Author Topic: Has anyone heard of a mouse called "Commatech Fkmini V3"?  (Read 13065 times)

Offline dante

Has anyone heard of a mouse called "Commatech Fkmini V3"?
« on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 12:30:18 »
I've read they are cut from the same cloth as the Zowie Mico and Logitech Optical Mini.  However finding more info seems impossible - not sure if the company is still around?  I can't find any reviews on it.

The only place to purchase these from is TaoBao/China.

The company website is down but I got this info:

Performance parameters:
16-bit wide data path
With 24 individual click positions wheel
Game level Ultraslick super-smooth mouse pad foot super slide
No need to install the driver.
Image processing: 5.8 million pixels / sec
Adjustable sampling data rate: 125/500Hz
Adjustable DPI :450-1800-3500dpi
60-120 inches per second tracking speed / 20g acceleration
5,000,000 Long life micro switch
Dimensions: 104.38 x 60.02 x 30.04 mm (Lx of Wx H)
Weight: 65g
1.8m to protect wire
Omron switches

« Last Edit: Tue, 30 December 2014, 12:38:29 by dante »

Offline munch

• !
Re: Has anyone heard of a mouse called "Commatech Fkmini V3"?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 15:15:08 »
sensor does sound a bit like the one in the deathadder 3.5G with those DPI settings, but it's hard to tell of course. 3m/sec max tracking speed is a little low for it though no?still good, but not sure.

how much are these? I'd like a mico replacement, since mine has a broken scroll wheel, and the sensor is a little funny.

Offline dante

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 15:20:01 »
Someone on Overclock says it has a A3090.

The mouse runs around $25USD on TaoBao.

If there is enough interest maybe we can do a group buy for these?

Offline dante

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 15:29:04 »
Yep

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 15:42:56 »
very nice. 1000 dpi is perfect for me too, if that is the setting rather than 450 :p

I'd be down for 1 if you do a group buy! :)

Offline Johan

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:04:23 »
Looks identical too a mini optical. I found a thread from a chinese forum, It seems to also go by "commatech M1"
http://www.pcwaishe.cn/thread-394195-1-1.html
Uh, stuff.

Offline dante

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:06:45 »
very nice. 1000 dpi is perfect for me too, if that is the setting rather than 450 :p

I'd be down for 1 if you do a group buy! :)

I'm reaching out to a few folks in China that might know more about the quality of these.  Seems very cheap for a mouse with these components - but perhaps they aren't dropping stacks of cash on advertisers in China either.

I just got into computer mice so I'm trying to snatch up a few hard to find models before they are gone for good.

Offline dante

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:11:58 »
Looks identical too a mini optical. I found a thread from a chinese forum, It seems to also go by "commatech M1"
http://www.pcwaishe.cn/thread-394195-1-1.html

Didn't really get a whole lot out of that thread other than going on and on about the ladybug design.

As a side note - I saw this in the thread - a Chinese specific Filco "TK"?

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:14:35 »

Yes, but with Anglesnapping SROM.

Probably just 900 given out as "1000", 1000 makes no sense from a technical standpoint.

Offline dante

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:16:26 »

Yes, but with Anglesnapping SROM.

Is this a good thing?  (Anglesnapping SROM)

Offline Johan

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:18:17 »
I found a two more threads, seem to be reviews, unfortunately my Chinese is very limited. They might be of an older model as they have the 450-1800 steps only.
http://www.pcwaishe.cn/thread-407525-1-1.html
http://www.pcwaishe.cn/thread-410126-1-1.html
Uh, stuff.

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:18:51 »
Is this a good thing?  (Anglesnapping SROM)

Depends, do you know what Anglesnapping is? If not, just google it lots of explanations out there, or you might already know it as "prediction" or "drift control".

Offline Johan

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 16:34:33 »
If you see people make lines in paint when testing a mouse/sensor they're trying to see how much angle-snapping there is. If the line is straight then there is anglesnapping, not a big deal unless you play fps games.
Uh, stuff.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 20:39:31 »
I don't like prediction... :( if it has that, I might not actually be interested. I just assumed 3090's didn't come with that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 17:01:50 »
I don't understand why ya'll are running around looking for these obscure things.. when you can just buy mices that are readily available..

Just to save $20 you're gonna run around like a headless chicken for hours reading unrealiable info ?

sheesh..

Offline dante

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 19:19:56 »
I don't understand why ya'll are running around looking for these obscure things.. when you can just buy mices that are readily available..

Just to save $20 you're gonna run around like a headless chicken for hours reading unrealiable info ?

sheesh..

Show Image

Offline Johan

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 22:49:28 »

sheesh..

Show Image

I just want a 800 dpi mini optical :( 
Uh, stuff.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 03:03:10 »

sheesh..

Show Image

Some people have $250000 a year jobs coding some important stuff, and some people spend their days filpping burgers at minimum wage. Saving $20 is worth it for some people because it means 100 burgers less flipped.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 09:04:48 »

sheesh..

Show Image

Some people have $250000 a year jobs coding some important stuff, and some people spend their days filpping burgers at minimum wage. Saving $20 is worth it for some people because it means 100 burgers less flipped.
Time is money, or so they say.

Offline dante

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 16:39:02 »
Its got nothing to do with running around for obscure things - fact is - if you want something like a Zowie Mico you are going to have to dig.

I found some Mico's still for sale on Taobao (still waiting on qtan) - but also want to try these FkMini3's out too.

Have no idea what Zowie is going to do with the Mico.  I sent out some emails to see if they are bringing it back / cancelling it / etc ... and NOTHING!

Not sure if the office is still out on Holiday Vaca.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:22:06 »
For most of these things I will never take that additional risk.

Being able to read the language makes no difference. Much of the time I have no idea what that bunch of characters means because the writer is semiliterate in Chinese anyway and a terrible writer in general and untrained in the specifics of whatever he is supposed to be selling.
Chinese shops are terrible with descriptions. Most of the time they employ very poorly paid peasants, so what do you expect? As honest and well intentioned as they may be, they can't do as good a job as well paid professionals in one of the big gaming companies.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:24:26 by berserkfan »
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline "Edgar Allen Pho is Dead."

• formerly known as anoose
  • Member Since '11
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 15:29:46 »
i am very interested in these. are you still looking to do a group buy? I am willing to purchase more than 1. let me know

Offline dante

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 17:01:34 »
i am very interested in these. are you still looking to do a group buy? I am willing to purchase more than 1. let me know

We are not looking to do a group buy.  Waiting on qtan to get pricing/shipping/etc...

You can follow the thread here.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 19:30:20 »
was it confirmed about prediction in these yet?

Offline dante

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 19:41:03 »
was it confirmed about prediction in these yet?

Yes, but I'm still buying one anyway.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 20:44:36 »
and there was no way of disabling it? :(

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 23:45:35 »

Nope, but you might want to take a look at this one with A3050.http://pcwaishe.cn/article-11245-1.html

Unfortunately standard cpi steps are only 1000, 1750 and the interpolated crap, i havent read through the article so i dont lnow if there is any software or something, its also not available as of yet.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 00:19:57 »

Nope, but you might want to take a look at this one with A3050.http://pcwaishe.cn/article-11245-1.html

Unfortunately standard cpi steps are only 1000, 1750 and the interpolated crap, i havent read through the article so i dont lnow if there is any software or something, its also not available as of yet.

I figured. oh well. always too good to be true...

I really don't know anything about the A3050. care to educate me on it? :p
not in a hurry, so it might be interesting for me when it's out.
1000cpi would be fine with me!

thanks.

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 00:38:49 »

It is currently the weakest and cheapest Sensor Pixart offers, buffed up version of the A5050, jitters above 1000cpi and is heavily surface dependent when it comes to malfunction speed, altough it has no Variance, Anglesnapping or smoothing(because frankly there is not enough power for it), adjustable from 250-2000cpi in 250 steps, i personally prefer PAW3305 with 0.5x Lense over it, but at the end of the day A3050 doesnt impact my performance in a way that i would say i cannot use it, i would also take PAW3305 or A3050 over a badly made A3090. To draw an analogy, A3050 would be a tractor, A3090 a SUV, 3310/3988 a Hummer H1 and 3366 a Monster Truck.

Edit: And it also gets replaced by 3320 soon.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 13:44:22 »

It is currently the weakest and cheapest Sensor Pixart offers, buffed up version of the A5050, jitters above 1000cpi and is heavily surface dependent when it comes to malfunction speed, altough it has no Variance, Anglesnapping or smoothing(because frankly there is not enough power for it), adjustable from 250-2000cpi in 250 steps, i personally prefer PAW3305 with 0.5x Lense over it, but at the end of the day A3050 doesnt impact my performance in a way that i would say i cannot use it, i would also take PAW3305 or A3050 over a badly made A3090. To draw an analogy, A3050 would be a tractor, A3090 a SUV, 3310/3988 a Hummer H1 and 3366 a Monster Truck.

Edit: And it also gets replaced by 3320 soon.

ahh. very interesting. I was thinking of getting a mousepad along with this one too, for laptop use, so I'm not sure what surface I'd use it on.
I'm very sensitive to jittery mice though, even if I play with a pretty mid-low sensitivity (35cm / 360) I just can't stand when it's actually noticeable.
I have no idea how bad it is though, and I am sure there are other people way more sensitive than I am.
I also need around 2.5m/s max tracking, but it seems this one can do it with the right surface? maybe not for portable use though... I don't really plan to play FPS on the laptop much though.

if it's getting replaced by the 3320 (which I was told, by Skylit on OCN, is a budget 3310?) maybe I should wait for that, since it really is no hurry at the moment.
maybe. very hard decision! :p

thank you very much for the info! I hope there's more where that came from, you seem very knowledgeable! :)

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 18:07:47 »
(which I was told, by Skylit on OCN, is a budget 3310?)

He didnt state that it is a "budget 3310", when he is saying stuff like "technical downgrade" and so on it just means that the sensor is overall weaker, 3320 is public AM010, few changes tho.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 22:49:11 »
(which I was told, by Skylit on OCN, is a budget 3310?)

He didnt state that it is a "budget 3310", when he is saying stuff like "technical downgrade" and so on it just means that the sensor is overall weaker, 3320 is public AM010, few changes tho.

ahh right, then I misunderstood. I figured it would be a straight downgrade of the 3310, but similar design. the price is supposedly lower, though!
so, that's certainly interesting. I am using a g302 now. which has AM010.
if I could get a laptop mouse with a similar sensor, and good buttons, that would be really nice.