Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 874026 times)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3750 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:02:10 »
I finally picked up South Park Stick of Truth last night.  All installed and ready to go, looking forward to giving it a go. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3751 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 23:11:06 »
Playing through Resident Evil 4 for the first time. Everyone always raves about it and guess what, it's actually really quite good. About 10 hours in so far - just into the castle area a little. The level design and atmosphere are great, but I wouldn't call it a scary game since the monsters are either very human looking or just outlandish and silly, but don't let that detract from the solid game play. I downloaded a fan created HD texture pack for the first half of the game that makes the village look gorgeous, turning PS2 graphics into PS3 graphics. I only really have two qualms with the game, one being this seems to mark the spot in time RE started becoming less survival horror and more of a straight action game, but some residual aspects from previous titles still linger making the game more tense than RE 5 and 6 for sure which just devolved into a **** covered mess of a zombie shooter action game. And the second thing is the god awful camera angle. I understand from a design perspective why the camera is so close to Leon and pointed at a fixed angle to the ground. They do it to restrict the player's view and not allow free camera movement so you are just seeing the smaller portion of the screen they want you to, but almost half the screen is ground and Leon's back. If they just panned up a little bit...

BUT it is still a fantastically designed game with some fun b-horror plot points and memorable well designed areas and boss fights. Gonna have to hold me over until RE7 comes out  ^-^

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3752 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 02:39:49 »
Started a playthrough of Fallout 4 just now, been trying to add some special effects to it but it just makes the game seem really weird and stupid. Does anyone know of any good mods to enhance the graphics on that game a bit? Running on a pretty damn old engine.
Beyond that really enjoying the game thus far, I made my character look hella stupid.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3753 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 06:13:32 »
I finally picked up South Park Stick of Truth last night.  All installed and ready to go, looking forward to giving it a go.

That was definitely a fun game. A little simple and short but it held true to the show in appearance and the sorry line. If you like the show, you'll definitely like the game.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3754 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 03:44:41 »
Got Witcher 3 during the steam sale yesterday. Play it on the second easiest setting and died fighting my first mobs... I might need to get used to this a little bit and learn to dodge :p
pls gief bbv2

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3755 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 04:07:40 »
Well Juri is coming out Friday for SFV so naturally I purchased SFV.

EDIT: I lied Juri isn't until later :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2016, 19:52:45 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3756 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 04:49:30 »
Salt & Sanctuary is on steam now! :eek:  SUH-WEET.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3757 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 21:36:14 »
Hearts of Iron IV is super fun.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #3758 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 23:25:47 »
Been trying to beat Nuclear Throne.... but I just got started on Enter The Gungeon. Love rouge likes  ^-^

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3759 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 23:31:39 »
Been trying to beat Nuclear Throne.... but I just got started on Enter The Gungeon. Love rouge likes  ^-^
There are some really great ones out there now.
I just suck at rogue-like games.

CRAWL is fun, just not against NPC's :/

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3760 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 02:35:01 »

I wanna play Nuclear Throne so bad but the damn thing never goes on sale!

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #3761 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 02:35:48 »
Path of Exile at the moment!
Prophecy league.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3762 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 12:33:26 »
Path of Exile at the moment!
Prophecy league.

Hey, I play PoE too sometimes :)
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline duhhey

« Reply #3763 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 19:16:26 »
League of legends

Offline Purp

• Banned
  • the colour, not the weed
« Reply #3764 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 19:25:56 »
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition, the visuals are simply incredible and playing on a 34" monitor is amazing. Everything looks so sharp, the levels and characters look fantastic and it's very immersive, the soundtrack is also top notch. Definitely recommend if you like visuals and soft gameplay.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3765 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 19:52:54 »
Well Juri is coming out Friday for SFV so naturally I purchased SFV.

EDIT: I lied Juri isn't until later :(

jk i got scammed
I love Elzy

Offline Lord of Narwhals

• You can call me NaLo
    • A selection of posts chosen with care, prior to remembering your indifference to them.
« Reply #3767 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 05:20:48 »
I want to play the System Shock Pre-Alpha demo but my laptop can't handle it and I don't have access to my desktop until next Saturday  :(
In the end.. the keyboard's most grand form of existence is as an ethereal bridge between man and machine..    Each depression of the keys, evanescent.. Our transitory thoughts crashing into the web, carving canyons through the internet wasteland such that life may once again flourish..
HHKB Pro 2 Poker II [MX Red]

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3768 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 05:41:49 »
I'm attempting to give WoW another try but Debian and Wine are an odd couple, and I think my video driver links are out of wack. SOON™ ^-^

Edit - That's not going to happen during this lifetime. #windowsforgaming
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 July 2016, 10:12:40 by csmertx »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3769 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 07:21:52 »
I want to play the System Shock Pre-Alpha demo but my laptop can't handle it and I don't have access to my desktop until next Saturday  :(

That looks pretty good! I'm definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the link bruh

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #3770 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 11:52:06 »
Been playing XCOM and Warframe alot latley

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #3771 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 14:57:55 »
Warframe is fun, but I get discouraged with the pay $$$ to win aspect.  It's understandable, as the game itself is free but it doesn't change how I feel.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3772 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 15:33:47 »

I'm confused myself as to why they want to bring back system shock..

It wasn't very fun imho,  the gameplay wasn't intuitive and very slow, like a 3D dungeon crawler with arbitrary bolt on puzzle elements..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3773 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 16:32:28 »
I played some Strife recently and I was kind of surprised at how playable it is. It definitely has that theme park hand holding type tutorial and finding matches probably takes forever but the bot play is fun for 30-60min here and there.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3774 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 17:21:40 »
Really got into Witcher 3 today. Holy ****ing **** that game is SO good.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Purp

• Banned
« Reply #3775 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 17:30:27 »
Every once in a while I do some Broforce runs and I never seem to get tired of the game. The heroes are very neat, the gameplay is fun and they recently introduced new heroes in a very neat update. They update the game pretty frequently actually, but this time they released one right before the game went on sale. It's available on Steam and I definitely recommend it for the price they're asking.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3776 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 17:35:41 »
Really got into Witcher 3 today. Holy ****ing **** that game is SO good.

I know right! If you like a game with a good grind, you'll enjoy it.

Offline Zenossian

« Reply #3777 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 17:39:49 »
Civ 5, Minecraft, R6 Siege,

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3778 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 17:45:27 »
Every once in a while I do some Broforce runs and I never seem to get tired of the game. The heroes are very neat, the gameplay is fun and they recently introduced new heroes in a very neat update. They update the game pretty frequently actually, but this time they released one right before the game went on sale. It's available on Steam and I definitely recommend it for the price they're asking.
I'd have to agree. Broforce is awesome.
Not the longest game, but there are a couple hours of fun in there to be had. And it's one of those games you can easily play again.
Just checked it's -60% right now which is just insane.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3779 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 18:32:03 »
Been playing Valdis Story. It's a great and difficult Metroidvania style exploration-centric 2D action platformer. Feels like a cross between Symphony Of the Night and Mega Man X with a dash of Skies of Arcadia.

Offline Purp

• Banned
« Reply #3780 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 18:58:04 »
I'd have to agree. Broforce is awesome.
Not the longest game, but there are a couple hours of fun in there to be had. And it's one of those games you can easily play again.
Just checked it's -60% right now which is just insane.

Yeah it's a great price for such a nice little game. Devolver Digital is a fantastic publisher, the guys were behind the Hotline Miami series (a masterpiece) and Broforce as well. The hero that I find myself most confortable playing with is the Brocketeer he's a total badass.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #3781 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 00:12:59 »
* PC Battlefront (yeah I know)

* Overwatch because it's mindless

* Was going to get back into EVE, but the last 6-9 months have not been kind to my space-club and I don't want to live in LoSec and actually pay for the game

* D3 again.  Haven't played in a bit.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3782 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 00:25:11 »
Going to be playing some Necropolis - looks so fantastic.
I need my friends to get it too for that sweet co-op action. :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3783 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 16:59:26 »
Necropolis does look interesting and fun. Not a fan of co-op games though, curious to see how it stands as a single-player experience.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3784 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 01:38:08 »
Necropolis does look interesting and fun. Not a fan of co-op games though, curious to see how it stands as a single-player experience.
I've talked to a couple of people who don't enjoy Co-Op and they still love the game as a standalone. It's really challenging. Speaking of which it just finished downloading for me!  :thumb:

Offline speedtechlights

• speedtechlights.com
« Reply #3785 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 05:39:53 »
Currently I'm playing witcher 3 both DLC's and middle earth shadow of mordor great games!

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #3786 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 15:35:14 »
I'd like to highly recommend the puzzle game Hook on Steam. It's only 0.99 and it's got great aesthetics with clever/rewarding puzzles. It's short but well worth it.

I'm slowly trying to filter thru my unplayed Steam library so after doing this I'd like to finally 100% the Witness then move on to Dropsy and Master Spy.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3787 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 22:42:01 »
I'd like to highly recommend the puzzle game Hook on Steam. It's only 0.99 and it's got great aesthetics with clever/rewarding puzzles. It's short but well worth it.

I'm slowly trying to filter thru my unplayed Steam library so after doing this I'd like to finally 100% the Witness then move on to Dropsy and Master Spy.

If you like puzzle games, you should definitely check out The Talos Principle. It goes on pretty good steam sales once in a while.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3788 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 18:03:12 »

If you like puzzle games, you should definitely check out The Talos Principle. It goes on pretty good steam sales once in a while.

Talos Principle is a great puzzle game. Reminded me of Portal crossed with Myst. It was a little long, but that can also be a good thing.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3789 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 20:39:23 »

Talos Principle is a great puzzle game. Reminded me of Portal crossed with Myst. It was a little long, but that can also be a good thing.

Definitely agree with you about hints of Portal. Never played Myst though =/

Offline 1337speak

« Reply #3790 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 19:14:23 »
I still play CS 1.6, CSS, TF2, RCT, Starcraft and Half Life... Attached to the classics.
MORE PINK AND PURPLE KEYCAPS AND KEYSETS!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3791 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 19:24:39 »
Dabbling with some DOS games lately. A little bit of Wolfenstein 3D, Heretic, Star Wars Dark Forces, Quake: Hypnotic Mod, even some Lost Eden :) <3 Abandonware

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3792 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 21:26:55 »
Dabbling with some DOS games lately. A little bit of Wolfenstein 3D, Heretic, Star Wars Dark Forces, Quake: Hypnotic Mod, even some Lost Eden :) <3 Abandonware

Yeah, Lost Eden! One of the only titles I actually owned when I was a kid.
I played it through twice: once when I was a kid and again as an adult. It's not that great a game, but the atmosphere and music are phenomenal.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3793 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 21:36:54 »

Yeah, Lost Eden! One of the only titles I actually owned when I was a kid.
I played it through twice: once when I was a kid and again as an adult. It's not that great a game, but the atmosphere and music are phenomenal.

Haha, today I actually found the first game I played in DOS. Flippy's Circus Coins :p I wasn't coordinated enough to play Kingdom Of Kroz so I played that weird circus game instead

The music of Lost Eden has been stuck in my head for days

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #3794 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 11:17:38 »

Are you using an emulator?  I had several floppy disks full of custom doom wad files (levels, weapon mods, etc) that became unreadable so I lost them.  I still have a few compact discs with custom maps (picked up in stores).  I thought about breaking them out, but I don't know if I want to go that far just to be disappointed (after being spoiled with high end graphics games for so long).

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3795 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 11:43:34 »

Are you using an emulator?  I had several floppy disks full of custom doom wad files (levels, weapon mods, etc) that became unreadable so I lost them.  I still have a few compact discs with custom maps (picked up in stores).  I thought about breaking them out, but I don't know if I want to go that far just to be disappointed (after being spoiled with high end graphics games for so long).
If you can get past the graphics the nostalgia trip will usually be pretty awesome.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3796 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 12:00:38 »

Yea it's actually really easy to setup if you use a Windows or Linux box (idk about OSX). Check out the Darkplaces engine, that thing is amazing! It'll run all your Quake 1 content from a Window 7-10 OS or Linux distro, and it will run the updated models/textures if you're interested in that sort of thing. I think I owned Level Master V and Aftershock but I probably lost those in a move at some point. Some of my roommates had sticky fingers, unfortunately. The new textures/models on max are too much for my passive cooled XFX AMD 1GB card; but you'll no doubt be able to play everything on full tilt with that monster rig you're talking about.

If you hate new fangled graphics in your pristine game you could probably run it all through Dosbox - the DOS emulator.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3797 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 12:07:26 »
Back on dat Civ V thang, gotta get ready for the new one!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3798 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 16:29:51 »

They do have the Ultimate collection on Steam, not the exact same trip as playing on OG floppys but the game is the same and optimized for modern systems. Doom II is still fun as ever-livin' Hell!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3799 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 16:49:48 »

They do have the Ultimate collection on Steam, not the exact same trip as playing on OG floppys but the game is the same and optimized for modern systems. Doom II is still fun as ever-livin' Hell!

Oh hell, you said Doom wad files. I saw wad files and blanked out for a minute whoops :-[ Yea if you want to emulate it runs just fine in DOSBox

142756-0