Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873998 times)

Offline Weltschmerz

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3500 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 09:04:05 »
Found out that my new internet can allow me to play TF2 without skip lagging again, so I've been playing that. Also been playing Terraria while listening to the Drunken Peasants Podcast. Sprinkle in some Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth and some Crypt of the Necrodancer here and there and those are the games I play. If anyone is down to play TF2 or L4D with me just let me know c: need more friends to play those games with for sure!

Offline kolyz

« Reply #3501 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 09:12:02 »
I've been playing a lot of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth + Afterbirth recently.

Right on, I have been too. Been trying to play Keeper but from what I can tell, he's a pile of horse****. Giving a three way shot and one heart of health does not make him balanced. Also I swear I get the worst items all the time as him. I'll reroll stuff like, the bean, the poop, or really any item that is a garbage starting item over and over. I've only been able to beat boss rush and moms heart as him. Basically that game becomes straight grinding and tearing your hair out after a certain point...
The keeper is the only character I have left to unlock, but from what I've heard he's totally **** to play with. I think my greed donation machine is at around 450 coins at the moment. I'm trying to unlock the "a bandage" achievement at the moment and it's driving me crazy. I've been trying to do it using Lilith but I haven't even crossed one ball of bandage yet.

Offline Weltschmerz

« Reply #3502 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 09:18:21 »

Right on, I have been too. Been trying to play Keeper but from what I can tell, he's a pile of horse****. Giving a three way shot and one heart of health does not make him balanced. Also I swear I get the worst items all the time as him. I'll reroll stuff like, the bean, the poop, or really any item that is a garbage starting item over and over. I've only been able to beat boss rush and moms heart as him. Basically that game becomes straight grinding and tearing your hair out after a certain point...
The keeper is the only character I have left to unlock, but from what I've heard he's totally **** to play with. I think my greed donation machine is at around 450 coins at the moment. I'm trying to unlock the "a bandage" achievement at the moment and it's driving me crazy. I've been trying to do it using Lilith but I haven't even crossed one ball of bandage yet.

You mean the bandage boy one? Fun fact: I have yet to unlock that one and the meatboy one, even though I've done it before (Been playing the original since it came out, and the second one, guess it didn't transfer my save from when I had it pirated) so I've been playing for at least 1000 hours. I can guarantee you the Keeper is pure, unadulterated torture. At least the lost can unlock the Holy Mantle and can fly. That's an advantage. Keeper is just slow, boring, has negative luck, and dies when you cough on him. Doesn't matter how good you are and if you have Swallowed Penny or not, you will get diddled on.

Offline kolyz

« Reply #3503 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 09:21:12 »

You mean the bandage boy one? Fun fact: I have yet to unlock that one and the meatboy one, even though I've done it before (Been playing the original since it came out, and the second one, guess it didn't transfer my save from when I had it pirated) so I've been playing for at least 1000 hours. I can guarantee you the Keeper is pure, unadulterated torture. At least the lost can unlock the Holy Mantle and can fly. That's an advantage. Keeper is just slow, boring, has negative luck, and dies when you cough on him. Doesn't matter how good you are and if you have Swallowed Penny or not, you will get diddled on.
Wow the keeper sounds like torture, maybe best to keep him locked for now lol! Yeah bandage girl, im a bit of an achievement junky so this is the only reason why I am attempting this madness.

Offline Weltschmerz

« Reply #3504 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 10:15:31 »

Wow the keeper sounds like torture, maybe best to keep him locked for now lol! Yeah bandage girl, im a bit of an achievement junky so this is the only reason why I am attempting this madness.
Oh yeah imagine my pain doing The Lost pre Holy Mantle. Also, if you don't know about Crypt of the Necrodancer, check it out. Then, after you understand how the game works, look up "Aria", as a character. One hit kill, and I've gotten all the way to the Golden Lute as her. I'm a masochist when it comes to video games  ;D  :-[

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #3505 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:41:30 »
Superhot was released today! Superfun! I'm playing through it right now and it's definitely one of the more interesting concepts for a game. Once you play through the same level a couple times and memorize where the baddies are coming from you can get some really cool looking replays :cool:

I can see this benefiting from a level editor. Steam workshop would be pretty awesome with it.
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3506 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:55:24 »
Geometry Wars *pew pew*

Offline Marizen

« Reply #3507 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 12:53:28 »
I've picked up LoL because a few people I work with also play it. I don't know how long this is going to last though. I like playing when I'm on my lunch break and we're all sitting together playing, but at home in solo queue I get bored after one or two games. And since the whole game is PvP, and I don't enjoy it enough to play a lot and become good at it, it's going to get really frustrating.

I really wish Destiny was on PC. I loved that game for the couple months I had an Xbox. I might get another one, but in order to do that I'd have to sell my desktop. I have a decent laptop with an AMD A10, 16GB RAM, and Toshiba SSD. That can play games pretty well. I was able to run Skyrim around 30FPS consistently on High. But that was at 720p with no graphics mods. I don't think I can go back to that after playing on my desktop where I can run pretty much anything, completely maxed out, at 60FPS on 1080p.

I started WoW right after Wrath of the Lich King. I think that was before you could purchase a max level toon. Can people start the game with a max level character now? I don't have the patience to grind but I also am apprehensive of starting a game at max level. I suspect that I would feel I am cheating myself of an experience.

If you pre-order Legion I believe you get a free level 100. It might only be the deluxe edition though ($70 I think).

Other then that, you can't just start the game with a 100 every time. You'd have to buy the character boost ($60).

That's one reason I'm so bored of it. I like playing through the new expansion a couple times to explore everything, and doing each raid once or twice to learn the story, but after that all I care about is endgame PvP. I had 11 level 90's in MoP (3 were boosted), 4 of which I've leveled to 100 in Draenor. I'm just so tired of leveling. I have a 100 Lock, two Druids, and a Priest. I want to get my Pally to 100 but I'm just so tired of grinding through levels. I'll go back and revisit old content occasionally for nostalgic reasons, but I don't have the patience or the time to sit and grind out 20 levels a day.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3508 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 14:58:31 »
Been playing Path of Exile a lot more lately.  I know I mentioned it earlier in this thread but there is a new expansion dropping in about a week so anyone is on the fence, now is a good time to get in :)
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline goodforwhatailsyou

« Reply #3509 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 21:00:47 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 09:22:34 by goodforwhatailsyou »

Offline ploooopp

• My personal text wouldn't fit. This will do.
« Reply #3510 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 21:20:16 »
Since this week is basically the swedish equivelent of "spring break" I've been playing Super Hot, Black ops 3 and Final Fantasy 14 A realm Reborn!
So... I can put anything here?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3511 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 10:27:56 »
I've been playing Naval Action lately. Super fun

-Dana

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3512 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 11:01:57 »
Since this week is basically the swedish equivelent of "spring break" I've been playing Super Hot, Black ops 3 and Final Fantasy 14 A realm Reborn!

How come you're not partying with all the swedish female supermodels..

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3513 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 18:53:42 »
Put in a couple hours into factorio this week

Would recommend

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #3514 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 19:24:04 »
I got back into Red Orchestra 2 these past few days. There's something so satisfying about playing an FPS where you die from one shot.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline MassdropAlex

« Reply #3515 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 12:09:11 »
Little late, but played/finished Undertale last week. Great game, fantastic soundtrack. Definitely recommend if you've been on the fence about it.

Offline Vectrex720

• Hidey ho
« Reply #3516 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 13:54:59 »
Little late, but played/finished Undertale last week. Great game, fantastic soundtrack. Definitely recommend if you've been on the fence about it.
It is a great game indeed. People should check it out. +1 for soundtrack as well.

Northgate Omnikey 102 (x3) | IBM Model M | IBM Pingmaster

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3517 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 16:07:15 »
It feels like skull I'm playing now is mindless Minecraft.  I think I'm spent when I get home, so mindless peaceful strip mining is relaxing.  All I'm doing is strip mining and hoarding, building only when I need a place to hoard more stuff.

Offline G-Dubs

« Reply #3518 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 16:54:45 »
I just got a bunch of my old Id/Raven FPS games moved over to source ports. Quake 2 is still as fun as ever.
KUL ES-87 MX Red || KBP V60 Matias Linear || KBP V60 Matias Quiet Click || Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Black || Leopold FC210P MX Black

Offline Khuya

« Reply #3519 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 17:19:55 »
used to put every $$ earned into games, but now the only game I play is free.  Dota 2.  More $$ for keys.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3520 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 17:20:45 »
used to put every $$ earned into games, but now the only game I play is free.  Dota 2.  More $$ for keys.

Get over to the Dota thread!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3521 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 17:01:30 »
Just finished Aquaria. I made a mistake, when I disregarded it in the second location or so few years ago. It's an excellent (but often underrated) game though; the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam don't lie. The middle "half" of the game (roughly 10-15 hours) is awesome, if you like just chilling out, roaming around and enjoying the atmosphere.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #3522 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 17:11:15 »
Cannot wait to get my hands on DOOM.  I splurged on a GTX 980 for this. :eek:

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3523 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 19:32:27 »
Darkest Dungeon, it's pretty fun until the light of RNGesus is taken away from you.

Did that one for a little while, and it's really good.  But lately, it's been The Elder Scrolls Online, and for some reason Age of Conan again.  And some Ghost in the Shell on the side.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3524 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 21:50:43 »
After days of watching Division videos, I finally decided to see what this game is all about.

Anyone else playing?
Please feed my addiction.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3525 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 22:43:42 »
After days of watching Division videos, I finally decided to see what this game is all about.

Anyone else playing?

Just decided to get this today.  With the sales, I figured it wasn't going over 20% off for a while, so I might as well bite while I have the % off.  Just installed... getting ready to fire it up now.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3526 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 09:49:54 »
Just got Stardew Valley gifted by a friend, guess I'll see what the hype is about.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tullyvivi

« Reply #3527 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 12:50:12 »
Heartstone is pretty casual. Looking forward to star citizen, although, pc may need an upgrade...

Offline kolyz

« Reply #3528 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 14:24:27 »
Just got Stardew Valley gifted by a friend, guess I'll see what the hype is about.

I've only put in about 10 hours into Stardew Valley but let me tell you, its an amazing game!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3529 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 20:41:38 »

I've only put in about 10 hours into Stardew Valley but let me tell you, its an amazing game!

I refunded stardew valley to get factorio

GET FACTORIO

Offline W_hinklebottom

« Reply #3530 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 19:32:27 »
If anyone plays Rainbow 6 Siege let me know and we can squad up. Random Queue is hit or miss to say the least.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #3531 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 04:11:07 »
Mostly into RPG's honestly but i switch it up quite a bit.

Just Finished: The Witcher 3
Now playing: Dragon Age Inquisition
Disappointed by: The Division
Looking Forward to: Overwatch
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3532 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 05:18:22 »
DOTO2 4 LYFE

Offline Kronos32

• If you don't have time, make time.
« Reply #3533 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 07:21:48 »
I've been stuck palying lots and lots of Hearthstone lately, although I've promised myself not to spend a single dime on the game.
So far, I've got a pretty reasonable ammount of cards and all of the adventures unlocked, but it only took me about 6 months in total to get here...

Other than that, Rocket League!
The game is so addicting and fun when you play it with friends, would strongly recommend!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3534 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 00:03:29 »
Mostly into RPG's honestly but i switch it up quite a bit.

Just Finished: The Witcher 3
Now playing: Dragon Age Inquisition
Disappointed by: The Division
Looking Forward to: Overwatch

you gotta start modding then! i'm still playing skyrim simply because i keep adding more stuff from nexusmods.
-Dana

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #3535 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 01:07:13 »
Team Fortress 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4 (best two games in the series, not counting 1 - 2.

Offline awakened

« Reply #3536 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 05:09:38 »
Dota 2 : GEM TD arcade mode has destroyed my social life. Its really hard & a lot of rng involved. why am I addicted to rng xD? I also play hearthstone, I run some 1 turn killdecks for the lols. Dabbled in Hots & SC2 but it got boring fast.

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
  • I specialize in bird law.
« Reply #3537 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:30:46 »
I've finally gotten my SMFC back in CSGO. Looking forward to losing it again over the next few days.

Been playing a fair bit of The Division with some buds also, if anyone wants to play sometime let me know!
Hi, what's your favorite color?
I'm making keycaps, take a look if you give a damn.
Sale Thread

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #3538 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 18:14:20 »
Been getting back into MGS

Must fulton more stuff

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #3539 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 19:13:35 »
Been getting back into MGS

Must fulton more stuff

I still need to play MGS5 been in my Steam library forever still have not started it yet.  Literally have been through a GPU/RAM upgrade since i bought it and still have not played it yet.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline kolyz

« Reply #3540 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 20:36:18 »
I'm looking for a good space sim. I used to play Eve Online but it became too intense and after a long break I'm looking into Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, and No Man's Land. Can't figure out which one I want to try though!

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #3541 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 21:23:39 »
I'm looking for a good space sim. I used to play Eve Online but it became too intense and after a long break I'm looking into Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, and No Man's Land. Can't figure out which one I want to try though!
Same here, I tried Elite but I didn't like it at all coming from EVE.
I'm pretty pumped for No Man's Sky though.

Screw it, I might just re-sub to EVE...
Sale Thread

Offline kolyz

« Reply #3542 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 01:04:13 »

Im thinking about it too, but really hesitating haha. I might try star citizen!

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #3543 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 03:03:08 »
I can't crouch with my pinky finger using the Model M in TF2, cramps up. serious first world problems.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #3544 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 04:08:15 »

Make sure you have one hell of a beefy right for Star Citizen last time i tried the game(Approx a month ago) with an i5/GTX 970 and 16GB of ram running on an SSD it ran like utter dog**** even on low settings like not even 30 FPS never mind anything higher.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #3545 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 04:47:01 »

Make sure you have one hell of a beefy right for Star Citizen last time i tried the game(Approx a month ago) with an i5/GTX 970 and 16GB of ram running on an SSD it ran like utter dog**** even on low settings like not even 30 FPS never mind anything higher.
I'm staying away from SC until it's a finished product. The whole thing is beyond ambitious and I'm done biting on early access titles no matter how much potential they have.

I used one of my PLEX and got 30 days back in EVE. Not sure if I'll stick around but boy it feels good to be flying my Cynabal again.
Sale Thread

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #3546 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 14:06:33 »
Used to play HON, League, Dota2 a lot more but only recently I've moved to HOTS (Heroes of the Storm) since a bunch of my friends got into it after realizing it was much simpler than the previous games.

Also I dabble a little bit in ESO (takes too much time now, just log on to do a provisioner quest and get hireling loot), and I'm trying to play through Fallout 4 but can't seem to bring myself to do it now.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3547 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 14:12:17 »
Cannot wait to get my hands on DOOM.  I splurged on a GTX 980 for this. :eek:

Yea, can't wait for Doom!

G2A has the Steam pre-order key for $38

Offline kolyz

« Reply #3548 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 17:04:37 »

Yeah I read that somewhere just this morning and decided to hold off on Star Citizen. Maybe I'll just wait until No Man's Land comes out and give that a try.

Offline kolyz

« Reply #3549 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 17:06:35 »

I'm staying away from SC until it's a finished product. The whole thing is beyond ambitious and I'm done biting on early access titles no matter how much potential they have.

I used one of my PLEX and got 30 days back in EVE. Not sure if I'll stick around but boy it feels good to be flying my Cynabal again.

It's been over a year since I left, I think if I go back I'll definitely look into faction warfare. I don't want to do too much planning and pvp in null sec involved too much planning and alot of waiting around for fleets. (and getting popped right away because I was in a frig or cruiser sucks as well haha)