Author Topic: Why getting PS4  (Read 7331 times)

Offline Turbo Slaab

Re: Why getting PS4
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 02:57:55 »
And you can buy triggers for them, like I did with mine. These actually make a big, positive difference :

Show Image

Those look pretty good. Where did you pick them up? It won't change the nature of the button, but it would definitely help.
Looking for CC's!

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 03:12:37 »
Here you go :

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Triggers-Silicone-PlayStation-3-6304300/dp/B005D7G3LA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378368673&sr=8-1&keywords=dualshock+3+triggers

I'm very satisfied with them, they change the grip quite dramatically and gives you more control, especially if you play FPS games and whatnot. More grip is always a good thing. The standard L2 and R2's are just too small on the Dualshock.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 03:57:49 »
Here you go :

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Triggers-Silicone-PlayStation-3-6304300/dp/B005D7G3LA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378368673&sr=8-1&keywords=dualshock+3+triggers

I'm very satisfied with them, they change the grip quite dramatically and gives you more control, especially if you play FPS games and whatnot. More grip is always a good thing. The standard L2 and R2's are just too small on the Dualshock.

i made a compromise to play fps with a controller back in the day due to "HALO"..

but I refuse to do that with any other FPS....

Controller is complete nonsense...

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 05:13:34 »
Not when you get used to it it isn't. I can take on the best of them now with a Dualshock.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 05:25:25 »
I used to think that too but.. no. After being a PC gamer for over 10+ years, I got sick and tired of constantly upgrading stuff. Install drivers, install that, more RAM, new board... meeeeh. By the time you finish doing all that crap you don't even want to play anymore.

And after working all day, the last thing I want to do is crouch over my desk at home playing a game. I'd rather be on my leather sofa with my feet up just relaxing with a Dualshock 3.

Reclined on a leather sofa is not the proper gaming position for ownage. Its more for casuals, baddies, and garbatrons.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 05:29:30 »
Not when you get used to it it isn't. I can take on the best of them now with a Dualshock.

no you can not..

if this was the case.. Everyone would switch to controller... Because I agree, the couch part of it is more comfortable.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 05:32:18 »
I wish I could show this to you somehow.. A good console player can take on a good PC player if he is good enough with his controller. Trust me, I'm better now with a controller than I was with a keyboard and mouse, and I did PC gaming for years.

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 05:38:57 »
I wish I could show this to you somehow.. A good console player can take on a good PC player if he is good enough with his controller. Trust me, I'm better now with a controller than I was with a keyboard and mouse, and I did PC gaming for years.

Dude...no. There's nothing wrong with playing an fps on console with a controller as its all relative....you get good with a controller and you can take on others who use controller as well. But if there were ever a cross platform fps....controller users gonna have a bad day.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 05:53:24 »
Most users would have a hard time. I wouldn't though. I've been playing Battlefield on PC and console for years and I'm at the same level of skill on both of them.

There are some very good players out there on console which PC players love to pick on. I'm sick of the PC elitist attitude. Most players aren't even good yet they still brag just because they're on PC.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 06:03:24 »

There is a reason they scrapped CS:GO multi-platform play...
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 06:15:30 »
Because most console players are casual - PC is much more competitive. So when the two met, the console guys got annihilated. I'm not saying all console players are good, because they are most certainly not. All I'm saying is that there are some seriously good console players as well.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 06:18:57 »
Most users would have a hard time. I wouldn't though. I've been playing Battlefield on PC and console for years and I'm at the same level of skill on both of them.

There are some very good players out there on console which PC players love to pick on. I'm sick of the PC elitist attitude. Most players aren't even good yet they still brag just because they're on PC.

No, see, every time they've tried cross platform play the console players have been demolished, I think it was in Shadowrun where they even added aim assist for console players and they still got their arse handed to them.
If you think a console player can go toe to toe with a PC player that's just your opinion and there is, as far as I know, no evidence that this is possible, whereas there have been tests where cross platform has shown PC players to generally be better.
It's not PC elitism, it's fact as far as I'm concerned, unless you can show me cross platform tests where console players have proven superior, and not just "this one console player did better than this one PC player".

Edit; althoug PC gamers are not superior human beings, the mouse and keyboard are just superior input devices.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 06:23:15 »
They are superior, I'll never argue with that. All I'm saying is that there are very good guys on console as well. People who've taken me out in Battlefield with quick scope accuracy I rarely see in the PC version. But of course PC players are better, as like you said, the input devices are better. But that doesn't mean that there aren't some lethal console players out there.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 06:31:10 »
Because most console players are casual - PC is much more competitive. So when the two met, the console guys got annihilated. I'm not saying all console players are good, because they are most certainly not. All I'm saying is that there are some seriously good console players as well.

My actual point was the Controller vs Keyboard & Mouse, the KM destroys the Controller mainly in the movement time, i can turn 180 degrees with the flick of my wrist, its actually takes a "long time" to turn around with a controller in comparison.

Just saying my point you're a Controller fan, Im a Keyboard & Mouse kinda guy, we'll never agree.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 07:17:03 »
I like both equally. It just kind of bothers me when PC players think that we can do certain things. I can set my max sensitivity to 100 in BF3 and turn with just a twitch of my thumb, not even a flick of the wrist. It all comes down to the skill of the individual player.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 07:46:40 »
I like both equally. It just kind of bothers me when PC players think that we can do certain things. I can set my max sensitivity to 100 in BF3 and turn with just a twitch of my thumb, not even a flick of the wrist. It all comes down to the skill of the individual player.

The skill of the players matters, YES.

but we are considering the "same" player given 2 different tools.

In nearly every case the mouse and keyboard will perform better.

It is more intuitive, more precise, more accurate.

Analogue sticks have dead zones, wide margin of error in terms of sensitivity on different axises, and often plagued by low tolerance potentiometers that jiggle.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 07:50:11 »
Sticks also don't have much in the way of travel compared to a mouse, jacking up the sensitivity can only do so much

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 08:08:45 »

See im afraid I disagree with this, you can have 100 sensitivity, this allows you to spend 180 with a tiny twitch, but what if you want to only move 10 degrees? Your stumped.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 08:10:01 »

See im afraid I disagree with this, you can have 100 sensitivity, this allows you to spend 180 with a tiny twitch, but what if you want to only move 10 degrees? Your stumped.

Not really. Once you get the hang of it (by increasing your sensitivity in increments of lets say, 10) turning 10 degrees is no problem. Or 180. Or 360.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 11:39:11 »
I HATE PLAYSTATIONS. I ALSO HATE SONY. IN ADDITION, PLAYSTATIONS DO NOT RUN MICROSOFT WINDOWS OR INTERNET EXPLORER. THEREFORE I WILL NEVER BUY A PLAYSTATION.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 17:25:01 »

Not really. Once you get the hang of it (by increasing your sensitivity in increments of lets say, 10) turning 10 degrees is no problem. Or 180. Or 360.

with the mouse,  we don't turn by degree.. we can go down to "pixels"...

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 22:10:46 »
I believe it was Microsoft themselves that tested the controller vs keyboard/mouse gaming. Apparently they tested controller halo pro's vs average KB/m users and the pro's got stomped. I remember hearing about it on OCN.

Edit: Quick Google search; http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/07/rumour-microsoft-killed-plans-for-pc-vs-xbox-360-online-play/
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 September 2013, 22:14:57 by Turbo Slaab »
Looking for CC's!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 22:36:42 »
I believe it was Microsoft themselves that tested the controller vs keyboard/mouse gaming. Apparently they tested controller halo pro's vs average KB/m users and the pro's got stomped. I remember hearing about it on OCN.

Edit: Quick Google search; http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/07/rumour-microsoft-killed-plans-for-pc-vs-xbox-360-online-play/

I am one of the last 30 or so OG halo PC players.. 

I had a friend over hooked up on my gaming pc, he was top 5 in the country when halo 1 "xbox" was popular.

Even giving him zero latency advantage..

I was destroying him with ease on my netbook