Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 874087 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #3950 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 20:51:18 »
Actually been playing a lot of this Simpsons game on PS3. Just bought it on a whim, I'm a sucker for Simpsons ****. It's got almost an hour of new animation, the plot is written by the show writers, and is voiced by the tv cast. Sure the show's gone downhill in recent years but this game's a nice nostalgic diversion.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3951 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 20:59:07 »
Keep going back to Darkplaces. I need to get shrunk.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3952 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 20:59:09 »
I CAN NOT STOP PLAYING DIABLO 2!

Are you guys buying direct from blizz shop or is there a cheaper place?

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3953 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 21:06:40 »

I have bought it so many times that I can't remember haha I bought it a long time ago, I bought the battle chest, and I bought it digitally.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3954 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 05:14:07 »

So, it seems like D2 and D2:LoD cost $10 each. I certainly didn't pay that much for my copy; I have a 4CD box w/ D2&D2:LoD (platinum edition), which was like €15 shipped? I think.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #3955 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 05:24:58 »

I have bought it so many times that I can't remember haha I bought it a long time ago, I bought the battle chest, and I bought it digitally.

Can't you use the original cd key to activate it on a blizzard account?
Biking is fun.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling

Offline sems

« Reply #3957 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 13:39:10 »
Just started Skyrim!

Offline albinosquid

« Reply #3958 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 18:19:06 »
Path of Exile just released a new expansion.  It's a free to play arpg similar to diablo 2.  It's a lot of fun.  I also play overwatch and hearthstone

+1m For Path of Exile, I'm coming up on 4k hours played and if anyone is a fan of old arpgs like Diablo 2 then you should really try it out.

Its a true successor to Diablo 2 and is really the best arpg right now (or ever). While it is very complex and has a steep learning curve for all the mechanics it is well worth it.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #3959 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 08:56:30 »
I'm Playing about 8 minutes of every mobile game on the android market before I uninstall them..

It's kinda fun... but the pattern seems clear...... Ads, or ridiculously lengthy grind.....    Freemium suxx...
Try Downwell, it's $2 and a solid mobile game. Also on steam.
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #3960 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 18:51:10 »
Welp, big blizzard coming in tomorrow and I'll have the day off from work. Debating whether to reinstall either Fallout 2 + Restoration Pack, or Metro Last Light. Decisions, decisions...

Offline Altis

« Reply #3961 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 22:36:30 »
Anyone have any good recommendations for a tank game?

Been looking at World of Tanks and War Thunder... both free-to-play but cost-to-win, from what I can tell, though I don't know much about them.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3962 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 04:13:59 »
SteelPanthers is a different kind of a tank game, but awesome anyway. Some releases are freeware.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3963 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 12:42:33 »

My kid gets to play this math game for school.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #3964 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 13:22:12 »
Currently playing Zelda on my Nintendo Switch, CS: GO and a bigger variety of other PC games, such as Overwatch, The Binding of Isaac and Borderlands Co-op.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3965 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 17:03:25 »
With The Ringed City DLC looming I've finally decided to pick up the Dark Souls 3 Season pass.

Gonna take a long weekend next week and go through both DLCs back-to-back as I haven't played either yet and am super excited to get into DS3 once again.

maybe I'll even try to kill the Nameless King a few hundred more times.... :blank:

Damn, just realized next weekend is also when the new Diablo 3 season starts. Well this is gonna be a busy month. Sometimes it's nice to have no life outside of work  ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 March 2017, 17:05:23 by noisyturtle »

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3966 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 18:05:46 »
Da Witcher finally, and I wanna start playing rocket league again.

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #3967 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 21:11:16 »

What do you think of the witcher so far? (I presume #3?) Do you think it lives up to all the hype and critical acclaim?

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #3968 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 21:14:17 »

What do you think of the witcher so far? (I presume #3?) Do you think it lives up to all the hype and critical acclaim?

If this is the Witcher 3, you're in for a real treat. That is in the running for greatest game I've ever played. Just can't shake the nostalgia of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3969 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 22:28:55 »
I've been messing around a little with cities skylines.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3970 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 22:33:00 »

If this is the Witcher 3, you're in for a real treat. That is in the running for greatest game I've ever played. Just can't shake the nostalgia of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker.

I recently started playing this and I have already burnt out. Is the crafting system detrimental to the game? I have not crafted and that could be why I am not enjoying it as much.

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #3971 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 22:41:23 »

I recently started playing this and I have already burnt out. Is the crafting system detrimental to the game? I have not crafted and that could be why I am not enjoying it as much.

Crafting is definitely worthwhile because your potions & bombs replenish every time you rest. In other RPGs, I find myself hoarding consumables for some future battle that never comes, but in the Witcher, you are encouraged to use them on a regular basis since they always refill for free. You just have to craft it once to "learn" the recipe, and they add some nice variety to combat.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3972 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 23:26:11 »

Yeah I really enjoyed it too, definitely in my list of top games.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3973 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 00:07:57 »

I really like it but it takes a lot of time if you wanna complete everything.   The whole battle preparation thing took some getting used to but I enjoy role playing

Offline m3ll3n

« Reply #3974 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:33:06 »
i'm a hearthstone nerd  :thumb:

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #3975 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 22:11:05 »
Factorio... 70 hours in the last couple of weeks and I can't stop  :confused:

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #3976 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 21:23:00 »
I really love playing Planetary Annihilation, Total Annihilation, Subnautica , and Portal Knight ; all when I have the time of course :)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3977 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 21:55:45 »
All this talk about Witcher 3 and I think I need to go back to playing. Fantastic game!

On another note, a time play Don't Starve?

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #3978 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 22:20:58 »
All this talk about Witcher 3 and I think I need to go back to playing. Fantastic game!

On another note, a time play Don't Starve?

Withcer 3 again. Do it.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #3979 on: Tue, 28 March 2017, 23:12:53 »
Just got Killing Floor 2 on the sale after playing a few hours in the Free Weekend. :))
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3980 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 00:50:24 »
Been playing Ghost Recon Wildlands with friends lately.
It's really fun, I just can't go back to playing with that godawful AI after playing with friends.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3981 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 06:54:51 »
Just got Killing Floor 2 on the sale after playing a few hours in the Free Weekend. :))

Love that game. I flip back to it every so often and play a few rounds as gunslinger.

What's your favorite gun mode?

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #3982 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 13:08:03 »
Just picked up Old Blood, gonna play through that and then go on to New Order.

Also hoping to get an Alpha key for Tooth and Tail, this cool RTS Isometrical hero game, pretty fun stuff. Its like warcraft meets redwall.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3983 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 20:28:59 »
The new Dark Souls 3 DLC is super difficult and I'm getting my butt sliced off and handed to me over and over and I nearly broke a controller from raging so hard.

I ****ing love Dark Souls.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #3984 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 23:17:45 »

Love that game. I flip back to it every so often and play a few rounds as gunslinger.

Demolitionist and Sharpshooter :D
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3985 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 21:55:28 »

Demolitionist and Sharpshooter :D

Ahh, I played a bit on demolitionist but the game is a bit too fast paced for me to enjoy sharp shooter.

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #3986 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 17:35:25 »

anybody here into Life is Strange? I'm on episode 3 and it's sooooo good. I'm looking forward to this studio's next project (Vampyr) even though it's an entirely different genre.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3987 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 08:21:28 »
I uninstalled Civ VI after dumping some time into it.  Civ V just seems so good, maybe when VI has an expansion/patch or two things will even up.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3988 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 15:46:24 »
I uninstalled Civ VI after dumping some time into it.  Civ V just seems so good, maybe when VI has an expansion/patch or two things will even up.

Agreed. After installing and playing Civ VI for a weekend, it just made me reinstall Civ V and play that.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3989 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 16:25:02 »

Agreed. After installing and playing Civ VI for a weekend, it just made me reinstall Civ V and play that.

I don't know exactly what it is about VI either.  It's definitely better than Beyond Earth was at release but I feel like the pacing and changes to tiles is off-putting to me, but probably just because I am so used to V and it's pace/gameplay.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3990 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 16:35:54 »

I don't know exactly what it is about VI either.  It's definitely better than Beyond Earth was at release but I feel like the pacing and changes to tiles is off-putting to me, but probably just because I am so used to V and it's pace/gameplay.

I feel like it's too streamlined or dumbed down, if that makes any sense. And the new mechanics the tried to wedge in feel tedious and needless in the broad spectrum of your goals.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3991 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 17:18:17 »

I feel like it's too streamlined or dumbed down, if that makes any sense. And the new mechanics the tried to wedge in feel tedious and needless in the broad spectrum of your goals.

That's every spreadsheet simulator , EVER.. hahhahaha

164573-0

Offline northpark

« Reply #3992 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 00:46:41 »
Put about 96 hrs into Fallout 4.  Currently on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S Battlegrounds.  Quick action king of the hill gameplay.

Offline robertdane101

• This time will pass.
    • Memory Expert
« Reply #3993 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 01:27:41 »
Stronghold Crusaders.
That is the first game that I played online with friends.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3994 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 03:29:41 »
Put about 96 hrs into Fallout 4.  Currently on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S Battlegrounds.  Quick action king of the hill gameplay.
Can't decide whether to buy this or not.
I played a lot of King of the Hill and kind of enjoyed it. I hear this is better because it's made by the guy who basically invented battle royales.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3995 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 04:16:21 »

164827-0

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #3996 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 09:37:10 »
Been playing the **** out of Tooth and Tail, the new game from the creators of Monaco. Its like Warcraft meets Pikmin, set in Bolshevik-era Redwall. Really fun combat and map options.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3997 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 13:41:45 »
Been playing the **** out of Tooth and Tail, the new game from the creators of Monaco. Its like Warcraft meets Pikmin, set in Bolshevik-era Redwall. Really fun combat and map options.

is this like those books with the mouse on the covers.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3998 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 19:15:00 »

is this like those books with the mouse on the covers.

Like Maus? Have you read Maus?

Looks more like Redwall meets Warcraft

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #3999 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 21:24:45 »
Right now I've been playing a lot of Doom 1 and 2. I'm trying to finish Doom 2 on Ultra-Violence now :D
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear