Author Topic: Halloween stampede in korea kills 146  (Read 1336 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Halloween stampede in korea kills 146
« on: Sat, 29 October 2022, 18:46:46 »
apparently people rushed there having been alerted to a celebrity cameo of sorts.

And.. large crowds , high people density per square meter, turns into a moving fluid,  people in the back can't tell what's happening in the front, they push forward, people in the front get physically crushed and asphyxiate.

Reason # 37 why Tp4 never goes outside.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Halloween stampede in korea kills 146
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 03:19:42 »
so extremely ****ed up, I cannot believe people just ignored those in need. That is a crazy bodycount due to people being straight up selfish *******s. And we still don't know what the cause was.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 05:40:54 »
Similar disasters have happened in badly designed sports stadiums and at music festivals. Too many people in a small area, crowds pushing from behind and people getting crushed.

Only a couple hours earlier, I watched a live-stream from a outdoor street Halloween celebration in Tokyo (because I'm a bit of a japanophile, sosumi...) There, there were cops with megaphones doing crowd-control to keep people moving, preventing them from crowding too much in one area. I found them really annoying then, but after Seoul, I see them in a new light.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 07:55:14 »
I cannot believe people just ignored those in need. That is a crazy bodycount due to people being straight up selfish *******s. And we still don't know what the cause was.

well, they can't tell what's happening between front and back, that's the problem.

this type of thing happens every 2 years at that pilgrimage temple where, kills hundreds

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 09:31:48 »

they can't tell what's happening between front and back

this type of thing happens every 2 years

Although I firmly believe that humans are "social creatures" (even though I am somewhat of a "loner" myself, I treasure my relationships with that small number of friends and family who are close to me) I have never enjoyed being part of a "herd"

Even though my love of music is possibly my greatest passion, and includes many different styles, the last time I went to a stadium concert was more than half of my lifetime ago, and it has been at least 20 years since I went to a concert venue of more than 2000 people.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"