Author Topic: Halloween stampede in korea kills 146  (Read 1350 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Halloween stampede in korea kills 146
« on: Sat, 29 October 2022, 18:46:46 »
apparently people rushed there having been alerted to a celebrity cameo of sorts.

And.. large crowds , high people density per square meter, turns into a moving fluid,  people in the back can't tell what's happening in the front, they push forward, people in the front get physically crushed and asphyxiate.

Reason # 37 why Tp4 never goes outside.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Halloween stampede in korea kills 146
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 03:19:42 »
so extremely ****ed up, I cannot believe people just ignored those in need. That is a crazy bodycount due to people being straight up selfish *******s. And we still don't know what the cause was.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 05:40:54 »
Similar disasters have happened in badly designed sports stadiums and at music festivals. Too many people in a small area, crowds pushing from behind and people getting crushed.

Only a couple hours earlier, I watched a live-stream from a outdoor street Halloween celebration in Tokyo (because I'm a bit of a japanophile, sosumi...) There, there were cops with megaphones doing crowd-control to keep people moving, preventing them from crowding too much in one area. I found them really annoying then, but after Seoul, I see them in a new light.
🍉

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 07:55:14 »
I cannot believe people just ignored those in need. That is a crazy bodycount due to people being straight up selfish *******s. And we still don't know what the cause was.

well, they can't tell what's happening between front and back, that's the problem.

this type of thing happens every 2 years at that pilgrimage temple where, kills hundreds

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 09:31:48 »

they can't tell what's happening between front and back

this type of thing happens every 2 years

Although I firmly believe that humans are "social creatures" (even though I am somewhat of a "loner" myself, I treasure my relationships with that small number of friends and family who are close to me) I have never enjoyed being part of a "herd"

Even though my love of music is possibly my greatest passion, and includes many different styles, the last time I went to a stadium concert was more than half of my lifetime ago, and it has been at least 20 years since I went to a concert venue of more than 2000 people.

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015