Author Topic: bad money habits  (Read 2229 times)

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
bad money habits
« on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 07:49:57 »
i have a custom with no keycaps, i had money for caps but instead i got distracted and bought a unicomp model m instead. i have like 3 unfinished keyboards. why do i do this to myself?  :D
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: bad money habits
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 08:02:47 »
I would recommend reviewing one keyboard at a time, for at least a week (unless it is really awful from the beginning).

And buckling springs are dramatically different - there isn't anything that compares to them directly. (And it is usually a love 'em or hate 'em dichotomy.)
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 10:58:58 »
Is it time to buy gpu, been looking at 3060. Saw some locally sell for 275 ish, although 4000 series seem so close to wait a lil longer for some more drops

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 12:31:05 »
Is it time to buy gpu, been looking at 3060. Saw some locally sell for 275 ish, although 4000 series seem so close to wait a lil longer for some more drops

If you can wait for Black Friday (for new, the holidays in general for used), do, the 3060 will likely be pushed heavily.

40 series will push down prices, but not as much as you are hoping, Nvidia is manipulating the market to hold prices where they are.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 13:58:21 »
buy ergos and use the same money to invest in bitcoin

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 07:51:56 »

i actually got a 3070 with an evga cpu cooler and PSU AND ssd AND a mouse (though a poopy one lol) from some reddit dude who was helping people out that couldnt get stuff due to the pandemic. all for $600. he's helped many other people out and he's really a great dude. made my entire year :)
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 13:07:35 »
Well it is looking like the ETH merger isn't fairing well for the miners, so the market is about to be flooded with GPU's from their operations.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 14:13:20 »

the ETH merger

I haven't dabbled in cryptocurrency at all, but it seems like this is going to be the beginning of the end for the horrible part of the process - the colossal energy waste.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 15:00:35 »
After a few years in the hobby, I finally gave myself a 2 keyboard limit. I only keep two setups and then 2 cap rotations for each board. So 4 sets of caps total.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 17:40:42 »
I haven't dabbled in cryptocurrency at all, but it seems like this is going to be the beginning of the end for the horrible part of the process - the colossal energy waste.
Heh, ever see how much energy the stock market consumes... or banks in general, it's massive.

However,
I won't be surprised if Etherium (Eth) dies. Before, anyone could do it and make some money, this created supply and demand as well as interest. Now, the only ones making money will be speculators and those with Eth in their wallet. Sure you can use it as currency, but you could use Bitcoin or Doge or whatever, Eth is now just another coin at best. So what now drives Eth? Speculation? Speculation on what exactly, that you have Eth?  Great plan.

Non crypto people called crypto a pyramid scam before, it wasn't (really), but boy is Eth starting to look like one now.

(edited for clarity and spelling)
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 September 2022, 18:08:21 by Leslieann »
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline iri

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 17:55:32 »
i have a custom with no keycaps, i had money for caps but instead i got distracted and bought a unicomp model m instead. i have like 3 unfinished keyboards. why do i do this to myself?  :D
Hey, at least you have a Unicomp!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 30 September 2022, 07:50:34 »
buy ergos and use the same money to invest in bitcoin

I hit space with my index finger, so ergos are kind of a no-no for me.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 30 September 2022, 07:52:17 »

Yeah dude, I really love this thing. I'm trying to sell stuff and save up for a modern case Kishsaver right now :)

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 11 October 2022, 07:50:37 »

Yeah dude, I really love this thing. I'm trying to sell stuff and save up for a modern case Kishsaver right now :)

I changed my mind again... I bought an Omnikey 102 Gold Label with Alps SKCM Blues instead.