Author Topic: Shark Atks  (Read 1899 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Shark Atks
« on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 11:47:59 »
They is reporting uptick in shark bites.

Whuddup w/dat.

Ya'll think it's cuz climate change ?

300372-0

Online Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Shark Atks
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 11:55:53 »
It seems like it's because it's summer in the U.S/Northern Hemisphere, more people in the beach, more potential risks of shark attacks. It's winter here in Australia so there would probably be less shark bites. It's funny to think that sharks are becoming more disrespectful though (which is why orcas are so much cooler with 0 recorded deaths in the wild)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 12:02:43 »
I can see that humans are a desirable food source for a predator - they are slow, and there is a good proportion of meat with thin skin, limited fur, and no undesirable scales or feathers.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 15:22:20 »
Dude, there are basically NO shark attacks every year. Things that are more likely to kill you than sharks include cows, toilets, bathtubs, vending machines, lightning, hunting, beds, coconuts, etc.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 15:34:19 »
because super hot days = much more people in the water

not the sharks fault there's like triple the splashing legs in their house right now, humans love blaming the animal for their mistakes

Very rare someone dies from a shark attack, and when they do it is due to where they get bit and bleeding out. Getting out of the salt water and onto land asap is paramount, sharks do not enjoy the taste of human flesh. They generally bite once, then run away. Exploratory bite, but with a shark their teeth are super sharp.

and btw Winter is breeding season for them. South Africa in winter is the absolute last place you want to go swimming, it's a great white tinder out there.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 July 2023, 15:36:22 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 July 2023, 15:41:40 »
It seems like it's because it's summer in the U.S/Northern Hemisphere, more people in the beach, more potential risks of shark attacks. It's winter here in Australia so there would probably be less shark bites. It's funny to think that sharks are becoming more disrespectful though (which is why orcas are so much cooler with 0 recorded deaths in the wild)

Orcas have significantly increased Ramming Attacks on Boats.  Many sunk recently.

Online Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 July 2023, 00:21:05 »

Orcas have significantly increased Ramming Attacks on Boats.  Many sunk recently.

they're just being a bit silly and having a bit of fun (Heard about that, I did see that biologists are thinking that they are trying to be playful, though some do say that they may perceive the boats as competition or the orcas are imitating what one orca did in response to trauma in that area. Interesting stuff)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 July 2023, 06:06:41 »
This thread is an example why I like to read all our off topics :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 July 2023, 06:34:52 »
Yeah I'm basically here for the off topics as well xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 July 2023, 14:18:34 »
Yeah I'm basically here for the off topics as well xD .
Off topic is like reddit, but I don't have to be on reddit and can just get a taste of the insanity without being part of it.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023