Thx to Phinix for recommendation.

Who else is watching?

SPOILAR WARNING Below here.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Sil0
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 09:42:00 »
LOLOL, their HDDs are all suddenly downgraded from modern standards?

Understand creative license, yes, but, hdds are already cybrpunk given SSD's clear imminent takeover.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 09:44:22 »
Waiting for the next episode.  I watch it the minute it’s available.  Seems like we have a LOT to get through and they’re in no rush.  Might be several seasons worth of material.  I’m fine with that as long as we get the same cool atmosphere of the silo.  Not sure how I’ll like it once they get to the outside. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 09:50:58 »
Spoiler alert:

Seriously?

A fire lit, skyward drifting paper lantern festival ?  In a densely populated, underground facility.

I hope they have great fire suppression

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 10:38:26 »
Finished Episode 1, 

Thoroughly enthralled and engrossed.

Minor inconsistencies in technological showcases,  reactor containment, electronics, social structure,  But all within acceptable parameters for TV.

Acting is gud'   

No demeaning pointless n00dity.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 10:39:50 »
Spoiler alert:

These guys have WAY too much water, there's no way there'd be this much water.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 10:42:07 »
Spoiler alert:

Those suits have really small helmet,  wouldn't want to be the guy who goes, I want out, and then the helmet didn't fit. kekekekekeke

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 13:01:25 »
Spoiler alert:

Not gon' lie,  episode 3, the Intensity,  Sweating in my seat, while drinking iced apple puree in mountain dew original.

Consider the future people, if we continue our lives with animal agriculture, there won't be any iced apple puree in mountain dew originals.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 13:07:42 »
Spoiler alert:

can't they cut another blade off on the other end to balance it instead of pounding that much metal? it seems like in theory, it'd be impossible to haphazardly balance such large blades in 30 minutes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 13:11:18 »
Spoiler alert:

ok... Nowwwww Tp4 is upset.  You can't go into a boiler, with that much Infrared heat on the metal,  THEN Hit it with a cold water hose,  assuming the metal doesn't fail or the seal fails,  all that water would flash boil and she'd be essentially inside a steam cooker,   this is far too much stretch in terms of bad engineering fiction.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 14:51:42 »
Spoiler alert:

Sigh.. one thing that's pretty obtrusive is how animal-agriculture is critically misunderstood.

In the Silo, a scene where there is a level of  cows eating Grass, followed by a layer of what looks like wheat or corn.

This would be utterly impossible, Cows need 10-25x the amount of calories INPUT for 1x calorie OUTPUT. Grass fed can be EVEN lower conversion efficient than that. 

If you had 1 layer of cattle, you'd need 10-25 layers of feed growth. 

This is a MAJOR oversight, and demonstrates the demonstrable flaw in Environmental awareness even in educated individuals such as writers/ planners/ thinking folk. 

299519-0

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 15:34:08 »
I just like that you said cows are "utterly (udderly)" impossible.  Trying to work that into a good Dad joke.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 16:42:27 »
Finished Episode 6. 

Overall Excellent,  Easy to recommend..... Everyone go watch it so we can talk about it.

Spoiler Alert:

A bit worried as to how the plot will turn, if they keep it cryptic for too long, it might get very boring, because nothing they do is really of any consequence, there isn't really any mystery. The only reason this type of plot works at all is because the audience willingly suspends disbelief, as the on screen characters act out highly implausible surprise and ignorance.

For example, the technology they DO control can easily be modified and advanced, for anyone in that society to be as naive as they are,  they would have to be well below middle-skool education, and there's simply no way a complex logistics operation such as an underground society could be maintained with Morons.

So, plot wise, they would have to demonstrate a compelling enough reason that everyone is kept in the dark, and a secret that is Worth keeping, because otherwise the apparent superficial game of shadows is just alot of fuss.

Possibly, they could go the sn0wpiercer route, society needs a suppressed blue collar, but this has been done, so it has to either be MORE evil, or HIGHLY technical.

Hopefully they keep drama to a minimal in season 2, and focus on the technology and its impetus.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 17:12:31 »
Isn't this based on a book? I swear I read something exactly like this in college.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 04 June 2023, 17:32:48 »
God damn,   can't stop thinking about it,   Tp4 needs episodes.. NAooooooooo....

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 05 June 2023, 01:34:20 »
Tp, you should change the top post to say spoilers inside or below a certain point.
If they keep reading it's on them.

Getting serious Fallout vault vibes.

Anyhow...
Outside = bad
I'm 100% convinced outside is fake and there is multiple hints (in spoiler below because it could ruin it for you).

When the generator went down and they quickly showed the screen in the cafeteria, it flashed green like the sheriff saw, not the muted colors. Couldn't tell if there was bodies, but it did change tint. Like the wife said, it's an A.I. generated movie of them cleaning. This is also why they're not allowed to have magnification lenses (they'd see something's off) and why they aren't allowed tech such as the movie camera, they'd start to question what they see on the screen. The guy in the cafeteria is also on track to figure it out when he started seeing patterns in how the stars move on the screen because it's just a repeating pattern. I guess the creators didn't expect anyone to have the patience to sit and map out the movement or the creator of that part of the program got lazy. So what about the sheriff?  For one the sheriff didn't see his wife's body, he was heading over the hill. For all we know he was just simply struggling to catch his breath probably because the suit has limited air or it has poisoned air. We never got actual confirmation of his death other than from the silo camera which showed him next to his wife's body, a body he himself didn't see.

Turbine blades
Yes, they could just remove the opposite side and it would be balanced (assuming it has an even number of blades), but it's a steam turbine, losing two blades would cut power production by probably 30-60%. Same with trimming the ends, that too would open up a gap causing a loss of pressure, but it would have bought them time. And just how did it get that damaged in the first place, it was only exposed to steam. That much damage would have caused total failure in very, very short time, you aren't going to adjust the mount/balance bar with a wrench and fix it or even keep it running. Especially with the size of those blades, precision is absolutely crucial due to centrifugal force, any imbalance is greatly amplified.

I also have a hard time the creators didn't create some sort of diverter valve, though it's possible they wouldn't know it existed. And yeah, flash boiling was something they didn't account for.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 05 June 2023, 04:40:00 »
Tp4 foaming @ mouth.. desperately need episodes.....

It's hard to fathom a reason why an "outside" force would want to keep the people bottled up in there for any reason other than punishment. Towards every realistic human intent/desire,  even if that meant excess leisure or empire building, it'd be "easier" to do it "Outside"

If there are aliens, it could be an "educational" thing. An alien race keeping us in the bottle until we figure out where we went wrong, and why living in balance with the ecosystem is so important.

Spoiler Alert

Genuinely worried whether the logical premise to be revealed will be satisfying.

LONG game, they might set it up where, the "secret" was also a fake, as in the clean outside is fake, but the reason that it's a fake is a fake, as in there is no clean outside, but people wouldn't believe it, so they made a fake one, spread the rumors that it's fake, that gives hope to the people, for them to survive and "get out",  perhaps that deep unease and dis-satisfaction is what ultimately keeps people alive ?  (this would be convoluted and irrational, but it sort of works for plot)

I just hope it's different enough from snowpiercer, where the main problem is, even if the track is really cold, they shouldn't use their engine to just survive, they should use their engine to BUILD MORE ENGINES.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 05 June 2023, 08:40:05 »
TP4 establishes a new technique of thread-crapping.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 05 June 2023, 10:55:36 »
Maybe it’s all a big social experiment.  The few leavers are enlightened and ascend out of their Platonic cave to see the truth.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 05 June 2023, 13:38:58 »
Maybe it’s all a big social experiment.  The few leavers are enlightened and ascend out of their Platonic cave to see the truth.

Just hope it doesn't turn out to be something silly like hallucinogenic gas, or hypoxia..

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 05 June 2023, 17:01:41 »
5-mins into the show.

Already LOVE IT !!

Thx to Phinix for recommendation.

Who else is watching?

SPOILAR WARNING Below here.

Show Image

No probs dude  :thumb:

I love it too, I only hope they not gonna mess it up at the end, cause its going really nice.

Watched episode 6, wanting MOAR! :D

But yeah, when I saw those lanterns going up, I had exactly same thought - I hope they have really good firefighters :)

Same about those "rules" - I wonder why they not letting to build any lifts etc
Or why they don't have any nets every 5 levels for example, just for security - I can imagine people accidently being pushed over - at least by those couriers running up and down, they must have had accidents like that, right?!

As a PC modder, I really like those computers they use - those screens, cooooool. I would love to mod a pc in one of those.

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 June 2023, 17:07:27 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 17:29:33 »
Episode 7, a bit of feet dragging, but buildup is gud' I suppose.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 17:59:28 »
Watched the first 3 episodes last night. It's only ok. Really boring environments, the same grey corridors and concrete all the time. I get fatigued from the visuals.

This was my first thought. Have you read Wool and Dust?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 19:47:44 »
Watched the first 3 episodes last night. It's only ok. Really boring environments, the same grey corridors and concrete all the time. I get fatigued from the visuals.

This was my first thought. Have you read Wool and Dust?

I haven’t read it.  I’ll check it out!  I get what you’re saying about the visuals, but I love it.  My wife gets claustrophobic pretty easily and it bothers her.  I personally love the idea of living in a concrete silo.  I’m weird.  Lol. 

Most recent episode was really good but still moving really slowly. 
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 June 2023, 19:57:45 by pixelpusher »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 19:57:47 »
I haven’t read it.  I’ll check it out!  I get what you’re saying about the visuals, but I love it.  My wife gets claustrophobic pretty easily and it bothers her.  I personally love the idea of living in a concert silo.  I’m weird.  Lol. 

It'd be kewl for a while, but it'd prolly cause some depression/sickness long term.

Within a few generations, fertility rates will be so low that we'd all die out.

I mean, look at what's happened already,  'Murica in its infinite wisdom did all those above ground weapons tests, annnnnd  male Spurrrm count is less than 50% these days.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 19:59:14 »
I haven’t read it.  I’ll check it out!  I get what you’re saying about the visuals, but I love it.  My wife gets claustrophobic pretty easily and it bothers her.  I personally love the idea of living in a concert silo.  I’m weird.  Lol. 

It'd be kewl for a while, but it'd prolly cause some depression/sickness long term.

I mean, look at what's happened already,  'Murica in its infinite wisdom did all those above ground weapons tests, annnnnd  male Spurrrm count is less than 50% these days.

They did allude to issues with health, right.  The sickness some people develop. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 20:45:53 »
They did allude to issues with health, right.  The sickness some people develop. 

The mice utopian experiments all indicate that with all needs met,  a confined space leads to behavioral problems and eventual demise of the entire population. (they just stop breeding, even though there's nothing stopping them)

We're nearly there as humans.  Utopia is a problem, because our physiology and the mental software which rests upon it is designed for a risk rewards feedback loop that has very short term perils.  These limitations program humans for proper social interaction and behaviors conducive to life. Our technology and our lack of adaptation to it has created massive sickness for humans AND the planet.

We're in the tail-end of the Anthropocene extinction.

There is a SLIM chance we'll wake up and learn, but it's very likely that the planet will have a massive stroke before that happens, and at least 80-99.9% of us won't make it.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 22:48:04 »
They have limited resources so population control is more concerned with keeping the numbers down than they are with growth. At least for the time being.
I'm not entirely sure they'd know how to deal with a decline anyhow since they have limited knowledge and technology.

And yeah, they have some disease that causes shakes which has something to do with living in the silo.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 02:08:27 »
Episode 8 tomorrow! :)

I guess they will show something more about that secret tunnel at the bottom of the silo, mentioned in previous episodes. Maybe sheriff will find out that there is life outside and this is just experiment.
Funny how they mentioned water/steam for the generator that comes from outside, but they dont know where from. That was first trigger to think AAAHAA!

I loved that moment when they turned back power and for a second they saw real life outside through that screen in the cafeteria :D Some people actually noticed it, so why nobody said anything?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 02:42:36 »
They have limited resources so population control is more concerned with keeping the numbers down than they are with growth. At least for the time being.
I'm not entirely sure they'd know how to deal with a decline anyhow since they have limited knowledge and technology.

And yeah, they have some disease that causes shakes which has something to do with living in the silo.

Broken Radon fan.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 02:44:24 »
I loved that moment when they turned back power and for a second they saw real life outside through that screen in the cafeteria :D Some people actually noticed it, so why nobody said anything?

Could be that long term bunker life has already caused significant neurological problems.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 13:21:07 »
I guess they will show something more about that secret tunnel at the bottom of the silo, mentioned in previous episodes. Maybe sheriff will find out that there is life outside and this is just experiment.
Funny how they mentioned water/steam for the generator that comes from outside, but they dont know where from. That was first trigger to think AAAHAA!

Few saw it and they have very limited understanding of tech, they probably assumed it was a glitch or their eyes playing tricks on them.
More importantly, they've learned that speaking out brings nothing good.

As for the steam they're unaware of how to get down below, no one knows about the tunnel which would be the key to finding out but again, they're purposely being kept ignorant and told not to ask questions.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 18 June 2023, 14:23:11 »
Finally watched episode 8,

... Tp4's patience is wearing thin,  They need to take a chapter from Star Trek STN, do it fast.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 18 June 2023, 15:39:21 »

... Tp4's patience is wearing thin,  They need to take a chapter from Star Trek STN, do it fast.

Was thinking the same thing.  Politics and power moves but WHAT THE HELL IS OUTSIDE?!  And why no magnification past a certain point?  Are these people actually not people?  Are they some kind of bio-machines?  If we zoom in on their organs are we gonna see the circuitry?
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 June 2023, 15:55:33 by pixelpusher »

Offline phinix

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 18 June 2023, 16:49:08 »
Where did she jump?!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 18 June 2023, 17:03:24 »

Was thinking the same thing.  Politics and power moves but WHAT THE HELL IS OUTSIDE?!  And why no magnification past a certain point?  Are these people actually not people?  Are they some kind of bio-machines?  If we zoom in on their organs are we gonna see the circuitry?

So, you're thinking it's like the Island with Ewan McGregor ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 18 June 2023, 17:04:57 »
Where did she jump?!

It's either 1 lvl down, or ALL the way down,  Tp4 suspects prolly 1 level, cuz an HDD wouldn't survive otherwise, and they need that as a plot device, unless she's not carrying the HDD, and it's swapped out somewhere.

Offline phinix

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 18 June 2023, 18:03:23 »
Where did she jump?!

It's either 1 lvl down, or ALL the way down,  Tp4 suspects prolly 1 level, cuz an HDD wouldn't survive otherwise, and they need that as a plot device, unless she's not carrying the HDD, and it's swapped out somewhere.

I hope its 1 level - that field was where they dig the graves, as far as I remember it is ground level, right?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 18 June 2023, 18:19:20 »
I haven't watched this, and at this point I am not planning to.

Still irritated that Moonhaven was cancelled, not to mention The Orville.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 18 June 2023, 19:38:22 »
I hope its 1 level - that field was where they dig the graves, as far as I remember it is ground level, right?

they have multiple levels of the food growing with dirt, not sure.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 19:06:39 »
Frustration with Episode 9 is like @ 999

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 06:11:13 »
I worry this will end on a massive cliffhanger.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 06:51:49 »

I BET its gonna end like that.
Like Severance - such a fantastic show, loved it and LOVED the ending, but then all the waiting started, its killing me how they drag breaks between seasons...
It's "Lost" all over again...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 07:23:44 »

I BET its gonna end like that.
Like Severance - such a fantastic show, loved it and LOVED the ending, but then all the waiting started, its killing me how they drag breaks between seasons...
It's "Lost" all over again...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 10:50:07 »
I like it a lot and I'm excited to see how they'll leave us hanging, but I definitely feel the artificial slowness of the unfolding.  Could have easily covered every single plot element and details in 4 episodes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 19:17:32 »
E 10 thoughts?

It wasn't supr compelling, but I guess I'm still on board _enough_ to continue to next season.

Think I might have to read the book,  it doesn't make sense the way they're running this, there's no reason to hide stuff, they could have field trips whenever people _stop believing_ the outside is bad if it's really bad,   and if it's really good,  what reason could there possibly be to keep living in a hole.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 20:18:53 »
Not happy with the finale but I’m on board for season 2 if it happens

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 20:25:36 »
Not happy with the finale but I’m on board for season 2 if it happens

should we read the book?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 07:05:37 »

should we read the book?

I don't know anything about Silo, and I'm not watching the show, but YES, you should ALWAYS read the book.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 16:39:42 »
It wasn't supr compelling, but I guess I'm still on board _enough_ to continue to next season.
Think I might have to read the book,  it doesn't make sense the way they're running this, there's no reason to hide stuff, they could have field trips whenever people _stop believing_ the outside is bad if it's really bad,   and if it's really good,  what reason could there possibly be to keep living in a hole.

Wiikipedia has a good breakdown of the books.
Frankly the best is yet to come, that's why I was annoyed it would end like this, especially if it's cancelled now..

Why hide stuff? It makes sense to the overall story. Sort of. Why not just tell the truth, who knows.
The one thing I will say is that the author likes to rug pull, annoying since the story is good enough on it's own.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 18:42:49 »
Just watched it. I dont know what to think about it...
One thing I liked it, but on the other hand, it pissed me off cutting the story like that. We knew its gonna happen anyway.
I looked at wiki and read about books - looks like indeed, like Lesieann said, loads is still to happen, all the good stuff at least looks like it. Now they gonna keep us waiting for a year or two to see second season, if it ever happens...

What the hell was that? So pretty view was an "virtual image" then? Now we saw loads of silos around with a city on the horizon.
What was about that tape?
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 July 2023, 18:44:40 by phinix »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 22:01:21 »
What the hell was that? So pretty view was an "virtual image" then? Now we saw loads of silos around with a city on the horizon.
What was about that tape?
She says "They're good in supply"...
Go back and watch everyone else's suit used multiple wraps of recycled tape, supply gave her the good stuff, sealing her suit better.

As for the virtual image in the suit..
That's part of the rug pull I was referring to. It's a constant back and forth through the books about what is seen outside in terms of nature. Kind of maddening if you're trying to make sense because it doesn't always seem to make sense other than misdirection for the sake of misdirection and drama. I haaaaate that in shows. Not that I'm aware of an answer, but any book/wiki based answer could be altered for the show so even speculation would be pointless. I read most, if not all the Wikipedia article and I don't recall a mention of the suit even having a screen.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 09:49:06 »
Tp4 is finally understanding why he's so obsessed with Air Purifiers,   it makes it feel like he's living in S1L0.

Spent $700 on air purifiers so far. New Sensor coming today.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 16:45:34 »
Remind me in 2 months when Tp complains about being broke.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 18:10:42 »
Show Image

Yep, and will be rationing his rice through the month, I bet :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 18:23:08 »
Show Image

Yep, and will be rationing his rice through the month, I bet :)