Author Topic: Mitsubishi Apricot - Rubber Dome  (Read 1721 times)

Offline hamid6

Mitsubishi Apricot - Rubber Dome
« on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 06:51:47 »
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a brand new Mitsubishi Apricot Pentium 120 MHz PC. Everything is good but frustrated with the keyboard. It is a new keyboard but there's been damage to some rubber domes. I think the package has been left upside down for a long time with the keyboard underneath everything (case, speakers, etc). The keys were pressed down when I opened the box, and so rubbers have lost their elasticity and can't keep the keys up.  :(

I am now looking for spare domes. If you could help me find a similar keyboard with identical domes I can restore this to its original state. Please see the attachments for the domes I am looking for, and see the defected dome that can't raise and push the key up.

I think the Compaq keyboard in this thread https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36102.0 has similar green individual domes.

I appreciate if someone could help me find the spare domes. I am happy to pay the full price of a similar keyboard to replace the faulty domes.

199525-0199527-1199529-2199531-3

Offline hamid6

Re: Mitsubishi Apricot - Rubber Dome
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 09:42:52 »
Just checked the label and noticed that the keyboard was made by NMB and the model number is RT6656TW. The domes are not glued to membrane sheet.

Can anyone help me find the rubber domes? or a full keyboard?

Thanks
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 July 2018, 10:17:04 by hamid6 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 11:41:28 »
Tp4 enjoy dried aprocots.. from dat Costco. !!

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 11:54:36 »
Honestly you might try https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/

Keep in mind finding these will most likely be extremely hard. As it is older and most likely hasn't been manufactured in decades. That will just make it more satisfying when you finally do.