Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 389416 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #2250 on: Sat, 17 February 2024, 20:54:30 »
Villanelle on the new oled, told you guys it's not that big.

(Attachment Link)

TP, how did you like the end of the show?
I feel sad, but also not satisfied, somehow they finished it in too simple way I think. There should be something better, she deserved better...

I felt in S3, the show was already bordering on highly fantastical. The direction they went, that was about as good an ending as was logically possible, they've incorporated so much silliness on route, that it became harder to take the events solemnly .

Yeah, same here. Season 3 was already bit too much, then that family or Jesus stuff, seriously unnecessary...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

« Reply #2251 on: Sun, 18 February 2024, 15:17:29 »

never forgave

So, are there any "good guys" over there for us to support?
No idea, I don't live in your comic book world.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2252 on: Sun, 18 February 2024, 20:43:03 »
Love Stalker Killer (2024) Documentary,  holy crap holy crap holy crap.

Tp4 #Ronery4ever has its advantages.

You gotta feel bad for that guy from the police department who was on again off again boyfriend, living with the crazy woman who was literally a murderer.  Like, man, that guy's gonna need the most therapy and he wasn't even mentioned much in the documentary, LOLOLOL.

It boggles the mind, why someone do that, it's such an enormous amount of labor hours that clearly had no beneficial outcome for anyone involved. Even if you were a bad guy, this would be completely inane.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2253 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 12:43:23 »
Starting Constellation,  getting ready to be disappointed, but /maybe not.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2254 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 13:07:46 »
UGhhh... They've kinda gone with Space-Ghost instead of aliens.  Not liking the trajectory, but it's not awful.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2255 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 18:02:56 »

Need to watch that, kinda liked the trailer...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2256 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 18:18:59 »

Need to watch that, kinda liked the trailer...

I just hope it's aliens, Tp4 really dislikes space-ghosts.  They never do it right. It's inconceivable that a Ghost in the vastness of space would be "malevolent", it'd spend millennia before contacting anything, and the first thing it does is kill everyone? What would be the point? Unless it had its own warp travel capability, at which point, with that much power/capacity, is it really even a ghost?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2257 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 22:33:15 »
Been on a classic anime kick lately. I really think we lost something along the way in terms of squeezing the blood and sweat from the details. The animation on some of this older stuff is so meticulous and fluid, it almost looks rotoscoped. But no, it was hand-drawn frame-by-frame in 1987. They didn';t even have the luxery of a drawing tablet back then, it was all lightboxed cel animation. It is mindblowing.

Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01:

Offline phinix

« Reply #2258 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 05:58:11 »
Been on a classic anime kick lately. I really think we lost something along the way in terms of squeezing the blood and sweat from the details. The animation on some of this older stuff is so meticulous and fluid, it almost looks rotoscoped. But no, it was hand-drawn frame-by-frame in 1987. They didn';t even have the luxery of a drawing tablet back then, it was all lightboxed cel animation. It is mindblowing.

Jeez, this is seriously highly detailed, high quality animations, amazing - in 80s!
I may actually watch this one - where can you find whole movie?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2259 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 06:02:07 »

Jeez, this is seriously highly detailed, high quality animations, amazing - in 80s!

I got 'chu  :thumb:
https://aniwave.to/watch/metal-skin-panic-madox-01.l463/ep-1

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2261 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 08:58:52 »
Oh yea, the 80s yamaha synth music really takes you back.

This era had much more Pure Mecha. The mecha of today is significantly polluted, they diverge significantly from machine focus.

So, it seems there is a restored, and a non-restored version, they look pretty much the same, they've touched up the colors a bit on the restored and lightly used some denoise/ sharpening. I would say it respects the original render, it's not a total clean up, a very light pass.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2262 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 14:55:52 »
Avatar Live action, not bad, Aang's a pretty good actor for his age. .

Offline iri

« Reply #2263 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 15:53:39 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #2264 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 17:10:35 »

I got 'chu  :thumb:
https://aniwave.to/watch/metal-skin-panic-madox-01.l463/ep-1

Thanks noisy, I'll watch it, looks so cool! :)

I found this weird description of movie on youtube:

Koji Kondo is a young mechanic who finds the Madox-01. He gets stuck inside the machine before he finishes reading the manual. He must now evade the government and find his girlfriend before she disappears forever.

Yep, that story makes sense  :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2265 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 19:55:17 »
Ted, Season 1.

Overall, not bad, bit crude in delivery, but not unwatchable if just to relax. Kind of worried about the normalization of drug use.  Unless we know for certain that drugs are what society needs, this probably won't go down well.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2266 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 20:23:00 »
The rest of the internet is loving Bad Batch s03, but it is so boring, and so slow, and so ugly to look at. By far the worst season so far for me, the 'Attack Of The Clones' of the series. Everything is grey and brown, no one ever shuts up or stops delivering exposition, and basically zero action happens.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2267 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 20:24:11 »
The rest of the internet is loving Bad Batch s03, but it is so boring, and so slow, and so ugly to look at. By far the worst season so far for me, the 'Attack Of The Clones' of the series. Everything is grey and brown, no one ever shuts up or stops delivering exposition, and basically zero action happens.

Tp4 has never been able to get into star wars. The whole universe is too focused on humans, and not enough on aliens.

The whole Jedi thing, that's really just another cloaked American brand Imperialism. They're really no better than any of their enemies. Realistically, what's their operational code, if someone disagrees with you, go kill them.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2268 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 20:59:59 »

Tp4 has never been able to get into star wars.

The same here. They are entertaining to watch and have great effects, but just don't have much real substance.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #2269 on: Fri, 23 February 2024, 12:58:13 »
The Holdovers were really nice. Can't remember the last time I watched a film with Americans behaving like normal people.

Crash Landing On You: the North Korean half is great, the South Korean one is a boring overstretched soap opera with way too many repeats of the previously shown scenes.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #2270 on: Fri, 23 February 2024, 16:48:02 »
The Holdovers were really nice. Can't remember the last time I watched a film with Americans behaving like normal people.

Crash Landing On You: the North Korean half is great, the South Korean one is a boring overstretched soap opera with way too many repeats of the previously shown scenes.

HA! I just finished Holdovers! Did you watch it today? Nice.
Yeah, I think that was pretty good movie, so natural and no stupidity in it. I like Paul Giamatti and this was one of his best performances I would say.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2271 on: Sat, 24 February 2024, 08:56:31 »
Deep Time, Upmost Experience Beyond Time (2024).

It's a French experiment documentary, people goes into a cave for a month, without connection of the "Outside" clock.

They basically live like Tp4, for 40-days, pffffft.. Tp4 lived like this 4decades.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2272 on: Sat, 24 February 2024, 15:36:20 »
The Last Airbender (2024) Netflix.

The HDR effects are really good, they work really well with the elemental powers universe.

It's WAYYYYyyy better than the god awful Wheel of Time.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2273 on: Sat, 24 February 2024, 16:35:45 »
Ghosts - 2019 UK comedy about a modern couple living on a run down estate that is haunted. The premise and setup are totally stupid, but it doesn't even matter because the characters are so fun. A bit predictable, but still funny. Plus there's 5 seasons of it, so it is something to do for the next few weeks.

Also watched the first 2 episodes of the American version of Ghosts, and it sucks

Offline iri

« Reply #2274 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 05:56:41 »
Ghosts - 2019 UK comedy about a modern couple living on a run down estate that is haunted. The premise and setup are totally stupid, but it doesn't even matter because the characters are so fun.
except the husband

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #2275 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 06:58:37 »
Ninja Kamui Not too much substance to the story yet (4 episodes out currently) but the combat animation and fight sequences are EXCEPTIONAL

if you just want something to fulfill your need for fast-paced ninja fights and lots of blood and violence, i couldn't recommend it enough

TW though: a child does get murdered in the first episode, along with his mother (main character's wife and child)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 February 2024, 07:02:14 by mohawk1367 »
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #2276 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 07:06:48 »

The HDR effects are really good, they work really well with the elemental powers universe.

the acting is not really anything special, but i think they did most of the elemental combat very well and it doesnt look too cheesy. i also really like how they handled the themes of war and generational trauma and all that in a way that some audiences can relate to. i really like how its not too watered down for child audiences too, still plenty of death last episode where the fire nation sieges Agna Qel'a shows quite a few civilians getting rekt and blood and they don't hesitate too much to show the effects of someone with fire powers fighting another human with... flammable skin and flesh
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2277 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 07:59:15 »

the acting is not really anything special, but i think they did most of the elemental combat very well and it doesnt look too cheesy. i also really like how they handled the themes of war and generational trauma and all that in a way that some audiences can relate to. i really like how its not too watered down for child audiences too, still plenty of death last episode where the fire nation sieges Agna Qel'a shows quite a few civilians getting rekt and blood and they don't hesitate too much to show the effects of someone with fire powers fighting another human with... flammable skin and flesh

Looks well animated.

It's crazy how in this day and age, nyaa releases still come out at wrong frame rates, it means people are recording incorrectly.  3 different releases 29.970, 25, 23.976 fps.   23.976 is the correct one. The 25fps is sped up, and the 29.970 one has judder. Not to be nitpicky, but, we've been at this for well over 20 years now. Frame pacing is really important for anime because it has flat fixed-rate smooth panning shots

SasukeDuck release is correct fps.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2278 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 09:37:53 »
OK, wth, Ninja Kamui Episode 3, 12min 9sec,  Duck scene.

The Latin Spanish dub goes Meghhnnn
The USA dub goes Qwakgnn
The Portug/Jpn dub goes Maernnggh.

Does literally no one know what a Duck sounds like?

306335-0

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #2279 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 09:59:43 »
OK, wth, Ninja Kamui Episode 3, 12min 9sec,  Duck scene.

The Latin Spanish dub goes Meghhnnn
The USA dub goes Qwakgnn
The Portug/Jpn dub goes Maernnggh.

Does literally no one know what a Duck sounds like?

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

i feel like a common theme in anime is having human voice actors do animal noises instead of just googling "(insert animal) noise.mp3 free download" or taking a duck off the streets and putting a mic on it

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2280 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 10:19:35 »
i feel like a common theme in anime is having human voice actors do animal noises instead of just googling "(insert animal) noise.mp3 free download" or taking a duck off the streets and putting a mic on it

Ok, mohawk, please give us your best duck impression.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #2281 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 10:22:19 »

Ok, mohawk, please give us your best duck impression.

Show Image

weng

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #2282 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 15:27:32 »

Looks well animated.

It's crazy how in this day and age, nyaa releases still come out at wrong frame rates, it means people are recording incorrectly.  3 different releases 29.970, 25, 23.976 fps.   23.976 is the correct one. The 25fps is sped up, and the 29.970 one has judder. Not to be nitpicky, but, we've been at this for well over 20 years now. Frame pacing is really important for anime because it has flat fixed-rate smooth panning shots

SasukeDuck release is correct fps.

I think it's actually just that the sources are awful.
Went to check what my media server has been grabbing since I added the show a couple weeks ago because your comment made me curious...
From the Vodes release desc:

It is pretty funny how bad the legal watching experience for this is.
You get:
HMAX (EU): 25 fps sped up, decent video otherwise, dubtitles
HMAX (US): 30 fps duped, deinterlaced (??), awful video overall, dubtitles
MAX: Hidive Tier mini encode, worst audio of the bunch, “aight” subs
Adultswim (for some countries?): Hardsubs

Looks like some groups are correcting the frame rate.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2283 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 14:17:51 »
Shogun, Tv-show (FX),  It's not bad,  starts kinda slow, but picks up.

Image quality, bit grainy, but not the kind of grain you'd expect, blobby looking,  No major utility of HDR.

Yet again, they managed to cast the homeliest women in an asian themed show. It's hard to believe there arn't any better looking ones in all of hollywood.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2284 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 14:42:49 »
I am looking forward to seeing it.
For several years I have been thinking about re-watching the original, but never got around to it. I really liked it, and it was on during my inital involvement in Karate.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

« Reply #2285 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 16:58:55 »
For several years I have been thinking about re-watching the original, but never got around to it. I really liked it, and it was on during my inital involvement in Karate.

Yeah, original was amazing. I remember watching it as a few years old kid, maybe 7-8 years old actually, in 80s.
Richard Chamberlain was great, do you remember The Thorn Birds?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2286 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 19:14:11 »

Yeah, original was amazing. I remember watching it as a few years old kid, maybe 7-8 years old actually, in 80s.

Did the original also cast mostly homely women?

Offline phinix

« Reply #2287 on: Wed, 28 February 2024, 06:15:12 »

Did the original also cast mostly homely women?

I like how you sometimes use some words or phrases that I need to google and learn :)
This time as well.

Google result:
What does homely woman mean?
Homely describes someone who's plain or unattractive, like your homely Aunt Agnes or her squish-faced bulldog.

I may not be the best person to answer that - for me all Japanese women are so beautiful, I always feel amazed by their look.
Even my wife knows, that if i had not met here, I would probably go to Japan to find wife over there - if one would accept me of course! :D

So in original Shogun, main female character was played by ♡ Yōko Shimada ♡.
You judge yourself:)

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
306366-0
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

« Last Edit: Wed, 28 February 2024, 06:18:32 by phinix »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2289 on: Wed, 28 February 2024, 13:09:20 »

looks way better than this.

Yeah, few females can meet TP4's exacting standards.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2290 on: Wed, 28 February 2024, 17:24:06 »
:)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2291 on: Wed, 28 February 2024, 18:49:59 »
Rewatching, Fury Road, in honor of Mexico City, which is at the gates of Valhalla. 90% citizens already in extreme drought.

Now this scene is kinda off,  So, ok, we can understand the Wives of Immortan-Joe has maybe read a few books.

But there's no way a "War-Boy", the person she's talking to, could possibly understand what Manifest Destiny means.

306372-0

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #2292 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 06:51:23 »
Rewatching, Fury Road, in honor of Mexico City, which is at the gates of Valhalla. 90% citizens already in extreme drought.

Now this scene is kinda off,  So, ok, we can understand the Wives of Immortan-Joe has maybe read a few books.

But there's no way a "War-Boy", the person she's talking to, could possibly understand what Manifest Destiny means.

Show Image

(Attachment Link)
God I love Australians. They're like Americans from an alternate universe.

Offline iri

« Reply #2293 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 07:30:40 »
Australia is generally the USA from the alternative universe, where it's done right. (And drives on the left)

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2294 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 09:10:42 »
Shogun, Tv-show (FX),  It's not bad,  starts kinda slow, but picks up.
Better than I had expected. Too dark, grimy, bloody and with weird colour grading for my taste still though.
I may remember wrong but I feel that Hiroyuki Sanada got a more pronounced role than Mifune in the '80s series, but then he is the biggest star in the show and a producer of the series so that makes some kind of sense.

The nature of British Columbia is beautiful ...  Reminded me of Stargate SG1.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 February 2024, 14:09:10 by Findecanor »

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #2295 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 12:32:53 »
Australia is generally the USA from the alternative universe, where it's done right. (And drives on the left)
>done right
>drives on the left
Pick one!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2296 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 12:42:44 »

drives on the left

I have only driven on the left a few times, but it does seem to make more sense to shift gears with the left hand if you are right-handed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2297 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 16:07:07 »
One punch man s3 will be done again by JC. Staff.

so.... Idk, maybe it'll be better 2nd try.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #2298 on: Fri, 01 March 2024, 06:42:16 »

drives on the left

I have only driven on the left a few times, but it does seem to make more sense to shift gears with the left hand if you are right-handed.
maybe. most people here in the states have never had to shift through gears on their own and ive never driven a manual car irl but i have in video games and i feel like its easier to do with my right hand for the more precise movement, where as steering is less precise and much easier so i like to do it with my left

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2299 on: Fri, 01 March 2024, 07:57:56 »

do with my right hand for the more precise movement, where as steering is less precise

Remind me never to be on the same roadways as you ....