Author Topic: [CM Store] Limited Edition White QuickFire TK (Brown Switch) NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 12368 times)

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
Hi guys,

This was something that has been requested for some time so figured I'd keep you updated.

This uses the White outer casing (non rubberized) that we showed in our CES 2013 setup. 

http://www.tech-kings.net/home/images/stories/CES2013/CES-CM/quickfire-tk.jpg

While we're still working on getting the images up, it is available for sale.  Only 100 pieces available and we don't know if or when we will get additional units.  Also, this is ONLY being sold through CM-Store, but I'm trying to see if we can get some to Canada to ease the shipping costs. 

Link to buy http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-tk-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-white-body/

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:02:58 by CM-Rajiv »
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
Updated link to avoid confusion
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Nice to see some different things coming from cooler master

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
LOLOL.. that's it?  white limited edition... HAHAHA... this really adds to the pokemon keyboard phenomenon

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Since it's MX Brown I'm guessing it white LED light?

Also any update on QuickFire XT?

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
LOLOL.. that's it?  white limited edition... HAHAHA... this really adds to the pokemon keyboard phenomenon

They probably made these as a potential product test-run, but later decided against it for whatever reasons. They still have to sell them...and thus, LIMITED EDITION was born.

Offline dmreeves

LOL! Pokemon keyboard collections hahaha.

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor

They probably made these as a potential product test-run, but later decided against it for whatever reasons. They still have to sell them...and thus, LIMITED EDITION was born.

We actually started carrying them because I got so many PMs about it and when they opted against it, we pushed for whatever we could get.  Once it's gone, it's gone.  Hence ... Limited Edition.  :P  They will sell out fast and for those that don't care for it, won't have to see it anymore!

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor

Yes, White LEDs for Brown Switch

QuickFire XT is finally working its way in.  Full launch is mid July.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist

We actually started carrying them because I got so many PMs about it and when they opted against it, we pushed for whatever we could get.  Once it's gone, it's gone.  Hence ... Limited Edition.  :P  They will sell out fast and for those that don't care for it, won't have to see it anymore!

It's nice to hear that you guys really listen to our annoying demands :)

Offline NYCesquire

I think it is an excellent color scheme. Shame about the brown switches though.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
I think it is an excellent color scheme. Shame about the brown switches though.

It would have been awesome had coolermaster done this but with clear and/or white switches.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females

No no, you misunderstand... I'm cool with you having a white limited edition.. but the "REAL" features that we're calling for....

Full - programmability
Easy-access switch plate
Standard key switch layout that will work with all our custom keycap sets..

And importantly, have Costar make it ....

That's it... You'll sell one of those to EVERYONE here... guaranteed...

And we'll all be talking about it... and it'll be the ONLY keyboard we'd recommend to ANYONE that joins these forums.

Offline AJCarrington

It would have been awesome had coolermaster done this but with clear and/or white switches.

One never knows...likely a function of sales.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

That's it... You'll sell one of those to EVERYONE here... guaranteed...

And we'll all be talking about it... and it'll be the ONLY keyboard we'd recommend to ANYONE that joins these forums.

Ok the first part of that is probably true but the second half is obviously a lie.......one cannot just recommend one keyboard :p

But TP has a good point, who will be the first mainstream manufacturer to release a semi-custom keyboard?  8)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
yeah; nice as CM's white brown switch tk is, it will be nothing compared to a programmable keyboard.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire

Sweet can't wait for it  :)

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
yeah; nice as CM's white brown switch tk is, it will be nothing compared to a programmable keyboard.

The cost to manufacturer something like this is beyond what most companies would risk.  Who knows though.... we are always looking at new, groundbreaking ways to make enthusiasts happy. :)

Offline S.A. Bert Macklin, FBI

• Macklin.... you son of a *****.
Would it be possible to just get the case? I already have a Quickfire TK with blues, but I would prefer it to be white.
Cherry MX Blues

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Would it be possible to just get the case? I already have a Quickfire TK with blues, but I would prefer it to be white.

Why not just spray-paint it white then, with oil-based enamel or white Plasti-Dip.  If you're going to take it apart to swap cases (and voiding warranty), you might as well just paint it yourself in any color you want.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline S.A. Bert Macklin, FBI

• Macklin.... you son of a *****.

Why not just spray-paint it white then, with oil-based enamel or white Plasti-Dip.  If you're going to take it apart to swap cases (and voiding warranty), you might as well just paint it yourself in any color you want.

How well does plastidip work? I've heard it comes off rather easily.
Cherry MX Blues

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
It's durable enough to be on car hub caps and bumpers--it's made for cars.  It only comes off easily if you do enough layers and actually break the final thick layer and peel it off.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Honestly, don't plastidip the TK. Get some Krylon Fusion or something. I've seen a white plastidipped TK and the small crevices and such on the fascia made it look ugly.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
If you go with the oil-based enamels, I recommend Rust-oleum's Painter's Touch and similar instead of Krylon Fusion.  Fusion melts some plastics and generally is not as fine/dense in pigment as Rust-oleum paints.  A lot of Rust-oleum's stuff can be sprayed directly onto plastic without a special primer.

Like this:
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=404

(~$4 at Home Depot)

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!

And that right there is why it's a brown switch.

People wanted White Body + White LEDs. To make it reasonable to do a production run, they had to minimize changes. White body is the entirety of the manufacturing change.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds

And that right there is why it's a brown switch.

People wanted White Body + White LEDs. To make it reasonable to do a production run, they had to minimize changes. White body is the entirety of the manufacturing change.

I just wish they could've done White Body + Blue LEDs with this Brown Switch limited edition :<
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Just pop that bad boy open, desolder the LEDs, and solder in some new ones!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

sounds like they are kind of hard to open  ::)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds

Perhaps when the warranty runs out. I'm kind of paranoid about getting any mod work done while warranties are still available should something stop working.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
sounds like they are kind of hard to open  ::)

I can understand fear of breaking the thing. But once you've broken your first couple tabs, you get over it. Some things just need a little manhandling.

Perhaps when the warranty runs out. I'm kind of paranoid about getting any mod work done while warranties are still available should something stop working.

Warranty? ;)