Author Topic: Thoughts on Polyester ?  (Read 2582 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Thoughts on Polyester ?
« on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 21:27:56 »
It's plastic.

You put it in the dryer, it's toasted plastic.  Then you wear it 24/7..

potentially Toxic ??

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Thoughts on Polyester ?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 21:40:28 »
Anything is. You know that.

But polyester is pretty inert.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 22:02:39 »
basically the best fabric for silkscreening clothes

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 22:12:19 »
basically the best fabric for silkscreening clothes

Without a doubt. I doubt that actual silk has been used for screens in decades.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 June 2021, 22:36:01 »
potentially Toxic ??

wear toxic clothes become hulk

stronk

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 04:24:17 »
I never wear polyester. It doesn’t breath correctly and most of the time is looks cheap. Only wool/cotton/leather.

And silk ties of cause.

Also Synthetic fibers are highly flammable so I don’t wear them to work for that reason alone. My white coat is cotton, so are my shirts. Pants are cotton or wool. 

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 12:18:01 »
I never wear polyester. It doesn’t breath correctly and most of the time is looks cheap. Only wool/cotton/leather.

And silk ties of cause.

Also Synthetic fibers are highly flammable so I don’t wear them to work for that reason alone. My white coat is cotton, so are my shirts. Pants are cotton or wool. 

Yesterday I went to the prom, and I didn't wear a tie. Ties look stupid on me and I much prefer just a shirt and a jacket.
My father has a wool suit and it is quite expensive
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Olumin

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 14:28:23 »
Yesterday I went to the prom, and I didn't wear a tie. Ties look stupid on me and I much prefer just a shirt and a jacket.
My father has a wool suit and it is quite expensive

Most suits are traditionally made of pure wool, modern ones often of a poly-wool blend (would avoid). The tie-less look is unfortunately very common these days. I personally couldn't possibly wear a jacket without a tie. If it is too hot to wear a tie, I would drop the jacket altogether.

People who think ties don’t look good on them often wear ill-fitting suits or shirts. The choice of the right collar for your face shape is also important. I for example avoid shark collars. But my preferred style of suit is from the 1950s, so what I wear is mostly very traditional, but not too formal. I tend to combine rough-wool or tweed wool jackets with slacks, and only rarely wear matching 2-piece suits. This style is less formal and more versatile.

Offline jamster

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 21:50:31 »
Any suit worth wearing is quite expensive- the cheap ones look like garbage! And if you've got a non-standard body shape, you pretty much have to go custom. So bloody glad that I don't have reasons to own suits anymore... even if they fit well, they are really not that comfortable.

I wear polyester all the time- still doesn't seem to be anything better than it when it comes to sports clothing.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline jamster

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 23:46:53 »

doesn't seem to be anything better

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_White_Suit

I am so going to watch that.

Reading the Wikipedia article, my first thought was "ultra durable white fabric that doesn't take dye? he's invented Spectra!" (well, before the radioactive part).

Edit: The class of fabrics that Spectra came from came out around the same time as the film, too.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 June 2021, 23:50:08 by jamster »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 00:34:08 »

Offline Olumin

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 06:28:57 »
Any suit worth wearing is quite expensive- the cheap ones look like garbage! And if you've got a non-standard body shape, you pretty much have to go custom. So bloody glad that I don't have reasons to own suits anymore... even if they fit well, they are really not that comfortable.

I wear polyester all the time- still doesn't seem to be anything better than it when it comes to sports clothing.

Since the style of suit I prefer is not considered modern, I get my jackets and pants very affordably second hand. The quality of vintage suits is often very good. High quality cotton dress shirts are also a lot less expensive second-hand then one might think, and often times they were only worn once or twice by the seller anyway.

The style I wear is more loosely cut then contemporary fashion, and therefore quite conformable to wear over long periods. This might have been a consideration back in the day as well, when the suit was still a uniform and worn all-day.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 07:15:07 »
I hate polyester for its crappy texture and ba breathability. I wear only cotton.

Not toxic, however.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 08:06:48 »
I don't like to think how much polyester fuzz that gets washed into the ocean from washing machines.
🍉

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 08:21:29 »
Bottleneck is cotton underwear,  it sticks to you in the summer.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:20:29 »
I like several fabrics for clothes in general, but would not consider anything but cotton for underwear.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 16:49:09 »
There's an alternative to that which would allow for that sticking issue not to be a problem and air to circulate properly.   
I tend to stick w/ Boxer Briefs for comfort and support.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 17:37:46 »
There's an alternative to that which would allow for that sticking issue not to be a problem and air to circulate properly.   

Cotton boxers will still stick when you get swamp butt during summer.  Polyester is the only kind that breaths gud' enuff.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 18:51:00 »
What do a tight pair of pants and a cheap hotel have in common?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 20:36:20 »
I had to Google it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 23:34:11 »

Cotton boxers will still stick when you get swamp butt during summer.  Polyester is the only kind that breaths gud' enuff.

You just need a sexy pair of panties to hug all your curves softly. Thongs are perfect for catching that errant butt sweat during Summer months!

Offline jamster

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 01:33:21 »

The answer is obvious- go commando.