games that I want to finish at the moment! In the last week I've bought Grim Fandango, The Talos Principle and The Swapper. Also need to start working my way through The Longest Journey that I backed on Kickstarter but I think I'll wait for more episodes to come out before I get too far into it.

Talos principle seems pretty awesome so far. Only a couple of hours in but I can already tell it's my kind of game. Nice being able to just pick it up for half an hour or an hour at a time and actually make some progress, I don't have huge chunks of time to dedicate to gaming so this sort of game is perfect for me. Going to start playing some CS:GO soon as well, just waiting on work to upgrade my laptop because my gaming PC at home is really only set up for couch gaming at the moment.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2645 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 02:13:59 »
I started Grim Fandango, I have needed a walk through though, I am not very intuitive to this game for some reason.

Idk I've managed to get a bit of the way in and only needed a couple of hints. Though I will admit I'm now a little confused with what I'm suppose to be doing lol

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2646 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 11:45:52 »
Playing through Akumajo Dracula aka Castlevania Chronicles. Such a great game, full of secrets and surprises and it's hard as ****! Love it.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #2647 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 19:14:43 »
If anyone plays L4D2 hit me up on steam.  Steam Profile:  Touch_It

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Extrasmossy

« Reply #2648 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 19:30:10 »
CS:GO and H1Z1 are my go to's atm

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus